PDA

View Full Version : Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

McLovin
08-01-2008, 10:06 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/89

Injured Albert could miss the rest of camp

Rookie offensive tackle Branden Albert could miss the remainder of training camp with what the Chiefs called a sprained foot.
Albert was injured during Thursday night’s joint practice against the Minnesota Vikings. The Chiefs initially called the injury a sprained ankle.
Coach Herm Edwards called Albert day to day, but acknowledged Albert was unlikely to play in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Bears in Chicago.
"I’d say he’s more out than in," Edwards said. "He’ll have to rest it and see where he’s at right now."
Other officials indicated the Chiefs probably wouldn’t get their starting left tackle back before the Chiefs break training camp on Aug. 15. The injury is similar to the one received in training camp two years ago by guard Brian Waters
Waters missed three weeks of practice.
An absence of a similar length for Albert would be a huge setback for the Chiefs. Albert was a first-round pick and their only major addition as the Chiefs attempt to rebuild what last season was one of the worst offensive lines in the league.
Herb Taylor, a sixth-round draft pick last season who played on offense in only one game as a rookie, replaced Albert in practice Friday.

Submitted by Adam Teicher on August 1, 2008 - 6:47pm.

Three7s
08-01-2008, 10:11 PM
That's the only other thing I'm worried about. Albert seems pretty injury prone.

Chiefster
08-01-2008, 10:18 PM
So, our swiss cheese O-line now has one more hole.

Three7s
08-01-2008, 10:20 PM
So, our swiss cheese O-line now has one more hole.
Swiss cheese? More like bubble wrap!

Chiefster
08-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Swiss cheese? More like bubble wrap!

Nah, bubble wrap would, at least, provide some level of protection.

Three7s
08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Nah, bubble wrap would, at least, provide some level of protection.
You forget, the defense would have to eat the swiss cheese! Bubble wrap, they just run over it!

Chiefster
08-01-2008, 10:45 PM
You forget, the defense would have to eat the swiss cheese! Bubble wrap, they just run over it!

I think you're missing the analogy between our O-line and Swiss cheese. :11: :D

tornadospotter
08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
This sucks, but we need to belive that a Chief Player will step in and do the job!

milkman
08-02-2008, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't call him injry prone based on what has happened in OTAs and one week of camp.
He stayed pretty healthy throughout his college career.

Teicher is speculating the time he will miss based on Waters injury last year.
Waters is in his 30s now, Albert is 21, 22?

Young guys heal faster.

DMN
08-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Of course this is the last thing I wanted to hear. If he is out for the rest of camp I wonder if they might bring in any free agents that can compete or if they just keep using taylor? So much for the O line becoming "cohesive"
It is kinda sad with a young QB trying to develop and franchise and the amazing RB group we have that more changes weren't made...... I am just not convinced with what we have.

Coach
08-03-2008, 10:44 AM
I hear something......Oh, it's Hermie packing his bags.

McLovin
08-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I hear something......Oh, it's Hermie packing his bags.
Is it too early to start the Cowher chant.

chief31
08-06-2008, 05:33 AM

Well, I started it about a year ago. :D

batteryblog8
08-12-2008, 02:53 AM
Researches and interviews will be conducted on IPR related hot topics and key issues to raise public awareness and look for effective solutions IBM BATTERY (http://www.batterylaptoppower.com/). Priority areas will include non-service invention-creation, patent-to-technology transformation and the IPR protection TOSHIBA BATTERY (http://www.batterylaptoppower.com/) awareness of the younger generation.

Three7s
08-12-2008, 03:37 AM
No one cares.

YZILLA
08-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Chiefsinsider from Warpaint said he talked to Albert and in no way did he seem like he was in any pain or limping. If he had a stress fracture for sure it would have been confirmed by now.( Not by the Kansas City Star )!

YZILLA
08-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Then Again some dude said he was walking with a soft cast and crutches so who really knows for sure.

McLovin
08-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Then Again some dude said he was walking with a soft cast and crutches so who really knows for sure.

Chiefs rookie LT Branden Albert expects to miss the rest of the preseason "barring a miracle."

Albert is in a walking boot and on crutches for his sprained foot, and it looks like the injury could carry over into the start of the regular season. More rough news for Chiefs fans and the Kansas City offense.
Source: Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/737257.html)

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=4805

jtandcrew
08-13-2008, 04:10 PM

I, also have been chanting that since last year. Give Cowher full control and get rid of both Carl and Herm!

McLovin
08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
I, also have been chanting that since last year. Give Cowher full control and get rid of both Carl and Herm!

Hmmm lure Cowher out of retirement with a mixture GM/Head Coach ... hmmm might just work

Three7s
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
You guys can pray.

Chiefster
08-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Great! More good news. :rolleyes:

tornadospotter
08-21-2008, 10:38 AM
Has anyone heard any updates on Albert's injury?

5xchamps
08-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Hmmm lure Cowher out of retirement with a mixture GM/Head Coach ... hmmm might just work

man...
that is so not a good idea i can't even tell you. unless of course your goal is to kick a$$ in the regular season to the point where you get home field advantage throughout the playoffs then get waxed in the AFC championship at home.

Bike
08-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Do it now. Clark needs help. Carl aint it.

Canada
08-22-2008, 04:49 PM
man...
that is so not a good idea i can't even tell you. unless of course your goal is to kick a$$ in the regular season to the point where you get home field advantage throughout the playoffs then get waxed in the AFC championship at home.

Its still a step up from going 13-3 regular season only to be bounced in Round 1 :bananen_smilies046:

5xchamps
08-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Its still a step up from going 13-3 regular season only to be bounced in Round 1 :bananen_smilies046:

honestly i'd rather that than be 2 steps away and get it handed to me repeatedly

Canada
08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
honestly i'd rather that than be 2 steps away and get it handed to me repeatedly

I noticed your name is 5x champs. I guess I could change mine to 1x champs before I was born!?! You guys did get there eventually!!

5xchamps
08-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I noticed your name is 5x champs. I guess I could change mine to 1x champs before I was born!?! You guys did get there eventually!!

yea so....maybe i outta stfu.:lol:

i was just saying i don't think cowher is the answer

Canada
08-22-2008, 06:16 PM
yea so....maybe i outta stfu.:lol:

i was just saying i don't think cowher is the answer

I am still trying to figure out if Herm is the answer. Sometimes I like him and then he goes and does something dumb. I am not as much af a Hermhater as most around here. I say let him have his chance and if he sh!ts the bed them kick his *** outta town and on to the next guy!! :bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
08-22-2008, 07:41 PM
I agree Canada. The only reason I would like to see Cowher come into KC is that we have never tried a GM/HC before. I, for one, would like to see a change of pace rather then hiring a 1 sided head coach. ie...Herm (defense)....Vermiel (offense)....Gunther (defense)....although in diffrent years Marty did have some sort of equality but not all the time. I would like to have a HC who has to answer to both sides of the ball and not answer to a GM. Also, yes i live in KS and yes the is a OZ!:beer:

tornadospotter
08-22-2008, 08:56 PM
[quote=jtandcrew;94004]I agree Canada. The only reason I would like to see Cowher come into KC is that we have never tried a GM/HC before. I, for one, would like to see a change of pace rather then hiring a 1 sided head coach. ie...Herm (defense)....Vermiel (offense)....Gunther (defense)....although in diffrent years Marty did have some sort of equality but not all the time. I would like to have a HC who has to answer to both sides of the ball and not answer to a GM. Also, yes i live in KS and yes the is a OZ![:beer:/quote]
:beer: ask the wizard!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :lol: :bananen_smilies046: