PDA

View Full Version : Crowd Features...

Chiefster
05-15-2007, 03:15 AM
While talking with Guru it occurred to us that perhaps many of the new members and possibly some of the vets may not be entirely familiar with some of the new features now associated with the forums such as how to award Reputation points (good or bad), how to send Private Messages (PM's), how to edit posts or effectively use the "quote" option. Or, perhaps you need help with an avatar or a signature. Whatever the case may be; here is an excellent opportunity to get your questions answered. :D

Posting And You... (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php)

Guru
05-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Ok. How do you start a thread?

Chiefster
05-15-2007, 03:30 AM
Ok. How do you start a thread?

Glad you asked; you simply click on one of the categories in the "Forums Home" link. Then in the upper left hand corner you will find the "New Thread" tab, click on that and it's just that simple. :)

chief31
05-15-2007, 06:19 AM
rep points?

Chiefster
05-15-2007, 01:33 PM
rep points?

Yep! You see the little green squares located just underneath a series of icons in the upper right hand corner of all your posts? Well throughout the course of your time here you will notice that they have been multiplying, in fact you now have more then me. Well it has nothing to do with your post count; you merely hit the scales icon located above your little green squares on any given post, except yours, and add or subtract to ones reputation by hitting the approve or disapprove in the window that pops up. You also have the option to comment on the person's post which is only visible to the member when they check their "User CP".

Canada
05-15-2007, 09:09 PM
How do I highlight part of a Quote that I want to reply too?

Chiefster
05-15-2007, 10:18 PM
How do I highlight part of a Quote that I want to reply too?

You mean make "bold" as I have done in you question?

Canada
05-16-2007, 10:28 AM
You mean make "bold" as I have done in you question?
Yes...it looks so neat when you guys do it :)

Chiefster
05-16-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes...it looks so neat when you guys do it :)

Ok, if you are using Internet Explorer then simply depress the left mouse button and while holding it down run the curser over the text you wish to "bold" and this will highlight it; then place the pointer over the upper case "B" located at the top left hand corner of the text box and click. That's all you do.

Canada
05-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok, if you are using Internet Explorer then simply depress the left mouse button and while holding it down run the curser over the text you wish to "bold" and this will highlight it then place the pointer over the upper case "B" located at the top left hand corner of the text box and click. That's all you do.
I see. Thank you!

Chiefster
05-16-2007, 05:07 PM
I see. Thank you!

Not a problem bud. :D

chief31
05-17-2007, 02:04 AM
How do I go about quoting two seperate posts, in one single response?

Chiefster
05-17-2007, 05:37 AM

Ahhhhh, three words: cut and paste. Simply cut or copy a quote hit the "back" tab then paste it onto the text box of the second quote. Be sure to include the all html [] brackets.

Coach
05-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Like this??

Ahhhhh, three words: cut and paste. Simply cut or copy a quote hit the "back" tab then paste it onto the text box of the second quote. Be sure to include the all html [] brackets.

I believe you mean something like this. You'll click on Multi-Quote for as many posts as you'd like. The last post you'll click on "quote". Your screen should now show all posts that you click "Multi-Q" on along with the post that you lastly clicked "Quote" on.

Thanks,
Coach

Chiefster
05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Like this??

I believe you mean something like this. You'll click on Multi-Quote for as many posts as you'd like. The last post you'll click on "quote". Your screen should now show all posts that you click "Multi-Q" on along with the post that you lastly clicked "Quote" on.

Thanks,
Coach

Yup, that would be the easy way that I've never done. :D

chief31
05-18-2007, 02:15 AM
Like this??

Thanks,
Coach

Oh, excellent. Thanks, a bunch. I almost feel mentally challenged, having not noticed the <+MULTI_Q> button, right next to the <quote> button.

chief31
05-18-2007, 03:25 PM

I have found a new skill.

Like this??

Thanks,
Coach

This is going to become useful.

Yup, that would be the easy way that I've never done. :D

I appreciate it, Coach.

Chiefster
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I have found a new skill.

This is going to become useful.

I appreciate it, Coach.

Skills are good! :D

Guru
05-21-2007, 12:55 AM
And for the n00bs...

Chiefster
05-21-2007, 05:27 AM
And for the n00bs...

Absolutely priceless! Best resource ever!! :)

Coach
05-21-2007, 09:19 PM
And for the n00bs...

Nice link. And for those of you that are very new: n00bs = newbies.:redface:

Chiefster
05-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Nice link. And for those of you that are very new: n00bs = newbies.:redface:

Yep! And, the only way to graduate out of n00b status is to post, and post wisely. :D

Guru
05-22-2007, 05:09 AM
Yep! And, the only way to graduate out of n00b status is to post, and post wisely. :D

And yet, you still have not learned.:ban:

Chiefster
05-22-2007, 05:14 AM
And yet, you still have not learned.:ban:

LOL!!! I take after you. :p

chief31
05-25-2007, 06:01 PM

Well, the wisdom is optional, isn't it, Chiefster?

Chiefster
05-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Well, the wisdom is optional, isn't it, Chiefster?

Heh! It often is.

Guru
05-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Heh! It often is.

Like he knows anything about wisdom.

Chiefster
05-30-2007, 05:07 AM
Like he knows anything about wisdom.

Well you can't talk where you and I talk and not learn a few things.

chief31
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Is there an easy way to quote someones post from one thread and use it in amother?

Chiefster
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Is there an easy way to quote someones post from one thread and use it in amother?

That would be where your ability to cut and paste would be useful.

BoredomReallySux
06-21-2007, 01:04 PM
And for the n00bs...

Funny video, and yet helpful at the same time. :)

Chiefster
06-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Got some good news about a new feature! Each individual member should now have the option of displaying there own custom titles or just going with the sites default titles. Simply go to User CP and then click on "Edit Profile".