PDA

View Full Version : Croyle or Thigpen?

texaschief
05-07-2008, 12:29 AM
PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.

hermhater
05-07-2008, 12:31 AM
From what I have seen I say we start Thigpen.

I like Croyle, but Thigpen just looks like the better QB.

Granted it was only pre-season that I got to watch him play, but he looked good.

Then again, if our O line is still porous, as chief31 pointed out he might get his neck broken.

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 12:32 AM
PFT:

With the Chiefs using zero of their 12 draft picks on quarterbacks, many presumed that Brodie Croyle would continue as the starter, at least for 2008.

Enter Tyler Thigpen.

Thigpen, a seventh-round pick of the Vikings in 2007 whom coach Brad Childress thought he could slip through waivers and sign to the practice squad before the Chiefs pounced, could challenge Croyle. Not next year, but right now.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that the Chiefs believe that Thigpen could topple Croyle for the starting job in 2008.

Thigpen last played on a regular basis at Coastal Carolina, which we didn’t realize even had a football program.

Interesting...

texaschief
05-07-2008, 12:41 AM
NFL.com/Wikipedia:

Brodie Croyle: Quarterback
Height 6-2
Weight 206
Years Experience 3
Birthdate 2/6/1983
Hometown Rainbow City, AL
College Alabama
Current status Active
Games Started 6
Games Played 11

Despite being hindered by knee injuries in his senior season in high school, Croyle was highly recruited by Louisiana State University, Florida State University and University of Alabama. However, on the night Croyle was ready to announce his decision to attend Florida State, he changed his mind and chose Alabama instead. In Croyle's four years playing for the University of Alabama, he set numerous school records, and was a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.

Tyler Thigpen: Quarterback
Height: 6-1
Weight: 224
Born: 4/14/1984 Winnsboro , SC
College: Coastal Carolina
Experience: 2nd season
High School: Fairfield Central HS [Winnsboro, SC]
Games Played:1

College career
Thigpen was the first quarterback in Coastal Carolina University history, which began its football program in 2003.[1] Thigpen had a 30-8 record in four seasons and was named Big South Conference player of the year in 2007.[1] He helped lead the young Chants program to major victories against #1 James Madison in 2005 and #3 Furman in 2006. Thigpen is the single season and career passing leader in every major statistical category at Coastal Carolina University.[2].
[edit]

NFL career
Thigpen was selected in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Vikings. Thigpen was the first player in Big South Conference history to be drafted in the NFL. On May 18, 2007, Thigpen became the first of eight Vikings drafted in 2007 to sign a contract.

Thigpen competed with Brooks Bollinger, Tarvaris Jackson, and Drew Henson for a quarterback roster spot for the 2007 NFL season.[1] He was released by the Vikings on September 1 and signed by the Chiefs the following day.

Thigpen was placed on injured reserve with a torn MCL, ending his 2007 season. Thigpen tore his MCL in practice. He won't need surgery on the injury and should be ready for offseason practices in the spring.

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
What? No poll?

texaschief
05-07-2008, 01:04 AM
I hope Thigpen rips the starting job from Brodie. I hope they both do great and the job goes to the "better QB"...not the "least worst" like we did last year.

I think the Vikings really liked this guy and thought they were the only ones who knew about him which is why they thought it was safe to push him thru waivers. From what i read about Thigpen last year when we picked him up, the Vikings were pretty upset they lost this guy. Again, they thought he was the safest name to push thru waivers which is why he was waived.
Bollinger and Henson stood more of a chance to be plucked off waivers because they were more well known than a 7th rd. draft pick.

I would be willing to bet he was the best QB out of that bunch, just not the best athlete and they didn't want there to be a controversy with the Vikes committing to Jackson, so they were going to put him on the practice squad and let him learn a little bit more before bringing him in.

hermhater
05-07-2008, 01:09 AM
NFL.com/Wikipedia:

Brodie Croyle: Quarterback
Height 6-2
Weight 206
Years Experience 3
Birthdate 2/6/1983
Hometown Rainbow City, AL
College Alabama
Current status Active
Games Started 6
Games Played 11

Despite being hindered by knee injuries in his senior season in high school, Croyle was highly recruited by Louisiana State University, Florida State University and University of Alabama. However, on the night Croyle was ready to announce his decision to attend Florida State, he changed his mind and chose Alabama instead. In Croyle's four years playing for the University of Alabama, he set numerous school records, and was a finalist for the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award.

Tyler Thigpen: Quarterback
Height: 6-1
Weight: 224
Born: 4/14/1984 Winnsboro , SC
College: Coastal Carolina
Experience: 2nd season
High School: Fairfield Central HS [Winnsboro, SC]
Games Played:1

College career
Thigpen was the first quarterback in Coastal Carolina University history, which began its football program in 2003.[1] Thigpen had a 30-8 record in four seasons and was named Big South Conference player of the year in 2007.[1] He helped lead the young Chants program to major victories against #1 James Madison in 2005 and #3 Furman in 2006. Thigpen is the single season and career passing leader in every major statistical category at Coastal Carolina University.[2].
[edit]

NFL career
Thigpen was selected in the seventh round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the Vikings. Thigpen was the first player in Big South Conference history to be drafted in the NFL. On May 18, 2007, Thigpen became the first of eight Vikings drafted in 2007 to sign a contract.

Thigpen competed with Brooks Bollinger, Tarvaris Jackson, and Drew Henson for a quarterback roster spot for the 2007 NFL season.[1] He was released by the Vikings on September 1 and signed by the Chiefs the following day.

Thigpen was placed on injured reserve with a torn MCL, ending his 2007 season. Thigpen tore his MCL in practice. He won't need surgery on the injury and should be ready for offseason practices in the spring.

Nice info...

:sign0098:

What? No poll?

Can't you take care of that?

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:10 AM
I liked what I little I was able to see of him last year. I hope he gets a shot to compete for the spot. Croyle needs that. I don't care what Curl thinks.

hermhater
05-07-2008, 01:11 AM
I hope Thigpen rips the starting job from Brodie. I hope they both do great and the job goes to the "better QB"...not the "least worst" like we did last year.

I think the Vikings really liked this guy and thought they were the only ones who knew about him which is why they thought it was safe to push him thru waivers. From what i read about Thigpen last year when we picked him up, the Vikings were pretty upset they lost this guy. Again, they thought he was the safest name to push thru waivers which is why he was waived.
Bollinger and Henson stood more of a chance to be plucked off waivers because they were more well known than a 7th rd. draft pick.

I would be willing to bet he was the best QB out of that bunch, just not the best athlete and they didn't want there to be a controversy with the Vikes committing to Jackson, so they were going to put him on the practice squad and let him learn a little bit more before bringing him in.

Huh.

So now you are jumping on the Thigpen bandwagon?

Glad to see it.

I called for him to be used last year.

:biggrin:

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Nice info...

:sign0098:

Can't you take care of that?

That would require me to work.

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 01:13 AM
I voted Croyle based on how much I've seen out of the two. I still think he could succeed as a starter with time.

Thigpen did look good in the preseason last year but I'm not sold. Maybe we will see what he can do.

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Who voted for David Greene? Do we have a bulldog fan in our presence?

hermhater
05-07-2008, 01:15 AM
That would require me to work.

:lol:

The work of a mod is never done...

How did you vote multiple times?

texaschief
05-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Huh.

So now you are jumping on the Thigpen bandwagon?

Glad to see it.

I called for him to be used last year.

:biggrin:

I liked him last year, but he didn't know anything about our system and if it was a choice between he and Brodie who had 2 years in the system, I still think Brodie was the better choice last year...and he STILL could be the better choice considering his one more year in the league.

But with the Chiefs bringing in a whole new offense and coordinator, both will be newbies in the system.

hermhater
05-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I liked him last year, but he didn't know anything about our system and if it was a choice between he and Brodie who had 2 years in the system, I still think Brodie was the better choice last year...and he STILL could be the better choice considering his one more year in the league.

But with the Chiefs bringing in a whole new offense and coordinator, both will be newbies in the system.

I don't think ONE year in the league at the position is that important considering both of their inexperience.

I was happy to see Brodie get some snaps, but I have since I saw Tyler play I was convinced he was the better of the two QB's.

I think Brodie has the bigger cannon, but he's not throwing a football through a tire.

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:22 AM

The work of a mod is never done...

How did you vote multiple times?

Because the poll allowed me to. :sign0104::D

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Who voted for David Greene? Do we have a bulldog fan in our presence?

I voted for everyone but Damon Huard.:D

hermhater
05-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Because the poll allowed me to. :sign0104::D

Why can't I vote for more than one then?

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 01:26 AM

Yeah, I'll vote for David Greene. He won't start, but I'll vote for him. If only he would play like he did at Georgia...

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:46 AM

Don't know. Maybe it is a MOD thing. Maybe TX changed it.

texaschief
05-07-2008, 04:30 AM
Tyler Thigpen-QB-Chiefs May. 6 - 6:20 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that Tyler Thigpen has been impressive enough in minicamps to make the Chiefs think he could compete for a starting job.

Thigpen made the Chiefs as the emergency quarterback and was 2-for-6 with an interception in his only game last season before getting injured in practice. He's is facing long odds, but if Brodie Croyle struggles and the Chiefs are out of contention, they could give him a look.

Chiefster
05-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Croyle or Thigpen

...Yes.

Chiefster
05-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I liked what I little I was able to see of him last year. I hope he gets a shot to compete for the spot. Croyle needs that. I don't care what Curl thinks.

Agreed! :sign0098:

rbedgood
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
HH...you only get to vote once...however during that one vote you can check more than one box.

Pro_Angler
05-07-2008, 08:13 PM
ban wagoners... geez guys Brodie isn't the problem. he has one of the best if not the best arms in football. And he is smart. The o-line sucked and LJ is a quiter!!!

rbedgood
05-07-2008, 08:18 PM
The guy has to be pretty smart...figure he has that "aw shucks" Wally Cleaver kinda look and he grabbed one of the top 10 best looking NFL wives...He's gotta have a brain in there somewhere.

tornadospotter
05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
:11: I voted for Brodie and Tyler, I hope the competition is tight and ends with one of these, the starter, the other #2, Let the best QB for us win the job!
However what a story that will make if Tyler wins and succeeds with the Chiefs and in the NFL! :yahoo:

Bike
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Croyle 0-9 last year. I'm optimistic.....

royalswin100games
05-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Croyle 0-9 last year. I'm optimistic.....

Welcome aboard bike.

Chiefster
05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
HH...you only get to vote once...however during that one vote you can check more than one box.

You are wise beyond your years young one.

m0ef0e
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
It just says best QB. Right now, with the experience, I think Damon is.

I still think we need to start the young guys though. We gotta develop our young talent or at the very least evalutate if they are the guy for the job or not.

hermhater
05-08-2008, 12:12 AM

I still think we need to start the young guys though. We gotta develop our young talent or at the very least evalutate if they are the guy for the job or not.

What's up guy?

Nice to see you on this late!

From watching Thigpen, I firmly believe he is the best QB we have on this team right now.

He has pocket presence (without even have a pocket!), has the right mechanics, and looks like he could be molded into the QB of the Chiefs.

Reminds me of Trent quite a bit.

Ldub
05-08-2008, 12:26 AM

Damon is my vote too. Who got us to the playoffs in 06? Damon. Who won us our only 4 wins in 07? Damon. Im not a Croyle hater, but I think is Huard got f***ed over by Herm and his "i must go young no matter what" way of doing things. Croyle didnt win a single game behind our crap 0-line. Huard had us with a winning record before he got hurt, WITH our crappy o-line. If Huard can stay healthy hes is BY FAR our best QB.

tornadospotter
05-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Damon is my vote too. Who got us to the playoffs in 06? Damon. Who won us our only 4 wins in 07? Damon. Im not a Croyle hater, but I think is Huard got ****ed over by Herm and his "i must go young no matter what" way of doing things. Croyle didnt win a single game behind our crap 0-line. Huard had us with a winning record before he got hurt, WITH our crappy o-line. If Huard can stay healthy hes is BY FAR our best QB.
I like Damon also! Just do not think he will be the QB.

Three7s
05-08-2008, 02:20 AM
Damon is ok when he gets protection, otherwise, he's a disaster.

hermhater
05-08-2008, 02:27 AM
Damon is my vote too. Who got us to the playoffs in 06? Damon. Who won us our only 4 wins in 07? Damon. Im not a Croyle hater, but I think is Huard got f***ed over by Herm and his "i must go young no matter what" way of doing things. Croyle didnt win a single game behind our crap 0-line. Huard had us with a winning record before he got hurt, WITH our crappy o-line. If Huard can stay healthy hes is BY FAR our best QB.

Hi Grbac.

tornadospotter
05-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Hi Bike?

hermhater
05-08-2008, 02:33 AM
Hi Bike?

And many others too great to count.

Just wondering why timsatt would create so many screen names way back then.

Perhaps he was doing this for sometime before I even got to the site.

Was the site boring before I got here?

Did it take opposing opinions to get a response from folks back then?

What the hell was going on with the Crowd back then?

I will have to go ahead and explore some of the earlier threads/posts from then.

Three7s
05-08-2008, 02:37 AM

I will have to go ahead and explore some of the earlier threads/posts from then.
I got here a bit before you did, and there wasn't too many problems here. Then again, I got here when the season just started, so there was a ton of stuff to talk about. As for timsatt, I don't know when he first registered, but I did notice him on the royals message boards, messing with some Royals fans a week ago or so.

hermhater
05-08-2008, 02:41 AM
I got here a bit before you did, and there wasn't too many problems here. Then again, I got here when the season just started, so there was a ton of stuff to talk about. As for timsatt, I don't know when he first registered, but I did notice him on the royals message boards, messing with some Royals fans a week ago or so.

I'm gonna have to go back and research threads from before I got here.

The content of the site since the draft has really gotten me thinking.

Chief from the North
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM

hey...help a :sign0104: out. Who the F*** is Tim Satt???????? Why is his name always referenced??

Chief from the North
05-08-2008, 09:55 AM
Hi Grbac.

Dyno-Mite
05-08-2008, 10:53 AM
L-Dub,Tornadospotter and Three7s were the three group in a row that support Damon "killer" Huard.Why disagree?If we give Damon protection in the pocket,we know how dangerous he can be.Just look back on the 2006 season when he was ranked second to Peyton in interception ratio.It's strange how people switch it up and mention what if we give Brodie plenty of time in the pocket then he'll be good for our offense.That's not true.Playcalling and decision making while throwing the ball is something that CRoyle and Thigpen are not built on.Our firepowered offense still is intact with Damon as the starter because he knows of all of the volumes being that he has experience with our offense.I'll have to belive that Dick Vermeil's style of offense os completely a nonfactor with Thigpen or CRoyle in as the starter because they are not aware of the volumes that truly exist.Especially when you consider that they are going to be bought uyp through Herm's era as coach.Herm's emphasis on getting young at the quarterback position is foolish.Dick Vermeil didn't feel like getting young when we had Trent green and we all know that Trent was a old quarterback but was still more definitely sharper than most young quarterbacks.Our offense was basically full of vets over 30 and we still we were of the best offenses in the league.What does that tell you?Damon has been here ever sense Dick Vermeil was with us and that's why he can be depended on to have success while still having experience through key guys such as Gonzo and L.J. but also while having a leader that he knows in Brian Waters which will be in front of him.All things vanish with CRoyle or Thigpen.

royalswin100games
05-08-2008, 11:10 AM
L-Dub,Tornadospotter and Three7s were the three group in a row that support Damon "killer" Huard.Why disagree?If we give Damon protection in the pocket,we know how dangerous he can be.Just look back on the 2006 season when he was ranked second to Peyton in interception ratio.It's strange how people switch it up and mention what if we give Brodie plenty of time in the pocket then he'll be good for our offense.That's not true.Playcalling and decision making while throwing the ball is something that CRoyle and Thigpen are not built on.Our firepowered offense still is intact with Damon as the starter because he knows of all of the volumes being that he has experience with our offense.I'll have to belive that Dick Vermeil's style of offense os completely a nonfactor with Thigpen or CRoyle in as the starter because they are not aware of the volumes that truly exist.Especially when you consider that they are going to be bought uyp through Herm's era as coach.Herm's emphasis on getting young at the quarterback position is foolish.Dick Vermeil didn't feel like getting young when we had Trent green and we all know that Trent was a old quarterback but was still more definitely sharper than most young quarterbacks.Our offense was basically full of vets over 30 and we still we were of the best offenses in the league.What does that tell you?Damon has been here ever sense Dick Vermeil was with us and that's why he can be depended on to have success while still having experience through key guys such as Gonzo and L.J. but also while having a leader that he knows in Brian Waters which will be in front of him.All things vanish with CRoyle or Thigpen.

Pink Elephants on parade...

Chief from the North
05-08-2008, 11:12 AM

I think this is a ridiculous argument. Does anyone...HAS anyone EVER really thought that Damon Huard could possibly lead any team into the promised land??? Seriously???? Do you jump every year to be the first guy to take him in your fantasy draft? Because if so, we have openings in my league next year.

We really need to put this in perspective...this "experience" you mention is as a career backup for multiple teams. I think if he was going to surprise everyone, he would have done it by now...no???
Bottom line...does he bring anything to the table that a younger guy can't? I think the answer is no.

You can chirp all you want about how he gave us 4 wins last year, but let's put THAT into perspective too. 4 wins. 4 WINS!!! woop de freakin do. I would rather have a winless season and develop a new guy in a trial by fire situation, than bet my life savings on an unproven journeyman second string. He's not the dark horse you are hoping he is.

DrunkHillbilly
05-08-2008, 11:41 AM
I vote for "OTHER"!!!!!!

rbedgood
05-08-2008, 12:17 PM
hey...help a :sign0104: out. Who the F*** is Tim Satt???????? Why is his name always referenced??

Hiya nooB...TimSatt1 is a former member of the crowd. He chose to ignore...no, actually intentionally run over warnings, infractions, etc. from the mods and Coach, continually berating members on a personal level...(not just short jokes about HH, but inappropriate stuff). He spouted incompassionate rhetoric and made even us conservatives despise his xenophobic/homophobic rantings where he claimed to speak for all of us. He was eventually banned, and then proceeded to brag about being able to bypass the admin/mods efforts to ban him by using some techno method called a proxy server (I don't want to know guys).

Anyhow he is a 22 year old, guy from Wichita, KS. He lives with his mommy and probably gives her sensual massages at night. When not busy doing her nails or wearing his apron, he creates new IDs on Chiefs Crowd.com and spouts off about Damon Huard's dominance, Rush Limbaugh's intelligence, illegal immigrants, etc., etc.

Rumor is he might try and show up at the home opener and crash the crowd party...if so HH, turn off the video camera...we need no witnesses for what Canada may have to do!!!

This pretty much summarizes the situation.

That is ALL!

Chief from the North
05-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Hiya nooB...TimSatt1 is a former member of the crowd. He chose to ignore...no, actually intentionally run over warnings, infractions, etc. from the mods and Coach, continually berating members on a personal level...(not just short jokes about HH, but inappropriate stuff). He spouted incompassionate rhetoric and made even us conservatives despise his xenophobic/homophobic rantings where he claimed to speak for all of us. He was eventually banned, and then proceeded to brag about being able to bypass the admin/mods efforts to ban him by using some techno method called a proxy server (I don't want to know guys).

Anyhow he is a 22 year old, guy from Wichita, KS. He lives with his mommy and probably gives her sensual massages at night. When not busy doing her nails or wearing his apron, he creates new IDs on Chiefs Crowd.com and spouts off about Damon Huard's dominance, Rush Limbaugh's intelligence, illegal immigrants, etc., etc.

Rumor is he might try and show up at the home opener and crash the crowd party...if so HH, turn off the video camera...we need no witnesses for what Canada may have to do!!!

This pretty much summarizes the situation.

That is ALL!

Thanks for clearing that up LOL. If he shows at home opener, we'll tie him up with his Mom's apron strings and shave him. :)

texaschief
05-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I think this is a ridiculous argument. Does anyone...HAS anyone EVER really thought that Damon Huard could possibly lead any team into the promised land??? Seriously???? Do you jump every year to be the first guy to take him in your fantasy draft? Because if so, we have openings in my league next year.

We really need to put this in perspective...this "experience" you mention is as a career backup for multiple teams. I think if he was going to surprise everyone, he would have done it by now...no???
Bottom line...does he bring anything to the table that a younger guy can't? I think the answer is no.

You can chirp all you want about how he gave us 4 wins last year, but let's put THAT into perspective too. 4 wins. 4 WINS!!! woop de freakin do. I would rather have a winless season and develop a new guy in a trial by fire situation, than bet my life savings on an unproven journeyman second string. He's not the dark horse you are hoping he is.

....and he can't throw screen passes.

With a brand new line working together for the first time next season, even if they do a GREAT job, they're still going to suck. It takes a couple years for O-lines to jell and become dominant.

I'm gonna have to pass on the statue in the back field on this one fellas.

Chiefster
05-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Pink Elephants on parade...

HA! :lol:

Dyno-Mite
05-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Continue to lean on your suck boys in CRoyle and Thigpen and watch what happens when the season starts.It's Damon "killer" Huard or nothing.Case dismissed.

texaschief
05-09-2008, 12:51 PM
Continue to lean on your suck boys in CRoyle and Thigpen and watch what happens when the season starts.It's Damon "killer" Huard or nothing.Case dismissed.

:lol: I hope you don't break down if Huard doesn't even make the team.

rbedgood
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
:lol: I hope you don't break down if Huard doesn't even make the team.

He'll hug his stuffed elephant for comfort...

chief31
05-09-2008, 03:47 PM
I will not be getting involved in this discussion. :D

Three7s
05-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Do you like being stupid?

Chiefster
05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Do you like being stupid?

He has an opinion, as uninformed as it may be, that he is entitled to; let's not be calling folks "stupid".

(I realize that technically you're not calling him "stupid"; merely asking him if he likes being "stupid")

Chiefster
05-09-2008, 07:44 PM
I will not be getting involved in this discussion. :D

You are wise beyond your years.

hermhater
05-09-2008, 08:33 PM
He has an opinion, as uninformed as it may be, that he is entitled to; let's not be calling folks "stupid".

(I realize that technically you're not calling him "stupid"; merely asking him if he likes being "stupid")

:lol: :toast2:

Chiefster
05-09-2008, 08:36 PM
:lol: :toast2:

:D:bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
05-09-2008, 09:53 PM

Oh hush, you just want to play football for the Chiefs, you're obviously Huard age-wise!:lol:

hermhater
05-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh hush, you just want to play football for the Chiefs, you're obviously Huard age-wise!:lol:

What's up fellow local?

:bananen_smilies046:

Chief from the North
05-09-2008, 10:30 PM

You're a knob. But hey...SOMEONE has to be stupid enough for the rest of us to make money off of. Usually when I fantasize...it's about women, but whatever works bud. I won't judge you. In fact, good luck with that. Make sure you hug your Huard jersey tonight.

oops, sorry, just read the latest posts. Let me edit this. You aren't a knob. You are entitled to an opinion. You aren't stupid. You are entitled to an opinion. I think I may have to write this on the blackboard a few more times before I'm allowed at the home opener

Chiefster
05-09-2008, 10:45 PM
You're a knob. But hey...SOMEONE has to be stupid enough for the rest of us to make money off of. Usually when I fantasize...it's about women, but whatever works bud. I won't judge you. In fact, good luck with that. Make sure you hug your Huard jersey tonight.

oops, sorry, just read the latest posts. Let me edit this. You aren't a knob. You are entitled to an opinion. You aren't stupid. You are entitled to an opinion. I think I may have to write this on the blackboard a few more times before I'm allowed at the home opener

We do try to keep it respectful here. :)

texaschief
05-09-2008, 11:58 PM
We do try to keep it respectful here. :)

pfff... :funnypost:

chief31
05-10-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh yeah?!?!?

texaschief
05-10-2008, 12:32 AM
oh yeah. :sign0103:

Chiefster
05-10-2008, 12:51 AM

Get off my lawn :sign0104:! :11: :D

Guru
05-10-2008, 01:15 AM

Hi Mr. "Baltimore is a great team. I can make it better" Grbac.:D

Chiefster
05-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Hi Mr. "Baltimore is a great team. I can make it better" Grbac.:D

:lol::lol::lol:

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
I voted for Croyle. But I really can't make a decision until training camp. I do like Thigpin. And I think he can compete for the job. Whoever can place a ball between th 8 and the 2 most consistently has my support!

Chiefster
05-10-2008, 10:02 AM
I voted for Croyle. But I really can't make a decision until training camp. I do like Thigpin. And I think he can compete for the job. Whoever can place a ball between th 8 and the 2 most consistently has my support!

Good point! :D

Ldub
05-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I dont hate Croyle. No quarterback could of be productive behind our o-line last year. BUT the biggest stat in MY book is wins.

Huard: 4-3
Croyle: 0-9

Both were behind the same crappy o-line.

Im not saying Huard is the QB of the future, and Croyle will never be. Im saying as of right now I think Huard can get us more WINS. The most important stat.

hermhater
05-10-2008, 02:24 PM
I dont hate Croyle. No quarterback could of be productive behind our o-line last year. BUT the biggest stat in MY book is wins.

Huard: 4-3
Croyle: 0-9

Both were behind the same crappy o-line.

Im not saying Huard is the QB of the future, and Croyle will never be. Im saying as of right now I think Huard can get us more WINS. The most important stat.

That's hardly fair to put most of those losses on Croyle.

Our D was tired the last half of the season, and frankly looked like they had given up in the second half of most of those games.

Three7s
05-10-2008, 02:34 PM
That's hardly fair to put most of those losses on Croyle.

Our D was tired the last half of the season, and frankly looked like they had given up in the second half of most of those games.
I agree with this, and I'll add something. Early on in the season, teams were stupid against us. They didn't know how BAD our run defense was.

The Vikings and the Chargers completely went away from it in the 2nd half, which allowed us to beat them, the Raiders never even tried running the ball. If we get run on like we did in the 2nd half of the season, the only game we win is the Bengals, if we're lucky.

hermhater
05-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree with this, and I'll add something. Early on in the season, teams were stupid against us. They didn't know how BAD our run defense was.

The Vikings and the Chargers completely went away from it in the 2nd half, which allowed us to beat them, the Raiders never even tried running the ball. If we get run on like we did in the 2nd half of the season, the only game we win is the Bengals, if we're lucky.

We still would have beaten the Chargers, our D dominated them in that game!

:yahoo:

Three7s
05-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Well yeah, causing the other team to fumble and turning it into a TD is pretty nice, you have a point, my good friend!:bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
05-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Well yeah, causing the other team to fumble and turning it into a TD is pretty nice, you have a point, my good friend!:bananen_smilies046:

Plus DBowe and TG had TD's in that game!

Rayner was 3-3 as well!

:yahoo:

windwalker
05-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't think ONE year in the league at the position is that important considering both of their inexperience.

I was happy to see Brodie get some snaps, but I have since I saw Tyler play I was convinced he was the better of the two QB's.

I think Brodie has the bigger cannon, but he's not throwing a football through a tire.

Of course, one of the Vikings coaches was very impressed to see Thig throw almost 60 yards on one knee..

Not a bad arm.. He has a nice touch for float passes too.. Hell I watched him for 4 years..

Give Thig a chance... he is the real thing..

Historically, he is also a lot more durable than Croyle.
Plus, when he HAS to run.. he ain't too bad..

He has quick feet.

OK.. I am a little biased, since I an a faculty member at Coastal.. but I really think, Thig is the REAL DEAL...

hermhater
05-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Of course, one of the Vikings coaches was very impressed to see Thig throw almost 60 yards on one knee..

Not a bad arm.. He has a nice touch for float passes too.. Hell I watched him for 4 years..

Give Thig a chance... he is the real thing..

Historically, he is also a lot more durable than Croyle.
Plus, when he HAS to run.. he ain't too bad..

He has quick feet.

OK.. I am a little biased, since I an a faculty member at Coastal.. but I really think, Thig is the REAL DEAL...

I hope he gets his chance this year!

:bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
05-11-2008, 12:33 AM
I'll enjoy watching Thig in preseason. Any type of competition for Croyle helps.

bigpoppachief
05-13-2008, 10:43 PM
I voted Croyle but I hope that thigpen or santos can pan out. Honestly I have high hopes for that santos kid. He dominated the level he played but thats the problem he played at a lower level but his numbers are impressive no matter what so i think it will be interesting to see what happens. But then again I always use Croyle on madden and he ends up getting good lol let's hope that can happen in RL :D

hermhater
05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm sure Herm will get them all a chance to start at least one game this season.

:mob:

chief addict
05-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I really don't know why everyone has a problem with Huard. He's clearly the best qb we have until somebody else proves otherwise. Did you see what he did against Detroit when Croyle got hurt? Over 300 yards with no interceptions, not to mention, we got our 4 wins when he started. Croyle has a strong arm, so what, Ryan Leaf did too. Croyle makes too many silly mistakes.

royalswin100games
05-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I voted Croyle but I hope that thigpen or santos can pan out. Honestly I have high hopes for that santos kid. He dominated the level he played but thats the problem he played at a lower level but his numbers are impressive no matter what so i think it will be interesting to see what happens. But then again I always use Croyle on madden and he ends up getting good lol let's hope that can happen in RL :D

Santos' stats are pretty good but I think we'd need a blocking scheme like New Orleans if he got a shot because of his height.

tammietailgator
05-13-2008, 10:55 PM
I really don't know why everyone has a problem with Huard. He's clearly the best qb we have until somebody else proves otherwise. Did you see what he did against Detroit when Croyle got hurt? Over 300 yards with no interceptions, not to mention, we got our 4 wins when he started. Croyle has a strong arm, so what, Ryan Leaf did too. Croyle makes too many silly mistakes.
He is a good QB ------ as a backup QB!!!! That IS what he IS.... IMO and his :biggrin:

chief31
05-13-2008, 11:59 PM
He is a good QB ------ as a backup QB!!!! That IS what he IS.... IMO and his :biggrin:

He is an even better QB as a starter. But since we aren't trying to win, we may as well just focus on the future.

tammietailgator
05-14-2008, 12:15 AM
He is an even better QB as a starter. But since we aren't trying to win, we may as well just focus on the future.

Exactly... we are trying to win...
So when he was a starter... it didnt work out - He plays best as a backup when needed. He really does a good job at that too, but when asked to take us all the way - he can't. That is because he is a good backup only. That is his job... always has been.

He is no rich gannon.... :yahoo:

Chiefster
05-14-2008, 03:02 AM
So when he was a starter... it didnt work out - He plays best as a backup when needed. He really does a good job at that too, but when asked to take us all the way - he can't. That is because he is a good backup only. That is his job... always has been.

Unfortunately.

chief31
05-14-2008, 05:14 AM

I don't see us doing anything to indicate that we are trying to win.

That, and look at Huards record as our starter. Many think that he played poorly as our starter last season, but it seems that he was doing better than most QBs would have with that offense.

In fact, until he was forced to start throwing deep, his numbers were not horrible. Especially when you take into account the rest of the offense.

Chiefster
05-14-2008, 07:37 AM
I think that because of his overall NFL experience that right now Huard is the better quaterback, but he is not the future. IMO

jakesmith
05-14-2008, 10:45 AM
My opinion is Croyle is a bust. He has been in the league for 4 years now??? He isnt a winner, he is a marginal QB at best. My stat is, winners find a way to win, no matter the situation. They may not be able to win them all but they win more than they lose. Croyle was given his shot last year to find a way to win. He couldn't do it. Yeah he had a bad o-line. But I've seen great QB's win despite the bad o-line. And Croyle couldn't win even one game. The Chiefs have taken time to develop him but the time to shine was last year and he couldn't get it done.

If Thigpen is as good as you guys are saying (I have no knowledge of him), then hopefully he can do something. We will see this year.

As for Huard, I've got mixed feelings. I think he is the best QB to get us a win. But he is not the long term solution. Huard was also given a chance. Although I would have to say probably not a fair one. Lets face it Herm had a chubby for Croyle and the whole QB competition was rigged in Croyle's favor. Huard is a good backup QB because he can excel in the unknown factor, if he is a backup teams dont completely prepair for him like they will for a starting QB. When they prepare for him, Huard does not do as well. I believe he will always only be a backup

Dyno-Mite
05-14-2008, 01:51 PM

Hold up.Let's go back.When he was a starter it didn't work out.You're wrong because it did work out.During the 2006 season,he was ranked second to Peyton Manning in quarterback rating.That bypasses other elite quarterbacks such as Brett favre,Tom Brady,Carson Palmer,Donovan Mcnabb and so on.He was also ranked first in interception ratio.That proves that he is accustomed to not making mistakes.If he would've played the entire 2006 season then he possibly could've passed Peyton and led the league in quarterback rating.As for the 2007 season,he was outstanding while leading our team on top of the division until Herm made the switch to Croyle.Let's not forget that we were without our veteran wide receiver in Eddie Kennsion for so many games during the games in which Damon played.The Detroit game in which Chief Addict brung up brings back so much memories because he was outstanding.Do we really think Croyle could've played a better game than Damon when we played Detroit?!:hypocrite: Taking us all the way is but was possible with Damon during the 2006 season.He got us into the playoffs but also led us on top of the division during the 2007 season until Herm's................."I must get younger" approach tore our season apart.Just imagine what would've happened if Damon was to remain as our starter while we were on top of the division.Playoffs!

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
05-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Hold up.Let's go back.When he was a starter it didn't work out.You're wrong because it did work out.During the 2006 season,he was ranked second to Peyton Manning in quarterback rating.That bypasses other elite quarterbacks such as Brett favre,Tom Brady,Carson Palmer,Donovan Mcnabb and so on.He was also ranked first in interception ratio.That proves that he is accustomed to not making mistakes.If he would've played the entire 2006 season then he possibly could've passed Peyton and led the league in quarterback rating.As for the 2007 season,he was outstanding while leading our team on top of the division until Herm made the switch to Croyle.Let's not forget that we were without our veteran wide receiver in Eddie Kennsion for so many games during the games in which Damon played.The Detroit game in which Chief Addict brung up brings back so much memories because he was outstanding.Do we really think Croyle could've played a better game than Damon when we played Detroit?!:hypocrite: Taking us all the way is but was possible with Damon during the 2006 season.He got us into the playoffs but also led us on top of the division during the 2007 season until Herm's................."I must get younger" approach tore our season apart.Just imagine what would've happened if Damon was to remain as our starter while we were on top of the division.Playoffs!

Well, I do agree with most of what you are saying. Damon should have remained our Q.B. in the 2006 season. He would have given us a better chance against the Colts in the playoff game. He's a smart player. Dosen't beat himself yada-yada. But he has been a carreer backup for a reason. First and foremost he isn't very durable. He lacks leadership skills, and he's slow. A guy might be able to be successful with one of those things going against him. But combine all three and your not going to be consistent for a long period of time. And getting younger didn't cause the demise of our season in 07. Failing to address the giant whole in the O-line and the lack of special teams was problem. Also Huard wasn't pulled from the line up because we wanted to be younger. He was beat up for most of the year.

chief31
05-14-2008, 08:34 PM
Well, I do agree with most of what you are saying. Damon should have remained our Q.B. in the 2006 season. He would have given us a better chance against the Colts in the playoff game. He's a smart player. Dosen't beat himself yada-yada. But he has been a carreer backup for a reason.

Yeah. What kind of schmuck can't win away the starting job from a scrub like Tom Brady. Or maybe Trent Green was supposed to play horribly enought to have Vermiel start considering benching him. I can't believe that I am still hearing this argument.

First and foremost he isn't very durable.

He sure seemed durable when he was getting run over by defeses last season.

He lacks leadership skills,

What are you talking about??? That is some kind of self-invented speculation.

and he's slow.

O.K. So he's slow-footed. Dan Marino would likely argue that that isn't enough to classify someone as a career back-up.

A guy might be able to be successful with one of those things going against him.

O.K. Because that's where we stand. One of those things.

But combine all three and your not going to be consistent for a long period of time. And getting younger didn't cause the demise of our season in 07. Failing to address the giant whole in the O-line and the lack of special teams was problem.

AMEN!!!

Also Huard wasn't pulled from the line up because we wanted to be younger. He was beat up for most of the year.

I don't mean to bash, but I absolutely don't get the whole "He's a backup for a reason" argument. If that's the case, then Tom Brady was a sixth-round draft pick for a reason. Priest Holmes wasn't drafted at all for a reason.

tammietailgator
05-14-2008, 09:36 PM
There are QB's that did better as starters... ie Rich Gannon! I agree with somewhereoverdwaynebowe - Huard does lack leadership skills. And he is slow.. we are going young - that is a fact! Now we have to build on it - GO CROYLE!

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
05-14-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't want to come off as a Huard hater. I have a huge amount of respect for the guy. But I stand by what I said. He was removed from the starting lineup last year because he was banged up. In fact he removed himself from one game. Went to the bench. Stuck a towel over his head. I find it hard to compare him to Tom Brady. What he has done with his opportunity is pretty obvious. I'm sure anyone would have told you how crazy you were if you predicted him taking Bledsoe's job. He was pretty well liked in New England. I find it impossible to compare him to Dan Marino. Seems like the stars line up at the right time for some guy's. It just never has happened for Damon as far as being "the guy". However, I think we are very fortunate to have him in KC as ......a backup. And I'm not offended in any way by anything you argue. I appreciate your passion. And I enjoy a good debate. We are on the same team you know.

chief31
05-14-2008, 11:25 PM
I don't want to come off as a Huard hater. I have a huge amount of respect for the guy. But I stand by what I said. He was removed from the starting lineup last year because he was banged up. In fact he removed himself from one game. Went to the bench. Stuck a towel over his head. I find it hard to compare him to Tom Brady. What he has done with his opportunity is pretty obvious. I'm sure anyone would have told you how crazy you were if you predicted him taking Bledsoe's job. He was pretty well liked in New England. I find it impossible to compare him to Dan Marino. Seems like the stars line up at the right time for some guy's. It just never has happened for Damon as far as being "the guy". However, I think we are very fortunate to have him in KC as ......a backup. And I'm not offended in any way by anything you argue. I appreciate your passion. And I enjoy a good debate. We are on the same team you know.

I just think that Huard has done very well when he has had the opportunities. Last year, I think he did a good job, when you consider the lack of protection, running game, #1WR, and competant play-calling.

And I wasn't trying to compare Huard to Marino, nor Brady, on the whole. The comparison to Marino was based strictly on the "slow" comment. Alot of NFL QBs are pretty slow. And there was no comparison to Brady, just that I say being a backup because you can't win a starting job from Tom Brady doesn't mean that you should be labeled a career-backup.

Hell, if Peyton Manning were on the same team as Tom Brady for their entire career, one of them would be a career backup. Right?

tammietailgator
05-14-2008, 11:26 PM

Well said!!:sign0098:

Chiefster
05-15-2008, 07:47 AM
My opinion is Croyle is a bust. He has been in the league for 4 years now??? He isnt a winner, he is a marginal QB at best. My stat is, winners find a way to win, no matter the situation. They may not be able to win them all but they win more than they lose. Croyle was given his shot last year to find a way to win. He couldn't do it. Yeah he had a bad o-line. But I've seen great QB's win despite the bad o-line. And Croyle couldn't win even one game. The Chiefs have taken time to develop him but the time to shine was last year and he couldn't get it done...

He was a starter for about 3/4 the season last year for the very first time in his four years in the league behind a terrible "O"-line I think he deserves at least one more season in a year that is widely regarded as a rebuilding year at best. JMHO

luv
05-15-2008, 08:37 AM
I just think that Huard has done very well when he has had the opportunities. Last year, I think he did a good job, when you consider the lack of protection, running game, #1WR, and competant play-calling.

And of course no LJ to hand the ball off to over 400 times. I like Huard, but I agree he's better as a backup. We'll have to see how things go this year.

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 09:58 AM
Its Croyle's job, Its his to lose! But he did clearly win the job last year!

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 10:06 AM

:mob: :mob: :mob: Speaking of poor coaching!!!!! Marty screwed up with that QB choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gannon was a winner, he found a way to make the playes!!

Dyno-Mite
05-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, I do agree with most of what you are saying. Damon should have remained our Q.B. in the 2006 season. He would have given us a better chance against the Colts in the playoff game. He's a smart player. Dosen't beat himself yada-yada. But he has been a carreer backup for a reason. First and foremost he isn't very durable. He lacks leadership skills, and he's slow. A guy might be able to be successful with one of those things going against him. But combine all three and your not going to be consistent for a long period of time. And getting younger didn't cause the demise of our season in 07. Failing to address the giant whole in the O-line and the lack of special teams was problem. Also Huard wasn't pulled from the line up because we wanted to be younger. He was beat up for most of the year.

Let's go back again.Huard lacks leadership skills.That doesn't make any sense.If he lacks leadership skills then how come many other elite quarterbacks looked at Damon as a leader for a team when he was ranked second to Peyton in quarterback rating during the 2006 season.Does not making mistakes fit in the leadership category because he was first in the league in interception ratio during the 2006 season?There are many people in the world that looked at Huard as a leader while accomplishing these "leader" stats.That's what every quarterback is supposed to accomplish.They are supposed to make it to the top.That makes the other players trust you heavily.Damon's a mean and tough guy on the field.Unlike Croyle and Thigpen,Damon is a guy that battles hard as a quarterback until the end.He doesn't need to have the durability because he knows that he can take hits and get back up with that savvy go get'et attitide.Croyle and Thigpen are guys that will give up on you.

Canada
05-15-2008, 04:31 PM
What do you even know about Thigpen?

Dyno-Mite
05-15-2008, 04:52 PM

That he was a backup for most of his career.

Canada
05-15-2008, 04:55 PM

So was Damon. what is your point? I mean it kinda seems like you don;t know what you are talking about. How much have you seen of Thigpen? Have you ever seen Croyle with a little protection? We know you love Damon but could you come up with an argument that people have not been listening to here for the last 2 years. The whole TD/INT ratio and QB rating argument were 2 years ago man. We have 50 new players on the team since then. What has he done lately? And don't tell me he won 4 of our first 7 games cause they were hardly offensive explosions!!

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 04:58 PM
Let's go back again.Huard lacks leadership skills.That doesn't make any sense.If he lacks leadership skills then how come many other elite quarterbacks looked at Damon as a leader for a team when he was ranked second to Peyton in quarterback rating during the 2006 season.Does not making mistakes fit in the leadership category because he was first in the league in interception ratio during the 2006 season?There are many people in the world that looked at Huard as a leader while accomplishing these "leader" stats.That's what every quarterback is supposed to accomplish.They are supposed to make it to the top.That makes the other players trust you heavily.Damon's a mean and tough guy on the field.Unlike Croyle and Thigpen,Damon is a guy that battles hard as a quarterback until the end.He doesn't need to have the durability because he knows that he can take hits and get back up with that savvy go get'et attitide.Croyle and Thigpen are guys that will give up on you.

Can you please put spaces after your punctuation? It's like one long run-on sentence with dots in it.

Canada
05-15-2008, 05:03 PM
That is how TimSatt types

Dyno-Mite
05-15-2008, 05:16 PM
So was Damon. what is your point? I mean it kinda seems like you don;t know what you are talking about. How much have you seen of Thigpen? Have you ever seen Croyle with a little protection? We know you love Damon but could you come up with an argument that people have not been listening to here for the last 2 years. The whole TD/INT ratio and QB rating argument were 2 years ago man. We have 50 new players on the team since then. What has he done lately? And don't tell me he won 4 of our first 7 games cause they were hardly offensive explosions!!

It amazes on how certain people are extremely excited for Thigpen and Croyle when you consider the fact that Croyle has never won a football game.I don't need to see nothing more from Thigpen because he's inexperienced.

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
It amazes on how certain people are extremely excited for Thigpen and Croyle when you consider the fact that Croyle has never won a football game.I don't need to see nothing more from Thigpen because he's inexperienced.

It's like listening to a broken record, or maybe a Damon Huard action figure that can only say the same damn thing over and over and over... What are you...his sister? Jeez man, talk about undying devotion and blind love.

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
That is how TimSatt types

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Canada
05-15-2008, 05:25 PM

Yeah, it is odd that people would like to see our team progress with a young QB who may possibly be with us for several years as opposed to going with a guy who might get in a rhythm with DBowe and Tony and then retire cause he is 38 years old. Are you excited that we got Dorsey? He never won and NFL game, he is inexperienced. I never said that I don't like Damon. He has won some games for us and maybe had he come to the Chiefs 6 or 7 years ago instead of playing behind some of the games greats then things would be different. Fact is he is an aging career backup QB. To go forward with him at this point would be detrimental to the team. But you keep holding on to the past there tim ...uh I mean Grbac :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 05:27 PM
TYLER THIGPEN #4

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/players/tyler_thigpen.jpg PositionQuarterbackHeight6-1Weight225Years Experience2Birthdate4/14/1984HometownWinnsboro, SCCollegeCoastal CarolinaCurrent statusActiveGames Started0Games Played1
College Bio

Young quarterback prospect was claimed off waivers by Kansas City from Minnesota on September 2nd … Versatile athlete who is dangerous as either a passer or runner … Possesses a strong arm and can make every throw needed in the NFL … Is expected to serve as the club’s third quarterback while continuing to learn the position at the pro level … Was recruited by colleges as a quarterback despite not playing that position as a senior in high school after serving as a quarterback his sophomore and junior seasons … Was not invited to the scouting combine, but impressed the pro scouts with an on-campus workout … Became the first player from Coastal Carolina to be drafted into the NFL when Minnesota selected him in the seventh round (217th overall) in 2007 … Played in 41 games (39 starts) for the Chanticleers … Completed 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 interceptions for a 132.6 rating … Added 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) with 13 rushing scores.

2006: Started all 12 games … Completed 217 of 339 passes for 3,296 yards with 29 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, good for a 167.4 rating … Added 113 carries for 656 yards (5.8 avg.) with five TDs … His 656 rushing yards ranked fourth in the league … Named the Big South Conference Offensive Player of the Year … Became the first player in school history to earn consensus All-America honors … Threw three touchdowns in six games and four TDs in two other contests … Finished the season with five 300-yard games … Named the conference player of the week four times … Led the Chanticleers to the NCAA Division I-AA playoffs where they lost to eventual national champion Appalachian State.
2005: Started 11 games … Connected on 133 of 246 throws for 1,589 yards with 11 TDs and six INTs for a 118.2 rating … Also had 97 carries for 437 yards (4.5 avg.) with four TDs … Led the Chanticleers to the conference championship … Totaled 111 rushing yards and three TDs vs. Virginia Military Institute to earn conference Player of the Week honors.
2004: Played in eight games (seven starts) ... Completed 78 of 158 passes for 1,008 yards with eight TDs and four INTs, good for a 114.6 rating … Also had 55 carries for 251 yards (4.6 avg.) with a TD … Threw for three TDs and rushed for another vs. Charleston to earn Big South Offensive Player of the Week accolades … Missed the final three games with a shoulder injury.
2003: Saw action in 10 games (nine starts) ... Connected on 58 of 136 passes for 705 yards with five TDs and four INTs for a 92.4 rating … Added 81 carries for 282 yards (3.5 avg.) with three TDs.
2002: Redshirted as a true freshman … Majored in Sport Management at Coastal Carolina. Personal Bio

• An All-South Carolina selection as a senior running back at Fairfield Central High School in Winnsboro, South Carolina.

• Played quarterback as a sophomore and junior.
• Also saw action as a kicker and punter.
• A standout basketball performer.
• Aspires to return to his “home away from home” at Coastal Carolina to coach or work as an administrator.
• Volunteered at Habitat for Humanity.
• Full name: Tyler Beckham Thigpen. • Single, resides in Winnsboro, South Carolina.
:sign0153: A career backup?

Canada
05-15-2008, 05:35 PM
GrbSat does not like to back up his argument with silly things like stats!!

Dyno-Mite
05-15-2008, 05:36 PM
It's like listening to a broken record, or maybe a Damon Huard action figure that can only say the same damn thing over and over and over... What are you...his sister? Jeez man, talk about undying devotion and blind love.

I'd love to see Damon open up the season opener to his former homeboy in Tom Brady rather than seeing your suck boys in Thigpen and CRoyle as our starting QB.That's how KC should open up the season.Mu fuggin Brady will rather face CRoyle or Thigpen because he know that they suck and he doesn't have to deal with Damon.

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Ok, backup where!

:D

Canada
05-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I'd love to see Damon open up the season opener to his former homeboy in Tom Brady rather than seeing your suck boys in Thigpen and CRoyle as our starting QB.That's how KC should open up the season.Mu fuggin Brady will rather face CRoyle or Thigpen because he know that they suck and he doesn't have to deal with Damon.

What does this even mean? Do you even like the Chiefs cause you sure talk a lot of **** about them for a guy who claims to be a fan.

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 05:41 PM
:iamwithstupid:
Get lost ***!

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 05:42 PM

Yeah...I'm SURE that Tom Brady is quaking in his boots at the prospect of playing a Damon Huard led Chiefs team. Dude, you have SERIOUSLY got to cut back on the meds. I'm not allowed to call you a moron, so I'll just end this now and let you do it for me with your insightful replies.
Thanks for the education. Just say no man.

Canada
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I like to help out fellow Canadians

GrbSat....you are a moron.

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah...I'm SURE that Tom Brady is quaking in his boots at the prospect of playing a Damon Huard led Chiefs team. Dude, you have SERIOUSLY got to cut back on the meds. I'm not allowed to call you a moron, so I'll just end this now and let you do it for me with your insightful replies.
Thanks for the education. Just say no man.
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :sign0098:

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 05:56 PM
I like to help out fellow Canadians

GrbSat....you are a moron.

Love the helping hand :lol: :bananen_smilies046:

tammietailgator
05-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Damon has been a backup for most of his career!!! Well, you can keep wasting your time on something that is not going to happen or join the team and support our Chiefs and the starters that we have. :biggrin:

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Damon has been a backup for most of his career!!! Well, you can keep wasting your time on something that is not going to happen or join the team and support our Chiefs and the starters that we have. :biggrin:

I believe that it is US who are wasting our time by responding. I think we should focus more on beer and planning the home opener :toast2: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I believe that it is US who are wasting our time by responding. I think we should focus more on beer and planning the home opener :toast2: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:
I am Ready for some Chiefs Football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
Exactly. Hell who knows! Huard may end up with the Job. But I doubt it:D
All of this is kind of speculative. It's getting awfully hot in here for May!

tornadospotter
Dang off season!!!

Chief from the North
05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Dang off season!!!

Clearly it's a slow news week when we let this guy's topics dominate the forum. Just for the record, I have nothing against Huard..he's just not the messiah this guy portrays him to be...lol

YZILLA
05-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I believe we should keep Huard around. Everyone loved him two years ago when he saved our season coming in for an injured Greene. Now that being said Yeah he didn't do well last year and neither would TOM BRADY with what we had for an o-line. I hope to God Croyle does well and I actually like any of the three to play for us. Remember this , If Croyle went to any team in this league to play which team would have him a starter? He is not our future in my opinion. ( I hope I am Wrong ) . We should have nabbed Quinn Grey when he was up for hire - He went sooo Cheap . He will be a star someday, just wait and see. He had way more talent than anything we have now and is young to boot. We need a superstar and maybe Thigpen will be a sleeper . Croyle is too frail and Huard is too old. Who knows ? Now I'm just rambling.

Three7s
05-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Come on, his name is Grbac, that should be all the proof you guys need on his intelligence at the QB position. I'll take Croyle or Thigpen over Huard anytime.

tornadospotter
05-15-2008, 08:03 PM
I believe we should keep Huard around. Everyone loved him two years ago when he saved our season coming in for an injured Greene. Now that being said Yeah he didn't do well last year and neither would TOM BRADY with what we had for an o-line. I hope to God Croyle does well and I actually like any of the three to play for us. Remember this , If Croyle went to any team in this league to play which team would have him a starter? He is not our future in my opinion. ( I hope I am Wrong ) . We should have nabbed Quinn Grey when he was up for hire - He went sooo Cheap . He will be a star someday, just wait and see. He had way more talent than anything we have now and is young to boot. We need a superstar and maybe Thigpen will be a sleeper . Croyle is too frail and Huard is too old. Who knows ? Now I'm just rambling.
:bananen_smilies046: I like Huard also! But he can not move! We need a Qb that can escape pressure, then make a play! I do not have a lot of faith in Croyle, yet. I hope Thigpen come in and wins the job hands down at training camp. Just because, we would have a starting QB, that actually wins the job!

Three7s
05-15-2008, 08:07 PM
I'll agree that Croyle is pretty small, I can't remember what he weighs. Like 210lbs?

Canada
05-15-2008, 08:18 PM

I am not down on Huard, I am just saying that we need to find out what we have in our young QBs

Come on, his name is Grbac, that should be all the proof you guys need on his intelligence at the QB position. I'll take Croyle or Thigpen over Huard anytime.

I will give Croyle and Thigpen a chance, but if the SuperBowl were tomorrow and the Chiefs were in it, I would want Huard under center. That being said, he is not our future and we need to see who is!!

Three7s
05-15-2008, 08:22 PM
A lot of what I noticed from Huard last year is that he was fine with protection, like most QBs. He would make nice passes, short, but still, he made them. When things started going bad was when there was pressure.

He would often panic and cause an interception or a fumble. Sacks are a part of the game, though, especially with our O-line. He'll never make it outside of the pocket to throw it away, so really, he needs to just take the sack. That was my only real issue with him. With good protection, he's probably our best guy because of experience. I just think Croyle or Thigpen could do better than Huard because they have a better arm, and have at least SOME mobility.

Canada
05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
A lot of what I noticed from Huard last year is that he was fine with protection, like most QBs. He would make nice passes, short, but still, he made them. When things started going bad was when there was pressure.

He would often panic and cause an interception or a fumble. Sacks are a part of the game, though, especially with our O-line. He'll never make it outside of the pocket to throw it away, so really, he needs to just take the sack. That was my only real issue with him. With good protection, he's probably our best guy because of experience. I just think Croyle or Thigpen could do better than Huard because they have a better arm, and have at least SOME mobility.

I like the potential upside of Croyle and Thigpen much more than Huard!

Dyno-Mite
05-15-2008, 09:03 PM
I am not down on Huard, I am just saying that we need to find out what we have in our young QBs

I will give Croyle and Thigpen a chance, but if the SuperBowl were tomorrow and the Chiefs were in it, I would want Huard under center. That being said, he is not our future and we need to see who is!!

There are many fake Chief fans on that are excited for suck CRoyle and Thigpen.Canada, I'm not calling you a fake but how are you going to mention that Super Bowl comment when it was Croyle that had the rocket arm and the mobility to escape the pocket.Plus he is young but he will also have a fresh L.J. in the backfield with a improved offensive line.Playing the defending AFC Super Bowl contenders Patriots during the first game of the season is like a Super Bowl game.Canada,there has never been a team that missed the playoffs during the previous season and made it to the Super Bowl during the next.I would love to see KC accomplish this never before done record but it won't happen with first year starters in CRoyle or Thigpen.This record is meant for Damon "killer" Huard.Please take notes.I'm a die-hard Chief fan that want the best for our franchise.That's the reason in which I'm so big on Damon concerning this topic.

Three7s
05-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Actually, a team has made it to the Super bowl, that didn't make the playoffs the previous year! The 1998 Falcons went 14-2, and made it to the Super Bowl to get crushed by the Broncos. The previous year, they went 7-9.

chief addict
05-15-2008, 09:24 PM
I would love Croyle to be a great quarterback, but from what I've seen last year he isn't. All I hear is how he didn't have a chance because of a weak o line. Well, Huard played with the same line and had better results. I'm not biased against any of them, but from what I've seen Huard is the better qb.

rbedgood
05-15-2008, 09:40 PM
There are many fake Chief fans on that are excited for suck CRoyle and Thigpen.Canada, I'm not calling you a fake but how are you going to mention that Super Bowl comment when it was Croyle that had the rocket arm and the mobility to escape the pocket.Plus he is young but he will also have a fresh L.J. in the backfield with a improved offensive line.Playing the defending AFC Super Bowl contenders Patriots during the first game of the season is like a Super Bowl game.Canada,there has never been a team that missed the playoffs during the previous season and made it to the Super Bowl during the next.I would love to see KC accomplish this never before done record but it won't happen with first year starters in CRoyle or Thigpen.This record is meant for Damon "killer" Huard.Please take notes.I'm a die-hard Chief fan that want the best for our franchise.That's the reason in which I'm so big on Damon concerning this topic.

I start this by saying I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I think most everyone here knows that. However to suggest that Damon Huard should start is just crazy. The team is clearly making a youth movement. They need to find out if one or more of the young QBs on the roster could develop into starting material. The line play should improve this year, but the defense w/o Jared Allen will have to find itself somewhat. I'd argue that the competition should be between Croyle and Thigpen for the starting spot this year. If both fail completely then look around, but Huard should be the last resort.

tammietailgator
05-15-2008, 11:42 PM
that Super Bowl comment when it was Croyle that had the rocket arm and the mobility to escape the pocket.

I think I said that - but I don't think I promised a super bowl.

Damon "killer" Huard

That is funny!:funnypost:

rbedgood
05-15-2008, 11:55 PM

That is funny!:funnypost:

Grbac,

Dude, stop spouting nonsense. Tammie's usually pretty nice and sweet and all, and she's shredding your dumba$$ to pieces.

I almost fell off the couch laughing, good thing I didn't read this one while driving!!!

chief31
05-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I start this by saying I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I think most everyone here knows that. However to suggest that Damon Huard should start is just crazy. The team is clearly making a youth movement. They need to find out if one or more of the young QBs on the roster could develop into starting material. The line play should improve this year, but the defense w/o Jared Allen will have to find itself somewhat. I'd argue that the competition should be between Croyle and Thigpen for the starting spot this year. If both fail completely then look around, but Huard should be the last resort.

There would be one reason to start Huard at the beginning of the season... Just to get the o-line to gel, before throwing the "kids" to the wolves.

I don't think it will actually happen, but that would be the only thing that could really be used for a "start Huard" push.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 01:43 AM

I would love Croyle to be a great quarterback, but from what I've seen last year he isn't. All I hear is how he didn't have a chance because of a weak o line. Well, Huard played with the same line and had better results. I'm not biased against any of them, but from what I've seen Huard is the better qb.

Grbac,

Dude, stop spouting nonsense. Tammie's usually pretty nice and sweet and all, and she's shredding your dumba$$ to pieces.

I almost fell off the couch laughing, good thing I didn't read this one while driving!!!

oh.....oh my....what has happened to my precious thread? This was supposed to be between Croyle and Thigpen....how the hell did Huard get thrown in the mix? I only put his name in poll cuz he's on the roster...just like Greene and Santos.

Huard is NOT NOT an option.

How is inserting Huard into the starting lineup the "best thing for the franchise?" I'm not even sold that he's the best option in the short term....let alone the long term. That makes absolutely no sense. Is the Chiefs franchise just stuck with old QBs now? If there was EVER a year to develop a QB, it's this year. Huard starting in '07 already set this franchise back one year and now you want him to start in 08 and set us back another year? If we were to going to start an old QB, we should just throw a bunch of money and draft picks at the Packers and try to bring in Favre.

Get ahold of your life, suck it up and realize the best thing for the Chiefs is to develop a young QB. Worst case scenario, we find out that our "QB of the future" isn't in-house and we do whatever we can to draft Stafford or Tebow in next years draft.

rbedgood
05-16-2008, 01:48 AM
oh.....oh my....what has happened to my precious thread? This was supposed to be between Croyle and Thigpen....how the hell did Huard get thrown in the mix? I only put his name in poll cuz he's on the roster...just like Greene and Santos.

Huard is NOT NOT!!!! an option.

How is inserting Huard into the starting lineup the "best thing for the franchise?" I'm not even sold that he's the best option in the short term....let alone the long term. That makes absolutely no sense. Is the Chiefs franchise just stuck with old QBs now? If there was EVER a year to develop a QB, it's this year. Huard starting in '07 already set this franchise back one year and now you want him to start in 08 and set us back another year? If we were to going to start an old QB, we should just throw a bunch of money and draft picks at the Packers and try to bring in Favre.

Get ahold of your life, suck it up and realize the best thing for the Chiefs is to develop a young QB. Worst case scenario, we find out that our "QB of the future" isn't in-house and we do whatever we can to draft Stafford or Tebow in next years draft.

Tex,

Your quoting the wrong 3...Grbac (err....Timsatt1) is the only person I've seen suggest that seeing Huard on the field is a good thing. One or two people have suggested throwing him to the wolves until the O-line gels instead of sacrificing one of the young guys, but only one person has suggested that Huard is the answer.

Canada
05-16-2008, 01:49 AM
And you punctuated it wrong. There should not be three !'s after the giant NOT.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 01:54 AM
Tex,

Your quoting the wrong 3...Grbac (err....Timsatt1) is the only person I've seen suggest that seeing Huard on the field is a good thing. One or two people have suggested throwing him to the wolves until the O-line gels instead of sacrificing one of the young guys, but only one person has suggested that Huard is the answer.

No, i quoted the ppl i wanted to quote. I was just agreeing with you. Grbac and Chiefaddict both suggested Huard would be best for the team.

I know what i'm doing. :lol:

texaschief
05-16-2008, 01:55 AM
And you punctuated it wrong. There should not be three !'s after the giant NOT.

thanks Canada....

chief31
05-16-2008, 01:56 AM
I know what i'm doing. :lol:

There's a first time for everything!

:lol: :yahoo: :lol:

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:00 AM
There's a first time for everything!

:lol: :yahoo: :lol:

I'm sorry, did you say something?

I don't speak bit@#. :lol:

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:01 AM
ahem....you forgot to punctuate after *****.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:08 AM
ahem....you forgot to punctuate after *****.

Thank you... once again. :sign0098:

chief31
05-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm sorry, did you say something?

I don't speak bit@# :lol:

Sorry. I can't find my regular translator so I souldn't get that into B.S. language for ya. :lol:

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Sorry. I can't find my regular translator so I souldn't get that into B.S. language for ya. :lol:

yeah, you should try harder next time. :D

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:09 AM
Sorry. I can't find my regular translator, so I souldn't get that into B.S. language for ya. :lol:

FYP! :D

chief31
05-16-2008, 02:11 AM
yeah, you should try harder next time. :D

Well HH is the only that I know of who speaks, both, B.S and B*(^%.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:11 AM

FYP! :D

WTF!!! He can't even spell and he doesn't get a word from you? I always knew Canada was biased.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:12 AM
I am the grammar police, not the spelling police!!

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:14 AM
I am the grammar police, not the spelling police!!

:mob:

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:18 AM
:brutale_smilies010:

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Don't start.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:19 AM
It has already begun.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:21 AM
It has already begun.

Only you can finish it.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:23 AM
There can be only one!

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Bow down and your life will be spared.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Luke....I am your father.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:28 AM
Dude, if you're my dad, i now understand why i'm so messed up.

.....also, my name isn't Luke.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Your name is what I say it is!!

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Luke

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Easy killer... Mr. Thundermaker here is gonna start barkin fire.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:34 AM
I don't know what that means but i have busted one nose tonite....

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:35 AM
Keep up with this crap and you'll end up with it busted again.

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:36 AM
You guys all fight with the same defense. Blocking all my punches with your face.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:38 AM
you'd do well not to lump me in with the weaklings up there.

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:39 AM
really? two pages of this crap?

It's really not even that funny. :lol:

Canada
05-16-2008, 02:40 AM
lol...you are so adorable... we are all very weak, frail little Canadians. Don't know what I would do if we were ever eyeball to nipple in real life!!

texaschief
05-16-2008, 02:42 AM
lol...you are so adorable... we are all very weak, frail little Canadians. Don't know what I would do if we were ever eyeball to nipple in real life!!

I thought you were 6'6... why would your eyeball be at my nipple? well, besides getting off your knees and wiping your mouth?

luv
05-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Please tell me you're just drunk and not this stupid.

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
05-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Actually, a team has made it to the Super bowl, that didn't make the playoffs the previous year! The 1998 Falcons went 14-2, and made it to the Super Bowl to get crushed by the Broncos. The previous year, they went 7-9.

What about the Rams? 4-12 in 98. Won the superbowl in 99. 4-12....sound familiar? It does happen. Just not very often. What has this thread turned into?

rbedgood
05-16-2008, 10:33 AM

His mom won't let him and his boyfriend drink in the house.

windwalker
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM

Now that was an intelligent comment... try ALL of his career, ONE YEAR!!
He was a rookie last year.

Dyno-Mite
05-16-2008, 01:52 PM

The record stands on the NFC side but it never occured on the AFC side. KC=AFC

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
05-16-2008, 04:31 PM
What the hell does that have to do with anything? Would it be harder for an AFC team to accomplish this?
St. Louis had the same record that we had last year and WON the super bowl. They also did it with a Rookie QB.
I'm certainly not predicting a Chiefs superbowl. Stranger things have happened...Like Chris Crocker.:D

YZILLA
05-16-2008, 11:25 PM

Glad top have ya back LUV, Where ya been ? Telling people they are stupid for their opiion ? Wow nice to have ya back I guess !:sign0098:

Three7s
05-17-2008, 01:39 AM
What about the Rams? 4-12 in 98. Won the superbowl in 99. 4-12....sound familiar? It does happen. Just not very often. What has this thread turned into?
Ah, my bad, just looked up the first team that hit my mind!

Also, agreed, backing out of it by saying it hasn't happened in the AFC is just silly. They are still NFL teams.

Dyno-Mite
05-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Ah, my bad, just looked up the first team that hit my mind!

Also, agreed, backing out of it by saying it hasn't happened in the AFC is just silly. They are still NFL teams.

Knucklehead,can you please inform me of the last time this record was accomplished on the AFC side.Moron,it never occured.

What the hell does that have to do with anything? Would it be harder for an AFC team to accomplish this?
St. Louis had the same record that we had last year and WON the super bowl. They also did it with a Rookie QB.
I'm certainly not predicting a Chiefs superbowl. Stranger things have happened...Like Chris Crocker.:D

As for you,Kurt Warner can be considered as a backup to Trent Green when he took the Rams to the Super Bowl.

luv
05-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Glad top have ya back LUV, Where ya been ? Telling people they are stupid for their opiion ? Wow nice to have ya back I guess !:sign0098:
Three strikes. Looks like I'm out.

Chief from the North
05-17-2008, 08:14 PM
WTF!!! He can't even spell and he doesn't get a word from you? I always knew Canada was biased.

Of COURSE Canada is biased. It's Switzerland that's neutral. :bananen_smilies046:

Chief from the North
05-17-2008, 08:18 PM

We're in the AFC???? Holy CRAP!!! THAT'S why we keep losing. ***** we should go the NFC, THEN have a losing season, THEN we can win it all next year. I see where we went wrong now. Thank you Football Messiah.
Can we all just agree that Elvis here should LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW???

Dyno-Mite
05-17-2008, 08:27 PM
We're in the AFC???? Holy CRAP!!! THAT'S why we keep losing. ***** we should go the NFC, THEN have a losing season, THEN we can win it all next year. I see where we went wrong now. Thank you Football Messiah.
Can we all just agree that Elvis here should LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW???

I'd have to believe that this dumb *** retart named Chief fan from the North needs to leave right now and abondon our luxurious Chief site because he has Viking draft choices as his favorite player.

hermhater
05-17-2008, 09:19 PM
I'd have to believe that this dumb *** retart named Chief fan from the North needs to leave right now and abondon our luxurious Chief site because he has Viking draft choices as his favorite player.

I believe he is talking about Dorsey perhaps???

Canada
05-17-2008, 09:34 PM

Only retards spell it retart

Chief from the North
05-17-2008, 09:35 PM

Hey dumba$$...you can chuck stones when you learn how to spell. Although I'm reasonably impressed that you could pronounce a word like "luxurious" even if it is completely out of context. Is it "luxurious" at the trailer park bud? Make sure to tell you parents that when they get divorced it won't change the fact that they're still siblings. (That means brother and sister).

Vikings Draft Choice...you know...the ones we got in the trade for JA?

Dyno-Mite
05-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Hey dumba$$...you can chuck stones when you learn how to spell. Although I'm reasonably impressed that you could pronounce a word like "luxurious" even if it is completely out of context. Is it "luxurious" at the trailer park bud? Make sure to tell you parents that when they get divorced it won't change the fact that they're still siblings. (That means brother and sister).

Vikings Draft Choice...you know...the ones we got in the trade for JA?

Just right down the damn name instead of putting Vikings draft choices you f****** a-hole.

Three7s
05-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Knucklehead,can you please inform me of the last time this record was accomplished on the AFC side.Moron,it never occured.
Of course it didn't ever occur. I wasn't saying that it did. I'm saying that the NFC is part of the NFL. They're still NFL teams. Also, you CLEARLY stated TEAMS, when you stated that no team has gone to the super bowl that didn't make the playoffs in the previous season. Didn't mention a think about conference!

Canada
05-18-2008, 12:50 AM
Just right down the damn name instead of putting Vikings draft choices you f****** a-hole.

Write.....write down the name....dumbass

royalswin100games
05-18-2008, 12:52 AM

hermhater
05-18-2008, 12:54 AM

Chief from the North
05-18-2008, 01:08 AM

I couldn't read the names, and I damn sure can't speel thm if i tryd. Cn yoo teach me? I'll com two yur trailer laytr k?

ya d1nkus

rbedgood
05-18-2008, 01:36 AM
Guys...it has been done in the AFC...the Cincinnati Bengals went from 6-10 season in 1980, to the Superbowl the following year.

Umm they're in the AFC!!!

Three7s
05-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Oh dang, proven wrong again!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Nice find!

AkChief49
05-18-2008, 05:37 AM
I couldn't read the names, and I damn sure can't speel thm if i tryd. Cn yoo teach me? I'll com two yur trailer laytr k?

ya d1nkus
nyce!:bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
05-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh dang, proven wrong again!http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif

Nice find!

Yeah, there may have been more, I just started at Super Bowl 2, and worked forward. Didn't bother checking the last 27 or so.

texaschief
05-18-2008, 08:14 PM
wow....i love broad assumptions like these....ESPECIALLY when the person making them has absolutely no clue whether or not they were correct. :sign0098: Elvis

How bout we make a new pole?

Dyno-Mite
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Guys...it has been done in the AFC...the Cincinnati Bengals went from 6-10 season in 1980, to the Superbowl the following year.

Umm they're in the AFC!!!

You're mistaken for the wrong type of record.The record that you described is very similiar to my record but it's still sort of different.The Bengals did accomplish a record by missing the playoffs during the previous year and making it to the Super Bowl during the next season while there previous record stood at 6-10.On the other hand,there has never been a AFC team that had a worse record than the 1980 Bengals and made it to the Super Bowl during the next season.The Chiefs accomplished a record of 4-12 last season which is worse than the 6-10 record that the 1980 Bengals had.Seeing a team with as bad of a record like that make it to the Super Bowl the next season is just the type of record that has never been accomplished on the AFC side.4-12..............then.........Super Bowl.Just never accomplished on the AFC side.:footballhelmet:

rbedgood
05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
You're mistaken for the wrong type of record.The record that you described is very similiar to my record but it's still sort of different.The Bengals did accomplish a record by missing the playoffs during the previous year and making it to the Super Bowl during the next season while there previous record stood at 6-10.On the other hand,there has never been a AFC team that had a worse record than the 1980 Bengals and made it to the Super Bowl during the next season.The Chiefs accomplished a record of 4-12 last season which is worse than the 6-10 record that the 1980 Bengals had.Seeing a team with as bad of a record like that make it to the Super Bowl the next season is just the type of record that has never been accomplished on the AFC side.4-12..............then.........Super Bowl.Just never accomplished on the AFC side.:footballhelmet:

The point was that a team with a "losing record" has made the super bowl. I didn't address you directly because I didn't feel like chasing down the quotes to figure out who referred to the situation that way. 6-10 / 4-12, really doesn't matter too much, the fact is the season SUCKED!

Three7s
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Hilarious, first he states that it can be ANY team that made it to the super bowl, that didn't make the playoffs the season before, then he states it has to be an AFC team, now he states that it has to be a team with a record with a 4-12 or worse from the AFC? I honestly don't even know why you're still going on with this.

Chief from the North
05-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Hilarious, first he states that it can be ANY team that made it to the super bowl, that didn't make the playoffs the season before, then he states it has to be an AFC team, now he states that it has to be a team with a record with a 4-12 or worse from the AFC? I honestly don't even know why you're still going on with this.

Same reason as all of us...

Noun1.self-flagellation - self-punishment inflicted by whipping self-punishment (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/self-punishment) - punishment inflicted on yourself

flogging (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flogging), lashing (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lashing), whipping (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/whipping), flagellation (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flagellation), tanning (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tanning) - beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment

wn()Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2008 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

rbedgood
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
Grbac, if I prove you wrong again will you admit your an idiot that speaks without checking the facts.

The same Cincinnati Bengals are once again your folly. They also made the Super Bowl in the 1988-1989 season following a 4-11 season in 1987. You are a true DUMBA$$!!!

And if your going to spout off that 4-11 is better than 4-12 you are mathematically correct, but will look more idiotic than you already do...

EAT CROW, and get it over with...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/05/127.jpg

tammietailgator
05-19-2008, 08:03 PM

chief31
05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Grbac, if I prove you wrong again will you admit your an idiot that speaks without checking the facts.

The same Cincinnati Bengals are once again your folly. They also made the Super Bowl in the 1988-1989 season following a 4-11 season in 1987. You are a true DUMBA$$!!!

And if your going to spout off that 4-11 is better than 4-12 you are mathematically correct, but will look more idiotic than you already do...

Rbedgood, you are the man!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Dyno-Mite
05-21-2008, 04:39 PM

A-hole,recordwise I am still correct being that you think I'm mathematically correct.Anyways,I'm done with this topic.It's Damon "killer" Huard or nothing.:mob:

Chief from the North
05-21-2008, 05:28 PM
A-hole,recordwise I am still correct being that you think I'm mathematically correct.Anyways,I'm done with this topic.It's Damon "killer" Huard or nothing.:mob:

Impossible to argue color with the blind.
See our other thread...much better discussion.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4906

royalswin100games
05-21-2008, 07:19 PM

How embarassing that must be for you that you have to leave. Good luck with the next thread. :toast2:

Rbedgood, I think you hurt his feelings. :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
05-21-2008, 07:24 PM
How embarassing that must be for you that you have to leave. Good luck with the next thread. :toast2:

The scales of stupid

Dim- Not really dumb, but not smart either
Dumb- Self explanatory
Stupid- Worse than dumb
Ignorant- so dumb you don't even know it
TimSatt1 (and aliases)- Off the (bleep)ing scale

royalswin100games
05-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Pink Elephants... Pink Elephants... Pink Elephants

Dyno-Mite
05-22-2008, 05:36 PM

I honestly don't think that Rbedgood will ever hurt Grbac's feelings.The only people that are going to hurt Rbedgood's feelings are 0-9 CRoyle and Thigpen.:(

Three7s
05-22-2008, 06:26 PM
You do realize that he's a 49ers fan, right? He could care less about the Chiefs. He just likes giving his opinions about the team!

royalswin100games
05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
You do realize that he's a 49ers fan, right? He could care less about the Chiefs. He just likes giving his opinions about the team!

Misguided opinions.

rbedgood
05-22-2008, 07:52 PM

Care less is a little strong...I HATE the Raiders, so at least twice a year I want to see the Chiefs dominate. Also I hate the Cowboys, Rams and Packers. So 3 out of 4 years there is a 3rd game I really want the Chiefs to dominate. Frankly as long as the Chiefs aren't playing for the 49ers I want to see them do well for you guys...

Misguided opinions.

I'm gonna make Omar run sprints after practice today, just for that...:yahoo:

Chief from the North
05-22-2008, 08:14 PM
I honestly don't think that Rbedgood will ever hurt Grbac's feelings.The only people that are going to hurt Rbedgood's feelings are 0-9 CRoyle and Thigpen.:(

PLEASE tell me you didn't just refer to yourself in the THIRD PERSON??? Not sure if you know what that means, but it firmly places you as a sitcom. Get a freakin life "Jimmy".
http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheJimmy.htm

royalswin100games
05-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Care less is a little strong...I HATE the Raiders, so at least twice a year I want to see the Chiefs dominate. Also I hate the Cowboys, Rams and Packers. So 3 out of 4 years there is a 3rd game I really want the Chiefs to dominate. Frankly as long as the Chiefs aren't playing for the 49ers I want to see them do well for you guys...

:D :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
05-22-2008, 09:37 PM

Yer a good man rbedgood! Come on over to the Real Sea of Red! :D

AussieChiefsFan
03-02-2009, 03:07 AM
I chose thigy since brody croyle is alwaus injured and 'cassel' isn't on the list.

YZILLA
03-02-2009, 04:13 AM
Dude this is a post from like may of last year?

AussieChiefsFan
03-02-2009, 04:15 AM
Dude this is a post from like may of last year?I know i was just looking thru the old polls and voting in them if they weren't closed.:bananen_smilies046:

Ldub
03-02-2009, 06:11 AM
:funnypost: :iamwithstupid:
I can only laugh at myself...
Can i change my answer to Thigpen now? :D

Canada
03-02-2009, 08:35 AM
I know how you feel as I would have chosen Huard myself but since he is gone it makes no sense to choose the man. I can't believe that Croyle won this vote out right as he hasn't won a single game for us, not even a preseason game, he just sucks horribly.

Remember that this thread is almost a year old now. Hindsight is 20/20

Canada
03-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Plus, you gotta consider the sources. 3 people voted for Ricky Santos!!:lol:

Canada
03-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Oops, nevermind. I was one of them!! :)

Canada
03-02-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm bulletproof son!!

Canada
03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
:H2::auto178:
^^^Me^^^ ^^Canada^^
Ha ha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha ha a aha ha sha ha....

:brutale_smilies010:<you
^

Canada

Canada ---->:character00183:

You -----> :bananen_smilies015:

Canada -----> :fighting0030:

You -----> :character00264:

:pointlaugh:

Canada
03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Me :jay:
You :francis:

KristofLaw
03-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Why not... give Ricky Santos a shot. :bananen_smilies046:

hardcorechiefsfan
03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Who is Ricky Santos?

DT14PRIEST
03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Who is Ricky Santos?

UNdrafted free agent who was released the same month he committed to KC...

SO nobody really

Canada
03-03-2009, 08:57 AM
He was out QBOTF and Herm and CP let him get away!!