PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Albert - Yea or Nay???

jakesmith
08-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Well we have had in depth conversations (with a few insults and rants thrown in for good flavor) about Albert. The first week of Training camp is about over. What say you???

Myself, I'm hopeful. From all reports Albert is showing a lot more foot speed than expected. There will obviously be some learning curve ahead, but hopefully he will do ok.

m0ef0e
08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty hyped about the guy myself.

royalswin100games
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm rooting for him. We will see.

Three7s
08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Just don't expect him to be Willie Roaf right off the bat. I'm confident in his ability right off with the running game, but I still question his pass protection, and will for some time.

doomsday
08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
I think he will do well. He has the tools, the teachers. Just needs seasoning in my opinion. Doesn't hurt that Waters is there either. :)

Albert Phan
08-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I think its hard to complain with how Branden has performed thus far. I agree with Three7s that the pass protection is going to take some time, but wait until you see him bulldoze opposing DEs once they're playing for real. The man is a steam roller, plain and simple, and LJ is going to be running left quite a bit this year.

royalswin100games
08-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Welcome Phan. Like the optimism. Hope you're right.

Seek
08-01-2008, 04:55 PM
what is there to discuss. He has practiced for one week. Anyone saying Neh is just a hater wishing for the worste.

royalswin100games
08-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Careful, 31 may get critical on ya.

jakesmith
08-01-2008, 06:52 PM
what is there to discuss. He has practiced for one week. Anyone saying Neh is just a hater wishing for the worste.

True, but there were some sceptics around here just after the draft. Just wondering if they still have the same opinion.

Also, true about the Pass protection. However, I wonder if that really matters. From what I understand the Cheifs are going to try to ram the ball down the throats of the opposing team. (Of course we've heard this before....)

royalswin100games
08-01-2008, 07:04 PM
"Ram the ball down the throats of the opposing team." Sounds like Herm.

Chiefster
08-01-2008, 07:48 PM
...Maybe.

tornadospotter
08-01-2008, 08:15 PM
I am fired up about him, but concerned about his ankles.

milkman
08-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Myself, I'm hopeful. From all reports Albert is showing a lot more foot speed than expected. There will obviously be some learning curve ahead, but hopefully he will do ok.

If you didn't expect him to show good foot speed, then you weren't paying any attention.

I came away from watching the combine telling everyone he has the fastest feet of any of the linemen in this draft.
I had already been impressed by his quick feet after watching him in a couple of games and seeing other highlights leading up to the combines.

Mike Mayock used the perfect description.

Albert has dancer's feet.

jerhart
08-03-2008, 08:05 AM
...how can you judge him...he hasn't played a snap? :sign0153:

arrowheadGoon305
08-06-2008, 03:28 AM
i expect b.albert 2 do good by da time da season startz...i just wish we still had will shields and willie roaf, lol...but im sure our o-line will b better den last yearz, n LJ's numbers will b higher

chief31
08-06-2008, 05:42 AM
I think he will wind-up as a pretty good OG.

That's where run-blocking studs who aren't so great at open-field p***-blocking go in the NFL.

And if they were already put there in college, that tells me not to expect much in the way of p***-protection.

milkman
08-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I think he will wind-up as a pretty good OG.

That's where run-blocking studs who aren't so great at open-field p***-blocking go in the NFL.

And if they were already put there in college, that tells me not to expect much in the way of p***-protection.

Albert was going to be moved to LT after Marcus McNeill was drafted, but injuries along the O-Line pushed Albert back inside becasue they didn't feel they had a quality replacement at LG and were confident in Monroe's ability to play at LT.

When Monroe proved capable and the O-Line developed chemistry, they decided it was best to leave things as they were.

milkman
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Albert was going to be moved to LT after Marcus McNeill was drafted, but injuries along the O-Line pushed Albert back inside becasue they didn't feel they had a quality replacement at LG and were confident in Monroe's ability to play at LT.

When Monroe proved capable and the O-Line developed chemistry, they decided it was best to leave things as they were.

Getting my OTs confused.

I mean't D'Brick Ferguson.

Big Daddy Tek
08-07-2008, 10:15 AM
None of us have any idea until he plays. Missing the entire pre-season is not gonne help, His first NFL action is gonna be against Richard Seymour and Adelius Thomas in the patriots 3-4 scheme. It probably wont be very pretty. Judging by what I have seen from him in college, I think that he will be good. He has everything he needs to be a great tackle. But hes playing maybe the hardest position in pro football, so we have to give him time.

doomsday
09-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Ha Ha! They did just that today jakesmith! 198 yards for LJ. This is the plan, its been a matter of execution. Today it was executed.

milkman
10-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Well, injuries have to be a concern for Albert now, though he's never been injury prone before.

But there shouldn't be any question about his potential to play LT now that we've seen him in 3+ games, and seen how well he's played even though he missed most of training camp and all of preseason.

Seek
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Well, injuries have to be a concern for Albert now, though he's never been injury prone before.

But there shouldn't be any question about his potential to play LT now that we've seen him in 3+ games, and seen how well he's played even though he missed most of training camp and all of preseason.

Someone rolled into his arm dislocating it. It is not like he dislocated it falling down or pushing someone. That injury would have happened to anyone in his postion.

I wouldn't consider that injury prone since he was at the wrong spot at the wrong time.

chief31
10-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Someone rolled into his arm dislocating it. It is not like he dislocated it falling down or pushing someone. That injury would have happened to anyone in his postion.

I wouldn't consider that injury prone since he was at the wrong spot at the wrong time.

But is "wrong spot, wrong time"-prone?

:lol:

Seek
10-06-2008, 01:03 PM
But is "wrong spot, wrong time"-prone?

Prone (Pron) Adj. Having a tendency;[From latin Pronus]

Being at the wrong spot at the wrong it is not a tendancy.

chief31
10-08-2008, 02:53 AM
Prone (Pron) Adj. Having a tendency;[From latin Pronus]

Being at the wrong spot at the wrong it is not a tendancy.

Of course it is. Haven't you ever worked with someone who is just always in the way?:D

It is a part of ones overall awareness.

Seek
10-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Of course it is. Haven't you ever worked with someone who is just always in the way?:D

It is a part of ones overall awareness.

I guess your right. If Albert was more like Big Mac and just let his guy go by instead of knocking his guy on the ground 10 yards away from the play. He wouldn't have got hurt.

chief31
10-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I guess your right. If Albert was more like Big Mac and just let his guy go by instead of knocking his guy on the ground 10 yards away from the play. He wouldn't have got hurt.

That's one way of looking at it. But a big part of being injury-prone, is having a tendancy to accidentally put yourself in harms way.

jtandcrew
10-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I like his physicalness on the line but I dont like that he has already been hurt twice in his rookie year. Dont know if it means hes prone or just bad luck. Either way its not helping the team or him in his learning.

rbedgood
10-09-2008, 01:18 PM

That's one way of looking at it. But a big part of being injury-prone, is having a tendancy to accidentally put yourself in harms way.

Yeah, but you have to give the guy a year or two before you call it a trend. A rolled ankle (or was it a knee?) and an elbow injury aren't enough for a trend. However if we see another injury later this year, and one early next season I'd start to worry.

Seek
10-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Yeah, but you have to give the guy a year or two before you call it a trend. A rolled ankle (or was it a knee?) and an elbow injury aren't enough for a trend. However if we see another injury later this year, and one early next season I'd start to worry.

I think he hurt an ankle in OTa's. Hurt it again in the scrimmage against Minnesota and now the elbow.

He said he has never been hurt before and this is the first time he has ever sat out due to injury.

rbedgood
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
I think he hurt an ankle in OTa's. Hurt it again in the scrimmage against Minnesota and now the elbow.

He said he has never been hurt before and this is the first time he has ever sat out due to injury.

I'd say the ankle really counts as one injury that probably never completely healed...

As for the elbow, I'd call it a fluke...

If the guy had a history of problems in college then that'd be another story. If he has more injuries this year and next then...

jtandcrew
10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
I'd say the ankle really counts as one injury that probably never completely healed...

As for the elbow, I'd call it a fluke...

If the guy had a history of problems in college then that'd be another story. If he has more injuries this year and next then...

I agree that we need to let him have a chance and he hasnt proven yet he is injury prone. Although it is disturbing.

History of injury problems? You mean Croyle? :lol:

rbedgood
10-10-2008, 04:01 AM
History of injury problems? You mean Croyle? :lol:

Yep...they're about to start calling him Mr Glass

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/13.jpg