PDA

View Full Version : The other side to the " Arrowhead " name dispute

Big Daddy Tek
08-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Out of the all 32 nfl teams, 20 of them have taken sponsership money to change its stadiums name. Its not like the Chiefs front office were the only ones to have ever conceived the idea! I read an article that was saying by 2012 there may not be any teams left with traditional stadium names. Other than Soldier, Lambeau and Arrowhead, does it really matter for anybody else? Look at the the Donks! The famous Mile High Stadium is now Invesco Field. But atleast they call it "Invesco field at Mile High." When the Chiefs do decide on a sponsor maybe it will be "at Arrowhead." I dont think I would mind that so much. Dont get me wrong. I cant imagine the chiefs playing at the "Sony Center" or whatever. But at the same time, YOU GUYS MUST REALIZE, BEYOND FANHOOD, that we are talking about 30 to 40 million dollars to buy out a name like Arrowhead. I know its Carl's fault. Everythings Carl's fault. Dinner is cold and its Carl's fault. But stop and realize what day in age we live in. If a new name makes us more competitive in the free agent market (and dont give me the cap crap), or have better Networking or any kind of upgrade to the quality of Chief Football that we have, than why not accept it with open arms.

jtandcrew
08-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Out of the all 32 nfl teams, 20 of them have taken sponsership money to change its stadiums name. Its not like the Chiefs front office were the only ones to have ever conceived the idea! I read an article that was saying by 2012 there may not be any teams left with traditional stadium names. Other than Soldier, Lambeau and Arrowhead, does it really matter for anybody else? Look at the the Donks! The famous Mile High Stadium is now Invesco Field. But atleast they call it "Invesco field at Mile High." When the Chiefs do decide on a sponsor maybe it will be "at Arrowhead." I dont think I would mind that so much. Dont get me wrong. I cant imagine the chiefs playing at the "Sony Center" or whatever. But at the same time, YOU GUYS MUST REALIZE, BEYOND FANHOOD, that we are talking about 30 to 40 million dollars to buy out a name like Arrowhead. I know its Carl's fault. Everythings Carl's fault. Dinner is cold and its Carl's fault. But stop and realize what day in age we live in. If a new name makes us more competitive in the free agent market (and dont give me the cap crap), or have better Networking or any kind of upgrade to the quality of Chief Football that we have, than why not accept it with open arms.

I dont so much have a problem with naming rights as long as they do it the same way as denver...something at arrowhead stadium. Now for the money, and you said dont give you the salary cap crap? I dont think any of that money will go to the team other than pad Clark's wallet. If it went towards the cap then i would be fine. I just dont like to see icon names thrown away. Thats why I was against the downtown ball stadium. KC is in a minority with a sports complex that is easily accessed by the interstate. I love what we have at Truman Sports Complex and dont want any more changes that what has already happened. Although I wasnt opposed to renaming Royals Stadium to Kauffman.

Big Daddy Tek
08-30-2008, 07:53 PM
as Far as Cap Crap
I was just referring to the statement that someone might make, that would say: We already spend the cap limit, how would this let us spend more? And the answer is easy. Just like Dallas or Washington. Signing Bonuses. They add almost nothing to your cap charge and thats what alot of players are looking for when they sign.

jtandcrew
08-31-2008, 02:47 PM
:lol: Your right when you say that...I forgot about that! Although, I think with the higher fuel prices Clark might need that extra money to pay for his jet fuel!:lol:

tornadospotter
09-02-2008, 02:58 AM
Arrowhead Stadium, is a icon, I will not accept any name other than Arrowhead!

tammietailgator
09-03-2008, 09:38 PM

I do think we need to make it @ Arrowhead.... just to be ahead of the game..... :D j/k

jtandcrew
09-03-2008, 10:01 PM
If the name is changed? I will only be happy with "Lamar Hunt Field at Arowhead Sponsered by ___________" I know its long but it will still keep the integrity of Arrowhead and the Truman Sports Complex!

kcchiefs_31
09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/09/1.jpg
Can always try and get arrowhead water to sponsor us! than its the best of both worlds, we can keep the arrowhead name, and get money for it!!