PDA

View Full Version : Hope the opener is a blowout....

texaschief
06-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I found this on PFT:

In response to our rant about the possibility that PSLs will squeeze out of the stadium the blue-collar fans who helped make the game what it is, a fan of the Chiefs has pointed out to us some other evidence of a fundamental change in the manner in which folks are now expected to watch live football.

In a “Chiefs Fan Code of Conduct,” folks attending home games are told that Arrowhead Stadium staff will “proactively intervene” to prevent behaviors such as . . . drum roll, please . . . standing.

We’ve been to enough football games to know that it can be a pain in the arse when the guys in front of you decide to stand up, if for example the road team is facing third down and seven in the fourth quarter of a tie game. But that’s football. The easy answer? Stand up, too. And if you don’t like all of the sitting and standing, then don’t go to a football game (or to a Catholic church — rim shot).

The Chiefs also have set up a text-messaging system that allows fans who might be offended by behaviors like standing to report the situation to the powers-that-be. It provides the non-confrontational types who might be offended by sitting a way to tattle while still maintaining plausible deniability.

We don’t mean to pick on the Chiefs here. For all we know, every other team prohibits standing as well. (We welcome PFT Planet to post links in the comments to any other no-standing policies from other venues.)

And maybe, down the road, it’s just another way to raise money. Fans will be able to stand.

If they’ve purchased a Personal Standing License.

Does anyone know more about this and the details of why the Chiefs don't want ppl standing during the games?

Chiefster
06-28-2008, 03:03 PM
I found this on PFT:

In response to our rant about the possibility that PSLs will squeeze out of the stadium the blue-collar fans who helped make the game what it is, a fan of the Chiefs has pointed out to us some other evidence of a fundamental change in the manner in which folks are now expected to watch live football.

In a “Chiefs Fan Code of Conduct,” folks attending home games are told that Arrowhead Stadium staff will “proactively intervene” to prevent behaviors such as . . . drum roll, please . . . standing.

We’ve been to enough football games to know that it can be a pain in the arse when the guys in front of you decide to stand up, if for example the road team is facing third down and seven in the fourth quarter of a tie game. But that’s football. The easy answer? Stand up, too. And if you don’t like all of the sitting and standing, then don’t go to a football game ...

Exactly! Good post! :sign0098:

milkman
06-28-2008, 03:04 PM
That rule about standing has been in place for years and years.

Chiefster
06-28-2008, 03:07 PM

It is probably one of those uninforcible kind of things. I've only been to one Chiefs game and it was preseason so it really wasn't an issue.

tornadospotter
06-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Not enforcible!!! They try to enforce the no standing on top of the seats in the student section of Nebraska memorial stadium! The student get down till the enforcers move down or up a few rows. Then there back up standing on the bench seats! Would be a good job if you want plenty of exercise! Climbing up and down the steps over and over again!

hermhater
06-28-2008, 10:02 PM
This is a joke.

Just try to keep the fans at Arrowhead in their seats, and we will see what happens.

I hadn't read anything about this, but if it's true then then Carl and Clark have made a serious friggin' mistake.

Three7s
06-29-2008, 12:24 AM
Don't worry about it guys, it won't be easy for them to keep 80k+ fans in their seats. I say sit and stand when you please!

OTR Chiefs fan
06-29-2008, 11:09 AM
Don't worry about it guys, it won't be easy for them to keep 80k+ fans in their seats. I say sit and stand when you please!

I agree. It's probably one of the rules that in the books just so they can say that we have something in place to cover that situation and then never giving any thought to enforcing it. And how could they? :D

Guru
06-29-2008, 09:07 PM
This rule has always been there. Heck, they even mention it over the PA system prior to games.

The main rule of thumb, be like dominos. If they are standing, stand. If they fall to their butts, do the same.

BUT.... If it is one of the PIVOTAL plays of the game. STAND and YELL your *** off!!!! If we are on defense that is. heh

Chiefster
06-30-2008, 11:14 PM
This rule has always been there. Heck, they even mention it over the PA system prior to games.

The main rule of thumb, be like dominos. If they are standing, stand. If they fall to their butts, do the same.

BUT.... If it is one of the PIVOTAL plays of the game. STAND and YELL your *** off!!!! If we are on defense that is. heh

Precisely my fellow aging Chiefs fan! :D

Three7s
07-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Precisely my fellow aging Chiefs fan! :D
We all have eternal youth, you're the only old one around here!

tornadospotter
07-01-2008, 12:45 AM
We all have eternal youth, you're the only old one around here!
:11: ughmm!!!!:wheelchair:
I am still here, but I am 29 and some!!!!!!

rbedgood
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
:11: ughmm!!!!:wheelchair:
I am still here, but I am 29 and some!!!!!!

You do know that when Wski Girl gets to 29 that won't work anymore...you'll have to start being her brother instead of her pops.

hermhater
07-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Some of the fan base that is infesting Arrowhead in the past decade needs to get their head out of their asses.

Doing the wave while out Offense is on the field during critical downs?

That is just moronic.

Seek
07-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Some of the fan base that is infesting Arrowhead in the past decade needs to get their head out of their asses.

Doing the wave while out Offense is on the field during critical downs?

That is just moronic.

I am glad someone else is *****ing about this. I am usually very vocal to those in my section about this ignorant decisions to run the wave while on offense. I think they join in just to despite me. Flipping idiots. Man that gets my blood boiling.

Seek
07-01-2008, 02:22 PM

They are actually trying to inforce this rule this year by boring the fans into their seats.

wolfpack
07-02-2008, 10:31 AM
yahoo has nothing better to write about. this rule has been in place for years and of all the games i`ve been to i`ve never seen it used.
probably written by the queen himself because he`s getting tired of seeing people stand up and flip him off.

novachief
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
if you are going to sit down then stay home!!

Dyno-Mite
07-02-2008, 08:03 PM
How the ish is the Home opener going to be a blowout while facing Tom Brady?!:mad:

Canada
07-02-2008, 08:49 PM
How the ish is the Home opener going to be a blowout while facing Tom Brady?!:mad:

We play the Gayders at the home opener dumb****.

rbedgood
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM

We play the Gayders at the home opener dumb****.

Someone suspend Grbac for 2 weeks for stupidity...key word and he wrote it is HOME.

Glad to see the filter is working, should help keep Canada under control...

Canada
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
not if I say ****

Chiefster
07-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Someone suspend Grbac for 2 weeks for stupidity...key word and he wrote it is HOME.

Glad to see the filter is working, should help keep Canada under control...

Gees, I wish that was a criteria for suspension; unfortunately being very uninformed is not against the rules.

Dyno-Mite
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
My Bad B.

Chiefster
07-02-2008, 11:17 PM
My Bad B.

Hey, we're all human. Self realization is half the battle. :D

Dyno-Mite
07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
I still remember that superior blowout that we delivered to the Niners when Damon was our quarterback.We blew them out 41-0 while at Arrowhead stadium.That game was banging.

rbedgood
07-03-2008, 04:18 PM
I still remember that superior blowout that we delivered to the Niners when Damon was our quarterback.We blew them out 41-0 while at Arrowhead stadium.That game was banging.

Sorry in advance to everyone else, but Grbac needs a lashing

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/07/2.jpg

Old enough to remember these??? Jacka$$.

Dyno-Mite
07-03-2008, 06:58 PM

What the F you nagging bout??!!!!!

Chiefster
07-04-2008, 12:09 AM

...Point well taken my Niners lovin friend. :) I think that in the future the sites ignore feature with regards to Grbac would be a function well utilized. I think that anyone who idolizes Elvis Grbac can't be taken too seriously.

Three7s
07-04-2008, 12:10 AM
...Point well taken my Niners lovin friend. :) I think that in the future the sites ignore feature with regards to Grbac would be a function well utilized. I think that anyone who idolizes Elvis Grbac can't be taken too seriously.
I wouldn't ignore him because his posts are just so funny. In the obvious kind of way........:fatlock:

Chiefster
07-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't ignore him because his posts are just so funny. In the obvious kind of way........:fatlock:

:lol: Yeah, I agree except he has shown the propensity to get under peoples skin, and it simply isn't worth the time and effort it takes to argue with him. :D