PDA

View Full Version : Kimbo

DrunkHillbilly
06-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Didn't look half bad!!!!!! I liked the fact that he was pretty humble and actually admitted that he had a lot to learn. How bout that Cauliflower ear????????? I have never seen one that bad!!!!

tammietailgator
06-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I thought he did well - I was worried about how a brawler could do on the ground, but other than the last part of the 2nd round - he held his own on the ground! He does still have a lot to learn - Hopefully Kimbo fixed Thompsons ear tonight! :lol:

Canada
06-01-2008, 06:34 AM
That was funny when they kept calling it the small alien being on the side of his head!!

hermhater
06-01-2008, 01:09 PM
That was funny when they kept calling it the small alien being on the side of his head!!

Mauro Ranallo is a crack up!

:lol:

Chiefster
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM
I've not seen it.

That is all.

Coach
06-03-2008, 08:08 PM
3rd round.

YouTube - Kimbo Slice Final Round 3 on CBS

Chiefster
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
3rd round...

Thanks Coach! :sign0098:

Chiefster
06-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Dude got his ear busted wide open! Had to agree with the refs decision.

hermhater
06-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Fight should have been over at the end of the second round.

Canada
06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Fight should have been over at the end of the second round.

Why?

hermhater
06-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Why?

Because Kimbo laid on his back taking elbows and fists to the face for about a minute, without being able to defend himself.

Same way that Hughes beat Penn.

Canada
06-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Because Kimbo laid on his back taking elbows and fists to the face for about a minute, without being able to defend himself.

Same way that Hughes beat Penn.

Yeah, but he was giving the ref the "thumbs up" the whole time. I don't think you should fault a guy for being able to take a punch.

spiman
06-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, but he was giving the ref the "thumbs up" the whole time. I don't think you should fault a guy for being able to take a punch.
Kimbo just plain sucks at MMA. Me thinks Canada has a shot of beating him!!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
06-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Kimbo just plain sucks at MMA. Me thinks Canada has a shot of beating him!!:bananen_smilies046:

:lol: He is not the most technical fighter for sure, but he sure can punch!!

Chiefster
06-05-2008, 12:43 AM

The only way I ever mix it up with either of them is if I'm simply suicidal.

Canada
06-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Isnt it just euthanasia at your age?? :)

spiman
06-05-2008, 01:43 AM
Kidneys and Thorax then...

hermhater
06-05-2008, 03:14 AM

Sigh...

I thought I explained this to you already???

Being able to give the ref a "thumbs up" is different than being able to intelligently defend yourself.

Kimbo was being beaten without the ability to defend himself.

True the punches weren't that effective, but the elbows were.

When BJ Penn lost to Hughes it was the same situation, and they gave the fight to Hughes because he had BJ's arms tied up in the crucifix.

But Hughes wasn't doing any damage, BJ just couldn't defend himself from sissy strikes.

hermhater
06-05-2008, 03:16 AM
Kidneys and Thorax then...

I am the Thorax...

I speak for the trees...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/06/4.jpg

Canada
06-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Sigh...

I thought I explained this to you already???

Being able to give the ref a "thumbs up" is different than being able to intelligently defend yourself.

Kimbo was being beaten without the ability to defend himself.

True the punches weren't that effective, but the elbows were.

When BJ Penn lost to Hughes it was the same situation, and they gave the fight to Hughes because he had BJ's arms tied up in the crucifix.

But Hughes wasn't doing any damage, BJ just couldn't defend himself from sissy strikes.

Sigh...

When a guy is giving you a thumbs up and smiling at you while he is being punched, there is obviously not that much to defend against and when the ref explained that he had to defend himself anyways he put up his right hand and blocked the punches. I guess it is just ****ty fighting if they are calling it for crap like that.

hermhater
06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Sigh...

When a guy is giving you a thumbs up and smiling at you while he is being punched, there is obviously not that much to defend against and when the ref explained that he had to defend himself anyways he put up his right hand and blocked the punches. I guess it is just ****ty fighting if they are calling it for crap like that.

It's not ****ty fighting, it's ****ty refereeing and the organization giving every opportunity to their star to win.

MMA will never be able to be fixed as much as boxing is, but it's disappointing to see it moving that direction so quickly since it went mainstream.

spiman
06-06-2008, 08:31 PM
The only way I ever mix it up with either of them is if I'm simply suicidal.

What liquid courage does't work? :toast2: :drunkhb: :mob: :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
06-06-2008, 10:26 PM
What liquid courage does't work? :toast2: :drunkhb: :mob: :bananen_smilies046:

Not at my age. :wheelchair: