PDA

View Full Version : W......t.......f!!!!!!!!

jakesmith
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Fans-are-asked-to-treat-Chiefs-games-like-bowlin?urn=nfl,91291

What the HELL is King Carl doing now!!!!

Chiefster
07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Completely unenforceable.

jakesmith
07-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Completely unenforceable.

That goes without saying. But the fact aht they even try is stupid. :mob:

Chiefster
07-01-2008, 10:19 PM
That goes without saying. But the fact aht they even try is stupid. :mob:

The rule, from what I understand, has been in place for simply years. Unless they're prepared to bring in the military, there is no way they are clearing the stadium of 80,000+ people for standing.

Oh, and Carl's an idiot.

YZILLA
07-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Its total Horse**** ! Sorry for the language !

Guru
07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
The whole thing is laughable.

tornadospotter
07-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Well if i want to sit for the whole game, I will, If I want to stand up an cheer I will, if I want to stand for the whole game and if it does't bother the the fans behind me I will, and if I sit behind HH, it will not matter if I stand or sit, I will still see the game!!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

rbedgood
07-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Just think HH can stand and no one will notice...

Coach
07-02-2008, 08:36 PM
If they enforce it, people will stop going. Then they will wake the f up and realize what they've done and stop enforcing it. Hopefully it won't be too late.

If this season starts poorly, I would not be surprised if the Chiefs start having some attendence issues. This new rule will only compound the issue. Something like "You can come to the game, just don't have too much fun." Don't stand up and cheer for your team.

This may be the straw that broke Carl's back if they enforce it. I'll be standing on opening day, guaranteed. If I wanted to sit on my butt, I'd stay in the parking lot and watch it on tv.

rbedgood
07-02-2008, 09:05 PM
If they enforce it, people will stop going. Then they will wake the f up and realize what they've done and stop enforcing it. Hopefully it won't be too late.

If this season starts poorly, I would not be surprised if the Chiefs start having some attendence issues. This new rule will only compound the issue. Something like "You can come to the game, just don't have too much fun." Don't stand up and cheer for your team.

This may be the straw that broke Carl's back if they enforce it. I'll be standing on opening day, guaranteed. If I wanted to sit on my butt, I'd stay in the parking lot and watch it on tv.

I like to sit on my butt, eat and watch the game on my HDTV...but that's just me. When I go to a game it is usually high school or college and sitting is for...(well I'll cut that one off before I get in trouble)

Chiefster
07-02-2008, 10:46 PM
The whole thing is laughable.

Very much so.

Well if i want to sit for the whole game, I will, If I want to stand up an cheer I will, if I want to stand for the whole game and if it does't bother the the fans behind me I will, and if I sit behind HH, it will not matter if I stand or sit, I will still see the game!!
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude that's wrong...funny though! :D

Seek
07-08-2008, 01:52 PM
I don't mean to be giving anyone a lesson or stepping on the veterans toes, but it is my understanding that this new rule, is being enforced to the teams by the NFL. The Teams have the right to enforce this rule much like banning the Gary Glitter song after touch downs.

I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I would think the NFL had more important issues to handle like allowing players to have long hair down to their bottoms.

luv
07-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't see why people would freak out over it. I'm sure it's in there just to cover their asses should anyone ever have a problem with the people in front of them refusing to sit down at all. Just like smoking. People do it all the time, and it only gets enforced whenever someone complains about it.

Seek
07-08-2008, 02:14 PM
I don't see why people would freak out over it. I'm sure it's in there just to cover their asses should anyone ever have a problem with the people in front of them refusing to sit down at all. Just like smoking. People do it all the time, and it only gets enforced whenever someone complains about it.

People are upset about it because this is a statement that the Chiefs/NFL are intentionally attacking part of the environment that many Chiefs Fans take Pride in being part of. The loudest stadium in the NFL. Sitting people down on their hands and putting them to sleep along with the boring style of play that Herm bring to the table is going to kill the arrowhead experience.

It is the same thing as wearing White at the home opener. You don't mess with Tradition.

They are asking Arrowhead to become a Cheese and Wine fans that now reside at Invesco Field.

tornadospotter
07-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Top of the Mornin’: Chiefs fans can still stand at games

By JEFFREY FLANAGAN

The Kansas City Star

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/07/07/22/803-White_Frank_BW_07-08-2008_CT5A7GM.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg (http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2008/07/07/22/368-White_Frank_BW_07-08-2008_CT5A7GM.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg)

Rest easy, Chiefs fans. You may stand during Chiefs games.

There has been a buzz on the Internet recently about a certain item within the Chiefs “Fan Code of Conduct,” which is posted on the team’s Web site. That item had stated that the Arrowhead Stadium staff this season will proactively intervene with fans who are “standing and/or obstructing the view of other fans.”

Of course, that’s not exactly what the Chiefs meant, and upon further review, the language of the policy was changed last week to read “continuous standing and/or obstructing the view of other fans.”

“It was never our intent to try and legislate when fans can stand or not,” Chiefs director of public relations Bob Moore said. “We want fans on their feet and cheering. That’s what Arrowhead is all about, and that’s what has given us a home-field advantage.

“We just want fans to show some common sense and courtesy. Not everyone, especially some of the elderly or the young children, can stand the entire game. Take into consideration the guy sitting behind you.”

Moore said the Chiefs are not the only team posting a fan code of conduct.

“There was a letter sent out by the commissioner to all NFL teams recently,” Moore said. “The commissioner is putting a point of emphasis on fan conduct. And every team has probably tweaked their code of conduct to suit their specific issues.”
Part of the Raiders’ fan code of conduct, for example, states that fans can get kicked out by “refusal to remove or turn inside-out clothing deemed offensive or obscene upon request by stadium personnel.”

Part of the Steelers’ fan code of conduct frowns on “displays of affection not appropriate in a public setting.”
“We also want our fans to know,” Moore said, “that there is a way to text stadium personnel about potential problems. If you’re at a game and you notice someone around you who is being unruly or is using abusive language, you can text stadium personnel to deal with the problem.

“If you’re caught in that situation, this way you won’t have to confront the other individual, or maybe have to leave your children to find some stadium personnel to deal with it. You can just text.”

Frank White’s statue

Frank White got a mention in the Los Angeles Times in a story about how baseball teams love putting statues outside their stadiums.
Referring to his own statue outside Kauffman Stadium, White said, “It’s still hard to believe. Every time I come down the hill and I drive by it, I still get that same humbling experience.
“Sometimes when I come in, if there are (fans) around it, I’ll stop and go and shake their hand and take a picture with them. I think that’s kind of cool.”

@ Go to KansasCity.com to read more news and notes from Top of the Mornin’ columnist Jeffrey Flanagan in his new blog, "Over the Top."

Chiefster
07-15-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't mean to be giving anyone a lesson or stepping on the veterans toes, but it is my understanding that this new rule, is being enforced to the teams by the NFL. The Teams have the right to enforce this rule much like banning the Gary Glitter song after touch downs.

I don't know the reasoning behind it, but I would think the NFL had more important issues to handle like allowing players to have long hair down to their bottoms.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't imagine too many people having a big problem standing throughout most of the game.