PDA

View Full Version : Priest Holmes Update

YZILLA
05-08-2007, 05:01 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/180/story/96140.html

I would love to see him back again , Even for only a year !

chief31
05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Boy, while I would love to see him, I would suggest, to him, if given the chance, to not come back. The Chiefs offensive line isn't the same and he would take alot more contact. As much as I would love to see him run, I would hate to see him suffer a worse injury, than he has already sustained.

Canada
05-08-2007, 11:56 AM
He isn't going to get hurt for sure (although it is likely), but I am not going to start telling guys not to play cause they might get hurt. The only reason i wouldn't want him back is if he has lost a step. He is a big boy, he knows what happens on the field and if he is healthy and ready to go I say let him play

Chiefster
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
He isn't going to get hurt for sure (although it is likely), but I am not going to start telling guys not to play cause they might get hurt. The only reason i wouldn't want him back is if he has lost a step. He is a big boy, he knows what happens on the field and if he is healthy and ready to go I say let him play

While that is true, and speaking only for myself, I would rather see him walk away from the game as an opposed to wheeling away.

Canada
05-08-2007, 05:09 PM
While that is true, and speaking only for myself, I would rather see him walk away from the game as an opposed to wheeling away.
I agree, all I am saying is that if he is healthy enough to play then why shouldn't he? Any guy that steps out on the field on Sunday could potentially wheel away from the game. I don't want to see anyone get hurt on the field, but I do want to see the great ones play.

Chiefster
05-08-2007, 07:01 PM
I agree, all I am saying is that if he is healthy enough to play then why shouldn't he? Any guy that steps out on the field on Sunday could potentially wheel away from the game. I don't want to see anyone get hurt on the field, but I do want to see the great ones play.

I don't disagree with what you're saying in general, but Priest has had a long running history of neurological injury directly associated with playing football, and is more prone to spinal cord injury then most other players. IMO However, I do understand what you're saying; one only need to look at Dennis Byrd to know that there is a certain amount of risk involved for whomever plays the game.

jgunn1966
05-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to see him in goaline situations with LJ,Tony G. and Bowe. With all those options we would give Defensives fits on who to cover and maybe we wouldn't need three kickers on the team:o.

Chiefster
05-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to see him in goaline situations with LJ,Tony G. and Bowe. With all those options we would give Defensives fits on who to cover and maybe we wouldn't need three kickers on the team:o.

Good point! :D

Coach
05-09-2007, 12:11 AM
He could be a nice change of pace option. But I don't think he will be anything close to the every down back he once was.

Chiefster
05-09-2007, 12:24 AM
He could be a nice change of pace option. But I don't think he will be anything close to the every down back he once was.

Yeah, I don't see that happening.

Coach
05-09-2007, 12:25 AM
I would love to see him cross the line and hear 'TOUCHDOWN KAAAAANNNSSSSASSSS CIIIITTTTTTY one more time.

Chiefster
05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I would love to see him cross the line and hear 'TOUCHDOWN KAAAAANNNSSSSASSSS CIIIITTTTTTY one more time.

I would love to hear that several more times.

Canada
05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I don't disagree with what you're saying in general, but Priest has had a long running history of neurological injury directly associated with playing football, and is more prone to spinal cord injury then most other players. IMO However, I do understand what you're saying; one only need to look at Dennis Byrd to know that there is a certain amount of risk involved for whomever plays the game.
Any guy who runs in the middle is prone to spinal injury, but there is no more risk to Holmes (spinally) than any other player. His neuro problems however are a different story. I just want to see him play (safely) again. He was my favorite RB, I still watch taped games just to see him and I would love to see him again. ...but i am not holding my breath.

Chiefster
05-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Any guy who runs in the middle is prone to spinal injury, but there is no more risk to Holmes (spinally) than any other player. His neuro problems however are a different story. I just want to see him play (safely) again. He was my favorite RB, I still watch taped games just to see him and I would love to see him again. ...but i am not holding my breath.

Yeah I'm doubting seriously that it happens, and I was under the impression that neurological and spinal problems were connected.

Canada
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
can be but don't have to be. Concussions are seperate issues from musculoskeletal injury. A bruising of the spinal canal is pretty serious but he can recover from it.

Chiefster
05-09-2007, 08:02 PM
can be but don't have to be. Concussions are seperate issues from musculoskeletal injury. A bruising of the spinal canal is pretty serious but he can recover from it.

I see. I was thinking that he has a history of this exact same kind of injury.

grimes82
05-11-2007, 03:18 PM
does anyone know when the decision is supposed to be made? I hope he will show up for training camp ready to go.

Chiefster
05-11-2007, 11:11 PM
does anyone know when the decision is supposed to be made? I hope he will show up for training camp ready to go.

It would be nice, but as already stated: "I'm not holding my breath".

Guru
05-12-2007, 02:20 AM
He will have been out of the game for almost 2 years by the time training camp begins. The man is NOT coming back. He would be crazy to try.

Coach
05-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Priest exemplified the importance of waiting for your blockers to do their job. He was one of the most patient runners I have ever seen in the NFL. I'll miss him becvause he isn't coming back IMO.

:football: :smilies_musik12:

Chiefster
05-12-2007, 03:18 PM
He will have been out of the game for almost 2 years by the time training camp begins. The man is NOT coming back. He would be crazy to try.

Priest exemplified the importance of waiting for your blockers to do their job. He was one of the most patient runners I have ever seen in the NFL. I'll miss him becvause he isn't coming back IMO.

:football: :smilies_musik12:

Agreed; Holmes is done. He's had a great career and now it's over.