PDA

View Full Version : Uniform Idea

Nel Toille
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Okay so it's been really slow lately in terms of Chiefs/NFL news and I'm pretty bored so...
I always thought the Chiefs should wear their red pants with their red jerseys as some kind of alternate home uniform. They should at least try it for a preseason game and see what the fans think. I know some of the older more stubborn fans would say it breaks tradition, but with a newly remodeled team and stadium on the way, I think it would be a nice addition. Plus, it seems like every time a team changes their uniform they do pretty well the following season (Bucs, Broncos, TB Rays)... so... why not?
Here's a shoddy photoshop job showing what it would look like:
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/07/4.jpg (http://img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=610xdz5.jpg)
Pretty slick eh? Okay, now for the love of God somebody get this football season going so we can really have something to talk about.

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I like the idea. The Cardinals here in Az have done it a few times and I think the red on red or the white on white looks cool. Changes things up a bit!!

tornadospotter
07-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I also like the idea! Just do not mess with the Helmet!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I also like the idea! Just do not mess with the Helmet!!!!
Agreed!

Chiefster
07-14-2008, 10:58 PM
I'm one of the old geezers. :11:

I think they should continue the red jerseys with white pants for home games and the white jerseys with red pants for away games.

jerhart
07-14-2008, 11:31 PM
I did this photoshop already and got the response.....'looks too much like Iowa State University' :bananen_smilies046:

prough91
07-15-2008, 02:48 AM
I like black with red numbers. Sorry, I can't afford photoshop.

Seek
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
Wearing Red on Red at home will give the opposing teams an advantage on hotter days. I don't think Herm will go for it. Specially on opening day.

Nel Toille
07-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Wearing Red on Red at home will give the opposing teams an advantage on hotter days. I don't think Herm will go for it. Specially on opening day.
Someone should tell Herm that more talented teams have an advantage no matter what. That whole stunt he pulled was a farce. It wasn't even SUNNY that day (Bengals game). I doubt, under all those pads, wearing your home uniform will really give you any sort of disadvantage... plus, survivalists always tell you to wear darker clothing if you are in the desert because it keeps the sun's rays from damaging your skin. So, Herm's teams might be a few degrees cooler, but they're all gonna end up with skin cancer.

Seek
07-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Someone should tell Herm that more talented teams have an advantage no matter what. That whole stunt he pulled was a farce. It wasn't even SUNNY that day (Bengals game). I doubt, under all those pads, wearing your home uniform will really give you any sort of disadvantage... plus, survivalists always tell you to wear darker clothing if you are in the desert because it keeps the sun's rays from damaging your skin. So, Herm's teams might be a few degrees cooler, but they're all gonna end up with skin cancer.

But he was a player, and he knows from experience that it does make a difference.

tornadospotter
07-16-2008, 08:08 PM
But he was a player, and he knows from experience that it does make a difference.
riggggggght........ cause he played the game!!!!!!!! and was a star!:yahoo:

milkman
07-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Kids have no taste.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Kids have no taste.

HA! :lol:

jerhart
07-19-2008, 06:35 PM
..meh...I think something else would have to change or nothing at all....looks too much like these guys...

http://www.journalstar.com/content/articles/2006/10/03/huskerextra/doc45217924008ed333267721.jpg

spiman
07-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Cheerleaders go naked..Works for me.. Who needs a stinking uni?:toast2: