PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs finally part ways with Greg Wesley

Seek
07-18-2008, 08:54 AM
The Chiefs finally let Greg Wesley go yesterday. I am not upset he is gone by any means, but I disgusted with how the Chiefs handled this. They pretty much screwed Wesley in the worste way by sitting butt on the bench for two years and then finally releasing him a week before camp starts. Preventing him from signing on to a team with a decent contract. His demand will be extremely low right now.

bigpoppachief
07-18-2008, 06:05 PM
It does suck but it's a business too.

greg3564
07-18-2008, 07:17 PM
The Chiefs finally let Greg Wesley go yesterday. I am not upset he is gone by any means, but I disgusted with how the Chiefs handled this. They pretty much screwed Wesley in the worste way by sitting butt on the bench for two years and then finally releasing him a week before camp starts. Preventing him from signing on to a team with a decent contract. His demand will be extremely low right now.

That seems to be how the Chiefs handle business lately. Screw players at every possible angle. I guess they're taking pages from the Al Davis personnel manual.

Canada
07-18-2008, 08:17 PM
That seems to be how the Chiefs handle business lately. Screw players at every possible angle. I guess they're taking pages from the Al Davis personnel manual.

Now you are comparing the Chiefs to the Gayders? Who have they screwed so badly? Hope you look good in silver and black.

greg3564
07-18-2008, 08:36 PM
Now you are comparing the Chiefs to the Gayders? Who have they screwed so badly? Hope you look good in silver and black.

Now I remember why I don't like Canadians. You guys are very resentful about being our 51st state. Anyways, who have the Chiefs screwed? Trent Green, Jared Allen and now Greg Wesley. Did I miss any? Almost forgot Napolean Harris. He's not an ex-Chief.....yet.

By the way, I don't drink the Kool Aid and slobber over King Carl or think everything this team does is fantastic. I am critical of this team's management and coaches. I have the RIGHT to do so as a fan and doing so does not make me any less of a fan than you are. You may not like it Canada, but oh well.

doomsday
07-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Screw the players? In my opinion, the players screw themselves. 99% of the time, they are just doing what they think is best for their wallet. The team is willing to pay them fairly, give them a fair shot at a starting position. Thats not enough for the player. Since free agency began, it has not been. Until free agency goes, it wont be.

Pro_Angler
07-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Screw the players? In my opinion, the players screw themselves. 99% of the time, they are just doing what they think is best for their wallet. The team is willing to pay them fairly, give them a fair shot at a starting position. Thats not enough for the player. Since free agency began, it has not been. Until free agency goes, it wont be.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
07-18-2008, 10:12 PM
Now I remember why I don't like Canadians. You guys are very resentful about being our 51st state. Anyways, who have the Chiefs screwed? Trent Green, Jared Allen and now Greg Wesley. Did I miss any? Almost forgot Napolean Harris. He's not an ex-Chief.....yet.

By the way, I don't drink the Kool Aid and slobber over King Carl or think everything this team does is fantastic. I am critical of this team's management and coaches. I have the RIGHT to do so as a fan and doing so does not make me any less of a fan than you are. You may not like it Canada, but oh well.

I just remembered why I don't give a **** that you don't like Canadians....your ignorance. You have named 3 players that got screwed. Jared Allen...had nothing to do with the situation he is in!! :sign0098: Trent Green should have gotten a huge payday after his concussion :sign0098: And Harris has to compete for his job!! The nerve!! :lol: Find one post on this site where I slobber over King Carl. just one!! I never said you don't have the right to complain, but when you compare the Chiefs to the gayders that is just insulting, and most Chiefs fans would agree with me. And trust me...the last thing I am resentful about is being the 51st state. Our country is bigger, cleaner, and richer!! You have fun going to war and shooting each other, I will enjoy a cold beer up here and get along with my less ignorant neighbours from the south!!

It is better to keep you mouth shut and be thought of as a fool then to open it and remove all doubt!! :bananen_smilies046:

greg3564
07-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I just remembered why I don't give a **** that you don't like Canadians....your ignorance. You have named 3 players that got screwed. Jared Allen...had nothing to do with the situation he is in!! :sign0098: Trent Green should have gotten a huge payday after his concussion :sign0098: And Harris has to compete for his job!! The nerve!! :lol: Find one post on this site where I slobber over King Carl. just one!! I never said you don't have the right to complain, but when you compare the Chiefs to the gayders that is just insulting, and most Chiefs fans would agree with me. And trust me...the last thing I am resentful about is being the 51st state. Our country is bigger, cleaner, and richer!! You have fun going to war and shooting each other, I will enjoy a cold beer up here and get along with my less ignorant neighbours from the south!!

It is better to keep you mouth shut and be thought of as a fool then to open it and remove all doubt!! :bananen_smilies046:

You're too funny. Time to get back on the Prozac buddy.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 01:42 AM

I can't imagine why Canadians would ever be resentful toward you. :rolleyes:

Here's an idea: let's all just lump everyone in an entire country in with some stereotypical ideology that has derived from a bigoted source from...who knows where.

And while we're at let's at least try to respect one another!

I can't tell you just how sick of this crap I am!

Canada
07-19-2008, 02:38 AM
You're too funny. Time to get back on the Prozac buddy.

Ahhh....there is that intelligent wit I have been waiting for!!

doomsday
07-19-2008, 03:23 AM
After his concussion, I told my wife he was done. No way do I give Trent a contract. Sorry pal. Thanks for the memories. Thats just business. Best of luck.

Seek
07-19-2008, 08:35 AM
They did screw Greg. It was pretty clear two years ago he had no future with the Chiefs. Okay so they kept him on the team as a back up. That is fine.

However, there is no trade value for a player after you sit his butt on the bench for two years.

They should have cut him two months ago giving him a fair shot at signing on. Now he either has to sign a one year deal or hold on and hope for an injury.

It was just a classless act on the Chiefs if you ask me. Call it business, but they got nothing as everyone knew.

RaidersOwnYou
07-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Lmao!!!

Way to go chiefs, you just let go your best safety!!

Jamarcus russell should have no problem throwing the ball on the ty law-less chiefs.

worst secondary in the afc west for sure.

Canada
07-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Ty Law?? :wheelchair: :lol::lol::lol: Jamarcus Russel can't throw on my grandma!!

Seek
07-19-2008, 09:00 AM
Lmao!!!

Jamarcus russell should have no problem throwing the ball on the ty law-less chiefs.

:sign0153: Ty Law was a Corner.

I bet he has no problem throwing the ball. The problem will be he doesn't have Duane Bowe catching it for him. So there will be many as incomplete. He will also have Dorsey bitting at his knees.

Three7s
07-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Lmao!!!

Before you troll, at least take a look at who's actually good at the game of football. Wesley was a good person, but that doesn't make him a premier safety. He was horrible in coverage, and often missed tackles because he was too aggressive.

The only thing he was really noted for was hard hitting. Woo hoo.

Ty Law stunk too, btw.

greg3564
07-19-2008, 03:48 PM
I can't imagine why Canadians would ever be resentful toward you. :rolleyes:

Here's an idea: let's all just lump everyone in an entire country in with some stereotypical ideology that has derived from a bigoted source from...who knows where.

And while we're at let's at least try to respect one another!

I can't tell you just how sick of this crap I am!

I don't like it one bit. But when you try and vent an opinion about the Chiefs, that certain people on this board don't like, they just attack instead of having a discussion about the issue.

First time I've ever fired back on this board in the nine months I've been here. I had taken a little vacation from the board for a couple months because I didn't care for some of the attacks here and here I am being part of one. I'll have to think over whether or not I'm going to stick around if people are so thin skinned about the Chiefs around here. If all anyone wants to hear is rah-rah Chiefs, then this site will get real lame real fast.

Oh, by the way I got a really nice private message from Canada calling me a racist and a redneck because I live in Texas. Real maturity there. :sign0153:

Canada
07-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I don't like it one bit. But when you try and vent an opinion about the Chiefs, that certain people on this board don't like, they just attack instead of having a discussion about the issue.

First time I've ever fired back on this board in the nine months I've been here. I had taken a little vacation from the board for a couple months because I didn't care for some of the attacks here and here I am being part of one. I'll have to think over whether or not I'm going to stick around if people are so thin skinned about the Chiefs around here. If all anyone wants to hear is rah-rah Chiefs, then this site will get real lame real fast.

Oh, by the way I got a really nice private message from Canada calling me a racist and a redneck because I live in Texas. Real maturity there. :sign0153:

No you dumb ****, you got it for your comments. Your post was a comparison of the Chiefs to the raiders and when I said something about you started crying about why you hate Canadians. Well on behalf of Canada....**** off and we are glad you don't plan on coming for a visit. If you want to talk Chiefs go ahead...but when you say we are just like the raiders you are not posting facts, you are just *****ing and complaining.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 04:04 PM

First, whether or not you stick around is entirely up to you; I won't insist that you leave nor am I going to beg that that you stay.

Second, my post was not in response to anything you said about the Chiefs but rather a bigoted point of view about an entire country because you don't happen to like someone from said country; which is why, I'm guessing, you got the PM from Canada that I do not condone either BTW...in case you were wondering.

Third, and this goes for all, if you have an exchange with someone with whom you decide that you don't care a great deal for then please, by all means, take advantage of the ignore feature...it works!

greg3564
07-19-2008, 04:07 PM
No you dumb ****, you got it for your comments. Your post was a comparison of the Chiefs to the raiders and when I said something about you started crying about why you hate Canadians. Well on behalf of Canada....**** off and we are glad you don't plan on coming for a visit. If you want to talk Chiefs go ahead...but when you say we are just like the raiders you are not posting facts, you are just *****ing and complaining.

Dude, walk away from the computer and take a deep breath. Wow!

What I said was "That seems to be how the Chiefs handle business lately. Screw players at every possible angle. I guess they're taking pages from the Al Davis personnel manual."

It seems the bold words got your panties in a wad. That statement was an opinion. An opinion as defined by Websters is- " a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter." So it was my opinion that the Chiefs were treating, or have treated in the past, players in a negative manner. In my opinion, the Chiefs treated Trent Green, Greg Wesley, Napolean Harris and most certainly Jared Allen in an unfair way. Just my opinion. I have some just like everyone else around here.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Dude, walk away from the computer and take a deep breath. Wow!

What I said was "That seems to be how the Chiefs handle business lately. Screw players at every possible angle. I guess they're taking pages from the Al Davis personnel manual."

It seems the bold words got your panties in a wad. That statement was an opinion. An opinion as defined by Websters is- " a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter." So it was my opinion that the Chiefs were treating, or have treated in the past, players in a negative manner. In my opinion, the Chiefs treated Trent Green, Greg Wesley, Napolean Harris and most certainly Jared Allen in an unfair way. Just my opinion. I have some just like everyone else around here.

...And you are certainly entitled to them here. My advice, and this is simply my advice, is for one or both of you to place the other in your "ignore" list. Some personalities naturally clash; this I would suggest is one such time.

Canada
07-19-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks so much for the Webster version of what an opinion is. Glad to see you know how to use google. Sorry I don't like my team getting compared to the raiders. It was my "opinion" that someone who compares the Chiefs to the raiders in a negative way may want to see how they look in silver and black. Or am I now allowed to have an opinion seeing as I am Canadian and all.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks so much for the Webster version of what an opinion is. Glad to see you know how to use google. Sorry I don't like my team getting compared to the raiders. It was my "opinion" that someone who compares the Chiefs to the raiders in a negative way may want to see how they look in silver and black. Or am I now allowed to have an opinion seeing as I am Canadian and all.

Yes.

This is actually the kind of exchange that I feel is a whole lot more productive. JMHO

Seek
07-19-2008, 04:28 PM
What is Chiefster saying. I have him on ignore.

Just kidding....

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 04:32 PM
What is Chiefster saying. I have him on ignore.

Just kidding....

Works for me; you won't get the warning I send you right before I ban you.

Just kidding....

Seek
07-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Works for me; you won't get the warning I send you right before I ban you.

Just kidding....

That is funny right there. :sign0106:

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 05:30 PM
That is funny right there. :sign0106:

:D :bananen_smilies046:

Dyno-Mite
07-20-2008, 02:06 PM
How the F we gonna let Greg Wesley go!!?!!!He was dope as hell with KC.:mad:

milkman
07-20-2008, 02:14 PM

I am utterly awestruck by the lack of your football knowledge.

Someone who has never watched a game of football would be more insightful.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 02:40 PM
You obviously need to brush up on your Chief news!!! The Chiefs have been trying to trade Wesley for over a year! He almost went to Denver but that fell through last year. He has been telling the Chiefs he wanted out ever since he found out they were trying to trade him!!!

Dyno-Mite
07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
I am utterly awestruck by the lack of your football knowledge.

Someone who has never watched a game of football would be more insightful.

What does a lack of football knowledge have to do with my comment mentioning Greg was dope as hell with KC?

milkman
07-20-2008, 05:50 PM
What does a lack of football knowledge have to do with my comment mentioning Greg was dope as hell with KC?

Unless I'm mistaken "dope as hell" means very good, or better.

Anyone who thinks that Wesley was very good is clearly not on the same continent as a clue.

Dyno-Mite
07-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Unless I'm mistaken "dope as hell" means very good, or better.

Anyone who thinks that Wesley was very good is clearly not on the same continent as a clue.

Dope as hell can just mean good.It doesn't have to mean "very" good.Greg was good with KC.Please STFU.You're not making any sense.

YZILLA
07-20-2008, 07:14 PM
This reminds me a middle school on the playground ! Im taking my ball and going home !

milkman
07-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Dope as hell can just mean good.It doesn't have to mean "very" good.Greg was good with KC.Please STFU.You're not making any sense.

I'm not up on street slang, but I would think simply "dope" is good, while "dope as hell" would be very good.

Regardless, he was neither very good, or simply just good.

He was consistently out of position, consistently bit on the play action, opening the deep middle, and consistently whiffed on tackles.

The occassional hard hit doesn't make up for consistently poor play.

The only reason you can't make any sense out of my posts is that I actually have a real vocabulary, and know a little about the game of football.

DrunkHillbilly
07-20-2008, 10:33 PM
He was never "dope as hell"! He was ok but if I have to see him get burned deep one more time I may puke!! Not to mention the off the field crap! We have our two safeties set and he doesn't fit in the mix!

Three7s
07-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Oh man, Grbac does it again, thanks for the laugh!

AkChief49
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Lmao!!!

Best Safety? J.Russel? worst secondary in the AFC? the answer is no to all of these is no. Wesley was ok

but Pollard (and don't pretend you don't who Jarrad Page is....you know, two game clinching

interceptions..against the Faders?) is better. J Russell can throw a "ton" especially if he puts

his weight into it! Just because he's high paid does not make him well played. he has yet to prove

himself also. as for the worst secondary in the AFC west: and these rankings are AFC only- against

the pass....#4 K.C. @ 188 yds./gm( the lower the number, the better-for you fader fans who might

not understand)#6 Donks @ 193 yds./gm #7 Faders @ 195 yds./gm #10 Dolts @ 213 yds./gm so one could

argue that the reason for this is because the other team ran on you, yes a good argument. So

against the run, and again ranked in AFC only #7 Dolts @ 107 yds./gm #12 K.C. @ 130 yds./gm #14

Donks @ 142 yds./gm and last and least #15 Faders @ 145 yds./gm Please do not come on here to spout a bunch of BS! I can and will talk to fader fans( my brother is one but I still love and forgive him) as long as they at least act a "little" intelligent.

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Greg Wesley just signed with the RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nel Toille
07-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Greg Wesley just signed with the RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!! I can't wait until week 2... we wait until welsey is in the game... and then we throw a 60 yard bomb down the Raiders' throats. Wesley will, once again, be sitting in the grass except that OUR recievers will be running past him.

doomsday
07-22-2008, 06:25 PM
Can anyone confirm this? I hope this is true! I cant wait til he bounces off of D-Bowe!

DrunkHillbilly
07-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Can anyone confirm this? I hope this is true! I cant wait til he bounces off of D-Bowe!
Confirmed!!!!!!

Raiders sign S Wesley

Associated Press

Updated: July 22, 2008, 4:43 PM ET

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=oak) agreed to terms on a one-year contract with former Kansas City Chiefs (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan) safety Greg Wesley (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5114) on Tuesday, adding depth to the position on the eve of training camp.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus said Wesley was happy to remain in the AFC West and looked forward to playing against the Chiefs twice this season.
Wesley gives the Raiders depth at safety behind starters Gibril Wilson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6895) and Michael Huff (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7756). Wilson signed a $39 million, six-year contract that included about $16 million in guaranteed money after winning the Super Bowl last season with the New York Giants (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyg).
Huff, Oakland's first-round pick in 2006, is moving to his more natural free safety position after playing his first two seasons at strong safety.
Wesley will compete with fourth-round pick Tyvon Branch (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8877), special teams star Jarrod Cooper (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5591) and Hiram Eugene (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8042) for a backup spot with the Raiders.
The Raiders had been seeking better tacklers at safety after allowing a league-worst 4.8 yards per carry last season.
Wesley, a third-round pick out of Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 2000, was released last week by the Chiefs. He was a starter for his first seven seasons before being relegated to a backup role last season. Kansas City had little need for Wesley after drafting North Carolina State safety DaJuan Morgan (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=8859) in the third round in April and he had asked the Chiefs to be traded or released.
Wesley has 29 career interceptions, along with six sacks, 12 forced fumbles and four fumble recoveries.
Oakland reports to training camp in Napa on Wednesday with the first practice being scheduled for Thursday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
This story is from ESPN.com's automated news wire. Wire index (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire)

Chiefster
07-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Ah yes, the way of King Carl...buh-bye Greg.

Seek
07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Ah yes, the way of King Carl...buh-bye Greg.

I only wish Clark gives him the same respect when he cuts ties with CP.

doomsday
07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
:megajump: Seek, thats a whole 'nother thread!