PDA

View Full Version : Is Herm Edwards The Antichrist Of Chiefs Or The Savior?

KiNgSmOkEy
07-11-2008, 12:13 AM
OVER THESE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WITH HERM UNDER THE HELM THERE S ONE THING THATS BEEN CONSISTANT. THAT MY THOUGHTS ON HIM HAVE BEEN ANY THING BUT CONSISTANT. WHICH GOT ME WONDERING IS HERM LEADING US INTO ABYSS OR IN TO THE FOOTBALL LIGHT WE CALL A FUTURE SUPERBOWL? I WILL BREAK THIS DOWN IN EQUATION AS BAD HERM vs GOOD HERM TO TRY TO FIGURE OUT THIS ANSWER.

BAD HERM: HERM TRADES JARED ALLEN. THIS COULD POTENTIALLY SEAL HERMS FATE IF ALLEN BECOMES THE NEXT REGGIE WHITE AND THE ROOKIES DONT PRODUCE.

GOOD HERM: BECAUSE OF THE ALLEN TRADE, HERM WAS ABLE TO DRAFT TO KEY 1ST RD PICKUPS. THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE ALBERT AND DORSEY COULD MAN BOTH OF THE LINES FOR YEARS TO COME AND BECOME THE CONERSTONE OF A GREAT FRANCHISE.

BAD HERM: HERM PROMISES A STRONG DRAFT ON OFFENSIVE LINEMAN AND DOES NOT DELIVER. ALTHOUGH ALBERT SHOULD BE GOOD, HERM DID NOT REBUILD THE LINE THROUGH THE DRAFT LIKE I WOULD LIKE.

GOOD HERM: EVEN THOUGH I FEEL WE SHOULD OF DRAFTED MORE O-LINE PLAYERS, IT STILL NEEDS TO BE SAID THAT THE CHIEFS HAD THE BEST OVERALL DRAFT THIS YEAR IN THE NFL.

BAD HERM: HERM AND PETERSON ALLOW MANY KEY FREE AGENT ACCQUISITIONS TO GET AWAY AND DONT GO AFTER MANY OTHERS. INCLUDING FANECA WHO I SO DESPERATELY WANTED!

GOOD HERM: HERM (SAYS REBUILDING THROUGH THE DRAFT IS THE WAY TO GO.) I ALSO BELIEVE IN THAT A 100% BUT I STILL THINK THERE WERE KEY FREE AGENTS WE MISSED OUT ON.

BAD HERM: HERM SEEMES TO LET PROVEN TALENT GO JUST TO MAKE THE ROSTER APPEAR YOUNGER. EXAMPLE: TYNES, YOU CANT TELL ME MEDLOCK WAS BETTER THEN HIM. HE COULDNT MAKE ANY THING!

GOOD HERM: THE TRENT GREEN TRADE. NOW LOOKING AT IT SEEMS THE RIGHT THING SEEING HIS DECLINE IN MIAMI. BUT WAS GREENS DECLINE IN THE FIRST PLACE HERMS FAULT. CONSIDERING HIS REP TO GET ALL QBs KILLED!

BAD HERM: AS I SAID BEFORE EVERY WHERE HERM GOES HIS STARTING QUARTER BACK GOES DOWN(PENNINGTON, GREEN) AND I DONT THINK ITS A COINCIDENT. MORE LIKE A OVER LACKING CREATIVITY ON OFFENCE WITH ALL OF HIS TEAMS.
HAPPENS WITH DEFESIVE MINDED COACHES OFTEN.

GOOD HERM: ALTHOUGH HERM GETS HIS STARTERS HURT HE SEEMS TO FIND A WAY TO STILL WIN WITH BACKUP QBs( exaple:HUARD). BUT IS IT WORTH NEVER HAVING A PROVEN CONSISTANT QB?

WELL THERE YOU HAVE IT. I STILL DONT KNOW WHICH HE IS, A GODSENT OR A CURSE! BUT I DO KNOW THIS IF HE DOES LEAD US INTO ABYSS. ARROWHEAD WILL RISE LIKE A THE RED SEA CALLING FOR THE IMMEDIATE DEPARTURE OF COACH HERM EDWARDS!

:mob:

BUT IN THE CHANCE THAT HE IS OUR SAVIOR AND DOES SHOW US THE LIGHT. THAT GLEEM! THAT MAGNIFICENT LIGHT REFLECTING OFF THE SUPERBOWL TROPHY! THAT ALL OF KC SO DESPARATELY WISHES FOR!
THEN IT WILL NEVER GET OLD DRINKING BEER AND CELEBRATING HERM EDWARDS AS OUR SUPERBOWL SAVIOR!

:11: :bananen_smilies046: :yahoo:

KiNgSmOkEy
07-11-2008, 12:29 AM
sorry, i was in a hurry and spelled certain words wrong. Including consistent!

Guru
07-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Curse

Seek
07-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Season opener his first year here, he killed the enthusiasm in the crowd by wearing White Jersey's. He killed a Chiefs Tradition his very first game. Trent got hurt and we blew a lead.

He talked about doing it again last year and Carl vetoed him.

greg3564
07-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Edwards is overrated. He obviously hired a really good PR team and has buddies that are radio and TV announcers that boost his rep. Because he has shown little in accomplishments in 7 years as a head coach. Regular season win-loss of 52-60 and .464 percentage. Playoff record of 2-4 and .333 percentage. He's won 1 Divisional Championship in 7 years. Just look at his rollercoaster seasons and you know he's not a solid coach.

Guru
07-12-2008, 01:30 AM
Season opener his first year here, he killed the enthusiasm in the crowd by wearing White Jersey's. He killed a Chiefs Tradition his very first game. Trent got hurt and we blew a lead.

He talked about doing it again last year and Carl vetoed him.

I wanted his head on a lance for that BS.:mob:

KiNgSmOkEy
07-12-2008, 04:50 AM
I got a be honest if Herm wins then i love him but something about him just irratates me................... I miss Vermeil.

OTR Chiefs fan
07-12-2008, 12:40 PM
My feeling on Herm is as follows: I think he's a good evaulator of talent for the draft. I think he's shown that since he's been here. But I don't think he's a good game time coach and doesn't use his players effectively. The loss of Allen was a big blow for the defense. I think it will set the defense back this year, until the rookies get up to speed. Which I think we have the talent on that side of the ball to become a very good defense. But before the Allen trade I was counting on the defense to keep us in some games while the offense got up to speed. But now I could see us having a rough first half of next season and then hopefully gelling the last half. CP and Herm seem so bent on the youth movement at the expense of letting key veterans go that could at least keep us competitive. Overall, I don't think Herm makes a good head coach because he doesn't seem to be able to handle all aspects of that position adequately. :D

milkman
07-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't think Herman ****ing Edwards is either the antichrist or the savior.

A better analogy will be Moses.

He has lead us out of captivity from our oppressor (Carl), but will never himself enter the promised land when his people finally get there.

jerhart
07-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I got a be honest if Herm wins then i love him but something about him just irratates me................... I miss Vermeil.

I miss Marty-Ball :( ....go ahead, flame me! :sign0023:

milkman
07-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I miss Marty-Ball :( ....go ahead, flame me! :sign0023:

Yeah, cause mediocrity rules!!!!!!!

I miss Hank.

hermhater
07-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Herm Edwards is a traitor.

I still do not consider him a part of the KC Chiefs.

KiNgSmOkEy
07-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Of course hank is great! But i will say this like him or not Marty is a great coach. You cant denie that every where he goes he rebuilds the franchise into a great team if not a powerhouse. Its because he undestands the basics of basics. That the line is the most important position in the game, on offence and defence! Too many coaches get upsessed with the skill postion players and then wonder why there team doesnt win when they look so good on paper. And yes i know hes never won the big one.. but wouldnt u rather have him on your team when he does?

Three7s
07-13-2008, 01:58 AM
The problem with Marty is he doesn't know how to coach in the playoffs, waaaaay too conservative.

Seek
07-13-2008, 02:42 AM

Herm has gone the record saying he was raised a Raiders fan. Something just isn't right having a Raider Fan as a coach...

I also don't consider him a Chief. You can see in his actions and words, that it is just a job to him. He doesn't understand what it means to be a Chief.

KiNgSmOkEy
07-13-2008, 05:15 AM
The problem with Marty is he doesn't know how to coach in the playoffs, waaaaay too conservative.
He is way too coservative in the playoffs but i still think he can win it all eventually. He just needs a solid kicker under pressure to benefit his style of play.

milkman
07-13-2008, 09:23 AM
He is way too coservative in the playoffs but i still think he can win it all eventually. He just needs a solid kicker under pressure to benefit his style of play.

That's the problem.

His style of play allows lesser teams to stay in games.

Kickers are going to let you down.
It's inevitable.

Even Jan Stenerud, the only kicker in the HoF missed crucial kicks.

See Christmas day 1971.

chief31
07-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Marty would get your team to the playoffs every year. (For the most part.)

That's a good thing. I want as many chances to win it, as I can get.

The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl. It's a bit of a crap-shoot. So, let me throw the dice every year, over getting to throw them once in a while.

Marty has cerrtainly had his problems with the playoffs, but he told everyone, before the '06 playoff game, that he wasn't going to get involved with the offensive side of the ball. Then, afterward, took full credit for what happened.

He was protecting his staff. He threw himself under the bus, instead of whoever else he could find to throw under it.

He's a stand-up guy, and a very good football coach.

But I'll take Bill Cowher anyday. :D

milkman
07-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Marty would get your team to the playoffs every year. (For the most part.)

That's a good thing. I want as many chances to win it, as I can get.

The best team doesn't always win the Super Bowl. It's a bit of a crap-shoot. So, let me throw the dice every year, over getting to throw them once in a while.

Marty has cerrtainly had his problems with the playoffs, but he told everyone, before the '06 playoff game, that he wasn't going to get involved with the offensive side of the ball. Then, afterward, took full credit for what happened.

He was protecting his staff. He threw himself under the bus, instead of whoever else he could find to throw under it.

He's a stand-up guy, and a very good football coach.

But I'll take Bill Cowher anyday. :D

I respect what Marty accomplished in the regular season, but the fact is, he always finds a way to lose in the playoffs.

This is not an opinion.
This is fact.

Marty has the worst playoff record in NFL history.

He has won more games than any coach in NFL history among those that have never appeared in the SB, or League Championship.

jerhart
07-13-2008, 11:00 AM
...again, I'll still take Marty, I just feel that is when Arrowhead was at it's scariest to opposing teams. Now, teams dont fear Arrowhead at all...

milkman
07-13-2008, 11:07 AM
...again, I'll still take Marty, I just feel that is when Arrowhead was at it's scariest to opposing teams. Now, teams dont fear Arrowhead at all...

That's your choice, and that's cool.

I, however, would rather take my chances with someone that hasn't proven they know how to lose in the playoffs.

Seek
07-13-2008, 12:25 PM
That's your choice, and that's cool.

I, however, would rather take my chances with someone that hasn't proven they know how to lose in the playoffs.

Herm and Marty are essentially the same. Their conservative approach will get them to the play offs but fail because they can't compete against the over all balanced teams who can afford to take risk, because they have the talent to do so.

rbedgood
07-13-2008, 04:40 PM

ummm...let's see a traitor is 'one of your own, that has turned against you'...so if you don't consider Herm to have ever been a Chief, I'd suggest you consider him a double agent, or a spy.

Herm and Marty are essentially the same. Their conservative approach will get them to the play offs but fail because they can't compete against the over all balanced teams who can afford to take risk, because they have the talent to do so.

I'll go a step further...Herm, Marty and Cowher are all the same guy. The difference lies in that Herm fails to put players in a situation to succeed and fails in the regular season. Marty fails to inspire players in pressure situations and fails in the playoffs, and Cowher is an intense, crazy mother f---ing SOB, that makes his guys want to run through friggin' brick walls.

They all try to return to a basic power form of football, but the difference isn't so much in playcalling, (although Cowher does have an affinity for the occasional 'trick play), the difference however is in the quality of leadership. When you see Cowher on the sideline yelling and screaming and feeling intense with his players, they soak that crap up. Marty is calm and stoic and there is respect, where Herm is a bit affable and loose and comes across as indifferent. The difference is management style.

Chiefster
07-13-2008, 05:13 PM
ummm...let's see a traitor is 'one of your own, that has turned against you'...so if you don't consider Herm to have ever been a Chief, I'd suggest you consider him a double agent, or a spy.

:lol: Agreed; I'm leaning more towords Anti-savior.

I'll go a step further...Herm, Marty and Cowher are all the same guy. The difference lies in that Herm fails to put players in a situation to succeed and fails in the regular season. Marty fails to inspire players in pressure situations and fails in the playoffs, and Cowher is an intense, crazy mother f---ing SOB, that makes his guys want to run through friggin' brick walls.

...And he has at least won a Super Bowl in recent years.

They all try to return to a basic power form of football, but the difference isn't so much in playcalling, (although Cowher does have an affinity for the occasional 'trick play), the difference however is in the quality of leadership. When you see Cowher on the sideline yelling and screaming and feeling intense with his players, they soak that crap up. Marty is calm and stoic and there is respect, where Herm is a bit affable and loose and comes across as indifferent. The difference is management style.

...Said a mouth full there buddy. :D

Dyno-Mite
07-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Herm isn't the Anti-Christ.He's done a superb job of drafting dominate young blooded players for our franchise.That's highly superb but I find the preseason extremely key involving the QB position.Switching to the 3-4 would be outstanding but Herm lacks skills involving coaching decisions.He made the switch to the 3-4 as the Jets coach and it made there defense completely better.Why doesn't he do the same for our Chief defense.The "New Arrowhead" needs the new 3-4.That will prove the Herm can ultimately be considered as a Saviour for us by making that big move to the 3-4.He is a defensive minded coach,right.

KiNgSmOkEy
07-14-2008, 07:00 PM

HERM IS NOT LIKE MARTY OR COWHER. BECAUSE BOTH OF THOSE GUYS(MARTY,COWHER) REALIZE TO RUN THAT STYLE OF PLAY U HAVE TO HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT VARIBLE TO RUN THE POWER GAME- A GREAT O-LINE! EVERY WHERE TOSE TWO ARE THEY HAVE A DOMINANT LINE! BUT HERM DOES NOT! INFACT, EVERY WHERE HE GOES HIS O-LINE BECOMES QUITE PATHETIC( WHICH IS WHY ALL HIS QUARTERBACKS GET KILLED!) HE ACTS LIKE THE OFFENCE IS A RUBIX CUBE! WHEN INFACT, ITS REALLY A PRETTY SIMPLE PUZZLE, TO RUN THE POWER OFFENCE U NEED THE 5 BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT PIECES OF THE PUZZLE- THE O-LINE!

Seek
07-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Herm isn't the Anti-Christ.He's done a superb job of drafting dominate young blooded players for our franchise.That's highly superb but I find the preseason extremely key involving the QB position.Switching to the 3-4 would be outstanding but Herm lacks skills involving coaching decisions.He made the switch to the 3-4 as the Jets coach and it made there defense completely better.Why doesn't he do the same for our Chief defense.The "New Arrowhead" needs the new 3-4.That will prove the Herm can ultimately be considered as a Saviour for us by making that big move to the 3-4.He is a defensive minded coach,right.

Until this year, I questioned his drafts. There are a few young blooded players. Dominate... That is a bit of a stretch, except for maybe BOWE.

Chiefster
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
HERM IS NOT LIKE MARTY OR COWHER. BECAUSE BOTH OF THOSE GUYS(MARTY,COWHER) REALIZE TO RUN THAT STYLE OF PLAY U HAVE TO HAVE THE MOST IMPORTANT VARIBLE TO RUN THE POWER GAME- A GREAT O-LINE! EVERY WHERE TOSE TWO ARE THEY HAVE A DOMINANT LINE! BUT HERM DOES NOT! INFACT, EVERY WHERE HE GOES HIS O-LINE BECOMES QUITE PATHETIC( WHICH IS WHY ALL HIS QUARTERBACKS GET KILLED!) HE ACTS LIKE THE OFFENCE IS A RUBIX CUBE! WHEN INFACT, ITS REALLY A PRETTY SIMPLE PUZZLE, TO RUN THE POWER OFFENCE U NEED THE 5 BIGGEST AND MOST IMPORTANT PIECES OF THE PUZZLE- THE O-LINE!

Don't mince words now, tell us how you really feel.

...Agreed BTW.

Three7s
07-15-2008, 12:54 AM
The caps isn't pretty, but I agree with every word Smokey said.

jerhart
07-15-2008, 01:22 AM

ya...and I agree about the caps...:mob:

prough91
07-15-2008, 03:41 AM
I would take the Marty years over what we have now. Like Chief 31 said, "let me throw the dice every year, over getting to throw them once in a while", I agree completely.

Three7s
07-15-2008, 04:35 AM
I would take the Marty years over what we have now. Like Chief 31 said, "let me throw the dice every year, over getting to throw them once in a while", I agree completely.
Hey Prough! Haven't seen you post in awhile, welcome back!

chief31
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM

Hey Prough! Haven't seen you post in awhile, welcome back!

Ditto that. Glad you could join us.

Chiefster
07-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Ditto that. Glad you could join us.

Same here! Stick around a while.

milkman
07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Don't mince words now, tell us how you really feel.

...Agreed BTW.

ya...and I agree about the caps...:mob:

You agree?

"Everywhere he goes"

How many everywheres has he gone?

The Jets O-Line was pathetic before he got there.
He just didn't find the right players to fix it.

Terry Bradway played a part in that.

The Chiefs O-Line got old, and Dick and Carl didn't have the team prepared to replace the aging vets.

Three7s
07-16-2008, 12:24 PM
You agree?

"Everywhere he goes"

The Chiefs O-Line got old, and Dick and Carl didn't have the team prepared to replace the aging vets.
He didn't find the right players to fix the O-line, how am I supposed to be comfortable with him rebuilding this team, then?
You're right about Dick and Carl not being prepared, but it's not like Herm couldn't have drafted some guys before now. He waited for far too long.

milkman
07-16-2008, 02:14 PM
He didn't find the right players to fix the O-line, how am I supposed to be comfortable with him rebuilding this team, then?
You're right about Dick and Carl not being prepared, but it's not like Herm couldn't have drafted some guys before now. He waited for far too long.

I think Herman ****ing Edwards strength lies in his ability to evaluate defensive players.

On offense, especially the line, I think that he deferred to Terry Bradway, and Bradway did a terrible job.

Here, in this draft, I think in this draft, he deferred to Kuharich, who has a pretty good history in drafting O-Line talent.

I also think that there were/are so many holes on this roster that the Chiefs had to choose between players who were better at their respective positions and O-Linemen, and the disparity in talent in the spots they were picking forced them to choose the other position.

Chiefster
07-16-2008, 07:17 PM
You agree?...

Yes, I agree that his O-lines tend to be pathetic and his QB's get killed or at least spend the season running for their lives.

chief31
07-17-2008, 12:35 PM
You agree?

"Everywhere he goes"

He failed to find the right players to fix the o-line because he didn't look for them. He spent five years there, and drafted one o-lineman before the fourth round.

He didn't actually fail. He ignored.

I think Herman ****ing Edwards strength lies in his ability to evaluate defensive players.

On offense, especially the line, I think that he deferred to Terry Bradway, and Bradway did a terrible job.

Here, in this draft, I think in this draft, he deferred to Kuharich, who has a pretty good history in drafting O-Line talent.

I also think that there were/are so many holes on this roster that the Chiefs had to choose between players who were better at their respective positions and O-Linemen, and the disparity in talent in the spots they were picking forced them to choose the other position.

Herm knows how to ignore the offensive line like nobody else.

In his first seven years as a head coach, no other team in the entire NFL failed to draft an o-lineman at a higher spot than Herms highest, through those seven years.

The problem was obvious, and that's the kind of emphasis that he put on his o-line. Less than every other team in the league.

This years draft was heralded as one of the deepest OT classes of recent history, by just about everyone who knew how to form an opinion on the matter.

Knowing that the OT spot was easily the biggest need for his team, he drafted a DT, OG, CB, RB, TE, S, WR, CB, OT, WR, DE, TE.

Your biggest team need is at OT, you have several extra picks in the first three rounds and it's a very deep class for OTs.

How do you come up with this... 1 (A). DT, 1 (B) OG, 2. CB, 3 (A) RB, 3 (B) TE, 3 (C) S, 4. WR, 5. CB, 6 (A) OT, 6 (B) WR, 7 (A) DE, 7 (B) TE?

What I find even more amazing, is that after the first day, (Two rounds with no OT) there were still some pretty highly regarded prospects available at OT and we had three early picks to get a choice OT prospect.

We got a RB, a TE and a S.

Even if you are completely in love with the far-fetched notion that the NCAA OG somehow equals a dominant NFL LT, that still left your second, or third biggest team need (Depending upon your choice of OG, or CB) unaddressed, until the sixth round. (an OT)

It is typical, QB-killing, Herm Edwards at his best.

Now, Croyle might as well retire. He will never be given the chance to play NFL QB, because he will be labeled a loser, after his season gets finished in week six.

So, for those of us who feel the need to obtain a top-notch LT, what will The Chiefs draft in the first round of next years draft, regardless of any BPA board?

You can bet your ***, that as long as Herm is still here (Please God, no?) it will not be an OT.

Seek
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
He failed to find the right players to fix the o-line because he didn't look for them. He spent five years there, and drafted one o-lineman before the fourth round.

In his first seven years as a head coach, no other team in the entire NFL failed to draft an o-lineman at a higher spot than Herms highest, through those seven years.

Isn't it obvious. He is a former player and he knows that the game is won with a good secondary and then running the ball 80% of the time, to keep the ball away from the other teams secondary.

milkman
07-17-2008, 11:06 PM

The problem was obvious, and that's the kind of emphasis that he put on his o-line. Less than every other team in the league.

This years draft was heralded as one of the deepest OT classes of recent history, by just about everyone who knew how to form an opinion on the matter.

Knowing that the OT spot was easily the biggest need for his team, he drafted a DT, OG, CB, RB, TE, S, WR, CB, OT, WR, DE, TE.

Your biggest team need is at OT, you have several extra picks in the first three rounds and it's a very deep class for OTs.

How do you come up with this... 1 (A). DT, 1 (B) OG, 2. CB, 3 (A) RB, 3 (B) TE, 3 (C) S, 4. WR, 5. CB, 6 (A) OT, 6 (B) WR, 7 (A) DE, 7 (B) TE?

What I find even more amazing, is that after the first day, (Two rounds with no OT) there were still some pretty highly regarded prospects available at OT and we had three early picks to get a choice OT prospect.

We got a RB, a TE and a S.

Even if you are completely in love with the far-fetched notion that the NCAA OG somehow equals a dominant NFL LT, that still left your second, or third biggest team need (Depending upon your choice of OG, or CB) unaddressed, until the sixth round. (an OT)

It is typical, QB-killing, Herm Edwards at his best.

Now, Croyle might as well retire. He will never be given the chance to play NFL QB, because he will be labeled a loser, after his season gets finished in week six.

So, for those of us who feel the need to obtain a top-notch LT, what will The Chiefs draft in the first round of next years draft, regardless of any BPA board?

You can bet your ***, that as long as Herm is still here (Please God, no?) it will not be an OT.

Well since I had Albert pegged as a LT long before any of the media gurus strated that hype, I am completely in love with that far fetched notion.

I was pimping him as the best LT in this draft as far back as late February.

As for the reast of the picks, there was only one spot that I thought there could have been an O-Line player of equal value where we picked, and that was Jeremy Zuttah instead of Brad Cottam.

And I'm just going strictly by memory, which can be a bit hazy, but I believe that Bradway tried to fix that O-Line in NY through free agency.

chief31
10-08-2008, 08:35 AM
As for the reast of the picks, there was only one spot that I thought there could have been an O-Line player of equal value where we picked, and that was Jeremy Zuttah instead of Brad Cottam.

Like Zuttah wasn't available six picks later, when we added another S.

Oniel Cousins, Anthony Collins and Tony Hills are likely all better players than we are starting on the right side of our offensive line so far.

But then, who needs starters, when we can add some back-ups!