PDA

View Full Version : '09 Starting QB?

texaschief
05-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Ok, let's see how many ppl think our 2009 QB is with the team already.

hermhater
05-18-2008, 08:35 PM
This is not really a fair poll considering we don't know who will sustain a career ending injury behind Herm's Offensive game plan this coming year.

Also I hope we don't fall low enough in next years draft to be able to pick up Tebow.

That being said, I am sticking with my man Thigpen.

hermhater
05-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Also, where's your vote texas?

spiman
05-18-2008, 08:40 PM
We did not draft him-Oh NO!

luv
05-18-2008, 08:50 PM
I agree with HH on this one. Let's concentrate on this year and see what happens first.

hermhater
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
We did not draft him-Oh NO!

I agree with HH on this one. Let's concentrate on this year and see what happens first.

Vote on texas' poll or it will hurt his feelings. :D

tammietailgator
05-18-2008, 08:54 PM
Do we have any phychics in the crowd? :lol::funnypost:

I cannot believe that we are speculating on the 2009 season before this one has even begun - Speculating that Brodie will not pan out, speculating that the others mentioned might win the starting position (even though they are not starting this year), and speculating that Tebow will even sign with a team next year rather than finish out his college career. :sign0104:

I am not voting on this poll!:D

tammietailgator
05-18-2008, 09:00 PM
BTW - those are some broad ASSUMPTIONS... were you being funny????:D:lol:

spiman
05-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Was a 4-10 Season Funny.:lol: Not.:mob: :owws: It is too early for a headache.

rbedgood
05-18-2008, 11:56 PM
I'd vote for none of the above, as I don't think Croyle or Thigpen will turn out to be the answer, but I also don't think KC will have a bad enough season to win the Tebow sweepstakes.

chief31
05-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Hell, I have no problem speculating a decade in advance. I went with Croyle, because he is one of the most likely to even be on the team.

Although I have very serious doubts about his ability to stay healthy playing the "position of death" on Herms team.:D

tammietailgator
05-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Geez though... we are going a year in advance!? How would you feel if they did that with your job?

chief31
05-19-2008, 12:04 AM
Geez though... we are going a year in advance!? How would you feel if they did that with your job?
They'd be wise to pick me!!! :yahoo:

tammietailgator
05-19-2008, 12:07 AM
They'd be wise to pick me!!! :yahoo:
Me too! they put me in the phone book... so I figure, my job is safe.:D

chief31
05-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Me too! they put me in the phone book... so I figure, my job is safe.:D

Have you ever seen "The Jerk" with Steve Martin? :D

tammietailgator
05-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Yeah!!! But this is my picture!! I am more famous! :biggrin:

chief31
05-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah!!! But this is my picture!! I am more famous! :biggrin:

"And that's ALL I NEED!... Well, I need this paddle-ball too. But that's it! That's ALL I NEED!!! ... Welll I need this too..."

Love that movie. :D

tammietailgator
05-19-2008, 12:40 AM
All I need....

YouTube - The Jerk - all i need

hermhater
05-19-2008, 05:42 AM
That was exactly what I needed right guy now guys, thanks.

:bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
05-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Other!!!!!

Three7s
05-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Other!!!!!
You don't like Tebow or Stafford? I think Tebow may be a bit overrated, and I haven't seen Stafford play much.

DrunkHillbilly
05-19-2008, 06:40 PM
You don't like Tebow or Stafford? I think Tebow may be a bit overrated, and I haven't seen Stafford play much.
Don't know much about Stafford but I think Tebow will return for his last year. Even if he doesn't, Florida doesn't have a great record for QB's in the NFL!! In fact, it is TERRIBLE!!!! A couple of guys that actually played but NOBODY that was any good!! Sooo......I still say OTHER!!:D

m0ef0e
05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm hoping Brodie does well enough to keep the job.

tammietailgator
05-19-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm hoping Brodie does well enough to keep the job.

Couldnt agree more! :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
05-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Don't know much about Stafford but I think Tebow will return for his last year. Even if he doesn't, Florida doesn't have a great record for QB's in the NFL!! In fact, it is TERRIBLE!!!! A couple of guys that actually played but NOBODY that was any good!! Sooo......I still say OTHER!!:D

Yeah, Steve Spurrier started that trend, and when he was a coach he was notorious for "system" QBs that didn't translate to the NFL. However I'd guess that Tebow might be the guy to break that trend. He's very athletic, has a great arm, and in interviews seems to be very smart. The difference is the other guys on the notorious list (Wuerfel, Grossman, Jesse Palmer, etc.) were missing at least one if not two of those three attributes.

DrunkHillbilly
05-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, Steve Spurrier started that trend, and when he was a coach he was notorious for "system" QBs that didn't translate to the NFL. However I'd guess that Tebow might be the guy to break that trend. He's very athletic, has a great arm, and in interviews seems to be very smart. The difference is the other guys on the notorious list (Wuerfel, Grossman, Jesse Palmer, etc.) were missing at least one if not two of those three attributes.
I'm not buyin until someone proves it wrong!!! There has to have been at least 10 or so that have failed out of that program. Same situation with Tedford at Cal! I don't want a QB from either of those schools. I'm still waiting for us to bring in at least 1 fricken free agent! We mised the boat on Garcia! He absolutley dominated that division last year and can scramble with the best of em.

m0ef0e
05-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I'm not buyin until someone proves it wrong!!! There has to have been at least 10 or so that have failed out of that program. Same situation with Tedford at Cal! I don't want a QB from either of those schools. I'm still waiting for us to bring in at least 1 fricken free agent! We mised the boat on Garcia! He absolutley dominated that division last year and can scramble with the best of em.

2 years in a row, now. Jeff talks kinda funny but he is a quality QB. :D

Three7s
05-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Only thing I don't like about him is that he's a bit old, but he's a very good QB, indeed.

texaschief
05-20-2008, 01:12 AM
I think Tim Tebow is the surest thing to a no-miss pro QB as there will ever be. He has the size, arm and athletic ability plus he's smart and has that killer instinct that all the great QBs have.

I just don't see how this guy could fail. It's not like his abilities are a product of a system. Chris Leak on the other hand, you could make that argument.

Tebow was the most recruited player as a high school senior that year. This kid is no fluke and will probably be playing in the title game this year.

I also don't think the Chiefs have the pieces or the creativity to make a play for Tebow because i agree, we won't be bad enough to draft him outright.

Stafford was a VERY highly recruited QB out of Texas. He has been pretty good at UGA and would be the second best QB if Tebow comes out. I think Stafford is a better QB than Ryan will be. But again, he'll go in the top 5 and i don't see the Chiefs getting into the top 5 to draft him.

Personally, I think Thigpen will be the Chiefs 09 starter after Brodie struggles thru this season, the Chiefs will give Thigpen his shot at the starting spot before trying to draft a replacement in the first. But, they could bring in a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds again....

But, i'm going with Thigpen.

chief31
05-20-2008, 01:37 AM
I think Tim Tebow is the surest thing to a no-miss pro QB as there will ever be. He has the size, arm and athletic ability plus he's smart and has that killer instinct that all the great QBs have.

I just don't see how this guy could fail. It's not like his abilities are a product of a system. Chris Leak on the other hand, you could make that argument.

Tebow was the most recruited player as a high school senior that year. This kid is no fluke and will probably be playing in the title game this year.

I also don't think the Chiefs have the pieces or the creativity to make a play for Tebow because i agree, we won't be bad enough to draft him outright.

Stafford was a VERY highly recruited QB out of Texas. He has been pretty good at UGA and would be the second best QB if Tebow comes out. I think Stafford is a better QB than Ryan will be. But again, he'll go in the top 5 and i don't see the Chiefs getting into the top 5 to draft him.

Personally, I think Thigpen will be the Chiefs 09 starter after Brodie struggles thru this season, the Chiefs will give Thigpen his shot at the starting spot before trying to draft a replacement in the first. But, they could bring in a QB in the 2nd or 3rd rounds again....

Ya know, I fight with you alot, but I would outraged if you quit bringing these opinions and assessments to The Crowd.

:sign0098: (Rather I agree about the pontential of the '08 Chiefs or not.)

hermhater
05-20-2008, 02:39 AM
Someone post something in here so that it gets moved to the top of the unread threads.

There is too much to read in this thread at this hour.

I did read the last post though, and it's nice to see appreciation.

tammietailgator
05-20-2008, 02:43 AM
Couldnt agree more! :bananen_smilies046:
How is that???

AkChief49
05-20-2008, 02:52 AM
I think we improved (time will tell) enough on the O-line to give Brodie the shot. He gets that extra second....... I know I'm being Homerish...but I cannot wait for the season to start!!!!

rbedgood
05-20-2008, 03:57 AM

Ummm...as for QBs from Florida only a few have bombed.

Spurrier was a 1st round pick and although he stuck around for 8 or 9 years clearly didn't live up to the hype

Grossman was the #22 overall and has disappointed

Jesse Palmer was picked in the 4th round, you can't really call that bombing, he wasn't really expected to do much.

Wuerffel had a great college career, but again was a 4th round selection

Kerwin Bell??? 7th rounder...can't count him as a dog

John Reaves (1972) was a 1st rounder for the Eagles...I haven't heard of him, so I'll guess he disappointed also.

Those are the only QBs from Univ of Florida that have been drafted. If you want to count any others (Chris Leak, etc) you can, but as undrafted free agents you can't really say their NFL careers were disappointments.

I'm going to suggest another possibility. Cleveland has two guys that are potential starters currently under contract. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade one of those guys away in the next year or two as they'll be hard pressed to keep Quinn on the bench with his contract escalating in the next couple years. They may select to stay with Derek Anderson, but they'll be hard pressed to keep both.

texaschief
05-20-2008, 01:35 PM
I thought drafting Quinn would've been a big mistake last year and i think trading for him would be an even bigger one. He didn't do much at ND and kinda rode his "top recruit" status for Notre Dame right into the NFL draft.

No doubt he has the size and ability, but it just doesn't seem to click for him.

rbedgood
05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
I thought drafting Quinn would've been a big mistake last year and i think trading for him would be an even bigger one. He didn't do much at ND and kinda rode his "top recruit" status for Notre Dame right into the NFL draft.

No doubt he has the size and ability, but it just doesn't seem to click for him.

I agree in the sense that I didn't see him as a top 10 type of pick, but I do think he has the abilities to be a better than average NFL QB.

His sample pool is a bit small right now as he's only played in one NFL game...in all likelihood he won't play again this year, which will give him two full years on the sidelines. Personally I think that is one of the best formulas for developing a solid starting QB in the NFL.

hermhater
05-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree in the sense that I didn't see him as a top 10 type of pick, but I do think he has the abilities to be a better than average NFL QB.

His stool sample is a bit smelly as he plays for the Browns ...in all likelihood he won't play again this year, which will give him two full years on the sidelines. Personally I think that is one of the best formulas for developing a solid starting QB in the NFL.

FYR!

:bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
05-20-2008, 02:09 PM

His sample pool is a bit small right now as he's only played in one NFL game...in all likelihood he won't play again this year, which will give him two full years on the sidelines. Personally I think that is one of the best formulas for developing a solid starting QB in the NFL.

Letting him sit on the bench a couple years will help him, i agree. But he has NEVER shown me anything...ever. The dude is a workout warrior that slinks away under pressure. At least that's what he did in college.

rbedgood
05-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Letting him sit on the bench a couple years will help him, i agree. But he has NEVER shown me anything...ever. The dude is a workout warrior that slinks away under pressure. At least that's what he did in college.

I don't foresee him being the next Tom Brady, but heck if he could just be above average that'd be a step in the right direction for a number of NFL teams (KC, SF, Baltimore (they have Flacco now?!), Miami (Beck?? LOL), NYJets, Oakland (I'm not sold on Russell), Washington, etc.)

chief31
05-21-2008, 02:14 AM

He was lighting it up last preseason. Albeit in very limited action, but nonetheless, he was showing something.

royalswin100games
05-21-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm gonna agree with Tex and say Quinn is overrated.

I'm also not gonna speculate on who our starter is in '09. Tebow and Stafford could very well be knocked around in the SEC this year and have their stock fall.

Here's an article about Croyle. Bowe is talking him up. Of course, he could just be saying those things because he knows it's being printed.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/629108.html

Canada
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I think it is gonna be Brett Favre

royalswin100games
05-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Faav-reh

Canada
05-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Brett Favor

AussieChiefsFan
03-02-2009, 03:09 AM
I chose thigy since that cassel isn't on the list.