PDA

View Full Version : Stay away Favre

bigpoppachief
07-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I am really annoyed with all the chatter of getting Brett Favre. I mean dont get me wrong the guys great but the facts are we are rebuilding and we are not just one player away from a superbowl. I really honestly think we have a chance to win 9 games at least an even .500 season. We HAVE to give croyle a whole season everyone is always griping about how he did so horrible in his starts last year but he had no protection, It doesnt matter if we had peyton manning back there... ok maybe it would but still Croyle CAN be a great QB i think the QB comparsion articles at kcchiefs.com is great and shows that Croyles progression is not bad at all. The only chatter i heard worth listening is if croyle does bad this season seeing about working a deal with the brownies for Quinn other than that get off his N**ts and give him the chance ! GO CHIEFS !!!!!

Three7s
07-17-2008, 05:04 PM
I know that getting Favre would mean going a step backwards in rebuilding, but almost everyone has no faith in Croyle. I could care less if he comes here or not, though I'm definitely against trading for him.

BarryinStlouis
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
The Chatter is what it is. Chatter. This front office has made it clear to the media, and its fans the direction of this franchise. By that assumption alone, Brett Farve WILL NOT be a Kansas City Chief, and that is fine with me. I think everyone needs to brace themselves for Brodie in 2008, because alot of people are going to be surprised. I cant wait!!

Chiefster
07-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Honestly, you would not find me on his "N**ts"...whatever they are.

Chiefster
07-17-2008, 08:58 PM
I know that getting Favre would mean going a step backwards in rebuilding, but almost everyone has no faith in Croyle. I could care less if he comes here or not, though I'm definitely against trading for him.

Yep...

The Chatter is what it is. Chatter. This front office has made it clear to the media, and its fans the direction of this franchise. By that assumption alone, Brett Farve WILL NOT be a Kansas City Chief, and that is fine with me. I think everyone needs to brace themselves for Brodie in 2008, because alot of people are going to be surprised. I cant wait!!

And, yep.

And you're right it would make a difference if Payton Manning were to come here; he's the only NFL QB I know that draws a flag when defenders look at him sternly. :D

Pro_Angler
07-17-2008, 10:29 PM

I have went on the record many times here stating that Brodie is the real deal. GIVE HIM A LINE AND HE WILL DO GREAT!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Speaking of getting off of someone's NUTS!!!!!!!! Is this the Brodie Croyle Forum? PLEASE!!!!

CHIEFCANNON
07-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Based on what I've seen ... I don't see Farve' accepting a KC trade. Why would he? It's pretty obvious by his Randy Moss flopped caper that he's looking for jewery they don't make in Kansas City.

So all of the speculation is gasses from the black hole of no Real Chief news prior to going to training camp blues.

He's not going to a team that is considering 8-8 as a goal for next season that most would be satisfied or some suprised at achieving.

Safe to say the Barth Conner's #4 is safe on his back as the Chief's kicker... if he makes it.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 02:26 AM
Based on what I've seen ... I don't see Farve' accepting a KC trade. Why would he? It's pretty obvious by his Randy Moss flopped caper that he's looking for jewery they don't make in Kansas City.

So all of the speculation is gasses from the black hole of no Real Chief news prior to going to training camp blues.

He's not going to a team that is considering 8-8 as a goal for next season that most would be satisfied or some suprised at achieving.

Safe to say the Barth Conner's #4 is safe on his back as the Chief's kicker... if he makes it.

OUTSTANDING!!!!! REP!

milkman
07-19-2008, 11:56 AM
The Chatter is what it is. Chatter.

Exactly.

Anytime a player of Brett Favre's stature appears to have a chance of finding another team, fans will debate the merits of bringing that player to their favorite team.

I don't think you'd find a single person who honestly believes there's a snowball's chance in Hell of Favre coming to KC.

Also, there's very little chance that the Browns will deal Quinn.

It's far more likely they would deal Anderson when they feel Quinn is ready to take over the reigns.

DrunkHillbilly
07-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Exactly.

Anytime a player of Brett Favre's stature appears to have a chance of finding another team, fans will debate the merits of bringing that player to their favorite team.

I don't think you'd find a single person who honestly believes there's a snowball's chance in Hell of Favre coming to KC.

Also, there's very little chance that the Browns will deal Quinn.

It's far more likely they would deal Anderson when they feel Quinn is ready to take over the reigns.
They just resigned Anderson to a 3 year $24 million contract. He's not going anywhere anytime soon! He will keep this Browns team in contention for the playoff for some time to come. Quinn however will not sit on the bench for 4 years or maybe longer depending on how Anderson plays.

milkman
07-19-2008, 05:52 PM
They just resigned Anderson to a 3 year $24 million contract. He's not going anywhere anytime soon! He will keep this Browns team in contention for the playoff for some time to come. Quinn however will not sit on the bench for 4 years or maybe longer depending on how Anderson plays.

The fact is, 3 years for 24 mil is peanuts in today's NFL.

I have no idea what Quinn's contract is, but he's a first round QB, so my guess is they have substantially more invested in him.

I didn't say they would deal him.

What I said is if they were to deal a QB, it would be Anderson.

DrunkHillbilly
07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
The fact is, 3 years for 24 mil is peanuts in today's NFL.

I have no idea what Quinn's contract is, but he's a first round QB, so my guess is they have substantially more invested in him.

I didn't say they would deal him.

What I said is if they were to deal a QB, it would be Anderson.
And my point is that if Anderson continues to play the way he played last season, he will NOT be the one to go! The Browns will REFUSE to pay aguy the money Quinn is getting to sit on the bench for 5 years! One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!!! Ever hear it?!

milkman
07-19-2008, 06:55 PM
And my point is that if Anderson continues to play the way he played last season, he will NOT be the one to go! The Browns will REFUSE to pay aguy the money Quinn is getting to sit on the bench for 5 years! One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!!! Ever hear it?!

There were people who thought the same way about the Drew Brees/Philip Rivers situation a couple of years ago.

DrunkHillbilly
07-19-2008, 07:00 PM
There were people who thought the same way about the Drew Brees/Philip Rivers situation a couple of years ago.
Maybe so but SD was a decent team. The Browns have been prolifically bad and they will not get rid of the guy who put them over the line for an unproven guy who was questionable at best in college! Remember the "green room" situation?

milkman
07-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Maybe so but SD was a decent team. The Browns have been prolifically bad and they will not get rid of the guy who put them over the line for an unproven guy who was questionable at best in college! Remember the "green room" situation?

The Chargers were a terrible team for years.
They had two good seasons with Brees under center before they made the change to Rivers.
The Browns, if they have another good year this season could easily find themselves in the same situation in the next offseason as the Chargers found themselves after the '04 season.

Nearly every year there's a player who falls from the top of the first round into the middle or later.
Remember the same thing happened to Aaron Rogers.
This year was an aberration.

DrunkHillbilly
07-19-2008, 09:06 PM
The Chargers were a terrible team for years.
They had two good seasons with Brees under center before they made the change to Rivers.
The Browns, if they have another good year this season could easily find themselves in the same situation in the next offseason as the Chargers found themselves after the '04 season.

Nearly every year there's a player who falls from the top of the first round into the middle or later.
Remember the same thing happened to Aaron Rogers.
This year was an aberration.
Aaron Rodger will be a MUCH better QB than Quinn!

milkman
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Aaron Rodger will be a MUCH better QB than Quinn!

You may be right, though Tedford system QBs almost always disappoint.

I would, however, even with that concern, trade a draft pick for him and let him compete with Croyle for the QB job.

spiman
07-19-2008, 10:36 PM

Our QB SUCKS!!!!! And to all those O-Line\\ers It is not his fault! Brodie still sucks! (from some-one who won 4/12 last year)..ummm Chit.. I will pitch in for Farve..Well I am a realist QB in 2..:bash:

DrunkHillbilly
07-19-2008, 11:25 PM
You may be right, though Tedford system QBs almost always disappoint.

I would, however, even with that concern, trade a draft pick for him and let him compete with Croyle for the QB job.
WOW!!!! if that is your plan, we will be in a world of hurt for years to come!!!

Chiefster
07-20-2008, 12:57 AM
Our QB SUCKS!!!!! And to all those O-Line\ers It is not his fault! Brodie still sucks! (from some-one who won 4/12 last year)..ummm Chit.. I will pitch in for Farve..Well I am a realist QB in 2..:bash:

Really???

milkman
07-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Our QB SUCKS!!!!! And to all those O-Line\ers It is not his fault! Brodie still sucks! (from some-one who won 4/12 last year)..ummm Chit.. I will pitch in for Farve..Well I am a realist QB in 2..:bash:

I have no clue what the hell you just said.

Three7s
07-20-2008, 07:34 AM
I have no clue what the hell you just said.
Something about Brodie still sucking with or without the O-line's problems, and that he would like Favre, even though that won't happen.

milkman
07-20-2008, 07:36 AM
WOW!!!! if that is your plan, we will be in a world of hurt for years to come!!!

I don't have a plan.
I don't think the Pack will deal Rogers.

However, I'm not excited about the QBs in next year's draft.

So if Rogers did shake loose, then yeah, I'd bring him in.

The only QB, at this point, that I'd have interest in is Matt Stafford if he has a good seasson, so I'll be watching with interest.

milkman
07-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Something about Brodie still sucking with or without the O-line's problems, and that he would like Favre, even though that won't happen.

You must have a decoder ring.

Canada
07-20-2008, 07:56 AM
I want a decoder ring. Do they come in beer cases?

Dyno-Mite
07-20-2008, 01:58 PM
BROdie needs to have a good preseason before thinking about him as our starter.If he has a superb preseason and comes out on top of the other Qb's such as Damon then he has a shot to be our starter.Don't overlook Damon's ability to outcompete Brodie during the preseason.Let's not forget that Damon had a completely better preseason than Brodie during last preseason.

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:02 PM
BROdie needs to have a good preseason before thinking about him as our starter.If he has a superb preseason and comes out on top of the other Qb's such as Damon then he has a shot to be our starter.Don't overlook Damon's ability to outcompete Brodie during the preseason.Let's not forget that Damon had a completely better preseason than Brodie during last preseason.

No, he didn't,

Damon Huard spent most of the preseason nursing an injury and barely touched the ball before the start of teh regular season.

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Futhermore, this is a team that is building for the future.
Playing Huard, except as a last resort, serves absolutely no purpose.

He's a career scrub with limited ability and no future.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Futhermore, this is a team that is building for the future.
Playing Huard, except as a last resort, serves absolutely no purpose.

He's a career scrub with limited ability and no future.
Sounds like the forgone future of another NFL QB!!!!!!!!!

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Sounds like the forgone future of another NFL QB!!!!!!!!!

You could very well be right, but I don't pretend to know one way or the other.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't have a plan.
I don't think the Pack will deal Rogers.

However, I'm not excited about the QBs in next year's draft.

So if Rogers did shake loose, then yeah, I'd bring him in.

The only QB, at this point, that I'd have interest in is Matt Stafford if he has a good seasson, so I'll be watching with interest.
They definetly won't deal him but for you to say you would take him here to compete with Croyle is funny! As much as I want the Chiefs to get a young up and coming QB, I have thought for about 4 years now that they should have been actively looking at FA QB's. There have been a few in the past several years that have helped turn teams around that were in the Chiefs position.

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I do know this, however, he has a much stronger arm than Huard ever dreamed of, so the only limit to his potential is mental, as opposed to Huard's physical limitations.

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
They definetly won't deal him but for you to say you would take him here to compete with Croyle is funny! As much as I want the Chiefs to get a young up and coming QB, I have thought for about 4 years now that they should have been actively looking at FA QB's. There have been a few in the past several years that have helped turn teams around that were in the Chiefs position.

There weren't any free agent QBs that I can remember thinking I'd like to see in KC, but I would have traded for Matt Schaub.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 02:30 PM
I do know this, however, he has a much stronger arm than Huard ever dreamed of, so the only limit to his potential is mental, as opposed to Huard's physical limitations.
Oh I agree it's all mental!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 02:31 PM
There weren't any free agent QBs that I can remember thinking I'd like to see in KC, but I would have traded for Matt Schaub.
Howd that guy in Tampa Bay do last year? Won the division I think! I said FA but meant trade possibilities as well and would have also traded for Schaub.

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Howd that guy in Tampa Bay do last year? Won the division I think! I said FA but meant trade possibilities as well and would have also traded for Schaub.

I absolutely hate old used retread QBs.
No way in hell I want a Jeff Garcia.

I want a guy that can be the QB for this team for 10 years or more.

No more castoffs.

Give me a young guy with talent and potential upside.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 02:45 PM
I absolutely hate old used retread QBs.
No way in hell I want a Jeff Garcia.

I want a guy that can be the QB for this team for 10 years or more.

No more castoffs.

Give me a young guy with talent and potential upside.
I agree about young talent but how the hell do you have a career long bench guy and a questionable kid as your 1 and 2 QB's??? When there's no young talent out there, you have to look in other directions! I would have taken Garcia in a heartbeat!!!!!!! He turned Philly around when McNabb went down and then took Tampa Bay to the division title!!!!!! His game is perfect for what our O line was!!!! Philly wishes they would have kept him after what he did in Tampa!

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:51 PM
I agree about young talent but how the hell do you have a career long bench guy and a questionable kid as your 1 and 2 QB's??? When there's no young talent out there, you have to look in other directions! I would have taken Garcia in a heartbeat!!!!!!! He turned Philly around when McNabb went down and then took Tampa Bay to the division title!!!!!! His game is perfect for what our O line was!!!! Philly wishes they would have kept him after what he did in Tampa!

We are back to the same place we've been before.

Why bring in a QB like Garcia to a team that has zero chance to make a SB run?

It was stupid to start Huard last year to begin the season, because all it did was delay finding the answer to whether Croyle was the future.

It would have served no purpose to bring in another castoff last year other than to maintain the mediocrity train.

OTR Chiefs fan
07-20-2008, 02:58 PM

It was stupid to start Huard last year to begin the season, because all it did was delay finding the answer to whether Croyle was the future.

It would have served no purpose to bring in another castoff last year other than to maintain the mediocrity train.

I agree we need to see what Croyle can do. If the Chiefs have a .500 season I'll be pleasantly surprised. So this is the perfect year to see what Croyle can do. :D

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 03:02 PM

Pretty good cast off!!!!!!!!! I think the Chiefs realize that they made a mistake in drafting Croyle! They obviously have no confidence in him or he would have played more last season! Now we are still where we were before we drafted him therefor prolonging mediocrity even longer! If we would have some how gotten a Garcia, after the changes we made in this draft, maybe we would have a chance at a playoff spot. You can't have a questionable at best rookie QB running a squad that is young and inexperienced itself! Experience with some success is FAR more valuable when having a team this young! If Croyle starts, it will be the blind leading the blind yet again!

milkman
07-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Pretty good cast off!!!!!!!!! I think the Chiefs realize that they made a mistake in drafting Croyle! They obviously have no confidence in him or he would have played more last season! Now we are still where we were before we drafted him therefor prolonging mediocrity even longer! If we would have some how gotten a Garcia, after the changes we made in this draft, maybe we would have a chance at a playoff spot. You can't have a questionable at best rookie QB running a squad that is young and inexperienced itself! Experience with some success is FAR more valuable when having a team this young! If Croyle starts, it will be the blind leading the blind yet again!

If the Chiefs had signed Garcia, and won 7 or 8 games, they would have continued to stay on the same path they have been on for nearly 20 years.

That path went in circles.

Never going forward, never going backwards.

The only way they were going to leave that path is to fall off it.

They fell last year.
They fell hard.

That wasn't mediocrity.
That was bad, really bad.

But it was the most positive thing that has happened in some time.
It forced them off the path to nowhere.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 05:54 PM
If the Chiefs had signed Garcia, and won 7 or 8 games, they would have continued to stay on the same path they have been on for nearly 20 years.

That path went in circles.

Never going forward, never going backwards.

The only way they were going to leave that path is to fall off it.

They fell last year.
They fell hard.

That wasn't mediocrity.
That was bad, really bad.

But it was the most positive thing that has happened in some time.
It forced them off the path to nowhere.
Yea, and this so called path you speak of led us to Croyle who will keep us mired in this trench of sh*t that we have been in for the last several years! To say that Garcia is not a more than serviceable QB is just BS. He has been one of the more productive QB's in the league the last two seasons! My point is that if you bring a guy like him in and he brings along his league leading INT to completion ratio along with the improvements we made in the draft, your team is instantly and infinitly better than what you have to put on the field come this season!

milkman
07-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Yea, and this so called path you speak of led us to Croyle who will keep us mired in this trench of sh*t that we have been in for the last several years! To say that Garcia is not a more than serviceable QB is just BS. He has been one of the more productive QB's in the league the last two seasons! My point is that if you bring a guy like him in and he brings along his league leading INT to completion ratio along with the improvements we made in the draft, your team is instantly and infinitly better than what you have to put on the field come this season!

If you call the Vermeil years "trench of ****" years, then Jeff garcia is exactly the kind of QB that would keep us mired in that trench of ****.

Brodie Croyle is a guy, regardless of how he turns out, allows us to finally dig our way out of this trench of ****.

If he sucks, then we find another QB.
If he doesn't, then we move forward.

Jeff Garcia just leads us back to the land of mediocrity.

We win 8-9 games, Chiefs fans hope and fill the seasts, and when the team is ready to compete, Garcia is too old to lead them, we don't have a QB, and we continued to wade in that trench of ****.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 10:27 PM
If you call the Vermeil years "trench of ****" years, then Jeff garcia is exactly the kind of QB that would keep us mired in that trench of ****.

Brodie Croyle is a guy, regardless of how he turns out, allows us to finally dig our way out of this trench of ****.

If he sucks, then we find another QB.
If he doesn't, then we move forward.

Jeff Garcia just leads us back to the land of mediocrity.

We win 8-9 games, Chiefs fans hope and fill the seasts, and when the team is ready to compete, Garcia is too old to lead them, we don't have a QB, and we continued to wade in that trench of ****.
Was Garcia too old to lead Philly? Was he too old to lead Tampa? Were either of those teams soooo much better than the Chiefs "could" be this season? We have the worst QB situation in the league and you would "never" want Garcia on the team! You don't want anymore cast offs huh? I bet you weren't saying that when Montana came here! Obviously I'm not comparing the two but when you have nothing, you go get something and Garcia has proven himself the last two seasons! Doesn't matter though, CP is too cheap to put any money in the pot at this point because he knows his days are numbered but come on, I don't care what we do in the draft or free agency. Until we get a QB, we will not be any good!!! History proves this to be true!

I believe you are the one who said something about "20 years". I said the last several which would not include the Vermeil years! I'll take those years but then we had one of the most underrated QB's in the history of the game statistically!!

milkman
07-20-2008, 11:58 PM
Was Garcia too old to lead Philly? Was he too old to lead Tampa? Were either of those teams soooo much better than the Chiefs "could" be this season? We have the worst QB situation in the league and you would "never" want Garcia on the team! You don't want anymore cast offs huh? I bet you weren't saying that when Montana came here! Obviously I'm not comparing the two but when you have nothing, you go get something and Garcia has proven himself the last two seasons! Doesn't matter though, CP is too cheap to put any money in the pot at this point because he knows his days are numbered but come on, I don't care what we do in the draft or free agency. Until we get a QB, we will not be any good!!! History proves this to be true!

I believe you are the one who said something about "20 years". I said the last several which would not include the Vermeil years! I'll take those years but then we had one of the most underrated QB's in the history of the game statistically!!

Philly and Tampa's situations are different than ours.
However, if the choice is between a QB in his thirties who has 2 or 3 years left to play and a young QB who has the potential to be the leader of his team for years to come, in most circumstances, I would pick the younger QB and take my chances.

That includes Joe Montana.

Montana was the greatest QB ever, but I thought then, and to this day still believe the better long term option at that time was to persue Steve Buerlein in free agency.

Buerlein was nowhere near the QB that Montana was, but with those Chiefs teams of the 90s, we could have been an actual SB contender in the years following Montana'a retirement.

He wasn't great, but he sure as hell would have been a damn sight better than the hacks that followed Montana.

And because of those hacks, I never believed we were anything more than pretenders.

I assumed "several" to mean more than two, which is why I brought up the Vermeil years.

I hated Dick Vermeil, so didn't have any problem with including those years in the "trenches of ****" years.

But in the end, I hate(d) ****her and Marty also, so as far as I'm concerned we've been in those trenches for.....oh......37 years now.

spiman
07-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Really???

Where do I send the CHECK?

Canada
07-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Where do I send the CHECK?

358 Geneva St
Ontario
Canada :D

Make it out to Dave

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Philly and Tampa's situations are different than ours.
However, if the choice is between a QB in his thirties who has 2 or 3 years left to play and a young QB who has the potential to be the leader of his team for years to come, in most circumstances, I would pick the younger QB and take my chances.

That includes Joe Montana.

Montana was the greatest QB ever, but I thought then, and to this day still believe the better long term option at that time was to persue Steve Buerlein in free agency.

Buerlein was nowhere near the QB that Montana was, but with those Chiefs teams of the 90s, we could have been an actual SB contender in the years following Montana'a retirement.

He wasn't great, but he sure as hell would have been a damn sight better than the hacks that followed Montana.

And because of those hacks, I never believed we were anything more than pretenders.

I assumed "several" to mean more than two, which is why I brought up the Vermeil years.

I hated Dick Vermeil, so didn't have any problem with including those years in the "trenches of ****" years.

But in the end, I hate(d) ****her and Marty also, so as far as I'm concerned we've been in those trenches for.....oh......37 years now.
Your last statement sums everything up for me and at the same time poses a question......Why the hell are you even a fan? If you hate everything that we have done for the past 37 years, why not just adopt a team that has been good for 37 years!!! Like I said, you summed everything up with that comment!!!! Go cheer for someone else please!

doomsday
07-21-2008, 02:08 PM
I am tired of mediocrity, I say all or nothing, if that means Croyle, then thats friggin great!!! If that means a few losing seasons for some deep playoff runs, then by all means DO IT!!

DrunkHillbilly
07-21-2008, 02:24 PM
I am tired of mediocrity, I say all or nothing, if that means Croyle, then thats friggin great!!! If that means a few losing seasons for some deep playoff runs, then by all means DO IT!!
I'm all for deep playoff runs but by your statement, deep playoff runs will not be good enough for you! ALL means winning the Superbowl. IMO, there is a difference between mediocrity and having a good team. We have been less than mediocre for several years. I will be satisfied with legit playoff runs at this point. Not backing in as we did a few years ago because Denver lost.

milkman
07-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Your last statement sums everything up for me and at the same time poses a question......Why the hell are you even a fan? If you hate everything that we have done for the past 37 years, why not just adopt a team that has been good for 37 years!!! Like I said, you summed everything up with that comment!!!! Go cheer for someone else please!

I've been a fan of this team since the day they moved to KC.

I'm not going to change my allegience simply because they've done some things organizationally that I don't agree with.

Also, I didn't say I hated everything they've done for the last 37 years.

I said they've been wading in the **** trenches for those 37 years.

Sure, when Marty was the head coach, we won a lot of games, but other than '93, this team has been terrible in the playoffs.

Throw out Montana's three playoff games, and Marty's Chiefs averaged about 11 points a game in the playoffs, and won only one other game.

But there were a lot of players over those 37 years that I really enjoyed watching, and was proud to be a fan of, most notably Art Still, Dan Saleamua, and DT.

spiman
07-22-2008, 09:10 PM
358 Geneva St
Ontario
Canada :D

Make it out to Dave

Heard that 1 B 4?---Dave's not here!! :lol: Really..

Chiefster
07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
...But there were a lot of players over those 37 years that I really enjoyed watching, and was proud to be a fan of, most notably Art Still, Dan Saleamua, and DT.

...Same here!

doomsday
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Neil Smith was awesome, is it safe to mention his name here???

Chiefster
07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Neil Smith was awesome, is it safe to mention his name here???

Last I looked he retired a Donk; the traitor.

:mob:

tornadospotter
07-28-2008, 01:11 PM

:mob: :mob: :mob: :mob:

McLovin
08-05-2008, 11:20 PM

I blame that one on Marty, another reason to Hate him.
DT and Neil Smith was a wicked combo regardless of where Smith Retired.

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM

True, but Smith still retired a traitor Donk.

milkman
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM

I hate Marty as much, or more than, the next guy, but your blame is misplaced.

That is on Carl.

McLovin
08-06-2008, 09:25 PM
I hate Marty as much, or more than, the next guy, but your blame is misplaced.

That is on Carl.
I could get on the Carl hating bandwagon also, sounds good to me. I just cant believe that Neil Smith was pushing to be traded to the Donks.

bigknoxy
08-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Now with Farve traded what do you guys think of Pennington to the Chiefs.
http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/kc-chiefs-football/chad-pennington-to-sign-with-chiefs

Personally I say stay away unless he is in a backup roll... but then Huard is probably gone if that happens.

jerhart
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Now with Farve traded what do you guys think of Pennington to the Chiefs.
http://www.kcchiefsfootball.com/kc-chiefs-football/chad-pennington-to-sign-with-chiefs

Personally I say stay away unless he is in a backup roll... but then Huard is probably gone if that happens.

eeewwww no.....he's a geek....I'd rather have huard as a back-up.. :mob:

tornadospotter
08-07-2008, 11:44 AM
eeewwww no.....he's a geek....I'd rather have huard as a back-up.. :mob:
I would take Huard over Chad also, but with Herms history of getting QB's injured, it may not hurt to have a 4th QB, and Chad has played for Herm.

McLovin
08-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Thinking of what Hermie did to Chad in the past, while I can see Hermie making a play for Chad... Chad may say no thanks I would rather retire. That being said as little as I like Hutard I like the thought of Pennington even less. Stay away Chad .. if we were going to go for a veteran for this team Favre would have been the vet to go for not Pennington.

Bike
08-08-2008, 02:21 AM
Exactly! do we have a QB on our roster capable of turning 4-12 into 12-4? Could Chad? No and NO, Could Farve? Maybe, but we'll never know now....

milkman
08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Thinking of what Hermie did to Chad in the past, while I can see Hermie making a play for Chad... Chad may say no thanks I would rather retire. That being said as little as I like Hutard I like the thought of Pennington even less. Stay away Chad .. if we were going to go for a veteran for this team Favre would have been the vet to go for not Pennington.

Exactly! do we have a QB on our roster capable of turning 4-12 into 12-4? Could Chad? No and NO, Could Farve? Maybe, but we'll never know now....

Favre, with his gunslinger mentality behind this line would throw 30 interceptions.
No way in hell he could lead this team to 14 wins this year, and with his proensity to give the ball to the other team, we'd be lucky to get 8 wins.

Favre is the most overrated football player in NFL history as far as I'm concerned.

If only 10% of his interceptions led to scores for the opposition, and those scores were the margin difference in losses for the Pack, that roughly 28 losses that can be directly attributed to that dumbass.

In his 16 years, the Reggie White years were the only time the Packers defense had the talent to overcome those mistakes.

The years that Favre won MVP were years that White should have won it.

jerhart
08-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Favre is the most overrated football player in NFL history as far as I'm concerned.

:iamwithstupid:

milkman
08-10-2008, 12:43 PM
:iamwithstupid:

Tell me how his interceptions don't hurt that team over the years.

jerhart
08-10-2008, 01:00 PM

.....ignoring all his other records, sure int's happen....
...but for 16 years, the Packers never had a question at their QB position....not even for one game. Reliable.

...how many other teams can you name who didnt have to worry about filling a QB position for 16 years?

milkman
08-10-2008, 02:09 PM
.....ignoring all his other records, sure int's happen....
...but for 16 years, the Packers never had a question at their QB position....not even for one game. Reliable.

...how many other teams can you name who didnt have to worry about filling a QB position for 16 years?

Sure, he did some great things, but the reality is he has thrown more interceptions than any QB in NFL history.

As I said, if only 10% of those ints. are directly responsible for the margin of difference in games lost by the Pack, that's nearly 30 games, or on average, 2 games a year.

That could be the difference between making the playoffs or missing them.
Earning a playoff bye, or playing as a WC.
Or earning homefield advantage throughout or traveling.

That doesn't even take into account the ints he's thrown dduring the postseason.

His ints against the Falcons a couple of years ago cost the Pack a home game in the first round.

How many Ints did he throw against the Rams in a playoff game a couple of years before that?
6?

How many ints did he throw aginst the Cowboys in consecutive years earlier in his career?
7?

Then, how about last year, when that stupid decision in OT for an int against the Giants was directly responsible for that playoff loss?

m0ef0e
08-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Nolan Ryan walked more batters than anybody else in MLB history. I guess that makes him a lousy pitcher?

Reggie Jackson struckout 2,597 times-- also a record.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Karl Malone are 1st and 2nd respectively with the most all-time personal fouls in the NBA. Malone also has had the more turnovers than anybody else. But those guys sucked too, right?

Barry Sanders had more rushes for negative yards than anybody in NFL history.

This notion that Brett Favre was overrated or wasn't one of the greatest QB's of all time simply because he holds the record for interceptions thrown, just doesn't hold water, IMO.

Three7s
08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
When you play in as many games as Favre did, you're going to have a TON of INTs, no matter how good you are. This discussion is just silly.

jerhart
08-11-2008, 08:00 PM
When you play in as many games as Favre did, you're going to have a TON of INTs, no matter how good you are. This discussion is just silly.

...that's what I am trying to tell him....when you play 16 years straight....never miss a game...it doesnt really surprise me that an indvidual may hold the int record....along with a lot of other records that apparently dont matter? :sign0098:

m0ef0e
08-12-2008, 12:11 PM

...that's what I am trying to tell him....when you play 16 years straight....never miss a game...it doesnt really surprise me that an indvidual may hold the int record....along with a lot of other records that apparently dont matter? :sign0098:

In the words of one Chiefster: Eggsactly. :wheelchair:

peekaboo224
08-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Reminds of the time when Montana came for a while. Obviously Favre will not be coming to KC since he is now in NY. I honestly don't think Favre will do well no matter what team he goes to. He is mentally tired (his own admission) and old. He is not going to have the same offense he had in Green Bay. He would have been better off to not have retired - or stayed home after he retired. Quarterbacks don't do well when they retire or try to make an extra attempt at the end of their careers. I like Favre - but just simply don't see him doing well.

And thank goodness he did not come to KC.

m0ef0e
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Reminds of the time when Montana came for a while. Obviously Favre will not be coming to KC since he is now in NY. I honestly don't think Favre will do well no matter what team he goes to. He is mentally tired (his own admission) and old. He is not going to have the same offense he had in Green Bay. He would have been better off to not have retired - or stayed home after he retired. Quarterbacks don't do well when they retire or try to make an extra attempt at the end of their careers. I like Favre - but just simply don't see him doing well.

And thank goodness he did not come to KC.

I have been defending Favre in this and other threads but I agree with you. Favre is my all-time fav QB and definitely one of the best ever. However, I think it is probably over for him and this year may prove that. I don't want to wish him ill but the Packers are better than the Jets, IMO and they are also in a weaker division. Sure, the Jets may win a couple more games with Favre under center as long as he plays like he has in the past but they still have to go through NE and BUF. I think the 'phins will at least improve enough from last year that the Jets won't be able to walk on them, either.

Even if Favre doesn't lose a step and keeps playing the way he has, the Jets will have a harder time of finding the playoffs than his former team. The bar is set pretty high for MIN and the Lions may surprise if they can get a good start and don't crumble or implode the second half of the season but the NFC north is still a far cry from the AFC east.

Besides, I just have a hunch about this. I love Favre and think he's great but I'm with you on this one: I just have this feeling that he will not have a very good year. I hope it's not too bad though, because it will be hard to watch somebody as great as Favre end his career in a miserable fashion if that happens.

spiman
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM

Last time The Chiefs got one? {RING} Next One? Super Bowl..........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..:11: WE NEED A QB!!!!!!!!!! and more..

Three7s
08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Last time The Chiefs got one? {RING} Next One? Super Bowl..........XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX..:11: WE NEED A QB!!!!!!!!!! and more..
Only way we get a QB is if you go to River Falls and assassinate Herm and CP. I would stop asking for it.

spiman
08-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Only way we get a QB is if you go to River Falls and assassinate Herm and CP. I would stop asking for it.

I will send her.. What is funny is I just flew with Herm's H.S. coach and relayed the thought of a QB {they still talk alot} ..He gave me some positive insights in what Herm is all about-Keep the faith for now-/\coach\/ But not in our QB.

Bike
08-14-2008, 07:02 PM
We shouda made a play for Brett. At 4-12, what we gotta lose? Brett woulda groomed Tyler along nicely. Not that Croyle is a terrible athlete-I think he'd be an excellent badmitten player...Why is Carl here?

Three7s
08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
We shouda made a play for Brett. At 4-12, what we gotta lose? Brett woulda groomed Tyler along nicely. Not that Croyle is a terrible athlete-I think he'd be an excellent badmitten player...Why is Carl here?
Yes, let's get a 38 y/o QB for a team trying to go younger. There's a reason Huard isn't starting you know. Even if most of you on these boards think he sucks.

Bike
08-14-2008, 07:39 PM
A 38 year old qb that can play is better than a 24 year old that can't. Its all for not anyway....

Bike
08-14-2008, 07:51 PM
By the way - the reason Huard isn't starting is the same reason he hasn't started anywhere he's been-He's not a starting quarterback!

jtandcrew
08-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I will send her.. What is funny is I just flew with Herm's H.S. coach and relayed the thought of a QB {they still talk alot} ..He gave me some positive insights in what Herm is all about-Keep the faith for now-/coach/ But not in our QB.

What? Do you mean you have inside information on what Herm is trying to do and your holding out on us? Please share so we all are not losing anymore sleep over having Herm in here! SHARE! SHARE! SHARE! :lol:

spiman
08-16-2008, 05:01 PM
What? Do you mean you have inside information on what Herm is trying to do and your holding out on us? Please share so we all are not losing anymore sleep over having Herm in here! SHARE! SHARE! SHARE! :lol:

Give
Herm
A
Chance-2more (Chance-@more) years! If KC would spend some more money and make some better deals Herm can pull this off..He has two small children to provide for.. He will show results-He cannot afford to be fired\replaced..
One thing his x coach said was he puts his players first-above all else-He has got their backs-Chit/ Herm is in great shape...It would hurt to fight him.