PDA

View Full Version : Look Forward

tammietailgator
09-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Nothing to be ashamed of in this game... I think bowe got the early jitters.... surtain needs to get his balls back.... The MVP needs to be Pollard!!! But all in all.... we kept it close and they didnt get the spread.

wolfpack
09-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I got tired of watching LJ running up the middle for nothing. they give it to Charles and if the middle is pluged he bounces it outside.
It looked like a watered down solari offense.

tammietailgator
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
I got tired of watching LJ running up the middle for nothing. they give it to Charles and if the middle is pluged he bounces it outside.
It looked like a watered down solari offense.

I don't know... we were still playing the pats d and o - regardless of the lack of bradys' injury. I am concerned about out QB status.

IlovetheChiefs
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
I look forward to winning next week against the Faders :)

And glad to see Carolina pulled it out in the end against the Dolts! Too bad the Faders play the Donks tomorrow because they both can't also lose.

Too bad we lost. But we kept it close. And had an exciting finish where we were 5 yards away from overtime. Some other teams got clobbered today like the Rams and Seahawks. And they got clobbered by teams that did not have winning records last year. So for us to play a close one agaisnt a team that went 16-0 and at that team's stadium is a thing to be proud of.

tornadospotter
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Over all I am not happy, we lost! but we did play the paties close in their home! Croyle got hurt, Damion got sacked because he can't move, the O-Line did not open holes for LJ, Darling cought a pass and got us in possition to tie, but we failed.
The defense did make some critical stops, but also gave up some big plays. But we lost, and that is why I am not happy. I do belive that we will win the rest of our games!

IlovetheChiefs
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah one very critical play our d gave up was when we had em' inside their own one and then Cassel completed that bomb. We almost had a safety the two plays before and almost had em' punting from deep in their own endzone.

I see the early lines for next week's games have us 2.5 favorites over Oakland and, interestingly, the Jets 2.5 favorites over NE! New England is an underdog, wow. Obviously Favre, the Jets winning, the Jets are at home, and Brady's injury are factors. But I think it's also a credit to us. Since we came in there as 15-16.5 underdogs and only lost by 7 and nearly went to OT. So there's another accomplishment for the Chiefs!

McLovin
09-07-2008, 09:04 PM
I didnt get the chance to see the game but did get to listen to the end. The only thing I feel bad about out of this game is that Hutard is our backup. This season isnt going to be like the one that he stepped in for Trent, it is obvious he is scared and gun shy behind the line and he just wants to get rid of the ball as quick as he can, he had multiple Int's and a fumble today even if they dont show up because of an Int being out of bounds and the fumble somehow bouncing back to us. I really thing that if Thig isnt ready we need to get rid of Hutard and go get a servicable backup. Hope Brodie isnt out long or often or it could be a very long year. I have heard that it is a seperated shoulder and have seen other such injuries that were expected to be out 2 weeks.

All in all way to go team, I think they really kept it close against a team that most didnt give them any chance at all. If Brady didnt go down they might have scored a lot more, and if Brodie didnt go down we may have won. But woulda coulda shouldas dont count in the stats.

McLovin
09-07-2008, 09:53 PM
After looking around some I saw that Dante Culpepper, Trent Dilfer and Marques Tuiasosopo as well as Kelly Holcomb, Byron Leftwich, Jamie Martin, Tim Rattay, and Vinnie Testeverde. Wonder if any of them are servicable as a backup to replace Hutard until we can get Thig ready. At this point I dont see Hutard being the answer to anything other then what QB in KC is likely to take the team out of every game.

I do think that we found out today against the Pats that this team will be capable of winning games this year and shouldnt be a year that is given up for the sake of rebuilding. I hope this isnt a Hermie thing that our QB is destined to get hurt, I also hope it isnt a Croyle thing ... only time will tell.

YZILLA
09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
AS bad as Huard may have looked he led us down the field and found recievers open that for some reason Croyle couldn't. hmmmm I wonder if its because he a smart vetran who can release the ball when he should. Croyle is great on the run but isnt very good in the pocket. Im not big on the idea that Huard is our savior but he is smart and knows how to win , Which neither Brodie or Thigpen know how to do yet.hes gonna take alot of hits, sacks, probably throw a few interceptions also. But He is our QB for now and we should be thankful we have a guy that knows the NFL Speed and our plays ! I hope Brodie heals fast , cuz if Huard goes down we are officially screwed.

Big Daddy Tek
09-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Couldnt have said it better Zilla

jtandcrew
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Yes, I saw some good things in the game but overall? I think it was a ALMOST total disaster. When LJ got the call, it was entirely up the middle. When Charles got the call, he bounced it outside. I think they are entirely designed plays for each RB. Also, yes the D held their own for the most part but, there were way too many holes that were picked apart. The offense couldnt even capitalize on the turnovers which is what kiled us in the end. If we woulda got atleast field goals then we woulda just needed a FG at the end of the game. Then with that? We have D Bowe and TG that can jump and snatch a ball over a defender! Why would we keep running Bowe to the corner of the end zone where the defender can use that to help his defense? I think we woulda been better off throwing another high pass as they did when we got the touchdown. Although, I did see some things that will be a factor to learn on and it mainly was the younger defensive players showing some signs of life. Also I liked what I saw outta Charles to a point, he has alot of upside as they say. Although I dont like seeing BJ Sams back returning kicks or punts. Thats a wasted spot if you ask me since we kept a extra running back in Savage.

chief31
09-09-2008, 08:26 AM
if Brodie didnt go down we may have won.

Come on. Croyle is 0 for ...eternity. (7?)

While Huard is 9-6 (?) as the Chiefs' starter.

Hate him all you want. But realistically, he has been a winner, where Croyle has been a loser.

I like Croyle. I may not like his chances without an offensive line, but I like him.

I just don't get how you can see that much hope in a guy who can't win, and that much gloom in a guy who has won more often than he has lost here.

It simply defies logic.

Three7s
09-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Only thing I don't like about Huard is his mobility. It causes him to get into bad situations where he either gets pressured and makes a bad decision, a sack, or a sack and a fumble. When he has time, he's shown that he can hit receivers. That strike to Darling was beautiful!

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
Only thing I don't like about Huard is his mobility. It causes him to get into bad situations where he either gets pressured and makes a bad decision, a sack, or a sack and a fumble. When he has time, he's shown that he can hit receivers. That strike to Darling was beautiful!
Now this I can agree to, that is why we need to let Thig have a shot, until this O-line can handle the pass rush, we need a QB that is a threat to run for the first down. That will help take the pressure from pass rush off. If Thig scrambled for some first downs, defenses would have to adjust for that, that then open up the passing game. imo

jtandcrew
09-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Huard has played well for us in the past but lets face it....He couldnt win a starters job in Miami! He cant scramble and he sometimes panicks under pressure if you ask me. He forces the ball when he shouldnt at times. If we are rebuilding and going younger then let thigpen have the ball and see what he can do as a starter. I was never a bandwagon fan of his but if we are comitted to a youth movement then lets stick with it! Another reason is would be that if huard does well (knowing he only has another year or maybe 2) then we bring back in Croyle...then its another Grbac v Gannon thing! If we go and see what Thigpen can do and he does well, then we can say we stuck to the youth....if opposite then its understandable why Herm would put Croyle back in.

m0ef0e
09-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Come on. Croyle is 0 for ...eternity. (7?)

While Huard is 9-6 (?) as the Chiefs' starter.

Hate him all you want. But realistically, he has been a winner, where Croyle has been a loser.

I like Croyle. I may not like his chances without an offensive line, but I like him.

I just don't get how you can see that much hope in a guy who can't win, and that much gloom in a guy who has won more often than he has lost here.

It simply defies logic.

I think Huard is 9-9 as Chiefs' starter (5-3 in '06 and 4-6 last year).

chief31
09-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Huard has played well for us in the past but lets face it....He couldnt win a starters job in Miami! He cant scramble and he sometimes panicks under pressure if you ask me. He forces the ball when he shouldnt at times. If we are rebuilding and going younger then let thigpen have the ball and see what he can do as a starter. I was never a bandwagon fan of his but if we are comitted to a youth movement then lets stick with it! Another reason is would be that if huard does well (knowing he only has another year or maybe 2) then we bring back in Croyle...then its another Grbac v Gannon thing! If we go and see what Thigpen can do and he does well, then we can say we stuck to the youth....if opposite then its understandable why Herm would put Croyle back in.

I agree with the youth-movement idea. So I'd support the idea of going with Thigpen.

But saying things like "Huard couldn't win the job in Miami" are just irrelavant insults.

Drew Brees couldn't win the job in San Diego. Rich Gannon couldn't win the job in K.C. Tom Brady didn't win the job in New England. (Injury forced him in.) Steve Young couldn't win the job over Montana.

Michael Jordan said it best...

"I have failed over, and over agian in my career....and that is why I succeed."

Just because someone failed at something once...twice...three times, or more... doesn't mean that they are unable to succeed.

Having said all of that, Huard is nothing more than a patch on a wound here. This team is not built to win now. That is why I agree with allowing Thigpen, or any other young QB, start from here on out.

m0ef0e
09-10-2008, 04:43 PM
OK, guys. I'm a little tired of people saying "we're not built to win now" etc. and already labeling this another rebuilding year, etc.

I'm not gonna jump out on the thin ice and claim that we are going to win the superbowl or even go to the playoffs. I'm not even saying we will have a winning season. All I'm saying is that we have a lot of young guys who are still getting their first crack at this. Nobody can predict any of this stuff when there are so many unknowns and so much unproven talent at the pro level. Some of these guys may have miracle seasons. Some may fall flat. The team may come together or begin to fray at the edges. I would like to have more confidence in guys that we know are proven but this year is still exciting because it's so unpredictable for us. Yeah, we just might do really bad but the possibility does exist for us to do really well-- no matter how minute some may think that possibility is.

Bike
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Not built to win now? Why even bother to play the games? I fully believe the Chiefs can win every game they play! We will certainly be built to crush the faders this weekend!

Three7s
09-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Not built to win now? Why even bother to play the games? I fully believe the Chiefs can win every game they play! We will certainly be built to crush the faders this weekend!
Technically, we aren't. We're just playing to get guys experience for the future, I just think that we may have enough talent plus an easy schedule to make things interesting.

Bike
09-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Technically, we aren't. We're just playing to get guys experience for the future, I just think that we may have enough talent plus an easy schedule to make things interesting.
Strongly disagree. The Kansas City Chiefs is a professional organization that is built for one thing-to win football games.
We've been building for the future for 35 years. When is it time to win? Maybe next year?

Three7s
09-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Only reason I think that is Herm. Every time I listen to him speak, he's always talking about getting guys in the game, and getting them in to play, and blah blah blah. You guys just heard him talk about Thigpen possibly playing! Does that sound like a team that is ready to win now? That kind of mindset he's showing me shows that he thinks we aren't ready yet. Don't blame me, blame Herm.

Bike
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm not blaming you. I blame Carl Peterson. Can't blame Hermie just yet. Give him a chance. King carl been here for 20 years, Hermie for 2. And as far as Thigpen playing, that may be our ONLY shot at winning. Look at Ryan and Flacco last weekend....

jtandcrew
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree with the youth-movement idea. So I'd support the idea of going with Thigpen.

But saying things like "Huard couldn't win the job in Miami" are just irrelavant insults.

Drew Brees couldn't win the job in San Diego. Rich Gannon couldn't win the job in K.C. Tom Brady didn't win the job in New England. (Injury forced him in.) Steve Young couldn't win the job over Montana.

Michael Jordan said it best...

"I have failed over, and over agian in my career....and that is why I succeed."

Just because someone failed at something once...twice...three times, or more... doesn't mean that they are unable to succeed.

Having said all of that, Huard is nothing more than a patch on a wound here. This team is not built to win now. That is why I agree with allowing Thigpen, or any other young QB, start from here on out.

Brees' had the job and was successful...

Rich Gannon should of never been taken out after Grbac got healthy...

yes, Young and Brady won the jobs by default.....

You didnt see Brady of Young lose their jobs cause the coach wanted to put back in the starter.

Huard? Is still nothing than a back-up!

Unless the dfense picks it up and carries us we are screwed!

Bike
09-10-2008, 11:06 PM
So is Croyle!

chief31
09-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Brees' had the job and was successful...

But lost out because someone wanted to go younger. No similarity there? Huard didn't do enough to win the job in '06?

Rich Gannon should of never been taken out after Grbac got healthy...

Seems like the same situation Huard was in recently.

yes, Young and Brady won the jobs by default.....

You didnt see Brady of Young lose their jobs cause the coach wanted to put back in the starter.

I did see that happen to Steve Young. You don't remember that?

And Brady was the young guy. So there was no younger QB to replace him with.

Until he is given the opportunity. But, until then, that is merely a statement of Herms decision.

Unless the dfense picks it up and carries us we are screwed!

We were 0-7 with Croyle. Were we not in that situation anyway?

You quoted me as saying that I agree that Huard is not answer for here, and now.

I just think that labeling him as a 'career back-up' is merely saying that Herm was not smart enough to continue starting him when he needed too.

But we use the term to suggest that Huard is not a good QB because of it.

Really? Because, QB expert, Herm Edwards says so?