PDA

View Full Version : LeCharles Bentley

texaschief
06-11-2008, 04:05 PM
RIGHT NOW!!!! SIGN HIM RIGHT NOW!!!!

He doesn't have an opening to play for the Browns right now and asked for his release and promptly received it.

The Chiefs could use his talent on the line right now. He hasn't played in two years, but he WILL be ready to play in 2008. He was a 2nd round pick in 2002 and would be an asset to our line.

He is a high risk, high reward player. After being injured for the past two years, he'll be cheap. But he has plenty of talent.

Just thought it would help our depleted Oline.

DrunkHillbilly
06-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I agree!!!!!!!

Chiefster
06-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't know; I think it would take a while to shake off two years of rust, aside from the fact that he does appear to be injury prone.

Coach
06-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I would think there would be many teams looking at him. Hopefully the Chiefs pull the trigger. Injuries will happen this year and we could definitely use some depth.

Chiefster
06-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I would think there would be many teams looking at him. Hopefully the Chiefs pull the trigger. Injuries will happen this year and we could definitely use some depth.

Good point. What concerns my is the fact that he has set out two seasons with injuries of his own. Wonder what his price tag would be?

DrunkHillbilly
06-12-2008, 12:53 AM
I don't know; I think it would take a while to shake off two years of rust, aside from the fact that he does appear to be injury prone.
This guy with his eyes rusted shut would be as good or better than what we have!!

rbedgood
06-12-2008, 01:32 AM
He wasn't really injured the past two years...he was sick. Not that it makes him any less prone to being rusty, etc., but he's not coming off football injuries etc. He had a bad staph infection. No problem with knees, etc.

texaschief
06-12-2008, 01:43 AM
He wasn't really injured the past two years...he was sick. Not that it makes him any less prone to being rusty, etc., but he's not coming off football injuries etc. He had a bad staph infection. No problem with knees, etc.

how many times are you going to use "etc?" etc. :lol:

rbedgood
06-12-2008, 01:48 AM
how many times are you going to use "etc?" etc. :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah, etc....:D

CHIEFCANNON
06-12-2008, 02:24 AM
Do the Chiefs have the stones to do it? Bentley is better in a wheel chair than Svitek on his best day.:wheelchair: :11: :bananen_smilies046:

Three7s
06-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Chiefster is better than Svitek, I bet! In the wheelchair, of course!:wheelchair:

chief31
06-12-2008, 06:14 AM
This can not happen. Because then, I would feel better about the team. :lol:

Honestly, the guy will come at a bargain price, and was recently considered the top C in the game. (By many)

I would be thrilled to see this happen, but refuse to continue to tease myself.

Canada
06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
I will tease you then!! You are ugly and your mother dresses you funny!! :P

greg3564
06-12-2008, 12:09 PM
The guy is going to be 29 in November. Add that to his questionable knee and not playing for two years. I don't think the Chiefs will be interested. Especially since they are insistent on "going younger." By the time time the Chiefs are real playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons, Bentley will be past his prime.

tornadospotter
06-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Do the Chiefs have the stones to do it? Bentley is better in a wheel chair than Svitek on his best day.:wheelchair: :11: :bananen_smilies046:
CP?? no!!!

Chiefster
06-12-2008, 11:09 PM
CP?? no!!!

Eggsactly!

chief31
06-13-2008, 02:11 AM
The guy is going to be 29 in November. Add that to his questionable knee and not playing for two years. I don't think the Chiefs will be interested. Especially since they are insistent on "going younger." By the time time the Chiefs are real playoff contenders in 2-3 seasons, Bentley will be past his prime.

While I am sure that you are right about the Chiefs not getting him, and the reasons, I am pretty sure that 32 (3 1/2 years from now) is still a prime age for an offensive lineman. Nearing the end, but still more than capable, as far as ability goes, in most cases.

Seek
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM

I am not a doctor and have not seen his medical records, but from what I have read on him. He was out due to knee injuries. He tore his Patela something, and reinjured it again trying to come back on it, and while going through surgery the second time he developed the staff infection from the surgery.

Still, injury or not. He passed his physical from the Brown prior to being cut. What will it hurt to have him on the team. It is a risky, but possibly rewarding signing.

OTR Chiefs fan
06-14-2008, 11:52 AM

Don't count on it. CP and Herm are committed to the youth movement. I think he could be used as a back up where he wouldn't play every down and maybe spare the knee a little bit and give us some depth. But at this stage I don't think CP and Herm are thinking in that direction. :D

Coach
06-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Don't count on it. CP and Herm are committed to the youth movement. I think he could be used as a back up where he wouldn't play every down and maybe spare the knee a little bit and give us some depth. But at this stage I don't think CP and Herm are thinking in that direction. :D

I would doubt they are as concerned with a youth movement on the o-line as they are with other skill positions.

texaschief
06-14-2008, 11:40 PM
I would doubt they are as concerned with a youth movement on the o-line as they are with other skill positions.

Agreed. Age is probably not as big a deal on the O-line. Half the starting O-line is over 30.

*See:
Damion McIntosh 31
Brian Waters 31
Tony Gonzalez 32

milkman
06-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Agreed. Age is probably not as big a deal on the O-line. Half the starting O-line is over 30.

*See:
Damion McIntosh 31
Brian Waters 31
Tony Gonzalez 32

My money says that Damion McIntosh is riding the pine by mid season, at the latest, and would not be surprised to see him riding the pine at the start of the season.

This doesn't even take into account that he probably watches from the sidelines when he breaks his glass vagina again.

OTR Chiefs fan
06-15-2008, 11:35 AM
My money says that Damion McIntosh is riding the pine by mid season, at the latest, and would not be surprised to see him riding the pine at the start of the season.

This doesn't even take into account that he probably watches from the sidelines when he breaks his glass vagina again.

That's cold brother, cold! :lol: