PDA

View Full Version : Bowe NOT wowing the crowds.

Chiefster
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Inside Slant (USA Today)

Those who remember Larry Johnson's initial workouts in the NFL will find it easier to forgive Dwayne Bowe, the rookie receiver Kansas City took with the 23rd pick this season.
Bowe, like Johnson, didn't exactly wow the crowds in his first Chiefs workouts during rookie minicamp last week.
He showed up late, he dropped some passes, he looked a little out of place...

http://www.usatoday.com:80/sports/football/nfl/chiefs/home.htm

What's your slant Crowd?!

Coach
05-21-2007, 11:19 PM
it's early. I hope his effort is good.

kenny1937
05-22-2007, 12:49 AM

Ditto coach, we need quality recievers, and because good people at the WR position, I am pulling for him, he is after all a rookie.

:character00267: what do you think gang, will Bowe make it? Naw he is a bust! Wait a minute, I think he will make it!!

Chiefster
05-22-2007, 04:10 AM

Same here; I'm hoping that it's just rust.

Coach
05-22-2007, 11:15 PM
It wouldn't be the first 1st rd bust we've had.

Chiefster
05-22-2007, 11:25 PM
It wouldn't be the first 1st rd bust we've had.

True the last one we finally shipped of to....Where did Sims go?

kenny1937
05-23-2007, 03:42 AM
:character00179: Hey you guys, lighten up, if Bowe doesn't work out, I have an eye on a guy from Podunk University that I can get for a song!! I have nineteen years experience, and I know what I am doing. I just hope that Clark doesn't take this youth movement to high in management.

:baby2:

Canada
05-23-2007, 06:24 PM
True the last one we finally shipped of to.... Where didSims go?

Tampa Bay

Chiefster
05-23-2007, 06:42 PM
[/b]Tampa Bay

That's right.

Cisco Kid
05-25-2007, 04:43 AM
I'm not overly concerned about Bowe this early into his NFL career, seldom is it that a rookie WR makes a big impact on his team's season. Honestly, I do feel that as the season progresses, so to will Dwayne Bowe!

I'm more interested in and concerned with the development of Webb and Hannon at this point in time. Also, let's not forget about WR Rod Gardner. He is a veteran and big...just waiting to see Parker traded for yet another 2008 draft pick, maybe the Redskins or Texans.

Chiefster
05-25-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm not overly concerned about Bowe this early into his NFL career, seldom is it that a rookie WR makes a big impact on his team's season. Honestly, I do feel that as the season progresses, so to will Dwayne Bowe!

I'm more interested in and concerned with the development of Webb and Hannon at this point in time. Also, let's not forget about WR Rod Gardner. He is a veteran and big...just waiting to see Parker traded for yet another 2008 draft pick, maybe the Redskins or Texans.

Where you been young man?! :)

Yeah I'm not overly concerned with Bowe just quite yet; it'll be interesting to see how he develops over the course of his rookie season though. Although I am hoping that he can be an impact player. I think he will definitely create competition at that position.

Cisco Kid
05-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Top Of The Mornin' to you Sir Chiefster! I've been away taking care of a wedding...my youngest girl just tide to knot.

I'm also very interested in the WR from Missouri, Ebecubee or something like that...I'm more than ready for camp to begin!

*WR Brad Ekwerekwu 6-3 216

Chiefster
05-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Top Of The Mornin' to you Sir Chiefster! I've been away taking care of a wedding...my youngest girl just tide to knot.

I'm also very interested in the WR from Missouri, Ebecubee or something like that...I'm more than ready for camp to begin!

*WR Brad Ekwerekwu 6-3 216

Good morining to you as well! Congrats on the wedding; you're not loosing a daughter; you're gaining a son. :D

...And ditto on camp; I'm ready to get preseason out of the way and get started on the regular season. It's gonna be a tough one.

Cisco Kid
05-25-2007, 05:19 AM
I don't think the season will be as bad as many might think. Actually, I see the Chiefs taking the next step and winning a playoff game. Crazy as it might sound, but I think the young players will be taking ownership of their team and fortunes.

Chiefster
05-25-2007, 05:23 AM
I don't think the season will be as bad as many might think. Actually, I see the Chiefs taking the next step and winning a playoff game. Crazy as it might sound, but I think the young players will be taking ownership of their team and fortunes.

Sure hope you're right bud; this years schedule is going to be an up hill struggle IMO, but this is seldom anything new with the Chiefs.

Cisco Kid
05-25-2007, 05:31 AM
To be the best, you have to beat the best...Bring em' on!!!

CHIEFCANNON
05-25-2007, 10:00 AM
This Bowe story... is a non-story :pointlaugh:created to cover the lagg in football news for the Chiefs. Dwayne Bowe is a Rookie making Rookie mistakes with the first day jitters....... NON STORY DESPERATION.

This kid is going to be a fan favorite.... I can't wait for the season to start with Bowe on the field. We haven't had his kind of talent at WR in years. Let him grow into his NFL shoes just like everyone else.... the jersey's will be flying off the shelves at the consesessions.

Chiefster
05-25-2007, 08:48 PM
This Bowe story... is a non-story :pointlaugh:created to cover the lagg in football news for the Chiefs. Dwayne Bowe is a Rookie making Rookie mistakes with the first day jitters....... NON STORY DESPERATION.

This kid is going to be a fan favorite.... I can't wait for the season to start with Bowe on the field. We haven't had his kind of talent at WR in years. Let him grow into his NFL shoes just like everyone else.... the jersey's will be flying off the shelves at the consesessions.

I like the excitement and enthusiasm he brings to the field.

Coach
05-25-2007, 09:45 PM
the jersey's will be flying off the shelves at the consesessions.

Interesting. I'm need a new jersey.

Canada
05-25-2007, 10:07 PM
i need my 24th jersey :) I am obsessed.

Coach
05-25-2007, 10:08 PM
That's an expensive obsession.

Canada
05-25-2007, 10:09 PM
tell me about it...a case of beer in Canada cost 42 bucks!!

Coach
05-25-2007, 10:12 PM
tell me about it...a case of beer in Canada cost 42 bucks!!

Whiskey my friend. Then you'll be dancing on top of the bar for much cheaper.:bananen_smilies085:

Canada
05-25-2007, 10:13 PM
i punch too many people when i drink that stuff. I am only allowed to drink beer (by popular demand)

Coach
05-25-2007, 10:15 PM
i punch too many people when i drink that stuff. I am only allowed to drink beer (by popular demand)

That's me on tequilla. Lot's of broken glass. I'll stop there so as to not inciminate myself.

Canada
05-25-2007, 10:15 PM
i don't ever remember what i do when i drink tequila so...i guess i am pretty well behaved!! :)

Coach
05-25-2007, 10:17 PM
i don't ever remember what i do when i drink tequila so...i guess i am pretty well behaved!! :) Ask your Parole officer.:bananen_smilies037:

Canada
05-25-2007, 10:18 PM
they can't catch me doin nothin....if i had hands i could be a Chiefs receiver (except you would have to have cops chasing me on every play) And yes the jersey obsession does get expensive (forgot what thread i was in :) )

Coach
05-25-2007, 10:22 PM
(except you would have to have cops chasing me on every play)

I have this sneaky suspicion that they would be anyway.

Canada
05-25-2007, 10:25 PM
you know me all too well :) , that is why i drive an ambulance, i am harder to catch when i have lights and sirens too!! :)

Coach
05-25-2007, 10:27 PM
you know me all too well :) , that is why i drive an ambulance, i am harder to catch when i have lights and sirens too!! :)

And you can get YOUR victims to the hospital faster.

Chiefster
05-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Dang! This thread jumped two whole pages since I posted last and has been hijacked! ...I'm so proud! LOL!

Canada
05-26-2007, 01:06 AM
what are you gonna do about the hijacking...call the cops? lol

Chiefster
05-26-2007, 01:19 AM
what are you gonna do about the hijacking...call the cops? lol

Nah, just go along for the ride! :D