PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

texaschief
05-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I get it...it's only May, but WTF....

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

Three7s
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
It's because people think that whatever QB we put out there will be a bust, that usually means a bad season.

texaschief
05-12-2008, 04:38 PM
How far did the Bears get with Rex Grossman?

A healthy Larry Johnson behind this new line should win 3 to 4 more games alone. The defensive upgrades and steady QB behind center will truly put this team in contention.

Gonzo, Bowe, LJ, Charles and Frankiln will be great offensive weapons.

I think Hali could be just as good at the RDE spot as Allen was. Edwards will be better than Harris at the MLB spot. Williams is a better athlete than Edwards was on the outside, so he should provide just as much production as Edwards. I can't wait to see Flowers and Brack/Carr at our CB spots. These guys are going to be SO much better than the old guys out there.

This team is well on its way and this year will prove we're on the right track.

Guru
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Wow, now I am officially the most pessimistic member of the board. heh. I agree with ESPNs take.

royalswin100games
05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
I wouldn't say were playoff bound after gaining unproven draftees and no-name free agents. That being said, I don't know if we're #30 either. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered on Sundays with our squad.

Chiefster
05-12-2008, 08:49 PM

ESPN has us at #30.

Our defense is undoubtedly a top 10 defense and our offense can only get better. That, along with a relatively easy schedule puts us at #30?!! REALLY?!!

After seeing our draft and our schedule, I really think this team is 9-7 or 10-6 and will be a playoff team. They'll at least be closer to a playoff team than the #30 team in the league.

Well one would hope; I've learned not to underestimate Herms ability to ruin an offense.

I don't listen too much to the "Experts".

Chiefster
05-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow, now I am officially the most pessimistic member of the board. heh. I agree with ESPNs take.

Why yes; yes you are. :D

Hayvern
05-12-2008, 08:55 PM

You are not the only one. I too am pessimistic.

We had a couple of good pickups in the draft, but at the moment, those pickups are untried and unproved players. Maybe they will be good, but I am looking at this season and next season still in rebuild mode.

Look at who we are signing right now, other team's rejects for the most part. This team still have swiss cheese for a line and still has a couple of big question marks on special teams and defense. We have some offensive weapons, but that is about all we have at the moment.

Chiefster
05-12-2008, 09:01 PM
You are not the only one. I too am pessimistic.

We had a couple of good pickups in the draft, but at the moment, those pickups are untried and unproved players. Maybe they will be good, but I am looking at this season and next season still in rebuild mode.

Look at who we are signing right now, other team's rejects for the most part. This team still have swiss cheese for a line and still has a couple of big question marks on special teams and defense. We have some offensive weapons, but that is about all we have at the moment.

It comes from nearly twenty years of King Carl disappointment.

TRB05
05-12-2008, 10:21 PM

I generally agree with this, but I definitely think the Chiefs will be improved, jumping them from #30 for sure.

If Albert is average to good, the offense should be drastically better. If he is average to below average, they will be about the same.

I don't see how the defense can be worse, and they were decent last year.

I don't see how they can be any worse than 5-11 (without looking at the schedule), and could see an 7-9 to 9-7 type year.

chief31
05-12-2008, 11:37 PM

I accept that challenge. :lol:

I generally agree with this, but I definitely think the Chiefs will be improved, jumping them from #30 for sure.

If Albert is average to good, the offense should be drastically better. If he is average to below average, they will be about the same.

I don't see how the defense can be worse, and they were decent last year.

I don't see how they can be any worse than 5-11 (without looking at the schedule), and could see an 7-9 to 9-7 type year.

I have very little faith in either side of the ball improving. The offensive line gained a rookie OG that is going to be expected to play OT, and nothing else has been done to show that this team is serious about improving the o-line.

And defensively, without a pass-rush, it is rather easy to see how our defense could decline. Jared Allen carried our defense alot last season, and now he is gone.

Although, it is far from inconcievable that both side could improve.

The offense has almost nowhere else to go, but up. And the rest of the NFL might actually not notice that we are suddenly weaker in pass defense, and continually try to shove it where it doesn't fit. Or, maybe Herm can get pressure from a bunch of DTs, the same way Lovie Smith did with the Bears a couple of years ago.

I understand where one could see an improved team, but I, along with most non-Chiefs-fans, can see how things could get worse.

Hayvern
05-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I have very little faith in either side of the ball improving. The offensive line gained a rookie OG that is going to be expected to play OT, and nothing else has been done to show that this team is serious about improving the o-line.

And defensively, without a pass-rush, it is rather easy to see how our defense could decline. Jared Allen carried our defense alot last season, and now he is gone.

The offense has almost nowhere else to go, but up. And the rest of the NFL might actually not notice that we are suddenly weaker in pass defense, and continually try to shove it where it doesn't fit. Or, maybe Herm can get pressure from a bunch of DTs, the same way Lovie Smith did with the Bears a couple of years ago.

I understand where one could see an improved team, but I, along with most non-Chiefs-fans, can see how things could get worse.

You also forgot to mention special teams. We currently have no kicker and anyone we are likely to get is not going to be of the calibre that we can call on to get us out of a jam. What does that mean? More missed scoring opportunities and games lost be less then two points.

We also have no one tried and tested as a return guy, even if one of these rookies steps up, or perhaps Webb can do it, we are still going to be questionable in the blocking arena. What does that mean? It means poor fied position on kickoffs regular, poor decisions on returns and likely some turnovers to boot.

Gretz had an article about this very thing last week. I am sure you all have seen it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05/09/the_special_teams_questions/

texaschief
05-13-2008, 02:38 AM

You also forgot to mention special teams. We currently have no kicker and anyone we are likely to get is not going to be of the calibre that we can call on to get us out of a jam. What does that mean? More missed scoring opportunities and games lost be less then two points.

We also have no one tried and tested as a return guy, even if one of these rookies steps up, or perhaps Webb can do it, we are still going to be questionable in the blocking arena. What does that mean? It means poor fied position on kickoffs regular, poor decisions on returns and likely some turnovers to boot.

Gretz had an article about this very thing last week. I am sure you all have seen it.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/05/09/the_special_teams_questions/

OH MY GOD!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Y'all are right....the Chiefs will probably be the worst team in the league. Thank God too.... at least we'll be able to draft Tebow or Stafford.

DrunkHillbilly
05-13-2008, 11:24 AM

ESPN has us at #30.

HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!!!! You think they will improve 6 games from last season huh??? 30 is about right but the bad thing is I think the Dolphins who are rated below us will be better than us!!!

chief31
05-13-2008, 09:11 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

Y'all are right....the Chiefs will probably be the worst team in the league. Thank God too.... at least we'll be able to draft Tebow or Stafford.

Yeah!!! Especially since we will likely be starting Testevere by seasons end.

Thankfully, Herm Edwards will be gone by then, and maybe we can get a head coach who know a little something about the offensive line. But we will need a QB anyway, as all of the ones that we have now may be retired.

royalswin100games
05-13-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah!!! Especially since we will likely be starting Testaverde by seasons end.

Thankfully, Herm Edwards will be gone by then, and maybe we can get a head coach who know a little something about the offensive line. But we will need a QB anyway, as all of the ones that we have now may be retired.

FYP and :lol:.

nigeriannightmare
05-13-2008, 10:04 PM

ESPN has us at #30.

The Broncos, Charges, Raiders have easier schedules than we do as they are ranked in the bottom four with the patriots having the easiest. So lets not put the cart before the horse so to speak. Let us, also, not forget that Herm Edwards is the coach, say what you want he plays .500 ball, and until he proves otherwise there's not much you can convince me of.

jakesmith
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Sounds good, keeps us under the radar and we can go all the way... (I'm more of a glass half-full kind of guy.)

rbedgood
05-14-2008, 09:49 PM
The Broncos, Charges, Raiders have easier schedules than we do as they are ranked in the bottom four with the patriots having the easiest. So lets not put the cart before the horse so to speak. Let us, also, not forget that Herm Edwards is the coach, say what you want he plays .500 ball, and until he proves otherwise there's not much you can convince me of.

Well if he plays .500 ball he owes y'all about a 13-3 season at this point.

m0ef0e
05-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Well if he plays .500 ball he owes y'all about a 13-3 season at this point.

I fully endorse this idea. We should implement it immediately. :sign0098:

rbedgood
05-16-2008, 05:33 PM
I fully endorse this idea. We should implement it immediately. :sign0098:

Realize I never stated that Herm Edwards was capable of coaching .500 ball. He's significantly below .500 for his career. I just did the math...first 2 seasons add up well below .500 require one great season to overcome the average.

OTR Chiefs fan
05-18-2008, 12:29 AM

ESPN has us at #30.

With the chiefs trading Allen, don't be surprised if the defense takes a step back next season. I think we picked up some good players in the draft, but it's going to take time for them to get up to speed. Before the trade I was thinking that with Allen in the defense they will at least keep us in the game. But I'm not so sure now, unless Hali, Tank, Turk and Dorsey can put pressure on the QB our secondary will be exposed, especially at the CB spots. I was counting on the defense to keep us close and give the offense a chance to get up to speed, but it might be 2009 before we see results of our defensive draft picks and if that's the case then the offense is going to be playing catch up a lot and passing a lot as well. It would of been nice to have Allen alongside of Dorsey for a nice one, two punch. I just think we're going to miss Allen a lot more than what the Chiefs are letting on. :D

hermhater
05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
We are definitely going to be missing Allen, but I think the Chiefs can rebound under the leadership of the new coordinators.

sbstrohbehn
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
My response to some of these thoughts:

Looking at the Chief's schedule, I think fans should expect a 6 win season. If the team finishes above that record, Herm Edwards should get real credit for getting a bunch of young players to play up to or above their potential very quickly. In order for that to happen, Croyle will have to step up and work out, Johnson will have to remain healthy, at least one member of the offensive line brigade (besides Waters, Albert & McIntosh) will have to step up beyond their potential and the chiefs will have to find a reliable number 2 receiver on the other side of Bowe (not to mention Bowe being able to shoulder the load of primary receiver). That's a lot of if's just on offense.

On the defensive side, Dorsey will need to play at a level so that he can replace Allen's pass pressure, or he needs to play at such a level that he allows Hali to fill that role (by giving Hali pure one on one matchups against team's LTs). Either Carr or Flowers will need to step up into a starting position at CB and the Linebacking core will need to continue to be able to carry a big load and a lot of different roles (look for Johnson to have a lot more sacks as the Chiefs will likely need to bring him on the pass rush off the left side to acceptable QB pressure).

Overall, there are less holes on Defense, but there are nevertheless question marks that could either workout or not.

If Herm has another 4-12 season, I think his future is doubtful. But if he has a 6-10 and there is significant improvement by the younger players, he's earned the right to take them into 2010.

As a last note: I'd say that while Herm may not be the best coach to have in the 4th quarter for the playoffs, his coaching style is exactly what the doctor ordered for a Chiefs roster with 31 fresh-out-of-college players on it. His work ethic, attitude, and love for the game will hopefully rub off in a big way on these young guys.

hermhater
05-20-2008, 01:43 PM

Looking at the Chief's schedule, I think fans should expect a 6 win season. If the team finishes above that record, Herm Edwards should get real credit for getting a bunch of young players to play up to or above their potential very quickly. In order for that to happen, Croyle will have to step up and work out, Johnson will have to remain healthy, at least one member of the offensive line brigade (besides Waters, Albert & McIntosh) will have to step up beyond their potential and the chiefs will have to find a reliable number 2 receiver on the other side of Bowe (not to mention Bowe being able to shoulder the load of primary receiver). That's a lot of if's just on offense.

On the defensive side, Dorsey will need to play at a level so that he can replace Allen's pass pressure, or he needs to play at such a level that he allows Hali to fill that role (by giving Hali pure one on one matchups against team's LTs). Either Carr or Flowers will need to step up into a starting position at CB and the Linebacking core will need to continue to be able to carry a big load and a lot of different roles (look for Johnson to have a lot more sacks as the Chiefs will likely need to bring him on the pass rush off the left side to acceptable QB pressure).

Overall, there are less holes on Defense, but there are nevertheless question marks that could either workout or not.

If Herm has another 4-12 season, I think his future is doubtful. But if he has a 6-10 and there is significant improvement by the younger players, he's earned the right to take them into 2010.

As a last note: I'd say that while Herm may not be the best coach to have in the 4th quarter for the playoffs, his coaching style is exactly what the doctor ordered for a Chiefs roster with 31 fresh-out-of-college players on it. His work ethic, attitude, and love for the game will hopefully rub off in a big way on these young guys.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/barb55/Smileys/Smileyblinking.gif

texaschief
05-20-2008, 02:12 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

you're such an *** ::lol:

Coach
05-20-2008, 11:04 PM
30th? No way. But a lot will depend on how the rookies pan out.

AkChief49
05-20-2008, 11:18 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/is this the yen to your yang?:D:bananen_smilies046::lol:

chief31
05-21-2008, 12:19 AM

Very reasonable assessment.:sign0098: I still see us in better draft position next year, than we were in this year.

Coach
05-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Very reasonable assessment.:sign0098: I still see us in better draft position next year, than we were in this year.

I'll take that bet. Chiefs will pick 5th or worse in 09' draft. Not withstanding any trade up/down scenarios. $20. You game?

Canada
05-21-2008, 09:20 AM
I want in too!!

chief31
05-21-2008, 11:27 PM
I'll take that bet. Chiefs will pick 5th or worse in 09' draft. Not withstanding any trade up/down scenarios. $20. You game?

8th or sooner...

Coach
05-22-2008, 12:10 AM
8th or sooner...

Oh....I thought your earlier post said that the Chiefs would have a better pick next year.

Chiefster
05-22-2008, 12:27 AM
Oh....I thought your earlier post said that the Chiefs would have a better pick next year.

Too late the bet's still on. :D

texaschief
05-22-2008, 01:38 AM
There's no effing way the Chiefs are in the top ten in next year's draft. Keep dreaming.

royalswin100games
05-22-2008, 01:51 AM
There's no effing way the Chiefs are in the top ten in next year's draft. Keep dreaming.

I'll disagree and put a $20 on that.

chief31
05-22-2008, 02:16 AM

I could say that I think the Royals are going to lose a game by six runs too, but when it comes to a bet, you have to be more prudent about it.

chief31
05-22-2008, 02:18 AM

Same team without a pass-rush. What makes them better?

Getting a rookie OG and forcing him to play OT doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to the worst offensive line in football to me.

rbedgood
05-22-2008, 02:28 AM

Getting a rookie OG and forcing him to play OT doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to the worst offensive line in football to me.

Just ask Grbac...they're going to put Damon "Killer" Huard in to fix all the problems...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guru
05-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Just ask Grbac...they're going to put Damon "Killer" Huard in to fix all the problems...:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thats NOT EVEN funny!!!!:mob::11::D

texaschief
05-22-2008, 03:14 AM
I'll disagree and put a $20 on that.

Only $20? That's not a confident bet. How bout $200 at least?

I'm sure having LJ out had nothing to do with any of those losses either, right? How bout a steady QB? A consistent, healthy Oline? Old CBs?

As great as our pass rush was last year with Allen, we still only won 4 games. I also think you're not giving Hali enough credit. I think he'll get to the QB enough to make our pass rush still formidable along with Tank and Dorsey up the middle. To say that we're going to be "without a pass rush" is a little excessive. Allen wasn't the only person causing Pressure. Allen benefitted from Hali's flushing of the QB to him quite often.

The O-line should be ok as long as we don't start Turley. lol

If these guys can play together, they should gel just fine and provide a MUCH better line than last years. It's always doom and gloom on this board.

Bottom line, i don't care how bad the offense is, it's very rare that a top 10 defense misses the playoffs. And right now, the Chiefs are on the verge of having a top ten defense. The drop off from Allen to Hali isn't so big that it would make this defense plummet from 13 to any worse. Then, factor in that we will have Dorsey, a more athletic OLB and a new CB or maybe even two and this defense definitely isn't going to be any worse than they were last year.

rbedgood
05-22-2008, 04:22 AM
Thats NOT EVEN funny!!!!:mob::11::D

Actually it is funny...but if there was any truth to it, then the humor would disappear.

Guru
05-22-2008, 04:55 AM
Actually it is funny...but if there was any truth to it, then the humor would disappear.

It's the chiefs. Anythings possible when it comes to personnel decisions.:lol:

chief31
05-22-2008, 07:37 AM

I'm sure having LJ out had nothing to do with any of those losses either, right? How bout a steady QB? A consistent, healthy Oline? Old CBs?

The running game was better without L.J. We have some steady QB this season, do we? And old CBs that did a very good job, overall.

As great as our pass rush was last year with Allen, we still only won 4 games. I also think you're not giving Hali enough credit.

Hali doesn't get to the QB. Jared Allen chases the QB to Hali.

I think he'll get to the QB enough to make our pass rush still formidable along with Tank and Dorsey up the middle.

Anything can happen.

To say that we're going to be "without a pass rush" is a little excessive.

Far from as excessive as thinking that Hali is going to get to the QB against LTs when he couldn't do it against RTs.

Allen wasn't the only person causing Pressure. Allen benefitted from Hali's flushing of the QB to him quite often.

Don't just read what Gunther tells the press. Watch the games. That is a backward statement.

The O-line should be ok as long as we don't start Turley. lol

Amazingly, Turley was actually one of the better o-linemen that we had last season, behind Waters and Tosh. (Wiegmann doesn't fit the system.) His innability to play was his biggest problem. That led to Terry and Svitek getting P.T.

If these guys can play together, they should gel just fine and provide a MUCH better line than last years. It's always doom and gloom on this board.

Just like last year... If this band of whatever we can scrape-up can gel, then we will have a decent o-line. That didn't sound very convincing last year, and it doesn't sound much better this year.

Bottom line, i don't care how bad the offense is, it's very rare that a top 10 defense misses the playoffs. And right now, the Chiefs are on the verge of having a top ten defense. The drop off from Allen to Hali isn't so big that it would make this defense plummet from 13 to any worse. Then, factor in that we will have Dorsey, a more athletic OLB and a new CB or maybe even two and this defense definitely isn't going to be any worse than they were last year.

Not that I am saying it is impossible. Anything is possible. But the drop-off from Allen to Hali looks a whole lot bigger than what you want it to be. Allen was a league-leader in FFs, he was a freak for batting-down passes too.

I like Hali. He is a decent football player, and yes... Maybe he can surprise me. But from the information available, he has no business being asked to create pressure on opposing QBs. That just isn't what he does.

And I find it hard to believe that you are so thrilled to be playing a rookie and Surtain over Law and Surtain. I certainly don't see how that is supposed to be an improvement for this season.

royalswin100games
05-22-2008, 09:12 AM

I have three kids and a military paycheck. :D

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic. I hope we do make the playoffs but there are a lot of questions that need to be answered this season. We haven't seen a lot of the players on our team play on a consistent basis.

m0ef0e
05-22-2008, 11:45 AM
I gotta agree with texas about our defense here. I think Chief31 is underestimating Hali.

I do remember Hali flushing the QB back fairly consistently. Which bought an extra moment for Jared to get off a double-team and make a play.

He's not as good at getting his hands on the QB or FF's as Jared but he still creates havoc in the backfield.

rbedgood
05-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I gotta agree with texas about our defense here. I think Chief31 is underestimating Hali.

I do remember Hali flushing the QB back fairly consistently. Which bought an extra moment for Jared to get off a double-team and make a play.

He's not as good at getting his hands on the QB or FF's as Jared but he still creates havoc in the backfield.

The problem is now Jared isn't drawing that double team, and if Dorsey doesn't demand the double team with his play, Hali will get it.

m0ef0e
05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
The problem is now Jared isn't drawing that double team, and if Dorsey doesn't demand the double team with his play, Hali will get it.

This is true. However, I think our run defense will be good enough with Dorsey to force teams into obvious passing situations, creating opportunities for not only Tamba, but our corners as well.

greg3564
05-22-2008, 06:36 PM

You're probably right. The Chiefs will pick 11th next year.

No proven impact players have been brought in yet. We just got rid of the only real consistent impact player on defense and replaced him with an unproven rookie.

The team is still in control of a .464 career head coach.

The team is still in the hands of Peterson.

I see this team going 7-9 this year. But playoffs? Let's all be real here.

Three7s
05-22-2008, 06:42 PM
I'll take 7-9, to be honest. The biggest problem the defense had last year is run defense, that should be almost completely taken care of with Dorsey.

Our secondary is a question mark, but hopefully Hali and one or both of our new corners can come through for us!
Our offense will be improved next year, but not very significant. We were like 31st overall offense last year? I can see us jumping to around 25th.

Chiefster
05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I'll take 7-9, to be honest. The biggest problem the defense had last year is run defense, that should be almost completely taken care of with Dorsey.

Our secondary is a question mark, but hopefully Hali and one or both of our new corners can come through for us!
Our offense will be improved next year, but not very significant. We were like 31st overall offense last year? I can see us jumping to around 25th.

...Seems to be Carls MO; can't fill one hole without creating another.

texaschief
05-22-2008, 11:30 PM
Not that I am saying it is impossible. Anything is possible. But the drop-off from Allen to Hali looks a whole lot bigger than what you want it to be. Allen was a league-leader in FFs, he was a freak for batting-down passes too.

I like Hali. He is a decent football player, and yes... Maybe he can surprise me. But from the information available, he has no business being asked to create pressure on opposing QBs. That just isn't what he does.

And I find it hard to believe that you are so thrilled to be playing a rookie and Surtain over Law and Surtain. I certainly don't see how that is supposed to be an improvement for this season.

Believe it or not, Law and Surtain were once rookies too. How could you possibly know whether or not Flowers or Carr could play as well or better than the old guys? Surtain was a 2nd round pick just like Flowers. I would be freakin ECSTATIC if we started at least one rookie this season.

In what fantasy world did Surtain and Law play well? Just because we had the #5 pass defense doesn't mean our corners were studs. There's a reason Law isn't signed yet. Surtain wouldn't be either if he didn't have the contract he does.

I think you were watching a completely different team than everyone else. You say our corners were good and Hali basically is a bust. As a Left DE, your job is containment. You can't have two speed rushers on the edges because it opens yourself up to draws and screens. Hali's job wasn't always to get to the QB like Allen.

You're also not giving enough credit to Dorsey. If you wanna talk about freaks, this guy is cut in the mold of a Warren Sapp and could possibly be the best defensive player to come out of college in the last 5 years. If anyone on that D-Line is going to get a double team, it's going to be Dorsey.

This defense is going to be really good.

chief31
05-23-2008, 02:19 AM
Believe it or not, Law and Surtain were once rookies too.

And, believe it or not, neither of them had their best season as rookies.

How could you possibly know whether or not Flowers or Carr could play as well or better than the old guys?

The same way that you "Know" that they will be so much better as rookies than Law and Surtain. I don't.

Surtain was a 2nd round pick just like Flowers. I would be freakin ECSTATIC if we started at least one rookie this season.

So would I! But I don't put huge expectations on someone who will be learning on the fly.

In what fantasy world did Surtain and Law play well? Just because we had the #5 pass defense doesn't mean our corners were studs. There's a reason Law isn't signed yet.

Age, maybe? He got alot of undeserved flack lst season, as did Surtain.

Surtain wouldn't be either if he didn't have the contract he does.

I think you were watching a completely different team than everyone else. You say our corners were good and Hali basically is a bust.

Is it easier to win an argument when you can invent what the oppositions opinion is? I have said repeatedly that I like Hali, but that he is not a speed-rusher. If that makes him a bust, then sure... run with it.

As a Left DE, your job is containment. You can't have two speed rushers on the edges because it opens yourself up to draws and screens.

Are you going to be the one to go tell the world champs about that piece of information?

Hali's job wasn't always to get to the QB like Allen.

You're also not giving enough credit to Dorsey. If you wanna talk about freaks, this guy is cut in the mold of a Warren Sapp and could possibly be the best defensive player to come out of college in the last 5 years.

I like Dorsey alot. But you have got to stop projecting on the guy. Warren Sapp was a freak of a prospect at a level that hasn't been approached since. At least not at DT.

If anyone on that D-Line is going to get a double team, it's going to be Dorsey.

At least we hope.

This defense is going to be really good.

Mario Williams was a freakish prospect at DE and the fact is that, more often than not, the adjustment to the pro level takes a little while. I expect big things from Dorsey, but not immediately. But again, it is possible that he will be able to pick it up immediately. Just not something that I count on.

AkChief49
05-23-2008, 02:57 AM

It's going to be whether or not our O-line can gel. The defense is going to be better. I know Dorsey is a rookie but you have to like the rotation we'll have a lot better than last year. Actually it's going to be whether or not this team can gel. Good " D" bolsters good "O" and vice versa. If Bowe, Brodie and Gonzales start reading the same page...7-9 is not unrealistic:bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
It's going to be whether or not our O-line can gel. The defense is going to be better. I know Dorsey is a rookie but you have to like the rotation we'll have a lot better than last year. Actually it's going to be whether or not this team can gel. Good " D" bolsters good "O" and vice versa. If Bowe, Brodie and Gonzales start reading the same page...7-9 is not unrealistic:bananen_smilies046:
7-9 IS unrealistic!

m0ef0e
05-23-2008, 12:13 PM
7-9 IS unrealistic!

Yeah, you're right. We will be 4-12 again. The Giants will win the superbowl and the pats will have another perfect regular season. Come on, man. This is the NFL where good teams fall flat and crappy teams improve year to year. Nothing is set in stone and I think we have a good chance of getting close to .500 ball. 7-9 actually sounds fairly realistic to me, concerning Herm's coaching record.

Canada
05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
We have like 8 or 9 games against teams that were below .500 last year. And you don't think we can win 7 games this year? Come on.

DrunkHillbilly
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah, you're right. We will be 4-12 again. The Giants will win the superbowl and the pats will have another perfect regular season. Come on, man. This is the NFL where good teams fall flat and crappy teams improve year to year. Nothing is set in stone and I think we have a good chance of getting close to .500 ball. 7-9 actually sounds fairly realistic to me, concerning Herm's coaching record.
And some how your still excited about the possibility of another losing season!!!!! Amazing! 4-12 or 7-9, it's all the same! No playoffs and we have to wait ANOTHER year, as if the last 5,6,7 years haven't been long enough, to possibly be done rebuilding and have a chance at progressing deep into the playoffs giving the team a chance to get to the Superbowl! No playoffs and 1 and done's have worn me out!!!! Ownership, GM, coaches or the players, whoever is to blame, I'm so very tired of my favorite team in all of sports getting their asses handed to them year in and year out! Tired of my team being one of the laughing stocks in the league in other teams, other fans and commentators eyes! Hell in my eyes!!!!!! It's pathetic! The fact that we had a good draft does nothing for my expectations as we have had good drafts in the past and I am STILL writing this post! I also tired of watching other teams , not all, but several teams that have been prolificly bad in the past decade, do the RIGHT things to improve their teams yet we continue to struggle!

WE ARE THE KANSAS CITY FRICKEN CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a franchise that throughout the history of the game of football has been synonymis with fielding a good team! Only 1 Superbowl 8000 years ago but 1 none the less! Owners, players and fans alike know that we are suppose to be one of the elite organizations yet for the last several years, we seem to struggle to live up to the expectations that we once demanded and deserved and seem to be satisfied with whatever happens win OR LOSE!!!!!!

So you keep being satisfied with the remote possibility that we will end up a .500 team and I will keep my expectations high as I always have and will not lower them to accept anything less than a trip deep into the playoffs! Everyone is allowed to have their opinion of a true fan and everyone can have their own standards and expectations for our team. This is MY definition of a fan: Someone who cheers for their team no matter the circumstances or outcome of a game or season but someone who holds their team in the highest reguard and will settle for nothing less than the best. While realizing that every game or season can not be succesful but at the same time wanting more. Expecting their team AND organization to do everything they can to put a productive and succesful team on the field each and every game.

In my opinion, we have failed to live up to this definition. I will not faulter as a fan and will continue to cheer each and every game but as I said before, will always expect more until we reach our goal of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
We have like 8 or 9 games against teams that were below .500 last year. And you don't think we can win 7 games this year? Come on.
Refresh my memory on your expected record for last season.:11: :D

legacysports
05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
definitely not a number 30 team!

greg3564
05-23-2008, 03:33 PM
definitely not a number 30 team!
But certainly not a playoff team either.

tornadospotter
05-23-2008, 05:28 PM
And some how your still excited about the possibility of another losing season!!!!! Amazing! 4-12 or 7-9, it's all the same! No playoffs and we have to wait ANOTHER year, as if the last 5,6,7 years haven't been long enough, to possibly be done rebuilding and have a chance at progressing deep into the playoffs giving the team a chance to get to the Superbowl! No playoffs and 1 and done's have worn me out!!!! Ownership, GM, coaches or the players, whoever is to blame, I'm so very tired of my favorite team in all of sports getting their asses handed to them year in and year out! Tired of my team being one of the laughing stocks in the league in other teams, other fans and commentators eyes! Hell in my eyes!!!!!! It's pathetic! The fact that we had a good draft does nothing for my expectations as we have had good drafts in the past and I am STILL writing this post! I also tired of watching other teams , not all, but several teams that have been prolificly bad in the past decade, do the RIGHT things to improve their teams yet we continue to struggle!

WE ARE THE KANSAS CITY FRICKEN CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a franchise that throughout the history of the game of football has been synonymis with fielding a good team! Only 1 Superbowl 8000 years ago but 1 none the less! Owners, players and fans alike know that we are suppose to be one of the elite organizations yet for the last several years, we seem to struggle to live up to the expectations that we once demanded and deserved and seem to be satisfied with whatever happens win OR LOSE!!!!!!

So you keep being satisfied with the remote possibility that we will end up a .500 team and I will keep my expectations high as I always have and will not lower them to accept anything less than a trip deep into the playoffs! Everyone is allowed to have their opinion of a true fan and everyone can have their own standards and expectations for our team. This is MY definition of a fan: Someone who cheers for their team no matter the circumstances or outcome of a game or season but someone who holds their team in the highest reguard and will settle for nothing less than the best. While realizing that every game or season can not be succesful but at the same time wanting more. Expecting their team AND organization to do everything they can to put a productive and succesful team on the field each and every game.

In my opinion, we have failed to live up to this definition. I will not faulter as a fan and will continue to cheer each and every game but as I said before, will always expect more until we reach our goal of SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!
:bananen_smilies046: ME TO!!!

m0ef0e
05-23-2008, 08:42 PM

I'm not excited about a 7-9 season. I'm just saying it seems realistic, IMO. Good post, BTW. :sign0098:

I'll be cheering with ya bro. No matter what happens.

Canada
05-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Refresh my memory on your expected record for last season.:11: :D

Oh well, if I was wrong last year then you are most definitely right by default. I assume you did predict playoffs in Herms first year too right?

Chiefster
05-23-2008, 10:06 PM

Don't hold back DH, tell us how you really feel. :D

Agreed, BTW. :D

texaschief
05-23-2008, 10:36 PM
If we're going on our predictions from last season, here's mine:

Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the tenth week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

We got the high draft pick, just not the QB yet. Maybe next year. lol

Canada
05-23-2008, 10:39 PM
and for the record...i won't come back on this board in the middle of the season when we're one of the worst teams in the AFC and say, "i told you so". i hope someone saves this post and re-posts it sometime around week 8 so we can re-read how awful i knew we were gonna be.

Cause in the middle of the season we were first in the AFC West. At least you waited until the end of the season to say it. :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
05-23-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh well, if I was wrong last year then you are most definitely right by default. I assume you did predict playoffs in Herms first year too right?
On the contrary! My predictions were far lower than yours as they have been before and are this season I'm assuming.

Canada
05-23-2008, 10:44 PM
On the contrary! My predictions were far lower than yours as they have been before and are this season I'm assuming.

So you are only guessing too then. Or do you only say I told Ya so when you are right?

texaschief
05-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Cause in the middle of the season we were first in the AFC West. At least you waited until the end of the season to say it. :bananen_smilies046:

notice that was right about the time we lost LJ.

Canada
05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
notice that was right about the time we lost LJ.

Yeah...point being?

DrunkHillbilly
05-23-2008, 10:49 PM
So you are only guessing too then. Or do you only say I told Ya so when you are right?
First off I never said I told ya so and second, I like all of us are guessing. I don't let my love for the team cloud the realization of how good or bad the team will be. I base my expectations on offseason moves and current player evaluation. It's just my opinion thats all.:bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
05-23-2008, 10:56 PM
If we're going on our predictions from last season, here's mine:

Before this season even starts, i want to let be known that i don't like the decisions of the Kansas City Chiefs as it heads into the 2007 season. Our schedule is awful and nobody expects us to win enough games to get into the playoffs. i agree.

They should go with Croyle if he is infact "the future of the Chiefs". 2008 is a season we can hope for good things. If Croyle can get a season under his belt, it gives us that much better of a chance to win in '08.

Our line isn't good enough to think we can get to the playoffs. Our CBs are way too old to play with most of the WRs in this league... believe me, you'll see when we play Cinci, Indy, Den, and SD.

Let's get real here, there's a good chance we could be 3-7 or worse going into the tenth week. Damon Huard isn't going to help THAT much.

Not to mention they sent the only reciever who can catch a ball to the practice squad....nice.

FIRE CARL PETERSON!!!!
THESE ARE SOME OF THE DUMBEST DECISIONS EVER!!! THIS G.M. HASN'T GIVEN THE CHIEF FANS A SUPER BOWL CONTENDER IN 20 YEARS!!! MEANWHILE, IN THAT SAME TIME PERIOD, DENVER HAS 2 RINGS, OAKLAND SB 1 APPEARANCE AND THE CHARGERS COULD MAKE THIER 2ND SB APPEARANCE THIS YEAR.

this guy has no foresight. period. i wasn't impressed with Croyle... i hope to GOD we are awful this year and we could get a REAL QB in the draft.

I'm sorry guys, but the best thing we can do as Chiefs fans is to root for our opponent so we can get a high draft pick.

We got the high draft pick, just not the QB yet. Maybe next year. lol

:sign0153: ok, nostradomus....

I agree that we need to get rid of CP, but when u start this "playing for picks" crap, it all becomes greek to me... :fatlock:

texaschief
05-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah...point being?

If he can stay healthy for a full season, we should be right back in the middle of things...especially with a better Oline and a couple defense upgrades.

As i said when i started this thread, there's no way in hell we're a #30 team. There's also no way in hell we're picking in the top 5 or 10 in next year's draft.

Canada
05-23-2008, 10:59 PM
If he can stay healthy for a full season, we should be right back in the middle of things...especially with a better Oline and a couple defense upgrades.

As i said when i started this thread, there's no way in hell we're a #30 team. There's also no way in hell we're picking in the top 5 or 10 in next year's draft.

Gotcha :bananen_smilies046:

AkChief49
05-23-2008, 11:19 PM

As i said when i started this thread, there's no way in hell we're a #30 team. There's also no way in hell we're picking in the top 5 or 10 in next year's draft.I can agree with that:bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
05-23-2008, 11:33 PM

You don't think the Chiefs will have a top 10 pick next season?

Three7s
05-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't think we'll be top 10, but definitely top 15.

greg3564
05-23-2008, 11:47 PM

Probably weren't too many people saying we'd only win 4 games last year.

I love this team but I've lost all confidence in Herm Edwards and big dummy Carl.

If all the parts come together that they put in motion so far, we'll probably still only muster up a 9-7 season at best. But there has been a lot of player movement this off season and Herm and Carl's mentality is we're "rebuilding" this season. If they were in it to win this year or even next, Jared Allen would have been signed.
They shed him on the notion of planning for the future.

My hope is always that we kick butt. But you can't go from a 4-12 team last year to playoffs the next. Just doesn't happen without signing a bunch of seasoned impact players.

LJ's season to re-prove himself is coming. With Kolby Smith and now Jamal Charles sitting in the wings, he's got, at best, the first six or seven games to pull his head out of his @ss before he's benched. Smith proved he could get the job done and Charles is a stud RB who can't be caught once he breaks the line.

Hell, I'd like to break at least .500, but I think we'll go 7-9 or 6-10.

Chiefster
05-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Probably weren't too many people saying we'd only win 4 games last year.

I love this team but I've lost all confidence in Herm Edwards and big dummy Carl.

If all the parts come together that they put in motion so far, we'll probably still only muster up a 9-7 season at best. But there has been a lot of player movement this off season and Herm and Carl's mentality is we're "rebuilding" this season. If they were in it to win this year or even next, Jared Allen would have been signed.
They shed him on the notion of planning for the future.

My hope is always that we kick butt. But you can't go from a 4-12 team last year to playoffs the next. Just doesn't happen without signing a bunch of seasoned impact players.

LJ's season to re-prove himself is coming. With Kolby Smith and now Jamal Charles sitting in the wings, he's got, at best, the first six or seven games to pull his head out of his @ss before he's benched. Smith proved he could get the job done and Charles is a stud RB who can't be caught once he breaks the line.

Hell, I'd like to break at least .500, but I think we'll go 7-9 or 6-10.

CYA on their part, and if we do happen to have a successful season then they can attribute it all to their "rebuilding" mentality while in the mean time downplaying highier expectations because it's a "rebuilding year".

rbedgood
05-24-2008, 01:20 AM
Looking at your guys' draft, and schedule I'd say anywhere from 6 to 9 wins is the likely range, and I'd guess a straight 8-8 season.

Three7s
05-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Looking at your guys' draft, and schedule I'd say anywhere from 6 to 9 wins is the likely range, and I'd guess a straight 8-8 season.
You also have to take into account some teams being better or worse than last year! I can almost guarantee that the Saints and *team not mentioned* will be very good.

Canada
05-24-2008, 05:01 PM
You also have to take into account some teams being better or worse than last year! I can almost guarantee that the Saints and *team not mentioned* will be very good.

I hope you are joking about the team that is not the Saints. They won 7 games last year. 2 vs Miami, 2 vs the Jets and 1 vs Baltimore and 1 against The Bungals. They are not as good as you think.

royalswin100games
05-24-2008, 05:29 PM
I hope you are joking about the team that is not the Saints. They won 7 games last year. 2 vs Miami, 2 vs the Jets and 1 vs Baltimore and 1 against The Bungals. They are not as good as you think.

They did pick up Vilma to shore up the LB problem. :11:

Canada
05-24-2008, 06:16 PM
They did pick up Vilma to shore up the LB problem. :11:

Yeah, but they still have the lack of an O line problem. Or maybe that is only a problem for the Chiefs and everyone else will be able to deal with it. Makes me laugh that the same guys who think we suck don't see that half the teams we are gonna play this year are gonna suck. 4 wins!! Told ya so!!

DrunkHillbilly
05-24-2008, 07:15 PM
Yeah, but they still have the lack of an O line problem. Or maybe that is only a problem for the Chiefs and everyone else will be able to deal with it. Makes me laugh that the same guys who think we suck don't see that half the teams we are gonna play this year are gonna suck. 4 wins!! Told ya so!!
How many of those said teams finished with a worse record than us?

Canada
05-24-2008, 08:01 PM
How many of those said teams finished with a worse record than us?

Baltimore won 5 games, Miami won 1, NYJ won 5 and the Bungals not too many more. Would your outlook have been a lot better had we won 5 games?

Three7s
05-24-2008, 08:07 PM
I just feel that the Saints underachieved last year, if they suck this year, then I'll eat crow and the Chiefs may beat them! I just have a feeling that they'll be better.

Canada
05-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I just feel that the Saints underachieved last year, if they suck this year, then I'll eat crow and the Chiefs may beat them! I just have a feeling that they'll be better.

I agree with you about the Saints, not the other team though!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
05-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I agree with you about the Saints, not the other team though!! :bananen_smilies046:
The team whose name shall not be mentioned! This so Harry Potter ish! :D
Perhaps Croyle is a wizard in training!! :bananen_smilies046::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Canada
05-24-2008, 08:15 PM
The team whose name shall not be mentioned! This so Harry Potter ish! :D

I wouldn't know. I have never seen Harry Potter

DrunkHillbilly
05-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Baltimore won 5 games, Miami won 1, NYJ won 5 and the Bungals not too many more. Would your outlook have been a lot better had we won 5 games?
My point is that it's hard for me to say that we have an easy schedule or a schedule that is against teams that we can beat when we finished with a worse record than ALL of them. I'm sure someone said the same thing last year but the games still have to be played and if somehow, someway we haven't improved mentally as well as physically from last season, we won't finish with many more wins than last season if any at all.

Canada
05-24-2008, 09:02 PM
My point is that it's hard for me to say that we have an easy schedule or a schedule that is against teams that we can beat when we finished with a worse record than ALL of them. I'm sure someone said the same thing last year but the games still have to be played and if somehow, someway we haven't improved mentally as well as physically from last season, we won't finish with many more wins than last season if any at all.

Mt point is that we have about 8 games against teams who are all in the same boat as us. 5 wins or 4 wins is irrelevant. Take a look at the division. I bet out record would have been better had we gotten to play Miami and the Jets twice last year. Just because a team won 7 games does not make them a good team. They may have played a lot of ****ty teams and a team with 4 wins may have played a tougher schedule. This is why i think it is odd that people can so quickly say we will be in the top 10 in the draft!

DrunkHillbilly
05-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Mt point is that we have about 8 games against teams who are all in the same boat as us. 5 wins or 4 wins is irrelevant. Take a look at the division. I bet out record would have been better had we gotten to play Miami and the Jets twice last year. Just because a team won 7 games does not make them a good team. They may have played a lot of ****ty teams and a team with 4 wins may have played a tougher schedule. This is why i think it is odd that people can so quickly say we will be in the top 10 in the draft!
I don't understand how you can be so confident that we would have beat Miami or the Jets! Did you watch any of our games? We may have lost to a good college team! Being sarcastic but we were terrible so I wouldn't say we could have beat anyone! That is why I don't think a top 10 pick is out of the question! However, if I am right two years in a row, I may have to say I told ya so!!!!! LOL!!!!!!:D :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
05-25-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't understand how you can be so confident that we would have beat Miami or the Jets! Did you watch any of our games? We may have lost to a good college team! Being sarcastic but we were terrible so I wouldn't say we could have beat anyone! That is why I don't think a top 10 pick is out of the question! However, if I am right two years in a row, I may have to say I told ya so!!!!! LOL!!!!!!:D :bananen_smilies046:

I never said we ABSOLUTELY would have. You can not say we ABSOLUTELY would not have. You say 4 wins I say 7 wins. Why is that so ridiculous? So far out of the realm of possibility that we could possibly improve? It seems simple for you to believe that we would not have beaten the 1-15 Dolphins. Why is it so hard to think that we might beat them this year?

DrunkHillbilly
05-25-2008, 04:20 AM
I never said we ABSOLUTELY would have. You can not say we ABSOLUTELY would not have. You say 4 wins I say 7 wins. Why is that so ridiculous? So far out of the realm of possibility that we could possibly improve? It seems simple for you to believe that we would not have beaten the 1-15 Dolphins. Why is it so hard to think that we might beat them this year?
Not confident at all. Just using your assumption against you. Your right, 4 wins 7 wins, it's all the same. Another losing season! We can agree to disagree as far as I'm concerned. I'm a realist not an optimist or a pesamist. We haven't done enough to improve our team to make the playoffs. Herms track record speaks for itself and until they prove to me otherwise, I'm not happy with the current situation our team is in.

Three7s
05-25-2008, 05:05 AM
We probably would have beaten the Dolphins last season, but they're bound to improve at least a little this season. I think they'll win around 4 games.

Canada
05-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Not confident at all. Just using your assumption against you. Your right, 4 wins 7 wins, it's all the same. Another losing season! We can agree to disagree as far as I'm concerned. I'm a realist not an optimist or a pesamist. We haven't done enough to improve our team to make the playoffs. Herms track record speaks for itself and until they prove to me otherwise, I'm not happy with the current situation our team is in.

I understand that there are two sides to an argument. But thanks anyways :bananen_smilies046: and your realism always seems to lean to the pessimistic side of things. No, chances are we are not going to have a playoff season. I still hope we do and as much as the 4-12 season left a bitter taste in everyones mouth I am still excited about watching the upside of this young team this year. I am not throwing i the towel in the beginning of June because we lost a lot of games last year. Maybe this is the year that the second year guys start to gel, and the rookies have outstanding seasons. Realistically, that COULD happen. That is why I am watching!! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
05-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I understand that there are two sides to an argument. But thanks anyways :bananen_smilies046: and your realism always seems to lean to the pessimistic side of things. No, chances are we are not going to have a playoff season. I still hope we do and as much as the 4-12 season left a bitter taste in everyones mouth I am still excited about watching the upside of this young team this year. I am not throwing i the towel in the beginning of June because we lost a lot of games last year. Maybe this is the year that the second year guys start to gel, and the rookies have outstanding seasons. Realistically, that COULD happen. That is why I am watching!! :bananen_smilies046:
Okee Dokee!!:toast2:

Pro_Angler
05-25-2008, 10:33 PM
we were 2 lineman and a kick off guy and a returner away from being a good team last year. I really don't see how we bettered ourselves so far. We lost JA but got someone to replace him somewhat.

Chiefster
05-26-2008, 01:58 AM

I am always hopeful, although my optimism is always tempered with little to no real expectations.

Three7s
05-26-2008, 02:26 AM
we were 2 lineman and a kick off guy and a returner away from being a good team last year. I really don't see how we bettered ourselves so far. We lost JA but got someone to replace him somewhat.
You forgot a DT, our run defense was horrible.

Canada
05-26-2008, 06:29 AM

We got an offensive lineman in the first round...but no one good.

I am always hopeful, although my optimism is always tempered with little to no real expectations.

Isn't that the Chiefs Crowd motto?

chief31
05-26-2008, 09:26 AM

Pretty much.

At least since the Herm/C.P union.:D

DrunkHillbilly
05-26-2008, 11:53 AM

No, just the realistic motto!!:lol:

chief31
05-26-2008, 02:25 PM
As with any Chiefs season, I will probably become much more excited and optimistic about their chances for the year, as the season nears.

But for now, I don't have a whole lot to say in a positve way.:D

Canada
05-26-2008, 04:04 PM
No, just the realistic motto!!:lol:

Realism = Pessimism. That should be the motto! :bananen_smilies046:

nigeriannightmare
05-26-2008, 04:31 PM
You forgot a DT, our run defense was horrible.

Let us also not forgot our inability to kick field goals consistently.

Canada
05-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh and our horrible defense, no running game, QB with 0 potential, terrible D and O line. Man, it is gonna be 2015 before this team is anywhere near being able to attempt to compete with a high school team. I am so glad that I have all of these fellow Chiefs fans to constantly remind me of that!! :bananen_smilies046: My only real complaint is that we are ranked #30 and not #32. I mean seriously...2 teams worse than us? Not possible!!

DrunkHillbilly
05-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Oh and our horrible defense, no running game, QB with 0 potential, terrible D and O line. Man, it is gonna be 2015 before this team is anywhere near being able to attempt to compete with a high school team. I am so glad that I have all of these fellow Chiefs fans to constantly remind me of that!! :bananen_smilies046: My only real complaint is that we are ranked #30 and not #32. I mean seriously...2 teams worse than us? Not possible!!
Good point!!!!:sign0098: That's the realism I am speaking of!! 2015 is probably a realistic timeframe. Herm and CP may both be gone by then and we can actually possibly start to rebuild if our owner has his head out of his arse by then!!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
05-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Good point!!!!:sign0098: That's the realism I am speaking of!! 2015 is probably a realistic timeframe. Herm and CP may both be gone by then and we can actually possibly start to rebuild if our owner has his head out of his arse by then!!! :bananen_smilies046:
:mob: :mob:
Not even close to my expectation! I think we are going to win every game, as long as we have more points at the end of the game.:D
I fully expect to win every game, I refuse to expect anything less! I have been disappointed allot! I am excited about the team we have! I think we will win this year some games that are going surprise some teams. this year.
Just call me a Chief Homer!
:bananen_smilies046: To all that feel the same! :bananen_smilies046: To all that do not, but are still fans.

DrunkHillbilly
05-27-2008, 03:25 PM
:mob: :mob:
Not even close to my expectation! I think we are going to win every game, as long as we have more points at the end of the game.:D
I fully expect to win every game, I refuse to expect anything less! I have been disappointed allot! I am excited about the team we have! I think we will win this year some games that are going surprise some teams. this year.
Just call me a Chief Homer!
:bananen_smilies046: To all that feel the same! :bananen_smilies046: To all that do not, but are still fans.
Uh Oh, Canada has finally found a fellow homer! Good for you two, I hope your happy together!! LOL!!!!:D :D :D

Canada
05-27-2008, 04:33 PM
Uh Oh, Canada has finally found a fellow homer! Good for you two, I hope your happy together!! LOL!!!!:D :D :D

We will probably never know the happiness that all you pessimistic fans!! You get to tell everyone how right you are all the time!! How fulfilling!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
05-27-2008, 04:42 PM
:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046: To all that believe! I am a Chiefs Homer! :toast2:

DrunkHillbilly
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
We will probably never know the happiness that all you pessimistic fans!! You get to tell everyone how right you are all the time!! How fulfilling!! :bananen_smilies046:
We have always said "It's lonely at the top"! Like I have said in the past, you have never seen me post anything saying I told you so but I have to admit there is some personal fullfillment that one gets when he or she is right about something. Everyone feels it at some point, even Canadiens!!:D

By the way, did you see that guy drop the trophy after that Canadien minor league championship game? Pretty funny!!

Canada
05-27-2008, 05:08 PM
We have always said "It's lonely at the top"! Like I have said in the past, you have never seen me post anything saying I told you so but I have to admit there is some personal fullfillment that one gets when he or she is right about something. Everyone feels it at some point, even Canadiens!!:D

By the way, did you see that guy drop the trophy after that Canadien minor league championship game? Pretty funny!!

Yeah,they did the top 10 broken trophies on Sports Center this morning!! :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Yeah,they did the top 10 broken trophies on Sports Center this morning!! :lol:
That dude looked like he s*** his pants and didn't want anyone to know!!!! He just froze!!:yahoo: