PDA

View Full Version : (sigh).....Jason Taylor

texaschief
05-23-2008, 01:56 AM
Well, with Jason Taylor not heading to camp, this could be the power play a few teams were hoping for.

There are a couple teams who are far enough under the cap that they could make a play for his services...The Buffalo Bills are one of those teams. But, i doubt the Dolphins trade one of the top DE's in the league to a team in their own division.

That of course opens the door for another team near and dear to our hearts. We obviously could use Taylor to fill in for Allen, but at what cost?

I MIGHT be willing to offer a 2nd and 6th or 7th. But the dude is 33 and won't be in the league too much longer and is not worth the 1st rounder the Dolphins will be asking for.

But reluctantly, I'm on board for trying to bring this guy in for the right price. Hell, anyone know if the Dolphins need a safety like Wesley? He could be a piece to trade as well. It is imperative that we don't overpay for this guy and risk too many valuable draft picks next season.

royalswin100games
05-23-2008, 02:06 AM
He wants to go to a contender. Keep dreaming.

hermhater
05-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Didn't I mention something similar to this a month or two ago???

Chiefster
05-23-2008, 03:14 AM
Didn't I mention something similar to this a month or two ago???

More then likely.

I'd go a fourth and fifth for him, but that's about it.

hermhater
05-23-2008, 03:17 AM
More then likely.

I'd go a fourth and fifth for him, but that's about it.

I'd be willing to spend some money as well.

rbedgood
05-23-2008, 03:32 AM
Jason Taylor will likely go to a team that is close to competing but needs 1 or 2 pieces. Tampa, Jacksonville, New Orleans, & Tennessee come to mind.

royalswin100games
05-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Why not San Diego? He'll be close to Hollywood.

SomewhereoverDwayneBowe
05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Shhhhhh! I don't think we want a guy like Taylor going to SD. That Defense is stacked full of Chiefs hatas!
NFL network was hinting that San Diego would be where he would end up if he left the Dolphins. They also threw the Eagles in the mix.

texaschief
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
He wants to go to a contender. Keep dreaming.

Jason Taylor will likely go to a team that is close to competing but needs 1 or 2 pieces. Tampa, Jacksonville, New Orleans, & Tennessee come to mind.

Shhhhhh! I don't think we want a guy like Taylor going to SD. That Defense is stacked full of Chiefs hatas!
NFL network was hinting that San Diego would be where he would end up if he left the Dolphins. They also threw the Eagles in the mix.

It doesn't matter where he WANTS to go....He's not a free agent and he'll go to the highest bidder.

royalswin100games
05-23-2008, 12:30 PM
It doesn't matter where he WANTS to go....He's not a free agent and he'll go to the highest bidder.

Ok then, he'll retire if he doesn't go to a contender.

rbedgood
05-23-2008, 01:08 PM
He'll have some level of control due to the stage of his career...

Chiefster
05-23-2008, 10:31 PM

Yeah, but not too much.

AkChief49
05-24-2008, 12:24 AM
He wants to go to a contender. Keep dreaming. the Homer in me thinks we can be a contender every year, but the realist in me "knows what you mean":bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
05-24-2008, 12:30 AM
the Homer in me thinks we can be a contender every year, but the realist in me "knows what you mean":bananen_smilies046:

You, also, suffering from MPD??? :D

AkChief49
05-24-2008, 12:33 AM
You, also, suffering from MPD??? :D
is that multi-post disorder?:sign0103::D

Chiefster
05-24-2008, 12:40 AM
is that multi-post disorder?:sign0103::D

Uuuuuuuuuuuumm.....

Yeeeeaaaah.

spiman
05-24-2008, 01:53 AM
You got it like that? Spend the $$ on us poor Dudes!

hermhater
05-24-2008, 02:05 AM
You got it like that? Spend the $$ on us poor Dudes!

Dude I'm talking about 5 or 10 bucks.

How much does it even cost?

Chiefster
05-24-2008, 02:12 AM
Dude I'm talking about 5 or 10 bucks.

How much does it even cost?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

spiman
05-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Jason Taylor will cost a little more than 5 or 10 bucks. At least 5 to 6 zeros attached.

Chiefman
05-24-2008, 09:24 AM
He will go to the highest bidder just as long as it's warm. The guy is still in pretty good shape for a 33 year old.

Chief from the North
05-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, with Jason Taylor not heading to camp, this could be the power play a few teams were hoping for.

There are a couple teams who are far enough under the cap that they could make a play for his services...The Buffalo Bills are one of those teams. But, i doubt the Dolphins trade one of the top DE's in the league to a team in their own division.

That of course opens the door for another team near and dear to our hearts. We obviously could use Taylor to fill in for Allen, but at what cost?

I MIGHT be willing to offer a 2nd and 6th or 7th. But the dude is 33 and won't be in the league too much longer and is not worth the 1st rounder the Dolphins will be asking for.

But reluctantly, I'm on board for trying to bring this guy in for the right price. Hell, anyone know if the Dolphins need a safety like Wesley? He could be a piece to trade as well. It is imperative that we don't overpay for this guy and risk too many valuable draft picks next season.

In my own humble (or not so humble...lol) opinion, I think Herm should seek balance. A Zen state if you will. lol. Seriously, what good is having a youth movement if you have no vets to mentor them? We should be building a young team AND grabbing some veterans who still have a few good years. Putting a cap on the age of people you are willing to bring on your team (I think it was 30??) is stupid. What happens if in 3 years half our youth movement is either injured or has pulled a Ricky Williams, or just simply couldn't cut it in the league? Then we'll constantly be in a rebuilding year and never get anywhere. Herm needs to get balance. Maybe get in the lotus position, grab his ankles and start chanting "om". Because if this team doesn't improve considerably within two years, he'll be getting in a different position, grabbing his ankles and chanting "ouch" as he gets booted out of town.

tornadospotter
05-24-2008, 10:33 AM
In my own humble (or not so humble...lol) opinion, I think Herm should seek balance. A Zen state if you will. lol. Seriously, what good is having a youth movement if you have no vets to mentor them? We should be building a young team AND grabbing some veterans who still have a few good years. Putting a cap on the age of people you are willing to bring on your team (I think it was 30??) is stupid. What happens if in 3 years half our youth movement is either injured or has pulled a Ricky Williams, or just simply couldn't cut it in the league? Then we'll constantly be in a rebuilding year and never get anywhere. Herm needs to get balance. Maybe get in the lotus position, grab his ankles and start chanting "om". Because if this team doesn't improve considerably within two years, he'll be getting in a different position, grabbing his ankles and chanting "ouch" as he gets booted out of town.
There will be a big line waiting to give him a boot, if he doesn't bring us a winning team!

Hayvern
05-24-2008, 02:44 PM
[/b][/i]
There will be a big line waiting to give him a boot, if he doesn't bring us a winning team!

The line has formed, please proceed to the rear!

:group2:

Chiefster
05-24-2008, 07:14 PM
The line has formed, please proceed to the rear!

:group2:

HA! Exactly!

Philly Guy
05-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Jason Taylor... Eww

chief31
05-25-2008, 03:26 PM
I'm not really in favor of grabbing Taylor (even if we could) but I would have to think that that would make a significant difference to what I think this team could do THIS year.

Pro_Angler
05-25-2008, 11:36 PM
we would almost have to try to get em so SD doesnt but he'd go there for way less money just cause they are a better team rigt now

Chiefster
05-26-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm not really in favor of grabbing Taylor (even if we could) but I would have to think that that would make a significant difference to what I think this team could do THIS year.

Agreed! He would make an impact in the here, and now.

Three7s
05-27-2008, 01:55 PM
We aren't gonna sign him, I thought it was clear that we're going young, and are through with signing old men.

Coach
05-29-2008, 12:48 AM
I'd be shocked if the Chiefs wanted Taylor at his price tag. I'd be even more shocked if Taylor wanted the Chiefs at any price tag.

I think there's a pretty good shot that he'll end up in Indy. Perfect fit on a contender.

rbedgood
05-29-2008, 12:58 AM
I'd be shocked if the Chiefs wanted Taylor at his price tag. I'd be even more shocked if Taylor wanted the Chiefs at any price tag.

I think there's a pretty good shot that he'll end up in Indy. Perfect fit on a contender.

Indy already has a ton of money in their D-line, (Freeney & Mathis)...I'm guessing Miami sends him to either Seattle or Tampa Bay. NFC teams that are borderline contenders and where he would play a big role on their respective defenses. Another high possibility is Jacksonville as they've been looking for help on the pass rush.

Coach
05-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Indy already has a ton of money in their D-line, (Freeney & Mathis)...I'm guessing Miami sends him to either Seattle or Tampa Bay. NFC teams that are borderline contenders and where he would play a big role on their respective defenses. Another high possibility is Jacksonville as they've been looking for help on the pass rush.

I agree with Jax. But the rumor mill is running pretty hot in Indy right now. I was there this past weekend. I know that doesn't mean a lot. But it does get the attention of the team. And Pollian has never shyed away from putting his team in a position to win. Taylor is the kind of DL puzzle piece that could make the difference in the playoffs against the Pats. Straight out of the Giants playbook.

Chiefster
05-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I think it all comes down to whoever has the cash and is willing to dole it out. I agree that his chances of landing in KC are very long indeed.

rbedgood
05-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I think it all comes down to whoever has the cash and is willing to dole it out. I agree that his chances of landing in KC are very long indeed.

It really comes down to a team being willing to give up a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick for an aging veteran that will likely only play this season and maybe one more. Few teams would make that trade, and for anything less than that Parcells will likely keep Taylor in Miami, forcing Taylor to either play, retire, or hold-out and pay hefty fines.

Coach
05-29-2008, 11:18 PM
It really comes down to a team being willing to give up a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick for an aging veteran that will likely only play this season and maybe one more.

Perfect for a team that is one or two players away from a Lombardi trophy. eg. Indy, Jax.

Chiefster
05-30-2008, 07:17 PM
It really comes down to a team being willing to give up a late 1st round or early 2nd round pick for an aging veteran that will likely only play this season and maybe one more. Few teams would make that trade, and for anything less than that Parcells will likely keep Taylor in Miami, forcing Taylor to either play, retire, or hold-out and pay hefty fines.

Agreed, but money is going to come into play at some point.