PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter reporting Croyle out for 2 to4 weeks

wolfpack
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
His also reporting chiefs are looking into several out-of- work QB`S.
Simms who is one of them but NE has already called him.
Can`t wait to see who they bring in.

jtandcrew
09-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Could this be the end of Croyle being the starter? Im thinking so since he has proven through college he CANT take a hit. Yeah, befor all you Croyle lovers out there start telling me how bad he got beat up? Yeah I understand he never really had time to throw the ball, and yes, he got the crap hit out of him all day. Though a good starter needs to prove he can play with bumps and injurys. If hes this hurt then im sorry for him but I dont think hes proven hes ready to take the reigns either.

royalswin100games
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't think you can throw a football with a seperated shoulder. I also think that's a little bit worse than a bump or bruise.

Dyno-Mite
09-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Croyle could've been a successful quarterback for us but his problem is that he can't take hits.Herm really wanted Croyle because he wanted to get young at the quarterback position.

royalswin100games
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Oh, I think he can take a hit. He had his legs basically destroyed at Bama and still came back to play. I think this hit that separated his shoulder was just unlucky.

McLovin
09-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh, I think he can take a hit. He had his legs basically destroyed at Bama and still came back to play. I think this hit that separated his shoulder was just unlucky.
Agreed he seemed to be driven down on his shoulder. But what worries me isnt this injury it is that the number of injuries no matter how small is going up. He seems to get slightly hurt at least in every game he plays in. Comes out for a couple plays or so. Maybe he just needs to hit the weight room and bulk up.

royalswin100games
09-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Could be...

Three7s
09-08-2008, 10:02 PM
It was a full, unblocked blitz that Croyle couldn't see coming at all. He got slammed down with no way to protect himself, and all of the weight went down on his shoulder. I'd be shocked if he wasn't injured.

chief31
09-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Croyles injury is just another, in a long stream of "unlucky" things that just keep happening to Herm Edwars.

Can anyone honestly say that they are surprised to see that Herm Edwards is coaching another season with an injured starting QB?

royalswin100games
09-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Croyles injury is just another, in a long stream of "unlucky" things that just keep happening to Herm Edwars.

Can anyone honestly say that they are surprised to see that Herm Edwards is coaching another season with an injured starting QB?

Nope because that would be a lie.

Bike
09-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Matt Ryan.........Win
Aaron Rogers.....Win
Joe Flacco........Win
Trent Edwards...Win
Matt Cassel......Win
Brodie Croyle....No wins in 2 years and hurt again.

Sh!t.

Canada
09-09-2008, 10:20 AM
His also reporting chiefs are looking into several out-of- work QB`S.
Simms who is one of them but NE has already called him.
Can`t wait to see who they bring in.

I heard NE turned Simms right back around as soon as he arrived in New England. Maybe he is still available?

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I heard NE turned Simms right back around as soon as he arrived in New England. Maybe he is still available?
What I do not like about Simms is he is left handed, He will not survive with our O-line play.

Canada
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
What about Daunte Culpecker?

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
What about Daunte Culpecker?
Not sure, wish we had Farve.

Canada
09-09-2008, 10:28 AM
Not sure, wish we had Farve.

:lol: or even a Manning!! Wonder what Archie is doing?

jtandcrew
09-09-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't think you can throw a football with a seperated shoulder. I also think that's a little bit worse than a bump or bruise.

No, you cant, and yes he was landing on that shoulder all day. But to me he hasnt proven he can live through an entire game aslong as he dont get the crap pounded outta him....IE Farve, whats his record of starting? Not saying every QB should be Farve or that I would even would want him for 1 season but to play in NFL you got to take the punishment and not get hurt.

Croyle could've been a successful quarterback for us but his problem is that he can't take hits.Herm really wanted Croyle because he wanted to get young at the quarterback position.

I agree to a point, yes he wanted to get younger but Herm kept spouting how Croyle reminds him of Pennington. Which Herm thought a alot of. Which is true, he cant take a hit either!

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
No, you cant, and yes he was landing on that shoulder all day. But to me he hasnt proven he can live through an entire game aslong as he dont get the crap pounded outta him....IE Farve, whats his record of starting? Not saying every QB should be Farve or that I would even would want him for 1 season but to play in NFL you got to take the punishment and not get hurt.

I agree to a point, yes he wanted to get younger but Herm kept spouting how Croyle reminds him of Pennington. Which Herm thought a alot of. Which is true, he cant take a hit either!
If I was a NFL QB on a Herm Edwards team, I would not let Herm like me!

m0ef0e
09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I know there's some people on here who don't appreciate Huard but I think he will do well in Croyle's absence. He's not a superstar and his arm isn't the best but he's a wily vet that can find a way to get it done. Brodie would have had a better day had Bowe not dropped 3 passes on him.

jtandcrew
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I know there's some people on here who don't appreciate Huard but I think he will do well in Croyle's absence. He's not a superstar and his arm isn't the best but he's a wily vet that can find a way to get it done. Brodie would have had a better day had Bowe not dropped 3 passes on him.

Was it only 3? I thought I was counting upto about 5? maybe? Either way, I like Huard also but he hasnt proven himself period besides being a back-up....then again, look at what happened to Gannon!

m0ef0e
09-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Was it only 3? I thought I was counting upto about 5? maybe? Either way, I like Huard also but he hasnt proven himself period besides being a back-up....then again, look at what happened to Gannon!

3 real gimmes. May have been a couple more but he did drop at least one on Huard, too.