PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

capooth
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey Everyone,

First off, congrats on the win last night. I have always enjoyed watching NFL games but have never had a team to follow because i mainly kept up with college football. However, all that has changed since my friend Brad Cottam joined the cheifs. I am not going to go as far as saying I am a cheifs fan now because I believe i still have to earn the right to say that. However, i was wondering if someone would not mind giving me some insight into Brad's play last night. I see that he had 3 catches for 33 yards but I was hoping someone who watched the game could give me a little bit better breakdown of his play. I will be watching every Cheifs game i can from here on out!!

texaschief
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
He is undoubtedly the heir apparent to Tony Gonzalez. He looked great catching the ball and making a couple moves in the open field. As you know, he's a HUGE target for our young QB and showed last night thru his p*** catching and run blocking that he will be an ***et for this organization for years to come. GREAT PICK BY THE CHIEFS IN ROUND 3!!

I was impressed with his route running. When the play called for it, he was able to sell the run, then slip out to receive a p***. I thought he handled himself well in run blocking as well. I know of 3 plays in particular where he was able to drive his man off the ball. That was quite impressive considering he was locked up with either a DE or OLB who obviously have distinct leverage advantages. I'm excited about Cottam and I have a feeling more than a few teams will be kicking themselves for p***ing on Cottam this past draft.

Btw, welcome to Chiefs nation.

AkChief49
08-08-2008, 10:06 PM
double TE sets with this guy and Gonzo? Should keep the other D. coordinators busy to say the least! and yes he is a beast!

m0ef0e
08-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm excited about Cottam as well. He runs routes well as texas said and has some soft hands. I am really glad we picked this guy up. He's very talented and now he gets to learn from the best TE to ever touch a football. Expect great things from Brad in the future.

tornadospotter
08-09-2008, 06:41 PM
I agree! I like this TE also!
:welcome: To the Chiefs Crowd.

capooth
08-11-2008, 12:33 PM
:bananen_smilies046: Thanks guys for the warm welcome and the insight!