PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Room Problems

Canada
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
ATTN Anyone going to the home opener. The Red Roof Inn in Independence is closed. They are now Americas Best Value Inn. The Red Roof Inn closed without notifying anyone that their reservations are no good. I fortunately called them today to confirm all of our reservations. There is room at Americas Best Value Inn (same address as the Red Roof) I have made reservations for everyone who had them at the Red Roof, however the cost is now $62.99 _taxes/night. If this is a problem please let me know ASAP. Here are the following reservations that I have made.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Canada - 3 Rooms
YZILLA - 2 Rooms
Chief 31 - 1 Room Smoking
Coach - 1 Room King

Saturday, Sunday

YZILLA - 2 Rooms
Tornado - 2 Rooms
Hayvern - 1 Room
GarciaKC - 1 Room

Saturday only

Tammietailgator - 1 Room Smoking
Chiefster - 1 Room

* All rooms are currently reserved under my name. I will sort out the individual rooms when I arrive in KC on Friday morning.

**All rooms are non smoking with 2 double beds unless otherwise specified. Again, ANY problems let me know ASAP. Sorry for the hassle.

***F#$K Red Roof Inn.

Canada:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
08-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Mine should be two rooms for Sat and Sunday.
I will not be there friday nite.

Canada
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Mine should be two rooms for Sat and Sunday.
I will not be there friday nite.

Sorry, I have you all for Sat, Sun. That was just a typo. I have not slept yet today, but thanks for pointing it out!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
08-19-2008, 01:27 PM
Sorry, I have you all for Sat, Sun. That was just a typo. I have not slept yet today, but thanks for pointing it out!! :bananen_smilies046:
OK, had me worried there was a problem. :D
Thank goodness you found out about this! Now I owe you beer, or HH, or TT, would have to let us all stay at their place! Humm, maybe they owe you beer instead of the rest of us, humm.:D

Canada
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
OK, had me worried there was a problem. :D
Thank goodness you found out about this! Now I owe you beer, or HH, or TT, would have to let us all stay at their place! Humm, maybe they owe you beer instead of the rest of us, humm.:D

I can't believe they did not even call and tell me, and don't worry, you can all buy me a beer!! :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
08-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Beer is better than currency with Canada. I hope you guys have a great time...

YZILLA
08-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I wanna see a picture of your new Tat !

anaeelbackwards
08-19-2008, 08:25 PM
so whos' room gonna have the best party that i can go crash? :yahoo: :beer:

YZILLA
08-19-2008, 08:33 PM
We will be out in the parking lot with the grill and the beer , and the football, and the chairs, and the .......

tornadospotter
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
We will be out in the parking lot with the grill and the beer , and the football, and the chairs, and the .......
Chiefs Homers!!!:beer:
Nice tat

YZILLA
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Thank you ! Canada told me he was getting one today , I cant wait to see it ! get a picture up Canada !

anaeelbackwards
08-19-2008, 09:00 PM

"and the......"

what else more could you want?

maybe a couch for those who have had a little too much a drink.:drunkhb:

tammietailgator
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds good to me! I thought that was about the price anyway. :bananen_smilies046:

Guru
08-20-2008, 12:26 AM
I called Red Roof and they still have my reservation active. How cool is that! They can charge me for staying at a hotel they don't own. I have to call their customer relations line tomorrow afternoon to get that taken care of. For some reason the normal reservation people can't cancel the reservation in situations like this.

AkChief49
08-20-2008, 01:46 AM
I wanna see a picture of your new Tat !Zilla, if I EVER get a tat.....I just might copy yours!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
08-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Thank you ! Canada told me he was getting one today , I cant wait to see it ! get a picture up Canada !

I m workin' on it!! It didnt get finished until about 330 this morning. I am charging the batteries for the camera and should have a pic up soon!! :bananen_smilies046:

RedRooflovesKCChiefs
08-20-2008, 10:36 AM
We apologize for the problems! We understood that all reservations would be honored. Give us a call at the Red Roof on 435 & 210 only 10 minutes away: 816.452.8585. :welcome:

Canada
08-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry Red Roof. Alternate arrangements have already been made. I was never informed of the changes. I also attempted to contact Red Roof Inn twice yesterday and both times I was told someone would call back and never did. It is not a surprise that you have hotels closing with that type of customer service.

YZILLA
08-20-2008, 10:55 PM
I always likes the RedRoof because they were accommodating for Chiefs fans who liked to drink some beer and toss the football around out in the parking lot. I also liked the one off of Noland because it was back and outa the way of traffic and other businesses. The only thing they should have done was call us and tell us what was up. Had we just showed up on home opener weekend, things might have been hectic . I'm sure as a big company they would normally follow some type of protocol and let people with reservations know. Someone maybe got let go and decided to drop the ball.

Canada
08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
I always likes the RedRoof because they were accommodating for Chiefs fans who liked to drink some beer and toss the football around out in the parking lot. I also liked the one off of Noland because it was back and outa the way of traffic and other businesses. The only thing they should have done was call us and tell us what was up. Had we just showed up on home opener weekend, things might have been hectic . I'm sure as a big company they would normally follow some type of protocol and let people with reservations know. Someone maybe got let go and decided to drop the ball.

I know that it may have been accidental, but I called them twice and was told both times that someone would call me back within 15 minutes and I still have not heard from them. I would have been pissed if we all showed up on the weekend to find that we had no hotel.

jtandcrew
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
if that woulda happened, i woulda put you all up abnd even bought the sleeping bags! :lol:

Canada
08-20-2008, 11:50 PM
if that woulda happened, i woulda put you all up abnd even bought the sleeping bags! :lol:

Hey guys, I know where we are crashing next year!! :bananen_smilies046:

RedRooflovesKCChiefs
08-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Again, we are truly sorry for the lack of communication. There are no excuses. Hopefully you'll try us again.

Hayvern
08-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Ahh now I know the reason for the changes. We are good with whatever is happening.

Canada
08-24-2008, 06:37 AM
Ahh now I know the reason for the changes. We are good with whatever is happening.

All the rooms are booked at the Americas best value inn under the same names!! Same address too!! :bananen_smilies046: