PDA

View Full Version : Before it hits the fan, no. NO, NO, NO!!!!

texaschief
08-05-2008, 02:19 PM
PANTHERS DONE WITH SMITH?
Mike Florio

In the wake of Friday’s troubling incident between receiver Steve Smith and cornerback Ken Lucas, the Panthers could be thinking about life without the talented-but-troubled wideout.

Matt Mosley of ESPN.com reports that there are “rumblings” out of Panthers camp that the team is fed up with Smith’s actions, and are at least considering the idea of trading him.

Mosley says that Smith has become a “divisive force” on the team: “One Panthers source said that several defensive backs were walking around after the recent incident saying that if management didn’t discipline Smith, they would.”

And Mosley, whose covers the NFC East for ESPN.com’s post-Hashmarks blog project, partially justifies his encroachment upon Pat Yasinskas’ NFC South turf by suggesting that the Cowboys could be Smith’s ultimate destination.

Other teams that would at least consider Smith include, in our view, the Eagles, Vikings, Bears, and Redskins.

***uming that Smith wouldn’t want a new deal, his cap charge for 2008 is a very manageable $1.75 million. Because it’s after June 1, the Panthers wouldn’t take a cap hit for the move until 2009.

Smith currently is signed through 2012. His future salaries are $3.4 million 2009, $5.75 million in 2010, $7 million in 2011, and $7.75 million in 2012.

If you can't tell, I'm going on the record as saying there's no way in hell i would want this guy on the team!! I realize I'll probably be in the minority, but that's nothing new.

If we're still building this team, we can't afford to give away the high draft picks the Panthers will be asking for, for a 5'8 WR.

DrunkHillbilly
08-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure I would want him either but it has nothing to do with him being 5'8! He dominated the league two seasons ago and i personall think he is one of the better receivers in the game regardless of his size.

jtandcrew
08-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Honestly, I would not mind having him but, I would not trade for him. If they are really done with him then they will just out right release him and then I would take a look. If it was possible to sign him I would not sell the farm inorder to do it either. I would also rework the contract and have a behavior clause added to it. If I remember right the Chiefs did the same thing with Rison and his personality issues also but i could be wrong in that. Smith would be a nice compliment to D Bo if Smith can keep his mouth shut and just play the game.

jerhart
08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Smith would be a nice compliment to D Bo

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...this could be a dangerous tandem. :11:

Seek
08-05-2008, 05:45 PM
the guy blind sided his own team mate, while his team mate was taking a knee with his helmet off. He hit him square in the face and broke his nose. We are talking about his team mate who is a pretty darn good corner too...

No way do you want that on this team. That is why they are thinking about cutting him.

AkChief49
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
yeah he's good......but a t_rd!!!!!

texaschief
08-05-2008, 10:47 PM
the guy blind sided his own team mate, while his team mate was taking a knee with his helmet off. He hit him square in the face and broke his nose. We are talking about his team mate who is a pretty darn good corner too...

No way do you want that on this team. That is why they are thinking about cutting him.

exactly

Chiefster
08-05-2008, 11:55 PM
It's a moot point seeing how it appears that he isn't considering us and I highly doubt that we are considering him.

milkman
08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm not sure I would want him either but it has nothing to do with him being 5'8! He dominated the league two seasons ago and i personall think he is one of the better receivers in the game regardless of his size.

Agree with everything you said here.

m0ef0e
08-06-2008, 02:00 PM
No doubts the guy is talented but I don't want him.

They mentioned him winding up at the Dallas Cowboy's correctional facility. Now, they just need to sign Michael Vick and people can watch The Longest Yard every Sunday.

Nel Toille
08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't mind signing Smith... as long as we had someone with a tranquilizer gun keeping an eye on him at all times.

texaschief
08-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I wouldn't mind signing Smith... as long as we had someone with a tranquilizer gun keeping an eye on him at all times.

LMAO... I just got this visual of some dude sittin in a tree watching Smith thru a scope dressed like Steve Irwin and talking to the camera analyzing Smiths route running and demonstrating just how to piss off the subject by yelling out cracks about his height and where he grew up.