PDA

View Full Version : Favorite position?

m0ef0e
07-19-2008, 12:27 PM
No, nothing dirty like that. Get your minds out of the gutter!

I figured I would start this thread to discuss what position on the field we find the most exciting to watch. Not necessarily specific players, but examples are welcome to help deliver your point and case.

Personally, my favorite is the halfback position. Not only because a good run game is so essential to having a quality team but also because it is often a display of a rare combination of speed and power.

Running backs take so much punishment, their toughness is to be respected and admired as well. Sure, linemen slug it out in the trenches all day, but the backs are the ones that have those giant linemen falling on top of them all the time. I know I wouldn't be moving for days after somebody like Dorsey flattened me.

:lol:

Player-wise, examples of what I like seeing in running backs are: Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, and Priest Holmes.

Seek
07-19-2008, 03:32 PM

I figured I would start this thread to discuss what position on the field we find the most exciting to watch. Not necessarily specific players, but examples are welcome to help deliver your point and case.

Personally, my favorite is the halfback position. Not only because a good run game is so essential to having a quality team but also because it is often a display of a rare combination of speed and power.

Running backs take so much punishment, their toughness is to be respected and admired as well. Sure, linemen slug it out in the trenches all day, but the backs are the ones that have those giant linemen falling on top of them all the time. I know I wouldn't be moving for days after somebody like Dorsey flattened me.

Player-wise, examples of what I like seeing in running backs are: Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Curtis Martin, and Priest Holmes.

My favorites to watch are Hb, LB and DE.

My favorite to play was safety and line backer.

Chiefster
07-19-2008, 03:37 PM
No, nothing dirty like that. Get your minds out of the gutter!...

Fine! :11: :lol:

I'll have to go with O-lineman because they do the most work, IMO, (Unless your talkin about the Chiefs) and get little to no recognition for making the backs look as good as they do. :D

tornadospotter
07-24-2008, 03:42 PM

Well at first I wondered if this was x-rated thread!
So disappointed. :D :lol:
I like the D-Line and the RBs.

sling58
08-05-2008, 10:28 AM
I like the Line backer position. I just love the fact that someone gets paid to just crush people. Plus I think the mentality of the linebacker position fits me. You have to be a tad bit crazy to play that position.

slc chief
09-18-2008, 08:30 PM
mine would be wide receiver it takes som ba**s to go out in the middle on a slant and take a hit probably my favorite because that was my position in high shool

tammietailgator
09-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, ever since I read the thread title.... I can think of nothing else but tight end.....:lol:

But seriously... watching a blocking tight end doing a good job and getting open while he has three men covering him is awesome!

spiman
09-18-2008, 10:20 PM
{positions on the football field} That Can hit like this....I Luv the violence.. :fighting0030:YouTube - nfl most impact hits
:yahoo:

anaeelbackwards
09-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Well, ever since I read the thread title.... I can think of nothing else but tight end.....:lol:

But seriously... watching a blocking tight end doing a good job and getting open while he has three men covering him is awesome!

:bananen_smilies046: TOAST TO THAT ANSWER TAMMIE......:sign0098:

just watching that tight end (T-GUN) go up and make that grab and fight off 3 other men in tight pants and sweating bodies and holy crap....:drunkhb:.

jtandcrew
09-19-2008, 01:38 AM

just watching that tight end (T-GUN) go up and make that grab and fight off 3 other men in tight pants and sweating bodies and holy crap....:drunkhb:.
UH-OH! Break out the water hose! Anaeel is getting all hot and bothered! :lol:

rbedgood
09-19-2008, 02:35 AM
My favorite position is Safety. I like the guys that are built like corners but play like a linebacker. I like guys like Ronnie Lott, Bob Sanders, Troy Polamalu, and even everyone else's least favorite two guys Lynch and Harrison. They all bring it every play, every single one of them will play fundamentally strong football, but when they go to tackle, they don't hold back...they bring the heavy lumber!

spiman
09-19-2008, 07:22 PM

:sign0153: YouTube - Gay football players
:11: Any one of these guys grab me & they will get..:Tool: :fighting0030:

tornadospotter
09-19-2008, 10:43 PM
:sign0153: YouTube - Gay football players (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Dasirsvds)
:11: Any one of these guys grab me & they will get..:Tool: :fighting0030:
I think:fatlock: is the one they really want to grab!:D
jmo!

spiman
09-19-2008, 10:46 PM
That is Fatlock ya know..Kansas City Star dude right? Nasty

tornadospotter
09-19-2008, 10:51 PM
That is Fatlock ya know..Kansas City Star dude right? Nasty
yep!

windwalker
01-17-2009, 07:19 AM
What positions would a Nun and a Hooker play???

spiman
01-17-2009, 07:33 AM
What positions would a Nun and a Hooker play??? I would guess tailback:lol:

AkChief49
01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I like the RB,s and Wide Receivers. But as Chiefster said, these do not work well without the front line! Please bring back the redwood forest!

hardcorechiefsfan
01-17-2009, 09:08 PM

Great answer! Great answer!

prough91
01-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I like watching Thigpen play.

Chiefster
01-25-2009, 12:17 AM
I like watching Thigpen play.

HEY!!!!!!!! A prough91 sighting!!!!!

prough91
01-25-2009, 08:54 PM
HEY!!!!!!!! A prough91 sighting!!!!!

Yeah, but the pictures are always fuzzy.

honda522
01-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Well, my favorite position is the TE, thanks to Tony G. :)

KristofLaw
01-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Gotta go with the big point guys, nothing like a good kicker... just kidding, last line of defence best safety on the field.

Codac
01-29-2009, 04:22 PM
I like CB. With a good CB you can do good damage and prevent big plays.

Chiefster
02-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I like CB. With a good CB you can do good damage and prevent big plays.

That can be done with a good "D" lineman also. :D

AussieChiefsFan
02-17-2009, 04:30 AM
I love WR. TE is good too.:022-Potion02: