PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about the game

Three7s
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Well, these boys surprised me today. Did we win? No, but did we get blown out? Absolutely not! Yes, our offense was frustrating to watch, as usual. I hate this conservative play-calling, but I know Herm didn't want to turn it over at all costs.

Our defense looked like it was on a mission to stop the Pats on every turn, and they did a pretty good job of it. The coverage was fantastic, with the exception of a couple of plays where we were thinking run. Our run-D needs work, but it didn't look awful. Yes, Brady didn't play for most of the game, but even if he did, it would've been tough on him.

You guys saw the series where he was in, right? He was extremely conservative, probably because of our coverage. That's a testament to our secondary. Now on to the offense.

Croyle looked ok, besides the injury, Huard wasn't awful, but could've been better. TG looked like TG, and Charles is gonna be a nightmare on 3rd down for many teams, but I was extremely disappointed in Bowe and LJ. LJ DID have holes to run through, he just didn't hit them like he usually does, whereas Charles did. I think he's lost some of his instinct, and he needs a lot of work to get it back.

As for Bowe, just no excuse. No excuse AT ALL for dropping the passes that he did. He proved himself as a top WR last season, and a dependable one at that, but if he keeps dropping passes with no one around, or in the end-zone like he did, we could have SERIOUS problems on offense. I really hope it was just first game jitters, and that he's back next week. I will say his TD catch was nice.

Overall, I was impressed with the way the Chiefs played, but now I just hope our offense can show us some more for the home opener! Oh yeah, DARLING FIANLLY DID SOMETHING!!!:lol:

Forgot something else! CHARGERS LOST ON A LAST SECOND TD PASS TO THE PANTHERS!!! That makes me feel MUCH better!

Bike
09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Agree 100 percent about LJ. He use to bounce off people and run around them. Not any more. Charles looked better IMO. 45 million. Ouch.
Don't agree on Croyle. Pats backup looked better. Couldn't even make it through the 1st game. We might want to have a hard look at Chris Simms or another backup QB - and soon!!
Agree on D. Bowe - too many costly drops.
I thought our defense did ok - but we still allowed a backup QB beat us.
Overall, I'm proud of our Chiefs. A valiant effort against a NE team that has won 20 straight regular season games.

Three7s
09-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Agree 100 percent about LJ. He use to bounce off people and run around them. Not any more. Charles looked better IMO. 45 million. Ouch.
Don't agree on Croyle. Pats backup looked better. Couldn't even make it through the 1st game. We might want to have a hard look at Chris Simms or another backup QB - and soon!!
Agree on D. Bowe - too many costly drops.
I thought our defense did ok - but we still allowed a backup QB beat us.
Overall, I'm proud of our Chiefs. A valiant effort against a NE team that has won 20 straight regular season games.
Not saying Croyle was good, just saying he didn't make any dumb decisions. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that the backup QB beat us, the times the Pats scored was mostly because of the running game.

Bike
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Not saying Croyle was good, just saying he didn't make any dumb decisions. Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that the backup QB beat us, the times the Pats scored was mostly because of the running game.
Well, that 50 yard bomb Cassel completed from end zone didn't look like a running play to me. That was a HUGE play for NE.

hermhater
09-07-2008, 10:29 PM

No ****.

I'm kind of scared to see what McFadden does to us next week.

I think we will beat the Raiders at home pretty easily though.

arrowheadGoon305
09-07-2008, 11:52 PM
im proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL

royalswin100games
09-07-2008, 11:53 PM
im proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL

ROFLMAO!!!

YZILLA
09-08-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm proud of pollard 4 hurting t.brady...and i hope he does da same 2 j.russel..I HATE DA RAIDERZ!!!!!!!!!!and i hope pollard getza nasty hit on mcfadden!!!dat shud giv him a good welcome into da nfl...LOL

Is that english ? And Why would you cheer for any member of your team to intentionally hurt another player . I mean don't get me wrong I was happy to seem him leave the game but not be out for the season. We all know how it feels to lose a valuable player for the season . And did it do us any good anyway? Nope

Bike
09-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Raiders. Hate 'em.

Bike
09-08-2008, 08:12 AM
What a goon. I bet you were lol when Merriman speared Holmes or when Green was carted off.

royalswin100games
09-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Is that english ?

I don't think he realizes the difference between his keyboard and the text function on his cell phone. :sign0104:

Seek
09-08-2008, 10:40 AM
First I would like to say. That was a freaking Safety. I watched it over and over and over again. There is nothing to lead me to believe that they even got the ball out of the end zone and after watching the Colts get a safety and learing that they whole ball has to break to plain of the goal line. That is a safety and the 50 yard pass to Moss that lead to their first TD would have never happened.

Second. If Welker wasn't stripped by Surtain and if Moss didn't fumble hitting the ground. I really think the optomism many fans are feeling wouldn't be there.

There was one over thrown ball that was a TD becasue Flowers was beat. Other than that. I liked the corner play.

I was really impressed with B. Albert. He really didn't make any huge holes to run through but he held up pretty well against a top notch pass rushing team.

D. Bowe was pretty much shut down by Deltha O'neal. A guy just cut by the Bungals. Then he dropped 4 passes. You need some humble pie son.

Big Mac. I am starting to think that I would rather see Herb Taylor play at RT. Thank goodness the Patsies can't recover a fumble and gave it back to Huard.

I don't see the difference between Chan and Solari.

I think if Bowe didn't drop some passes, Croyle would have had a good game. Since he didn't, there isn't really much to judge him on other than he didn't turn the ball over.

Huard turned the ball over and killed a great chance to squish the Patsies.

They better not fine Pollard for the hit on Brady. If they do, it is clearly because The world ended after Tom got hurt yesterday and the sky was falling. If Sam Morris was not holding Pollard back by his helmet (Holdding him) he wouldn't have hit Brady in the knee. Quit saying it was a dirty Shot, PATSIES... it was your own doing for taking a player down an then holding him down on the ground.

Seek
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
No ****.

I'm kind of scared to see what McFadden does to us next week.

I think we will beat the Raiders at home pretty easily though.

McFadden is highly over rated. He was a product of a good offensive team beating up on bad defenses. They had to use gimmick plays to get him in one on one situations against lesser defenses.

That won't happen in the NFL. If they can get him in open space he could cuase some issues, but almost anyone can in the NFL.

Canada
09-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Seek, I agree...that was a safety on the second down running play from their own endzone. I recorded the game and have watched it several times. If that play is called correctly and Bowe catches the 2nd down attemept from the 5 at the end of the game, the Chiefs win 19-10. Overall we played a hell of a good game for a bunch of first and second year guys against a team that has not lost a game since the 2006 season (with the exception of the SuperBowl) We stayed in the game and had a chance to win at the end. Can't ask for much more than that!!

DrunkHillbilly
09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Seek, I agree...that was a safety on the second down running play from their own endzone. I recorded the game and have watched it several times. If that play is called correctly and Bowe catches the 2nd down attemept from the 5 at the end of the game, the Chiefs win 19-10. Overall we played a hell of a good game for a bunch of first and second year guys against a team that has not lost a game since the 2006 season (with the exception of the SuperBowl) We stayed in the game and had a chance to win at the end. Can't ask for much more than that!!

I agree!! Personally, I think Bowe was the cause of the loss yesterday. Crucial dropped passes including the one in the end zone that went through his hands and hit his face mask!!!!! I really thought it was PI on Delta on the last play of the game. If you watch the replay, he is holding Bowe's arms down so he can't even raise them to make an attempt at catching the ball.

Like you said, we had a chance at the end to win the game regardless of the circumstances and that's all you can ask for, a chance!!

Canada
09-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree on the PI too, but if he woulda just caught the damn ball on 2nd down it would not have been a concern. The good teams don't get into a position where the refs can decide the game.

Seek
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I agree!! Personally, I think Bowe was the cause of the loss yesterday. Crucial dropped passes including the one in the end zone that went through his hands and hit his face mask!!!!! I really thought it was PI on Delta on the last play of the game. If you watch the replay, he is holding Bowe's arms down so he can't even raise them to make an attempt at catching the ball.

Like you said, we had a chance at the end to win the game regardless of the circumstances and that's all you can ask for, a chance!!

I thought the pass was to far behind him and uncatchable.

Why they didn't try to run it in three times with LJ is beyond me. You get LJ running a straight Dive and he will ge two yards just falling forward.

Canada
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
I thought the pass was to far behind him and uncatchable.

Why they didn't try to run it in three times with LJ is beyond me. You get LJ running a straight Dive and he will ge two yards just falling forward.

I think if DBowe had his arm free it woulda hit him right in the hand (left I think)

Its funny that when Herm should run it 3 times str8, he decides to pass. Those are the types of things that make me question Herm as a coach. I have no problem with his personnnel choice, coaching, gameplans etc.... then he goes and does something like throw 3 str8 times to gain 5 yards. (realistically they had 4 shots at it) It makes me scratch my head and say hmmmmmm.....:drunkhb:

Sn@keIze
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Whos ingenious idea was to start Pat thomas?.. who got ran over by 31 yr old morris for a 1st down and a big play and who got juked out by Cassel for a 1st down. Who didnt even have to prove himself to KC in the preseason.

Im happy for LJ, now that he got his $$ he can just run out of bounds now on outside runs. And stop bouncing to the outside everytime the line implodes on inside runs. Must be nice, hell CP gimme $$, Ill do that for you for half of what LJs gettin.

Wheres the PA pass?

Bowe was not interfered with at any time.. he had plenty of chances, had plenty of drops. I know Bowes better than that, hopefully its just 1st game jitters.

Damn you Darling, you get in front like that and you cant score a TD.............CUT HIM!!

Canada
09-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks for bringing that hit up. I had to put away a lot of beer to forget that one. My buddies were all laughing at me after that one. At least the highlight of that will be buried under Brandon Jacobs running over Landry on the Thurs nite game.

Sn@keIze
09-08-2008, 12:50 PM
oh god...how sick was that hit from Brandon....glad I dont have to tackle him!!

chief addict
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I don' know why everyone is so down on Huard, I thought he played better than Croyle. He gives us the best chance to win.

Canada
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Yup.

TRB05
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
They better not fine Pollard for the hit on Brady. If they do, it is clearly because The world ended after Tom got hurt yesterday and the sky was falling. If Sam Morris was not holding Pollard back by his helmet (Holdding him) he wouldn't have hit Brady in the knee. Quit saying it was a dirty Shot, PATSIES... it was your own doing for taking a player down an then holding him down on the ground.

Where have you heard anything about it being a dirty hit? I hadn't heard that anywhere.

Sn@keIze
09-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I too think you gotta go Huard out of necessity. Croyle had his chances. he is 0-7. Not won one game yet.

Seek
09-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Where have you heard anything about it being a dirty hit? I hadn't heard that anywhere.

From Patsie Fans, and more specifically Randy Moss and Sammy Morris. Randy was quoted saying that it was dirty. Even though he never saw the play because he was obviousl running down the sideline. Then went off talking about he has never been a Dirty player, blah blah blah.

Sammy Morris was pleading to the refs to through a flag as it happened.

Seek
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I don' know why everyone is so down on Huard, I thought he played better than Croyle. He gives us the best chance to win.

I honestl believe that if Bowe the crappy Show didn't drop three balls, you guys would be loving what Croyle did yesterday. One of those drops was a play made by Croyle scrambling and hit Bowe on the run and would have been big yards.

TRB05
09-08-2008, 02:37 PM
From Patsie Fans, and more specifically Randy Moss and Sammy Morris. Randy was quoted saying that it was dirty. Even though he never saw the play because he was obviousl running down the sideline. Then went off talking about he has never been a Dirty player, blah blah blah.

Sammy Morris was pleading to the refs to through a flag as it happened.

Oh, OK I hadn't heard anything like that.

I honestl believe that if Bowe the crappy Show didn't drop three balls, you guys would be loving what Croyle did yesterday. One of those drops was a play made by Croyle scrambling and hit Bowe on the run and would have been big yards.

I have been rewatching the game today, and Croyle looked better than I thought at first. He was hitting guys pretty much every throw, they just weren't catching it like they should. Just wish he was more durable. I don't think the Chiefs can plan their future around Croyle any longer.

Three7s
09-08-2008, 07:13 PM
You know, I think we should've ran the ball when we were inside the 5, as well, but not with LJ. I would've done a sweep to Charles on 1st down and see if his speed could at least get a few. Then, either do it again, or power it in with LJ. If were back at the 10 or so, passing would've been the right decision.

Dyno-Mite
09-08-2008, 08:16 PM

Tom Brady is my fu**ing boy.He should've never been injured for the season.He could've been injured for the game and bounced back but not for the season.The only thing I know is that Bernard Pollard better injure every quarterback that we play.Put it this way...................Bernard Pollard's intention now has to be on severely injuring a player during every game.

TRB05
09-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Tom Brady is my fu**ing boy.He should've never been injured for the season.He could've been injured for the game and bounced back but not for the season.The only thing I know is that Bernard Pollard better injure every quarterback that we play.Put it this way...................Bernard Pollard's intention now has to be on severely injuring a player during every game.

:sign0153:

leaves
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Okay..after effects. Moss, Morris, Wilfork, and Bill Bel (right @ the post conf) all complained about a dirty hit.

Bowe dropped too much, LJ's rust out-i'd rather see jamaal and kolby go. Brodie played well, Huard played pretty well. The last play shows why Huards a backup tho, cuz he paniced w/no pressure and thru behind bowe. A run would've likely scored, but with the pass call, damon should've just waited for bowe to get set..he is pretty tall.

Bike
09-09-2008, 01:21 AM
You know, I think we should've ran the ball when we were inside the 5, as well, but not with LJ. I would've done a sweep to Charles on 1st down and see if his speed could at least get a few. Then, either do it again, or power it in with LJ. If were back at the 10 or so, passing would've been the right decision.
But you have to remember under a minute left with 1 time out. We really only had time for 1 running play, and we used our time out after that. Pretty much had to pass or watch clock tick down to 0.

Three7s
09-09-2008, 01:23 AM
But you have to remember under a minute left with 1 time out. We really only had time for 1 running play, and we used our time out after that. Pretty much had to pass or watch clock tick down to 0.
You've got a point, maybe if Charles could get out of bounds?! Bleh, I dunno, that Pats red-zone defense was pretty dang good.

Bike
09-09-2008, 02:19 AM
You've got a point, maybe if Charles could get out of bounds?! Bleh, I dunno, that Pats red-zone defense was pretty dang good.
Yeah, I agree. We were so close! Sh!t.