PDA

View Full Version : Game Plan?????

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 09:16 AM
I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO WIN, BUT UNTIL WE GET A COACH THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO GAME PLAN THE CHIEFS WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 8.
How in the world do you not have some type of plan to take Moss out of the game? He had 100 recieving yards in the first half alone? Why don't we blitz the second string quarterback besides letting him stand all day! And why does our game plan seem to be the same everygame! Run, Run, throw a 3 yard pass on third and 8!!!! The D can load 11 guys in the first 5 yards because the chiefs won't pass over 5 yards until the last 2 minutes of the game! Herm couldn't coach a duck to water!

Bike
09-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS TO WIN, BUT UNTIL WE GET A COACH THAT HAS THE ABILITY TO GAME PLAN THE CHIEFS WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 8.
How in the world do you not have some type of plan to take Moss out of the game? He had 100 recieving yards in the first half alone? Why don't we blitz the second string quarterback besides letting him stand all day! And why does our game plan seem to be the same everygame! Run, Run, throw a 3 yard pass on third and 8!!!! The D can load 11 guys in the first 5 yards because the chiefs won't pass over 5 yards until the last 2 minutes of the game! Herm couldn't coach a duck to water!
Why doesn't any other nfl team have a plan to take Moss out of the game? Because you can't! He's a great player and last years' stats show it.
Also, we have young offensive line. I hope to see offense open up more as season rolls on.
So you want our safties to blitz 2nd string qb? What about Randy Moss???

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Your telling me the guy in the Hoodie on the other side doesn't game plan to take the other teams best player away? Like he did yesterday by stacking 8 in the box and taking LJ out of the game? Come on! Moss had 100+ in the first half? I'm not saying your going to stop him, but at least try to contain him!
Now the excuse is going to be a young team. Last two years it was a old team. 2 years from now what? No excuses! Everyone gets paid to play, their professionals, Coaches get played to coach! It is his team, his players, his system. Win or tie, nothing else matters, you can't be rebuilding for three straight years!

wolfpack
09-08-2008, 10:06 AM
one could tell we had a offensive game plan. throw 5 yard passes and run up the middle for 2 yards.
But it did change with Haurd, he atleast throws down field.

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
Your right, Huard tossed it down field some. Some of that might of been because it was the 4th quarter and we were down, like Herm usually is in the game.
I don't think there is that big of a difference between Huard and Croyle, except age and arm strength. But what good does his arm do if you only let him throw 5 yard out patterns.

jtandcrew
09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Personall, I think they need to open the defense up and get rid of that damned cover 2 defense. Let Gunther call and impliment his own defense and not be shackled by Herm's idea that the cover 2 still works. Its no diffrent than the run and shoot offense. It worked for a season or 2 or even 3 but the defenses adjusted and now is obsolete with the better teams. Gunther has proven in the past he can impliment a top 5 defense with the players hes given! DAMMIT HERM GIVE GUNTHER HIS DEFENSE BACK! :mob:

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree 100%! It is a new game. Playing this conservative game that, "Doesn't beat ourselves," as Werm would discribe it, does just that. It doesn't allow the offense to score more than 14 points a game, and your not going to win any games doing that!
Cover two, should be renamed as cover none, and let them run!

Canada
09-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Your right, Huard tossed it down field some. Some of that might of been because it was the 4th quarter and we were down, like Herm usually is in the game.
I don't think there is that big of a difference between Huard and Croyle, except age and arm strength. But what good does his arm do if you only let him throw 5 yard out patterns.

It's all well and good to second guess the coaching decisions after the game, but consider this. The two turnovers went the other way and the pats got them. Whats the final score of the game then? At least Herm/Chans plan gave us a chance to win.

Fact is we played a team that currently has a lot more experience and talent than we do. They have not lost a regular season game since 2006. Sure we played conservatively with all out ROOKIES and 2ND YEAR players. That god we have DJ out there in his 4th year for some veteran leadership. To go out there and start slinging the ball all over the place is just an a@@inine idea that would have us trailing by 21 at the half. I think we stacked up quite well against a team that people would have called the greatest team EVER (had they won the SB) If DBowe catches that endzone pass at the end of the game it is OT and we might have won. Would you still be complaining then, or is the final score the only thing that is important to you?

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I still would be complaining. Your right, since N.E.'s quarterback went down and they had to put a guy in there that hasn't throw 30 passes in his career, and they had to lost fumbles we stayed close and had a chance. Lets praise everyone and be happy because we played good enough to lose by 7. That was to a good team, so lets pat everyone on the back!
Good job guys!
Oh, I have an idea? Why don't the Chiefs become a good team? How about the Chiefs make a run on history or at least the playoffs? No, no. Lets be happy losing to a good team. Your right!@ What was I thinking?

Seek
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I think part of the game plan problem is the coaches constantly talking to Croyle about not turning the ball over and take the safe pass, the dump off.

Then you throw in the fact that our #1 receiver dropped 3 balls in the first half. Our #2 receiver has yet to be seen on the field, yet alone open. The only legit option the Chiefs had was TG and they were double teaming him.

So don't turn the ball over, so ignore the covered receivers and it the dump off. The differences you see between Coryle and Huard is the difference in confidence. Huard was seen verbally arguing with Dick Curl last year. I think he told him to shove it because the safe pass wasn't working. Funny thing too becuase Croyle started shortly after that.

I said it last year and I will say it again. I don't care who the OC is. The pieces to run this offense efficiently retired with Will Shields and Willie Roaf.

Historically, Herm dosen't understand this. I think follows the theory of the Running Back makes he O-line Theory, since he almost never drafts O-Line.

Canada
09-08-2008, 12:47 PM
I still would be complaining. Your right, since N.E.'s quarterback went down and they had to put a guy in there that hasn't throw 30 passes in his career, and they had to lost fumbles we stayed close and had a chance. Lets praise everyone and be happy because we played good enough to lose by 7. That was to a good team, so lets pat everyone on the back!
Good job guys!
Oh, I have an idea? Why don't the Chiefs become a good team? How about the Chiefs make a run on history or at least the playoffs? No, no. Lets be happy losing to a good team. Your right!@ What was I thinking?

Ok man, go somewhere and cry then

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Cry on this...... I guess you enjoyed last year? We were close in some games, did that make you happy?

chief addict
09-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I know we don't have the offensive line we had a few years ago, but if Al Saunders was still the offensive coordintator he would have found a way to win that game.

Canada
09-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Cry on this...... I guess you enjoyed last year? We were close in some games, did that make you happy?

I enjoyed being a Chiefs fan last year. Like I do every year. I put up with whiners so you don't bother me that much. Do you only like them when they are winning?

Seek
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I know we don't have the offensive line we had a few years ago, but if Al Saunders was still the offensive coordintator he would have found a way to win that game.

I am not sure of that. The lack of offensive line is what helped end his career with Washington. He didn't do so well with St. Louis yesterday.

Chief_kickingtale
09-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok, Mr. positive. Your always happy. Lets not be critical of anything. I would hate for anyone to be considered a whiner?
I enjoy being a chiefs fan, but when they do the same thing over and over and over and it creates the same result, I would consider that insane.

Canada
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Ok, Mr. positive. Your always happy. Lets not be critical of anything. I would hate for anyone to be considered a whiner?
I enjoy being a chiefs fan, but when they do the same thing over and over and over and it creates the same result, I would consider that insane.

Read before you post moron. I am tired of spelling out slowly for all the idiots. I have never said "Don't be critical" but If you see nothing positive about the team then **** off, I don't really give two flying sh!ts what you think about anything. Maybe in your fantasy world we are only a day or two away from the SB and we should be knocking teams like the Pats out!! You want to talk realism idiot? How about the fact that our team (who is rebuilding) showed some signs of life yesterday. How about the fact that, when the time comes and we have built a foundation of solid players through the draft, we have $30 million in cap space to go and pick up the final pieces of the puzzle to build a team that will be competitive for years to come. I know you want to win now, who dosen't. I guess I just think it is moronic to go and waste all that money now to have one shot and then go back to being mediocre. So yes, I am optimistic that we will be a pretty serious contender for several years to come and yes I am optimistic that we are showing improvement over last season. Maybe you can go spend money on Madden and win the SuperBowl overnight, but this is the real world my friend. Now go back in the corner and continue to cry. :sign0104:

arrowheadGoon305
09-09-2008, 08:49 AM
chiefs do da same thing over n over again....I HATE IT!!!!!!!RUN, RUN, PASS, PUNT......EVERYTIME!!!i dont know why they didnt change it up more often and use tony more

Chief_kickingtale
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Well you are piece of work. And you definitely only have one piece of the pie upstairs. If you would have read, I was positive about the players we have. I was critical of the coaching philosophy that continues to have the same game plan game after game, no matter who we play. D-fense plays cover two every game, and the offense runs the ball and throws 3 yard outs on third and 8! Every GAME! This plan worked for a 4-12 season last year! You would think that they would watch the film and realize this isn't working? But lets not change anything since we are "rebuilding" for the third year in a row. That might be "moronic" as you like to put it, and lets not have our own oppinion, that would make us "whiners."

Canada
09-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Well you are piece of work. And you definitely only have one piece of the pie upstairs. If you would have read, I was positive about the players we have. I was critical of the coaching philosophy that continues to have the same game plan game after game, no matter who we play. D-fense plays cover two every game, and the offense runs the ball and throws 3 yard outs on third and 8! Every GAME! This plan worked for a 4-12 season last year! You would think that they would watch the film and realize this isn't working? But lets not change anything since we are "rebuilding" for the third year in a row. That might be "moronic" as you like to put it, and lets not have our own oppinion, that would make us "whiners."

No, jackass. If you had said that in the beginning I would not have said anything to you. But of all 12 of your posts they are either bitc hing about the Chiefs or bitc hing about me. Like I have said a hundred times. I agree that there are things that need to change. However to think that this team could go out and start slinging the ball all over the field against the Pats is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. We were in that game bacause of the game plannning. That is why I think you are a moron, not because you have an opinion. I guess there is a difference between constructive criticism and whining. It will never cease to amaze me though that people like you will continue to bash me because I stand up and say good things about the Chiefs. :sign0098::sign0104:

jtandcrew
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
I agree that there was good game planning this last Sunday. Although, I have to say I question some of the calls which everyone does on Sunday evenings and Monday mornings. I did not like the play calling when we had 4 shots at end zone to tie it up!

Chief_kickingtale
09-09-2008, 11:45 AM
You need to call your anger management counselor. The first post was, " I think the chiefs have some players to win" Wake up! Plus throwing the ball deep once or twice before the last 4 minutes of the game isn't, "slinging the ball all over the place." If you would understand the game, you would know that, you have to show the threat of going deep to keep the safties honest and keep the CB from cheating on the quick routes. My guess is that you don't understand the game, because you just like to bash the guys that do have constructive criticism. Probably because you don't understand our points that we make. So I will leave this discusion with this.
Go Chiefs! I hope you win the next game! Canada, I hope that is simple enough for you to understand.

Canada
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
You need to call your anger management counselor. The first post was, " I think the chiefs have some players to win" Wake up! Plus throwing the ball deep once or twice before the last 4 minutes of the game isn't, "slinging the ball all over the place." If you would understand the game, you would know that, you have to show the threat of going deep to keep the safties honest and keep the CB from cheating on the quick routes. My guess is that you don't understand the game, because you just like to bash the guys that do have constructive criticism. Probably because you don't understand our points that we make. So I will leave this discusion with this.
Go Chiefs! I hope you win the next game! Canada, I hope that is simple enough for you to understand.

Golly, thanks for splainin' it to me. You sure know lots n lots of stuff about football. thanx for teachin' me something. i thought they just ran into each other and then got up and did it again. I am sure all of your vast knowledge is much more than say the coaching staff of an NFL team. Youalready have the answers...maybe that is what we should all be talking about! How come you are not a head coach ...or an OC? You got it all big guy. In depth knowledge, good looks, personality. I wish I had the handle on the game that you have amassed over your years of cynical hard looks at the Kansas City Chiefs. If you got nothin critical to say then you are just stupid cause there are things wrong. Good Philosophy...i bet that keeps a smile on your face. Must be awesome to know that you are smarter than everyone!!!! :bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
09-09-2008, 12:01 PM
OK, YOU GUYS MADE ME DO IT!

This is where I break out my......

:yahoo: HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :yahoo: HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY:yahoo:

:lol:

Coach
09-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Personall, I think they need to open the defense up and get rid of that damned cover 2 defense. Let Gunther call and impliment his own defense and not be shackled by Herm's idea that the cover 2 still works. Its no diffrent than the run and shoot offense. It worked for a season or 2 or even 3 but the defenses adjusted and now is obsolete with the better teams. Gunther has proven in the past he can impliment a top 5 defense with the players hes given! DAMMIT HERM GIVE GUNTHER HIS DEFENSE BACK! :mob:

I also am a big believer in Gunther. I think things will gel before the season is over.

I don't understand how the Chiefs can't get 5 yards in 4 plays either. If you would have ran 4 straight times, I think they could have gotten 5 yards by accident.

Read before you post moron. I am tired of spelling out slowly for all the idiots. I have never said "Don't be critical" but If you see nothing positive about the team then **** off, I don't really give two flying sh!ts what you think about anything. Maybe in your fantasy world we are only a day or two away from the SB and we should be knocking teams like the Pats out!! You want to talk realism idiot? How about the fact that our team (who is rebuilding) showed some signs of life yesterday. How about the fact that, when the time comes and we have built a foundation of solid players through the draft, we have $30 million in cap space to go and pick up the final pieces of the puzzle to build a team that will be competitive for years to come. I know you want to win now, who dosen't. I guess I just think it is moronic to go and waste all that money now to have one shot and then go back to being mediocre. So yes, I am optimistic that we will be a pretty serious contender for several years to come and yes I am optimistic that we are showing improvement over last season. Maybe you can go spend money on Madden and win the SuperBowl overnight, but this is the real world my friend. Now go back in the corner and continue to cry. :sign0104:

Canada, you know the policy on namecalling. Please cut it out. No personal attacks. Period.

Seek
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Gunther had a lot of talent on that defense back then though. Specially at the DE, corner and safety positions.

m0ef0e
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.

to think that this team could go out and start slinging the ball all over the field against the Pats is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. We were in that game bacause of the game plannning

Actually, going into this game, there was a question mark over the Pat's secondary. They've had injuries back there. Hence, why they brought in Delthea O'neal--a guy who couldn't make the cut for the Bengals' illustrious defensive unit.

Meanwhile, the Pats' D-line has still undoubtedly retained it's strength in 5-time pro-bowler Richard Seymour and Vince Wilfork coming off his first pro-bowl appearance last year.

It's obvious where this defense should be attacked. The corners should have been challenged early and often. Yet, the Chiefs went out and tried to run the ball right into the teeth of the Patrtiots' strength. I understand establishing the run. It's neccesarry. But you can help yourself out by being at least a little unpredictable and keeping the defense honest. Make a couple plays down the field, then establishing the run won't be a problem anymore because running lanes will open when LB's have to cover downfield instead of filling gaps at the line of scrimmage. Basically, if repeating the same thing isn't working, then try something else. The Chiefs' offensive play-calling still needs balance. Run, run, short pass was playing right into the strength of the Patriots' defense. I really can't believe our coaches don't understand this stuff. It's common sense, advice my grandma could give to Herm and Chan. I have trouble believing my coaches when they say so-and-so's our QB, "he's the guy" and all that when they don't even have the confidence in him to let him try to throw the ball more than 5 yards.

Coach
09-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Will Franklin needs more playing time.

Seek
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
[quote=m0ef0e;95165]The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results.
quote]

That is the second time I have heard someone say that today. The first game from my boss.

Chief_kickingtale
09-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Your welcome!

AkChief49
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Game plan was fine! when you drop the damn ball at crunch time is on the player not the coaches. Bowe needs to own that and move on. The fact that we played the Pats down to the wire has me excited for our team!!!

AkChief49
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
We are after all a "young" team now. If the young'ns do not make a few mistakes how will they learn?

Pro_Angler
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Good job guys!

Very nice:11:

Three7s
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Will Franklin needs more playing time.
Will Franklin is injured.

greg3564
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
It's obvious where this defense should be attacked. The corners should have been challenged early and often. Yet, the Chiefs went out and tried to run the ball right into the teeth of the Patrtiots' strength. I understand establishing the run. It's neccesarry. But you can help yourself out by being at least a little unpredictable and keeping the defense honest. Make a couple plays down the field, then establishing the run won't be a problem anymore because running lanes will open when LB's have to cover downfield instead of filling gaps at the line of scrimmage. Basically, if repeating the same thing isn't working, then try something else. The Chiefs' offensive play-calling still needs balance. Run, run, short pass was playing right into the strength of the Patriots' defense. I really can't believe our coaches don't understand this stuff. It's common sense, advice my grandma could give to Herm and Chan. I have trouble believing my coaches when they say so-and-so's our QB, "he's the guy" and all that when they don't even have the confidence in him to let him try to throw the ball more than 5 yards.

Seems so reminiscent of, wait it's coming to me, THE SORALI ERA! Remember the guy who was vilified by the press and fans as everything that was wrong about the offense? Now, Herm and Co are in repeat mode.

Were we at least competitive? Sure, a little. But the Pats without Brady is a hand without an arm. They are two different teams without him.

Our defense is still good, but the offense is still terrible and as some have predicted, Herm managed to get another QB injured. I don't know if we'll ever know if Croyle is the future or not. How can we? Between his injuries and a mediocre offense, how can anyone really know?

I know we're rebuilding and I know not to expect great things for at least another two season, so I'm not overly disappointed. But I don't have as much enthusiasm as I have in years past either. It's hard to get too pumped over a team that will in all likelyhood finish under .500 again. But, that's NFL football and parity. Good years and bad ones.

I think the writing is on the wall if this team finishes under .500 again. Herm and Carl will be out and management will finally turn it over to a whole new generation. Or so I can only hope.

chief31
09-09-2008, 09:20 PM
OK, YOU GUYS MADE ME DO IT!

This is where I break out my......

:yahoo: HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY :yahoo: HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY:yahoo:

:lol:
YouTube - Ren & Stimpy - Happy Happy Joy Joy

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 09:25 PM
:lol: :funnypost: :beer:

chief addict
09-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Did you see the playoff game Washington had last season with Todd Collins at qb? They pretty much moved the ball at will. St Louis was playing a tough team yesterday.

Seek
09-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Will Franklin is injured.

Will Franklin is expected to play this week.

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2008, 11:29 PM
Game plan would have looked much better had D-Bowe caught those 3 passes. I thought the game plan was outstanding against the pats.

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2008, 11:32 PM
Seems so reminiscent of, wait it's coming to me, THE SORALI ERA! Remember the guy who was vilified by the press and fans as everything that was wrong about the offense? Now, Herm and Co are in repeat mode.

Were we at least competitive? Sure, a little. But the Pats without Brady is a hand without an arm. They are two different teams without him.

Our defense is still good, but the offense is still terrible and as some have predicted, Herm managed to get another QB injured. I don't know if we'll ever know if Croyle is the future or not. How can we? Between his injuries and a mediocre offense, how can anyone really know?

I know we're rebuilding and I know not to expect great things for at least another two season, so I'm not overly disappointed. But I don't have as much enthusiasm as I have in years past either. It's hard to get too pumped over a team that will in all likelyhood finish under .500 again. But, that's NFL football and parity. Good years and bad ones.

I think the writing is on the wall if this team finishes under .500 again. Herm and Carl will be out and management will finally turn it over to a whole new generation. Or so I can only hope.
Your judging our offense after week 1 against the patriots. hopefully your smarter than that. Put your hands in your pockets and count to ten. Then come back to the computer and type something intelligent.

Three7s
09-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Game plan would have looked much better had D-Bowe caught those 3 passes. I thought the game plan was outstanding against the pats.
I agreed with it while Brady was in, but I felt like we should've been a bit more aggressive after he was out. If that led to more turnovers, then that's how it is. I'm not complaining, I just hope we play the same way against the Raiders, if we do, we should win soundly.

greg3564
09-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Your judging our offense after week 1 against the patriots. hopefully your smarter than that. Put your hands in your pockets and count to ten. Then come back to the computer and type something intelligent.

I am smarter than that. Tell me one thing that was a VAST improvement over last year. It was the same crappy O-Line, hurt QB's, Larry Johnson unproductive and more run, run, pass, punt playcalling. The defense was about the same, but so far I'm not seeing the huge tradeoff with getting rid of Jared Allen.

Look, I want to win games bad. But I'm also a realist or pessimist, whatever you want to call it. This team wants to win, but they lack the tools to do much this year. It's going to take this season and probably two more before we are close to being a serious contender. I look at the schedule and see 5-11 or 4-12. Don't be fooled by the Patriots game. Yes, they were doing ok. But, had Brady stayed healthy, the team would have adjusted to our play calling in the 2nd half and killed us. That's what they are great at doing, adjusting. They lost that ability when Brady went out.

tornadospotter
09-11-2008, 09:05 AM
I am smarter than that. Tell me one thing that was a VAST improvement over last year. It was the same crappy O-Line, hurt QB's, Larry Johnson unproductive and more run, run, pass, punt playcalling. The defense was about the same, but so far I'm not seeing the huge tradeoff with getting rid of Jared Allen.

Look, I want to win games bad. But I'm also a realist or pessimist, whatever you want to call it. This team wants to win, but they lack the tools to do much this year. It's going to take this season and probably two more before we are close to being a serious contender. I look at the schedule and see 5-11 or 4-12. Don't be fooled by the Patriots game. Yes, they were doing ok. But, had Brady stayed healthy, the team would have adjusted to our play calling in the 2nd half and killed us. That's what they are great at doing, adjusting. They lost that ability when Brady went out.

Or was it when spy gate was exposed!!!!:11:

chief31
09-11-2008, 09:50 AM

I have no choice but to agree with that. I am against attempting to help your defense by not scoring, but they did have every chance to win in NE.

jakesmith
09-11-2008, 10:48 AM
I hope that Chan can do better. I agree with whoever said it, why were we trying to establish the run when the secondary was clearly the weekness on the Pats. I think the biggest problem is no flexability in the Offensive Scheme. I think that falls on the shoulders of Edwards. He needs to let the reins out on his coordinators. He has two very talented guys running both sides of the ball and needs to let them work.

I wish Bowe hadnt dropped those passes, but I see him rebounding. He is still young and dropping passes is not what he does.

Seek
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM

Just curious. What your basing your opinion of the Chiefs offense from. It sounds like hopeful speculation and not the last 10 loses or lack of production against anyone in the pre-season except the back up Rams....

The game plan last week was clearly to keep the ball and not turn it over. It clearly changed after we got down and when Damon came in.

The game plan was the same as it was with Solari. Just somene else calling the plays. The game plan was what the Chiefs felt like it had to be based on the talent of the players and what the Chiefs felt needed to be done to beat the Pats.

wolfpack
09-11-2008, 03:54 PM
:mob:they dont call him Mr. Herm Gaily for noth`n.

Three7s
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
Herm does make the game-plan with Chan, but this was how Chan ran an offense with Pittsburgh. He used Bettis as the workhorse, and they won a lot of games like that. Nothing different now, really, just that the O-line isn't quite as good as he had it with the Steelers.

m0ef0e
09-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Herm does make the game-plan with Chan, but this was how Chan ran an offense with Pittsburgh. He used Bettis as the workhorse, and they won a lot of games like that. Nothing different now, really, just that the O-line isn't quite as good as he had it with the Steelers.

But the o-line is much improved over last year. I do give Chan credit for turning last year's joke of an o-line into something that could prove to be at least respectable this season. If we want to play smash-mouth football and run a lot, at least we have an OC who knows how to do it. Granted, he may need to get some more talent in a few spots to be able to accomplish that the way he seems to want to.

jtandcrew
09-13-2008, 01:02 AM
But the o-line is much improved over last year. I do give Chan credit for turning last year's joke of an o-line into something that could prove to be at least respectable this season. If we want to play smash-mouth football and run a lot, at least we have an OC who knows how to do it. Granted, he may need to get some more talent in a few spots to be able to accomplish that the way he seems to want to.

I agree that we need more talent on the O-line to do what he wants. Ive been saying all along since he was hired...Look at the line he had when he was successful in Dallas! Sorry I cant remember all the names! Larry Brown and the rest! He didnt have a O-lineman that DIDNT weigh less than 300 lbs. Also they were very mobile with the size! To bad we got rid of wieggman!

Seek
09-15-2008, 09:18 AM

Want to revisit this post. After that game yesterday, I don't think the O-line compares to last years offensive line. That was horrible.

m0ef0e
09-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Want to revisit this post. After that game yesterday, I don't think the O-line compares to last years offensive line. That was horrible.

Agreed. I think I got the cart ahead of the horse.