PDA

View Full Version : ALL Final cuts right here!

Big Daddy Tek
08-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Kansas City placed TE Michael Merritt on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List (NFI). The Chiefs released:

T Anthony Alabi
TE Michael Allan
WR Jabari Arthur
CB Rashad Barksdale
K Connor Barth
S Khayyam Burns
DE Johnny Dingle
G Edwin Harrison
WR Sergiori Joachim
LB E.J. Kuale
G Travis Leffew
DT Derek Lokey
FB Chris Manderino
WR Kevin McMahan
LB Steve Octavien
DE Jason Parker
LB LeRue Rumph
WR Bobby Sippio (Hope to god hes on the practice squad atleast!)
C Rob Smith
G Tre Stallings
T Will Svitek.

The only one i am wondering about is Bobby Sippio. What the F_(K! Hes never dropped a pass in his life! He was one of the pre-season stars this year. Im not happy with that one!

Although they might be putting him on the practice squad.....HOPEFULLY

Chiefster
08-31-2008, 12:22 AM
Kansas City placed TE Michael Merritt on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury List (NFI). The Chiefs released:

T Anthony Alabi
TE Michael Allan
WR Jabari Arthur
CB Rashad Barksdale
K Connor Barth
S Khayyam Burns
DE Johnny Dingle
G Edwin Harrison
WR Sergiori Joachim
LB E.J. Kuale
G Travis Leffew
DT Derek Lokey
FB Chris Manderino
WR Kevin McMahan
LB Steve Octavien
DE Jason Parker
LB LeRue Rumph
WR Bobby Sippio (Hope to god hes on the practice squad atleast!)
C Rob Smith
G Tre Stallings
T Will Svitek.

The only one i am wondering about is Bobby Sippio. What the F_(K! Hes never dropped a pass in his life! He was one of the pre-season stars this year. Im not happy with that one!

These are about the only names I recognize, and it couldn't have come soon enough for Svitek. I, too, hope there is a spot for Sippio on the practice squad.

Three7s
08-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Tre Stallings was on our O-line for a bit last season to fill in for injuries. Obviously, he stunk.

jryder17
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Looking at some of the players cut by other teams, the Chiefs could pick up some Quarterback help if they were so inclined. They want young players and there are young QB prospects out there with Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski. After watching Thigpen and Croyle this preseason I'd be interested to see the Chiefs take a look at both guys,

jtandcrew
08-31-2008, 02:41 PM
I am actually a bit surprised that they cut the FB Manderino. I didnt think he played bad or anything and I really thought the Chiefs wanted to go with a true FB this yr and not a transplant from another position. I guess for the time being Cottam will turn into the next Jason Dunn (Atleast for now) :D

McLovin
08-31-2008, 03:42 PM
Looking through the other roster cuts, I have seen some interesting cuts. One of which is QB Andre Woodson, he was touted to be a high pick coming into the draft and was just released by the Giants, I have seen several running backs including Kenton Keith from the Colts last year although I dont feel that the Chiefs need any running backs.

I saw J Lamen who was a good linebacker for the Illini on the cuts and one very interesting cut the Titans cut Calvin Lowry he is a third year guy that played in all 16 games the last 2 years and started 11 last year. I dont see him lasting long but if we could use another safety that would be a nice pick. Although I dont know enough about him to know the downside.

Kicker Josh Huston was waived by the Giants as well they then signed John Carney so it looks like if Nick Novak doesnt get the job done the Chiefs may not have Carney to fall back on this year. Although I hope it doesnt come to this.

I found all of this info at http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/

If anyone sees others they would like to add feel free. Jarome McDougle was another interesting one although I did not add him to my list.

McLovin
08-31-2008, 03:49 PM
I am actually a bit surprised that they cut the FB Manderino. I didnt think he played bad or anything and I really thought the Chiefs wanted to go with a true FB this yr and not a transplant from another position. I guess for the time being Cottam will turn into the next Jason Dunn (Atleast for now) :D
Throughout the Preseason Mike Cox was the number one at FB so I wasnt suprised by losing Manderino and Cox is a rookie where Manderino had a couple of seasons under his belt. I was kinda suprised .. well not suprised but a little let down by releasing Derek Lokey, Larue Rumph and Steve Octavian (Octravian was first team O Line due to injuries).

Three7s
08-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Throughout the Preseason Mike Cox was the number one at FB so I wasnt suprised by losing Manderino and Cox is a rookie where Manderino had a couple of seasons under his belt. I was kinda suprised .. well not suprised but a little let down by releasing Derek Lokey, Larue Rumph and Steve Octavian (Octravian was first team O Line due to injuries).
Cox is a bright spot, thus far. I was just hoping for a FB that could block like T-Rich, but he can catch it and run over people! Big plus, there.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-01-2008, 12:11 AM
With Sippio it was probably his lack of size that got him cut. Hopefully, he'll make the practice squad. :D

McLovin
09-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Interesting observation but did anyone else notice that every one of the 12 Draft picks is either on the 53 or Physically Unable to Play or Non Football Injury lists. Just noticed that and yes I know it is still early after the initial cuts but either the team is too proud to let a draft pick go or they actually had good picks all the way though. I lean toward good picks all the way through.

I did see that they cut Wes Dacus to add Erik Walden, reading about Walden one place predicted him to go Undrafted Free Agent although the Cowgirls selected him in the 6th round ... and I hear he was really underrated but a great player ... guess we will see.

jtandcrew
09-01-2008, 01:24 AM

Cox is a bright spot, thus far. I was just hoping for a FB that could block like T-Rich, but he can catch it and run over people! Big plus, there.

I too was hoping for another T Rich but T Rich was able to catch outta backfield, block and run. I was hoping Manderino was the package. I guess I have to hope Cox will come into his own.

doomsday
09-01-2008, 02:38 PM
T Anthony Alabi
TE Michael Allan
WR Jabari Arthur
CB Rashad Barksdale
K Connor Barth - Have to wait and see how Novak does
S Khayyam Burns
DE Johnny Dingle
G Edwin Harrison
WR Sergiori Joachim
LB E.J. Kuale
G Travis Leffew
DT Derek Lokey - Kid looked like a hustler, guess not
FB Chris Manderino
WR Kevin McMahan
LB Steve Octavien
DE Jason Parker
LB LeRue Rumph
WR Bobby Sippio - Cant figure this one out!!
C Rob Smith
G Tre Stallings
T Will Svitek. - Biggest name cut? He wasnt the answer.

Big Daddy Tek
09-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Mike Cox is our fullback right now. he was Chan Gaileys fullback at Georgia Tech I think

Canada
09-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Mike Cox....isn't there a joke about him and his buddy Mike Hunt? :)

Bike
09-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Mike Cox....isn't there a joke about him and his buddy Mike Hunt? :)
Thats right. We got the Cox and Teddy Bruschi and co. are the hunt! I look for Cox to perform some deep penetration as LJ plows through the hole and scores!!!

Canada
09-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Thats right. We got the Cox and Teddy Bruschi and co. are the hunt! I look for Cox to perform some deep penetration as LJ plows through the hole and scores!!!

:lol::lol::lol: That was so funny I think I will treat myself to a beer or 22 :bananen_smilies046:

Bike
09-01-2008, 09:37 PM
I like beer.

Canada
09-01-2008, 09:43 PM
me too...wanna be friends?

Bike
09-01-2008, 09:49 PM
That depends. Do you or anybody in your family own either a brewery or a sports bar?

tornadospotter
09-02-2008, 02:46 AM
:lol::lol::lol: That was so funny I think I will treat myself to a beer or 22 :bananen_smilies046:
send me one! aw forget it I'll get my own.

I like beer.
Me to!!!!

Yes!!! Wait, we are, never mind, have a :bananen_smilies046: on me.

That depends. Do you or anybody in your family own either a brewery or a sports bar?
Nope but I have financially supported some! :beer: :D ,with no return on my support.

jtandcrew
09-02-2008, 11:54 AM

I like beer.

You both are now my best friends! :lol: :beer:

Canada
09-02-2008, 02:11 PM

My garage is like a Chiefs sports bar with Cheaper beer. I have a pool table, 4 Lazy Boys and a few Satellite TVs. Does that count?:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
09-02-2008, 07:34 PM
My garage is like a Chiefs sports bar with Cheaper beer. I have a pool table, 4 Lazy Boys and a few Satellite TVs. Does that count?:bananen_smilies046:
I'm applying for my passport as we type!!:drunkhb:

Bike
09-02-2008, 07:38 PM
If there is a heaven, it must be your garage....

Dyno-Mite
09-03-2008, 01:57 PM

I'm also very disappointed about the release of Sip.How are we going to let talent like that get away from us.Tek,I'll have to believe that Sip will come back to us during at least week 6 or 7 if we have a injured wide receiver.Sip had to be one of the best 3 arena football players to ever play the arena game.F it..............Sip will be back.

texaschief
09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm also very disappointed about the release of Sip.How are we going to let talent like that get away from us.Tek,I'll have to believe that Sip will come back to us during at least week 6 or 7 if we have a injured wide receiver.Sip had to be one of the best 3 arena football players to ever play the arena game.F it..............Sip will be back.

I'm taking the release of Sippio as a positive. We have all seen what Sippio is capable of... we all have opinions of him and his ability (most of them positive). But what does that say for the guys who weren't cut? We've brought in what, three or four new receivers this season?

Will Franklin
Maurice Price
Devard Darling
Kevin Robinson

I don't think i would take Sippio over any of those guys. I don't know much about Robinson, but he didn't take a spot away from Sippio anyway because he's on the PUP.

I'm just saying, we saw that Sippio belonged on this team last year... but that was LAST YEAR. I think the talent level at WR has risen to the point where Sippio probably shouldn't even be on the practice squad. And, that's more of a testament to the organization bringing in better talent at wide-out.

That's how i see it.

Three7s
09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I think the game that really hurt Sippio was that one game against the Dolphins. He dropped like 5 passes, and simply didn't have a good game. I hate basing whether or not someone makes the team on one game, but that's just how it is.

anaeelbackwards
09-03-2008, 05:54 PM
wasnt sippio like dwayne bowes cousin? or was dwayne bowe chad johnson's cousin? i dont know what im talking about, forgive me.

texaschief
09-03-2008, 07:59 PM
wasnt sippio like dwayne bowes cousin? or was dwayne bowe chad johnson's cousin? i dont know what im talking about, forgive me.

According to DBowe's grandma, he's related to everyone in the league except Peyton and Eli Manning.

jtandcrew
09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
According to DBowe's grandma, he's related to everyone in the league except Peyton and Eli Manning.

:lol: Sippios's sut and not make the practice squad is sorta a shock to me. Especially after the Chiefs stuck with him for so long.

AkChief49
09-03-2008, 11:20 PM
wasnt sippio like dwayne bowes cousin? or was dwayne bowe chad johnson's cousin? i dont know what im talking about, forgive me.Sip and Bowe are cousins(like 4 times removed?) Chad(Ocho Cinco)Johnson and Keyshawn (just give me the damn ball)Johnson are cousins....:toast2:

Dyno-Mite
09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm taking the release of Sippio as a positive. We have all seen what Sippio is capable of... we all have opinions of him and his ability (most of them positive). But what does that say for the guys who weren't cut? We've brought in what, three or four new receivers this season?

Will Franklin
Maurice Price
Devard Darling
Kevin Robinson

I don't think i would take Sippio over any of those guys. I don't know much about Robinson, but he didn't take a spot away from Sippio anyway because he's on the PUP.

I'm just saying, we saw that Sippio belonged on this team last year... but that was LAST YEAR. I think the talent level at WR has risen to the point where Sippio probably shouldn't even be on the practice squad. And, that's more of a testament to the organization bringing in better talent at wide-out.

That's how i see it.

Since when were receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson ever considered better players than Sip?I'd put Sip before Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson.Our KC fans went bonkers over Sip.I never recall of that much attention given to wide receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson by our KC fans.Tex,out of all those receivers listed above I'd have to believe that Will Franklin is the only wide receiver that's better than Sip.

Canada
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Since when were receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson ever considered better players than Sip?I'd put Sip before Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson.Our KC fans went bonkers over Sip.I never recall of that much attention given to wide receivers such as Maurice Price and Kevin Robinson by our KC fans.Tex,out of all those receivers listed above I'd have to believe that Will Franklin is the only wide receiver that's better than Sip.

Are you still allowed on this site?

Dyno-Mite
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Are you still allowed on this site?

Canada,you just can continue to take long sips of whatever your drinking because your one hell of beer drinker.Drink up u 5 star vet.:drunkhb:

texaschief
09-04-2008, 05:16 PM

Sippio wasn't even drafted and because he was one of the better AFL WRs doesn't mean anything.... ANYTHING. This is the NFL. If Sippio wasn't going to be the #2 WR, there's no room on this team for him. Since it's obvious that Darling is the KC #2, as an organization, if the younger guys show more promise in the long run, you have to go with those guys. Hell, Sip wasn't even competing for the #3 spot. Webb and Franklin pretty much have that battle locked up. So, what are we talking about here? MAYBE a #4, probably a #5 or #6.

Personally, I'd rather give guys like Price and Robinson a shot if they show more promise (which Price IS a better player) and nobody knows much about Robinson. You could be right. Sippio might be better than Robinson, but he's injured so it's a moot point. Robinson didn't take a spot from Sip.

As far as the fans, they've seen Sip make a couple catches and knew he was an AFL stud. You don't run an organization by how much fans like players. You have to do what is best for the organization. Otherwise, we'd still have Len Dawson at QB.

The Chiefs made the right decision at WR and i doubt the decision to cut him will come back to bite us in the butt... hell, has he even been picked up by anyone else? If he was that great of a WR, he would've been drafted out of college. He signed with the Dolphins in 2004, then was cut, played 3 years in the AFL then signed with the Chiefs.

Great players don't bounce around like that.

Big Daddy Tek
09-05-2008, 01:39 AM
Sippio wasn't even drafted and because he was one of the better AFL WRs doesn't mean anything.... ANYTHING. This is the NFL. If Sippio wasn't going to be the #2 WR, there's no room on this team for him. Since it's obvious that Darling is the KC #2, as an organization, if the younger guys show more promise in the long run, you have to go with those guys. Hell, Sip wasn't even competing for the #3 spot. Webb and Franklin pretty much have that battle locked up. So, what are we talking about here? MAYBE a #4, probably a #5 or #6.

Personally, I'd rather give guys like Price and Robinson a shot if they show more promise (which Price IS a better player) and nobody knows much about Robinson. You could be right. Sippio might be better than Robinson, but he's injured so it's a moot point. Robinson didn't take a spot from Sip.

As far as the fans, they've seen Sip make a couple catches and knew he was an AFL stud. You don't run an organization by how much fans like players. You have to do what is best for the organization. Otherwise, we'd still have Len Dawson at QB.

The Chiefs made the right decision at WR and i doubt the decision to cut him will come back to bite us in the butt... hell, has he even been picked up by anyone else? If he was that great of a WR, he would've been drafted out of college. He signed with the Dolphins in 2004, then was cut, played 3 years in the AFL then signed with the Chiefs.

Great players don't bounce around like that.
Great reply. I honestly have a different opinion on the situation now.

Three7s
09-05-2008, 03:10 AM
Darling being #2 is the only thing I really can't stand. He has no track record at all, not to mention he came from the Ravens......yeah.

He didn't catch a single pass in preseason, and dropped a couple. I, also, remember him running the wrong route a few times! I realize that he could still be learning the offense, but ugh. It just seems like we got him off the scrap-heap and decided to make him a #2 WR!

/rantover

m0ef0e
09-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Darling being #2 is the only thing I really can't stand. He has no track record at all, not to mention he came from the Ravens......yeah.

He didn't catch a single pass in preseason, and dropped a couple. I, also, remember him running the wrong route a few times! I realize that he could still be learning the offense, but ugh. It just seems like we got him off the scrap-heap and decided to make him a #2 WR!

/rantover

I agree. Both Webb and Franklin have shown more thus far than Darling and I think it's a very good possibility that those two guys may wind up #2 and #3 when all is said and done. There's got to be a reason why they've stuck with Darling so he may surprise. I certainly won't have a problem if he steps it up during the regular season and can be a consistent target. At this point, I haven't seen enough of him to pass judgment. Of the three, I can't help but play favorites a little bit with Franklin because he's out of MU.

The encouraging thing for me about our receiving corps behind Bowe, is the fact that we do have some decent talent there in Franklin and Webb. At least, I like to think so. As I said, I'm excited about Franklin and while Webb may not be a superstar, he has had some decent games for us and shown a few bright spots here and there.

jtandcrew
09-05-2008, 03:45 PM
I think the reason Darling came up to the #2 position is because Franklin has shown more potential and is fearless running the slot across the middle which is what he played alot in college. That being said, I think he has alot more potential from what ive seen than Darling has. As far as Webb? He has had how many seasons with us to crack the satarting line-up? (I ask since I really dont know how many seasons hes been with us, no sarcasm) He wasnt even able to unseat Kennison in the twilight of his career.

texaschief
09-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Darling played high school in san antonio. I've seen him play. He really has a lot of talent. I think he'll impress. He's obviously done more than anyone else at WR to this point according to the staff. He has less playing experience in the pros than Webb and he beat him out as well.

I think y'all need to give this guy half a season before getting on his case.

Three7s
09-05-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm just hoping that Franklin gets the #2 position when he's back from the injury and Webb gets the #3 spot. Oh, my opinion on Webb is that he has really good hands, but he lacks the quickness to get open.

Poppaman
09-05-2008, 04:43 PM
What about Darvard Darling he not worth number 2

texaschief
09-05-2008, 04:57 PM
What about Darvard Darling he not worth number 2

I think the problem fans have right now is that they haven't seen him make a play yet. All this goes away as soon as that happens.

jtandcrew
09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm personally not saying hes not worth it. I just havent seen enough outta all 3 behind Bowe to make a real decision yet. Hell, we dont even know if Bowe is the real deal yet or not! He mighta had a fluke season although i doubt it. The other 3 has shown flashes of being a great player but not 1 has been as consistent. I think whoever it is is going to have a chance to have a good year since I feel Bowe is going to draw alot of double teams as will TG. In the end, going into the season I can see things either going good-great for the WR's but there IS alot of question marks.

PS I finally got it figured out how to do the sigs and avatar all by my lonesome! :lol:

Three7s
09-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm personally not saying hes not worth it. I just havent seen enough outta all 3 behind Bowe to make a real decision yet. Hell, we dont even know if Bowe is the real deal yet or not! He mighta had a fluke season although i doubt it. The other 3 has shown flashes of being a great player but not 1 has been as consistent. I think whoever it is is going to have a chance to have a good year since I feel Bowe is going to draw alot of double teams as will TG. In the end, going into the season I can see things either going good-great for the WR's but there IS alot of question marks.

PS I finally got it figured out how to do the sigs and avatar all by my lonesome! :lol:
I'll go with Franklin, just because he's shown me the most, so far. I'd love for Darling to prove me wrong, though.

jtandcrew
09-05-2008, 05:05 PM
I'll go with Franklin, just because he's shown me the most, so far. I'd love for Darling to prove me wrong, though.

Yeah, I would go with Franklin at this point also but, as I said before I think we will see him as more a slot reciever till Darling screws up if he does. Now, thats not saying that Franklin wont get his chance as the #2. Although, I think Webb will rotate in and out with Darling more than Franklin does.

texaschief
09-05-2008, 05:20 PM

The whole point to having a solid #2 WR on this team is that either Bowe OR Gonzo will be double teamed on almost every play. You can't double team both on the same play. I wish they would though... the Chiefs would dominate. The #2 WR needs to be able to make plays. All three of Webb, Franklin, and Darling can do that. What excites me about Darling is that yeah, Franklin and Webb have shown more in the preseason than Darling and yet, it still wasn't enough to un-seat Darling for #2. He must be doing something consistently well in practice not to lose his job.

Yeah, I would go with Franklin at this point also but, as I said before I think we will see him as more a slot reciever till Darling screws up if he does. Now, thats not saying that Franklin wont get his chance as the #2. Although, I think Webb will rotate in and out with Darling more than Franklin does.

The Chiefs didn't draft Franklin to be a #3 or #4 WR. I think that unless Darling just goes Houshmanzadeh on the Chiefs, that Franklin will end up as the #2 at some point in the next couple years.

Bike
09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
The whole point to having a solid #2 WR on this team is that either Bowe OR Gonzo will be double teamed on almost every play. You can't double team both on the same play. I wish they would though... the Chiefs would dominate. The #2 WR needs to be able to make plays. All three of Webb, Franklin, and Darling can do that. What excites me about Darling is that yeah, Franklin and Webb have shown more in the preseason than Darling and yet, it still wasn't enough to un-seat Darling for #2. He must be doing something consistently well in practice not to lose his job.

The Chiefs didn't draft Franklin to be a #3 or #4 WR. I think that unless Darling just goes Houshmanzadeh on the Chiefs, that Franklin will end up as the #2 at some point in the next couple years.
Yeah - if he can stay healthy.....

nigeriannightmare
09-05-2008, 07:31 PM
[quote=texaschief;94664 hell, has he even been picked up by anyone else? If he was that great of a WR, he would've been drafted out of college. He signed with the Dolphins in 2004, then was cut, played 3 years in the AFL then signed with the Chiefs.

Great players don't bounce around like that.[/quote]

Kurt Warner came from the AFL and I think he went undrafted.

Canada
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Kurt Warner is not a "great" player. He had a good year
once

tornadospotter
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Kurt Warner is not a "great" player. He had a good year
once
More than one good year, and I personally like Warner! The last name anyway! :yahoo:

texaschief
09-05-2008, 11:43 PM
I knew someone would bring up the supermarket bagger. ugh. talk about a fluke year. that should've been Trent Green's ring.

tornadospotter
09-06-2008, 12:00 AM
I knew someone would bring up the supermarket bagger. ugh. talk about a fluke year. that should've been Trent Green's ring. Hey do not dish on the Grocery store bagger, they work hard, and have lots of responsibilities, dammit! Don't dish the Warner name either, or I will take offense! I just wish that my first name was Kurt, and that I could throw a good pass! Then maybe I would have those rings!!:D and the money they brought!:D

jakesmith
09-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I wasn't surprised about Sippio. I thought he wasnt that bad, he just isnt good enough for the NFL.

I think the reason Sippio was such a fan favorite was the fact he didnt drop balls. For too many years our recieving corps has had problems dropping balls. Until Bowe came along it seems we could never rely on a recieve to hold onto the ball, except Kennison at times. Sippio showed he could hold onto the ball and that got everyone jazzed about him. His problems were, great hands, slow legs. Bowe is the possesion reciever. We need a reciever to stretch the field. Sippio cant do that. I like Franklin IMO for stretching the field.

m0ef0e
09-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I like Franklin IMO for stretching the field.

Me too. He's fast and plays with no fear. Like I said before though, I'm high on this guy already because he come out of MU. Go Tigers!

Canada
09-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Me too. I'm high!

Yeah...:SmokinBanana:

Dyno-Mite
09-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah...:SmokinBanana:

If you were high then I must of been super high when I saw Devard Darling outrun a Patriots defense while showing blazing speed with those smooth hands to catch that late clutch pass in the middle from Damon.If Darling continues to show blazing speed with that type of aggressive attitude then he's worthy of being a dominate wide receiver for our offense.Gonzo,Bowe,Darling,Will Franklin and web slinging Jeff Webb is straight out nasty.I slept on Darling for a certain reason but he's better than we expect.I'm saying though.........................Darling is fast as fu**.

royalswin100games
09-08-2008, 08:58 PM
If you were high then I must of been super high when I saw Devard Darling outrun a Patriots defense while showing blazing speed with those smooth hands to catch that late clutch pass in the middle from Damon.If Darling continues to show blazing speed with that type of aggressive attitude then he's worthy of being a dominate wide receiver for our offense.Gonzo,Bowe,Darling,Will Franklin and web slinging Jeff Webb is straight out nasty.I slept on Darling for a certain reason but he's better than we expect.I'm saying though.........................Darling is fast as fu**.

Is that why he got caught? I guess he didn't kick it into that next gear huh. What, maybe 10 yards from a touchdown. I hope he continues to play well but I think those NE DBs tracked him down there.

McLovin
09-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Is that why he got caught? I guess he didn't kick it into that next gear huh. What, maybe 10 yards from a touchdown. I hope he continues to play well but I think those NE DBs tracked him down there.
I was wondering the same thing, I remember hearing how fast he was and was wondering if he is just a sprinter and out ran his burst or if he thought he had the td and slowed down. Or if the angle got him? I didnt get to see it so if anyone can shed some light I would love to hear and analyze.

royalswin100games
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
It might have been the angle but I also think he wasn't as fast as those DBs. He split the two and took it right down the middle.

Dyno-Mite
09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
It might have been the angle but I also think he wasn't as fast as those DBs. He split the two and took it right down the middle.

Darling never showed that blazing speed and aggressive on field attitude while being a Raven.Must be why Herm and Chan Gailey were so big on him during OTA's,Training Camp and the Preseason.He proved just that during the Patriots game.

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes and I was sick to see how he got run down. He should have had the TD.

Darling never showed that blazing speed and aggressive on field attitude while being a Raven.Must be why Herm and Chan Gailey were so big on him during OTA's,Training Camp and the Preseason.He proved just that during the Patriots game.
:sign0153: He look slow to me, or those dbs are just that fast.

Bike
09-10-2008, 03:08 AM
Darling - just doesn't sound like a football name to me.