PDA

View Full Version : Chan's plan.

m0ef0e
06-11-2008, 12:58 PM
I really like the fact that the Chiefs are implementing an audible system now under new OC, Chan Gailey. Seriously, the fact that we have not used audibles for the last 7 years is ridiculous. It's been something like trying to fix a car with only a crescent wrench. Options are always good. Now, reading the defense and picking the right one becomes the test.

I also enjoy seeing the Chiefs throw the bootleg into practice. This not only opens up the play book some offensively, but also will help to prepare our defense against it. I sure am tired of seeing us get burned by that bootleg... Hopefully that will not be the case this season.

royalswin100games
06-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Rep, good job.

wolfpack
06-11-2008, 04:42 PM
watching them last saturday running the boot looked great. our defense still got burned most of the time they ran it.

m0ef0e
06-11-2008, 07:56 PM
watching them last saturday running the boot looked great. our defense still got burned most of the time they ran it.

At least they get to practice against it now. Hopefully it will help by the time the season starts.

DrunkHillbilly
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I like this! Hopefully Croyle's accuracy won't suffer more than it already is. I think this opens up a nice dink and dump option which a lot of teams are utilizing very well these days!!!!!

Chiefster
06-11-2008, 09:41 PM
It will be interesting to see.

Coach
06-11-2008, 11:36 PM
I like this! Hopefully Croyle's accuracy won't suffer more than it already is. I think this opens up a nice dink and dump option which a lot of teams are utilizing very well these days!!!!!

Perfect for a small fast halfback. Hey didn't we draft someone like that?

DrunkHillbilly
06-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Perfect for a small fast halfback. Hey didn't we draft someone like that?
This is all pending the O line gets down field a bit to do a little downfield blocking!!!!!!!

m0ef0e
06-12-2008, 12:30 PM
This is all pending the O line gets down field a bit to do a little downfield blocking!!!!!!!

I've seen some highlights of Branden Albert and he seems to be good at it.

Chiefster
06-13-2008, 12:11 AM

That is good to know.

chief31
06-13-2008, 03:12 AM

Sure hope so. Alot is riding on him.

Seek
06-13-2008, 12:32 PM
I also enjoy seeing the Chiefs throw the bootleg into practice. This not only opens up the play book some offensively, but also will help to prepare our defense against it. I sure am tired of seeing us get burned by that bootleg... Hopefully that will not be the case this season.

I am excited about the bootleg for a couple reasons. Running the bootleg is a sign that Chan is actually taking the tools he has and is building around them. He has two mobile QB's (Croyle and Thigpen) and a suspect offensive line. This is going to give the QB some additional time, protection, and options compared to sitting in the pocket waiting for it to collapse and crush their fragile bodies.

This should also help get TG and LJ involved in the passing game more. With either of them running a flat pattern. The OLB will either have to cover them giving Croyle or Thigpen more time to hit Bowe. If the OLB commits to the QB dump the pass of to TG or LJ in the flat and let them do their thing for a first down.

m0ef0e
06-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Sure hope so. Alot is riding on him.

I haven't bet the farm yet, but I think he can do well as long as he can stay healthy.

m0ef0e
06-13-2008, 12:34 PM
I am excited about the bootleg for a couple reasons. Running the bootleg is a sign that Chan is actually taking the tools he has and is building around them. He has two mobile QB's (Croyle and Thigpen) and a suspect offensive line. This is going to give the QB some additional time, protection, and options compared to sitting in the pocket waiting for it to collapse and crush their fragile bodies.

This should also help get TG and LJ involved in the passing game more. With either of them running a flat pattern. The OLB will either have to cover them giving Croyle or Thigpen more time to hit Bowe. If the OLB commits to the QB dump the pass of to TG or LJ in the flat and let them do their thing for a first down.

yup :sign0098:

jerhart
06-13-2008, 06:51 PM
GO CHIEFS!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
06-14-2008, 04:30 AM
GO CHIEFS!!!:yahoo:

OTR Chiefs fan
06-14-2008, 12:19 PM

I agree. It's good to see that they opening up the offense, adding some new wrinkles to it. It's sorely needed. The more unpredictable we are as an offense the better off will be. :D

tornadospotter
06-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I agree. It's good to see that they opening up the offense, adding some new wrinkles to it. It's sorely needed. The more unpredictable we are as an offense the better off will be. :D
Especially now that they have simplified the Offense, which I am assuming or readied, somewhere, that they are doing away with allot of the pre snap motions.

milkman
06-15-2008, 12:11 PM

I watched a couple of games, and watched his combine workout and was calling him a tackle before anyone, including Mayock and the rest of the draft gurus.

I selected him in a mock draft for the Steelers at #23, suggesting the Steelers would see his tackle potential.

This guy will be, imo, the best LT to come out of this draft.

OTR Chiefs fan
06-15-2008, 12:30 PM
I watched a couple of games, and watched his combine workout and was calling him a tackle before anyone, including Mayock and the rest of the draft gurus.

I selected him in a mock draft for the Steelers at #23, suggesting the Steelers would see his tackle potential.

This guy will be, imo, the best LT to come out of this draft.

I certainly hope so. We need somebody to step in and step up at that position. :D

Seek
06-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Especially now that they have simplified the Offense, which I am assuming or readied, somewhere, that they are doing away with allot of the pre snap motions.

I have also read that simplifying the actual name of the plays. Instead of rattling of a paragraph of code to set up the formation there is one key word the describes the formation and it is helping Croyle know where the players are supposed to be lined up.

They said the play book is now about half the size it was before, simply because of that.

m0ef0e
06-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe a better grasp of the play book will help Brodie's confidence, as well.

Coach
06-17-2008, 07:02 PM
I have also read that simplifying the actual name of the plays. Instead of rattling of a paragraph of code to set up the formation there is one key word the describes the formation and it is helping Croyle know where the players are supposed to be lined up.

They said the play book is now about half the size it was before, simply because of that.

What a novel idea!!! You'd think that would have happened last year since we were playing a rookie.