PDA

View Full Version : Love Em or Hate Em?> Herm Edwards Poll

KiNgSmOkEy
07-13-2008, 05:25 AM
After losses and losses stacked up. After press conferences and press conferences stacked up. After the same old tired answers and more of the same old tired answers stacked up. I started to wonder, why is the media not jumping on him like they do to all the other coaches? And since when did are media start playing so nice? After all they didnt treat Gunther so nice during his head coach stint. And he had a .500 win record as opposed to Hermans not even above water record of a measly 13 to 19 ( not counting his playoff loss). So why is everybody all up on hemrs n*ts!? Am i the only one that feels this way? Which then got me wondering, does all of KC love him? So its simple, put two simple words depending on which you feel.
Love EM or Hate Em!?

Three7s
07-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Trust me, you aren't the only one that hates Herm, most of the members of this forum hate him, including yours truly!

chief31
07-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Hate him.

I don't really hate him. But I hate him being The Chiefs' head coach.

He has never bothered to protect a QB and he blames everyone else for anything that goes wrong.

I've heard him say "That's on me", but he doesn't take credit for the end results of what he makes out of his job.

Actually, if he were a DC, or player-scout, or something else, I would like the guy. He has some fun with what he does.

milkman
07-13-2008, 08:54 AM
I think there a number of reasons that Herman ****ing Edwards hasn't taken any heat yet.

First, this team had only 2 winning seasons in Dicks 5 years.

Second, most observers realized this was an aging team and wre expecting the wheels to fall off even sooner than they did.

Third, most observers thought that Herman ****ing Edwards was handcuffed by Carl before this offseason, so most of the ire about this teams failures have been directed toward Carl.

Fourth, most seem to feel that Herman ****ing Edwards first two drafts were pretty good and are waiting to see them pay dividends.

Fifth, Herman ****ing Edwards is seen as a guy who is bringing defense back to KC, and most are looking toward progress there before jumping off the bandwagon.

I think he'll get a free pass for one more season, but if this team doesn't progress by next season, there will be grumbling.

Of course, if this team does progress, when his in game management starts to cost games, he'll still eventually get the hate.

The thing I find surprising is how little hate Dick received.

He was ****ing useless, but everyone loves Dick.

I couldn't stand Marty.
I couldn't stand ****her.
I couldn't stand Dick.
I can't stand Herman ****ing Edwards.

Carl sucks ***, and he hires suckass coaches.

OTR Chiefs fan
07-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Hate him.

I don't really hate him. But I hate him being The Chiefs' head coach.

He has never bothered to protect a QB and he blames everyone else for anything that goes wrong.

I've heard him say "That's on me", but he doesn't take credit for the end results of what he makes out of his job.

Actually, if he were a DC, or player-scout, or something else, I would like the guy. He has some fun with what he does.

I think there a number of reasons that Herman ****ing Edwards hasn't taken any heat yet.

First, this team had only 2 winning seasons in Dicks 5 years.

Second, most observers realized this was an aging team and wre expecting the wheels to fall off even sooner than they did.

Third, most observers thought that Herman ****ing Edwards was handcuffed by Carl before this offseason, so most of the ire about this teams failures have been directed toward Carl.

Fourth, most seem to feel that Herman ****ing Edwards first two drafts were pretty good and are waiting to see them pay dividends.

Fifth, Herman ****ing Edwards is seen as a guy who is bringing defense back to KC, and most are looking toward progress there before jumping off the bandwagon.

I think he'll get a free pass for one more season, but if this team doesn't progress by next season, there will be grumbling.

Of course, if this team does progress, when his in game management starts to cost games, he'll still eventually get the hate.

The thing I find surprising is how little hate Dick received.

He was ****ing useless, but everyone loves Dick.

I couldn't stand Marty.
I couldn't stand ****her.
I couldn't stand Dick.
I can't stand Herman ****ing Edwards.

Carl sucks ***, and he hires suckass coaches.

These two posts sums up my feelings towards Edwards. I don't hate him, I just don't like him as a head coach. I think he's a great talent evaluator, but just doesn't know how to put all the pieces together effectively. Milkman's points were right on the money on why Herm hasn't taken any heat yet. Oh by the way Milkman, don't sugar coat your feelings, how do you really feel about Hermie-baby! :lol::D

Seek
07-13-2008, 11:31 AM
I hate him. I really think the Chiefs would be better only letting him talk to the media once a week. He lies to much. One day his says one thing. The media discusses all day long, then the next day he is singing a different tune acting like he never said that.

Plus I am tired of hearing how every loss, is just one of those games. Where those happen in NFL. Seriously 8 times in a row isn't just one of those game. There are problems. Don't shrug them off. I hated driving home from Arrowhead after a very boring and frustrating loss, and heard him act like it was no big deal. Those things happen.

Chiefster
07-13-2008, 04:20 PM
As a coach I seriously can't stand the guy.

That is all.

chief addict
07-13-2008, 04:27 PM
You hate Dick Vermeil? He only brought the most exciting chiefs football in ages. Sure, we didn't get far in the playoffs, but we had a chance to win just about every game we played. All we needed was a little help on defense. I'd rather lose 30-27 than 24-3 anyday.

Chiefster
07-13-2008, 04:29 PM
You hate Dick Vermeil? He only brought the most exciting chiefs football in ages. Sure, we didn't get far in the playoffs, but we had a chance to win just about every game we played. All we needed was a little help on defense. I'd rather lose 30-27 than 24-3 anyday.

No I dislike Herm Edwards as a head coach.

...And why? A loss is a loss.

Three7s
07-13-2008, 05:03 PM
No I dislike Herm Edwards as a head coach.

...And why? A loss is a loss.
I think chief addict's comment was directed at milk man, not you!:sign0104:

milkman
07-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I hate him. I really think the Chiefs would be better only letting him talk to the media once a week. He lies to much. One day his says one thing. The media discusses all day long, then the next day he is singing a different tune acting like he never said that.

Plus I am tired of hearing how every loss, is just one of those games. Where those happen in NFL. Seriously 8 times in a row isn't just one of those game. There are problems. Don't shrug them off. I hated driving home from Arrowhead after a very boring and frustrating loss, and heard him act like it was no big deal. Those things happen.

Every coach lies.
It's the nature of the beast.

I just assume when a coach speaks he's lying.

milkman
07-13-2008, 11:03 PM

I grew up watching Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, Buck Buchanon, et al.

Those guys hit you in the mouth,
They beat you into submission.

I love defense.

Dick is a whineyass *****, and his defenses reflected his personality.

They were sorryass excuses for football players.

At least with Marty, we had toughness.
Anyone who knows me knows I can't stand that useless ****er either, but Dick is far worse.

If a real defensive player knocked Dick on his *** he wouldn't recognize him through the tears.

Chiefster
07-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I think chief addict's comment was directed at milk man, not you!:sign0104:

I see; I guess reading really is fundamental! :D

greg3564
07-15-2008, 02:08 AM

You know what Herm Edwards would say about this? "Get over it."

Herm's a real class act. The biggest head coaching fraud I've seen. How many guys get the chance at an 8th season as a head coach with a winning percentage of .464? Hell, how many teams would let a guy return for a 3rd season with a team record of 13-19 and a percentage of .406? Well, for one team, the sad answer is the Chiefs. The other sad thing is we'll most likely have to endure another pathetic season. I hope not, but history has a strange way of repeating itself, especially when the same people still lead the organization and the team.

Three7s
07-15-2008, 03:54 AM

Herm's a real class act. The biggest head coaching fraud I've seen. How many guys get the chance at an 8th season as a head coach with a winning percentage of .464? Hell, how many teams would let a guy return for a 3rd season with a team record of 13-19 and a percentage of .406? Well, for one team, the sad answer is the Chiefs. The other sad thing is we'll most likely have to endure another pathetic season. I hope not, but history has a strange way of repeating itself, especially when the same people still lead the organization and the team.
Not to defend Herm or anything, but Norv Turner wasn't too hot of coach either with his 69-87 record! Though, I still think Norv can't coach, he just had talent on that Charger team, anyways, just thought I'd mention that!

chief31
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Not to defend Herm or anything, but Norv Turner wasn't too hot of coach either with his 69-87 record! Though, I still think Norv can't coach, he just had talent on that Charger team, anyways, just thought I'd mention that!

And they almost crashed, even with all of the talent that they have. Norv sucks, and anything that he accomplishes with the Chargers is to Martys credit, IMO.

chief31
07-15-2008, 09:49 AM
I grew up watching Willie Lanier, Bobby Bell, Buck Buchanon, et al.

Those guys hit you in the mouth,
They beat you into submission.

I love defense.

Dick is a whineyass *****, and his defenses reflected his personality.

They were sorryass excuses for football players.

At least with Marty, we had toughness.
Anyone who knows me knows I can't stand that useless ****er either, but Dick is far worse.

If a real defensive player knocked Dick on his *** he wouldn't recognize him through the tears.

I have yet to meet a Raiders fan who hates the Chiefs as much as you do. :D

Seek
07-15-2008, 11:22 AM

you know what I told Herm. I amover it. Now you get overt his. I didn't renew my tickets and won't consider purchasing rights again until he and CP are both gone. I know many others just in my tailgating family and sections doing the same.

Lets see him getting over an empty or booing stadium. Cause it is going to happen.

m0ef0e
07-15-2008, 11:55 AM
And they almost crashed, even with all of the talent that they have. Norv sucks, and anything that he accomplishes with the Chargers is to Martys credit, IMO.

I agree 100%. I'm not liking Germ but I'd still take him over Norv... he's terribad!

The reason I don't like Hermroid is because of what he does to QB's and RB's both with his neglect of the o-line. I'm not saying that Pennington would have been a superstar by any means but if he had any chance, Herm threw it right out the window.

LJ is talked about as being one of the toughest backs in the league-- a real bruiser. Even he got hurt in Germ's system.

They almost killed Priest by trying to smash him between the tackles 30 times a game after being out for 2 seasons (which really pisses me off). Common sense could have told anybody that we needed to spread the wealth between Kolby and Priest when LJ went down. Herm seems to think that the only way to have success in the running game is to put it ALL squarely on one guy's shoulders 35 times a game, though.

The fact that Curtis Martin gained so many yards while sustaining so many injuries is testimony to his toughness. That guy was made of iron and somebody that resilient is not an easy find. Germ sure tried his hardest to break him and get him killed, though.

You suck, Herm and so does your philosophy and your "game-plan". Get over it, douche bag.

Chiefster
07-15-2008, 09:18 PM

Agreed, and I'm not a big fan of Marty-ball.

milkman
07-16-2008, 10:21 AM
I have yet to meet a Raiders fan who hates the Chiefs as much as you do. :D

Raider fan doesn't know this team as well as me.

milkman
07-16-2008, 10:24 AM

That would be to AJ Smith's credit.

One of the primary reasons that Marty and AJ Smith clashed is that Marty wanted more input into the team's draft, but AJ Smith would have none of it.

Marty is a marginal talent evaluator.

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 12:13 PM
That would be to AJ Smith's credit.

One of the primary reasons that Marty and AJ Smith clashed is that Marty wanted more input into the team's draft, but AJ Smith would have none of it.

Marty is a marginal talent evaluator.
Well not sure about Marty as a talent evaluator, but I am sure about his team leader and play maker evaluations skills. He should have made Gannon the Starting QB!!!! That still ticks me off about the Marty era. :mob:
That being said, I did like him over all as a coach.

milkman
07-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Well not sure about Marty as a talent evaluator, but I am sure about his team leader and play maker evaluations skills. He should have made Gannon the Starting QB!!!! That still ticks me off about the Marty era. :mob:
That being said, I did like him over all as a coach.

The one thing, the only thing, I liked about Marty is that his team was never out toughed.

For that reason, as much as I dislike Marty otherwise, I came to dislike Dick even more.

doomsday
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I think his philosophy is sound. His execution leaves a little to be desired.

AkChief49
07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
was it not a 9 game skid? Hopefully, Chan takes complete control of the offense this season....

chief31
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Raider fan doesn't know this team as well as me.

That is plenty funny right there. :sign0098:

But hating on Vermiel is kind of a lost cause. The man knew how to make a winner.

It may not have come together here, but he proved a knowledge of football that you refuse to accept.

Football isn't all about the hard-hitting defense. His Rams showed us that. There is something more to the game.

Many will case on him fro the drying, but he was an emotional coach, who created real bonds with alot of his players and managed to make a real threat out of some garbage teams.

m0ef0e
07-22-2008, 12:00 PM
At least I felt like Vermiel was an honest guy of good character. Every time I hear Herm talk he seems like a liar. What's with all the stupid analogies for everything that don't even make sense???

HERM: "You have a red car, a blue car, a white car, and another red car. If red car 2 gets a flat tire, that doesn't affect red car 1's chance of winning the race unless red car 1 slams into red car 2 because he is following too closely."

PRESS: "uhhh... Herm? I asked what we were doing about fixing the o-line."

HERM: "So you see, the color of the car doesn't really matter as long as there is a driver."

PRESS: "I give up."

Seek
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
was it not a 9 game skid? Hopefully, Chan takes complete control of the offense this season....

Yes but after the 9th loss, he couldn't say we will fix it next week.

There was more problems with this team than he offense. The defense also gave up, and taking away Jared Allen and having a rookie start at cb isn't going to make the defense any better. Special teams where horrible.

Can't blame last season just on Solari and the offense.

Three7s
07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Yes but after the 9th loss, he couldn't say we will fix it next week.

There was more problems with this team than he offense. The defense also gave up, and taking away Jared Allen and having a rookie start at cb isn't going to make the defense any better. Special teams where horrible.

Can't blame last season just on Solari and the offense.
The big problem on defense was against the run. Other than that, it wasn't bad. I wouldn't really say the defense gave up, it's just that none of the teams knew how bad we were against the run.

Seek
07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
The big problem on defense was against the run. Other than that, it wasn't bad. I wouldn't really say the defense gave up, it's just that none of the teams knew how bad we were against the run.

If the that is the case, I really hope Dorsey can make up for the lack of talent that Nap Harris presented last year. I tried to give him credit by saying he gave up, but I feel he isn't adequate enough at MLB then. He was horrible that 9 game stint. It was just like he was going with the motions.

milkman
07-22-2008, 10:27 PM
That is plenty funny right there. :sign0098:

But hating on Vermiel is kind of a lost cause. The man knew how to make a winner.

It may not have come together here, but he proved a knowledge of football that you refuse to accept.

Football isn't all about the hard-hitting defense. His Rams showed us that. There is something more to the game.

Many will case on him fro the drying, but he was an emotional coach, who created real bonds with alot of his players and managed to make a real threat out of some garbage teams.

Actually, if the Rams front office hadn't stepped in and forced Martz on Vermeil, and forced him to change some of the things he was doing, and began ignoring his input into the draft, the Rams would have never have achieved the things they did.

Dick deserves some credit, but not nearly the amount of credit that everyone wants to give him for that SB.

milkman
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
If the that is the case, I really hope Dorsey can make up for the lack of talent that Nap Harris presented last year. I tried to give him credit by saying he gave up, but I feel he isn't adequate enough at MLB then. He was horrible that 9 game stint. It was just like he was going with the motions.

Don't be surprised in Harris loses his job to Pat Thomas.

You're right, Harris played poorly last year.