PDA

View Full Version : chiefs sign new QB - You will never guess who !

YZILLA
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/243

anaeelbackwards
09-09-2008, 07:53 PM
:lol: ingle who? damn i have some major catching up to do, i have no clue who that is... why not just stick with damon huard? or even thigpen?

chief31
09-09-2008, 08:05 PM
You're right. I was never going to guess.

YZILLA
09-09-2008, 08:07 PM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/martin_ingle00.html

I am completely dumbfounded???? :sign0153:

Three7s
09-09-2008, 08:09 PM
I saw that article before you posted it, it was a tad hard to understand, indeed! Here's one that shows how he did in college and so on. IMO, doesn't look too bad, just a bit of bad luck hurt him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingle_Martin

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 08:25 PM
I saw that article before you posted it, it was a tad hard to understand, indeed! Here's one that shows how he did in college and so on. IMO, doesn't look too bad, just a bit of bad luck hurt him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingle_Martin

But the bonus is,............ he can kick!!!!!! He kicked fgs in high school and punted in college! :yahoo:3 FGs over 50 yards!

anaeelbackwards
09-09-2008, 08:38 PM
so a multi-task player eh? he'll be passin and kickin FGS? thats a injury waiting to happen.. :wheelchair:

greg3564
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
I have to assume he's the new 3rd string QB. I'm guessing that tomorrow we'll be hearing Croyle's lost for the rest of the season. Why else would they sign this guy?

I mean seriously? A fifth round pick who is from Furman? I follow college ball, but where in the hell is Furman? Never heard of them.

I don't get it. This one's a real head scratcher.

Three7s
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I have to assume he's the new 3rd string QB. I'm guessing that tomorrow we'll be hearing Croyle's lost for the rest of the season. Why else would they sign this guy?

I mean seriously? A fifth round pick who is from Furman? I follow college ball, but where in the hell is Furman? Never heard of them.

Well, he played at Florida for his first 2 seasons and did pretty well when he got an opportunity, but an injury ruined him, then he went to Furman. I'll agree with you though, it's obvious he's 3rd string.

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM

Maybe he also going to develop his kicking skill, incase we need a new kicker. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :lol:

greg3564
09-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Maybe he also going to develop his kicking skill, incase we need a new kicker. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :lol:

A two-fer! So who gets cut on the roster to make room? My gut tells me Croyle is going on IR and is done for they year.

chief31
09-09-2008, 09:10 PM
We need as many bodies as we can get to play QB. One game...one starter gone for the season. (Excluding Brady.)

Seems like par for the Hermie course.

Coach
09-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Apparently, Simms was in KC today visiting with the Chiefs. The Titans called Simms when he was in KC and offered him a contract contingent on him passing a physical. Simms agreed and boarded a plane for Nashville. The Chiefs were obviously not happy about this, so they turned around and signed a QB right off of the Titans practice squad that they could no longer protect. It sounds like this was more of a political move rather than a solution to our QB problems. I hope I'm wrong, but that is how it was reported by Adam Schefter on NFL Radio around 7:30 EST on NFL Radio.

greg3564
09-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Apparently, Simms was in KC today visiting with the Chiefs. The Titans called Simms when he was in KC and offered him a contract contingent on him passing a physical. Simms agreed and boarded a plane for Nashville. The Chiefs were obviously not happy about this, so they turned around and signed a QB right off of the Titans practice squad that they could no longer protect. It sounds like this was more of a political move rather than a solution to our QB problems. I hope I'm wrong, but that is how it was reported by Adam Schefter on NFL Radio around 7:30 EST on NFL Radio.

Sounds like something Carl would do. Ooooooh, were going to show you Titans, we're going to steal your bench warmers!!! I'm sure the Titans are devastated. We got a 5th round, 3rd string, unknown QB and they got Simms. Eh, well it's a toss! :lol:

Chiefster
09-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Ingle who???

tammietailgator
09-09-2008, 11:34 PM

I wish it was a democracy.... then we would have a vote - well maybe:sign0153:

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Ingle who???:wheelchair: :11:
Keep up oldtimer, he is our next 3rd string Qb/backup punter/FG kicker! :D :lol:

Chiefster
09-09-2008, 11:37 PM
:wheelchair: :11:
Keep up oldtimer, he is our next 3rd string Qb/backup punter/FG kicker! :D :lol:

Get off my lawn :sign0104: !

Don't you know a rhetorical question when you see one? :D :lol:

tornadospotter
09-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Get off my lawn :sign0104: !

Don't you know a rhetorical question when you see one? :D :lol:
nope redneck i am! :drunkhb: :D

Chiefster
09-09-2008, 11:47 PM
nope redneck i am! :drunkhb: :D

Hey, I R 1, 2!!

Taint no excuse! :11:

YZILLA
09-09-2008, 11:58 PM
YouTube - Titans V. Raiders Game Winning Drive Preseason Week 2

LETS NOT BURN HIM ON THE CROSS YET ! ( Would Brodie have done that ? )

tammietailgator
09-10-2008, 12:03 AM
I want to see that happen sunday... well I dont want the raiders to get that close to a TD - but that was a great drive!

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey, I R 1, 2!!

Taint no excuse! :11:
:wheelchair: old also am i?

Chiefster
09-10-2008, 12:05 AM
YouTube - Titans V. Raiders Game Winning Drive Preseason Week 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAxhL_YSho)

Ok, but just because you have requested it. :D

Chiefster
09-10-2008, 12:07 AM
:wheelchair: old also am i?

But, older then me - I doubt you are.

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 12:10 AM
YouTube - Titans V. Raiders Game Winning Drive Preseason Week 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAxhL_YSho)

He does look good, but what game was that? Was it reg season or preseason?

Three7s
09-10-2008, 01:03 AM
He does look good, but what game was that? Was it reg season or preseason?
Preseason, Week 2.

peekaboo224
09-10-2008, 01:46 AM
He did look good on that drive. But was he playing against the faders 2nd or 3rd string since it was a preseason?

Bike
09-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Typical Carl Peterson. Why not offer Simms a contract as soon as he left Boston? Why even give somebody else a chance to sign him in the first place? What a fool.

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Typical Carl Peterson. Why not offer Simms a contract as soon as he left Boston? Why even give somebody else a chance to sign him in the first place? What a fool.
I am rather glad that we did not sign Simms, I doubt that he would have worked out with the current O-line anyway.
jmo
I really believe that we need to start Thig.

Bike
09-10-2008, 02:26 AM
I am rather glad that we did not sign Simms, I doubt that he would have worked out with the current O-line anyway.
jmo
I really believe that we need to start Thig.
I have to reserve judgement on Thig until I see him play in a game. In pre-season he seemed mobile enough and seemed to make good decisions. So why not put him in there? Home opener against a ragged fader defense would be a good place to start! Lets see what he can do!

Guru
09-10-2008, 02:30 AM
But the bonus is,............ he can kick!!!!!! He kicked fgs in high school and punted in college! :yahoo:3 FGs over 50 yards!
Cool. NOw he can come in and perform the drop kick. :yahoo:

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Yes!!! A new offensive weapon!!!!:lol: :sign0153:

Bike
09-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Yeah. on King Carl!

Guru
09-10-2008, 02:48 AM
Yeah. on King Carl!
I like the way you think. :bananen_smilies046:

texaschief
09-10-2008, 02:50 AM
ugh... this thread just got so damn cheesy

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 02:58 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guru
09-10-2008, 03:18 AM
meh, its not like we will see him on the field any time in the future. There was no way they would sign Rattay or Simms because fans might want one of them to play.

texaschief
09-10-2008, 03:01 PM
meh, its not like we will see him on the field any time in the future. There was no way they would sign Rattay or Simms because fans might want one of them to play.

I think this is EXACTLY why the Chiefs didn't sign him. What happens if Simms came in and started winning? What do you do when Croyle comes back? The fans want to win, but at the same time, you need to develop a young QB. But, you can't pull a guy who wins for a guy who's injury prone or the fans will go crazy.

So, what do you do? Bring in someone less talented so the fans are aching for Croyle to come back. Then, when he does, the organization can evaluate him on a level playing field for the rest of the season and decide whether he's THE GUY going forward.

IMO, Croyle has been passed over already. 3 injuries in 7 games isn't a guy you want to build around. He's going to have to play lights out from here on to keep the starting spot.

You can say what you want about "Herm's" offense and his bad luck with QB, but Croyle's injury wasn't his fault. When the defense brings more guys than you have blockers, that kind of thing is going to happen. It's called a blitz for those who think it was the O-line's fault. Maybe Charles picked up the wrong guy, but if you go back and look at the play, every lineman had a guy and Charles picked up the closest threat.

My question is, during Brett Favre's 276 consecutive game steak, do y'all think he ALWAYS had a great O-line? In 16 or so seasons, do y'all think he's never been hit as hard as Croyle was? The fact is, some guys get hurt. Some guys are fragile like Pennington, or don't slide soon enough then get the sh@# knocked out of them by a late hit, some are too old to get out of the way, and some just get drilled by a blitz that wasn't picked up.

To lay ALL of these injuries at the feet of a head coach is just ridiculous. This is a collision sport. I don't hear people calling for Andy Reed's head because McNabb can't stay healthy. Same thing with Carolina, Tennessee, Tampa, Buffalo, Washington, St. Louis, etc.

Yeah, it looks bad that Herm's QB's can't stay healthy, but go back over each of those injuries and show me how Herm had an influence on every single injury.

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I think this is EXACTLY why the Chiefs didn't sign him. What happens if Simms came in and started winning? What do you do when Croyle comes back? The fans want to win, but at the same time, you need to develop a young QB. But, you can't pull a guy who wins for a guy who's injury prone or the fans will go crazy.

So, what do you do? Bring in someone less talented so the fans are aching for Croyle to come back. Then, when he does, the organization can evaluate him on a level playing field for the rest of the season and decide whether he's THE GUY going forward.

IMO, Croyle has been passed over already. 3 injuries in 7 games isn't a guy you want to build around. He's going to have to play lights out from here on to keep the starting spot.

You can say what you want about "Herm's" offense and his bad luck with QB, but Croyle's injury wasn't his fault. When the defense brings more guys than you have blockers, that kind of thing is going to happen. It's called a blitz for those who think it was the O-line's fault. Maybe Charles picked up the wrong guy, but if you go back and look at the play, every lineman had a guy and Charles picked up the closest threat.

My question is, during Brett Favre's 276 consecutive game steak, do y'all think he ALWAYS had a great O-line? In 16 or so seasons, do y'all think he's never been hit as hard as Croyle was? The fact is, some guys get hurt. Some guys are fragile like Pennington, or don't slide soon enough then get the sh@# knocked out of them by a late hit, some are too old to get out of the way, and some just get drilled by a blitz that wasn't picked up.

To lay ALL of these injuries at the feet of a head coach is just ridiculous. This is a collision sport. I don't hear people calling for Andy Reed's head because McNabb can't stay healthy. Same thing with Carolina, Tennessee, Tampa, Buffalo, Washington, St. Louis, etc.

Yeah, it looks bad that Herm's QB's can't stay healthy, but go back over each of those injuries and show me how Herm had an influence on every single injury.

Type of game plan. He doesn't seem to want to attack! Its run first, then pass. If he would open up the offense and attack the opposite teams defense early in the game, then go run. His Conservative style of play, means we will always be playing under pressure.

texaschief
09-10-2008, 03:55 PM
Type of game plan. He doesn't seem to want to attack! Its run first, then pass. If he would open up the offense and attack the opposite teams defense early in the game, then go run. His Conservative style of play, means we will always be playing under pressure.

It's a clock control and game pace dictating offense. The games are no more or less competitive than the games earlier this decade. There's just fewer possessions for which the two teams to score. It's Dick's track meet offense or Herm's slugfest offense.

The difference between the two teams is that this team is really young and based on defense and controlling the ball, whereas the teams early this decade were very experienced, no defense at all and was built to just try and outscore of opponent.

When the two teams execute their game plans efficiently, they can be successful. Dick's older team executed better and won more games. Herm's teams have been either too old to be competitive or too young to execute.

When an offense like what we had early this decade doesn't execute, they're just as bad as the Chiefs have been the past couple years.... all you have to do is look at the Rams, Lions and Redskins. Their offenses are comparable to the offense the Chiefs ran with Vermeil.

This team is on its way. It just needs time to mature and learn the game and then execute.

Bike
09-10-2008, 04:05 PM
I think our game plan was to play not to lose. After Brady was knocked out, we should have been more fired up and more aggresive. Our defense should have stood up and looked each other in the eye and said "Aint no high school qb gonna beat us today!"
But that didn't happen.
Herm needs to get his hooks out of our D and let gunny run it the way it should be. Just turn the guys lose and let 'em play.
Are you sure Solari still aint running this offense? Man, it looked like the samo samo to me...

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
I think our game plan was to play not to lose. After Brady was knocked out, we should have been more fired up and more aggresive. Our defense should have stood up and looked each other in the eye and said "Aint no high school qb gonna beat us today!"
But that didn't happen.
Herm needs to get his hooks out of our D and let gunny run it the way it should be. Just turn the guys lose and let 'em play.
Are you sure Solari still aint running this offense? Man, it looked like the samo samo to me...
Yep, me to.

texaschief
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Forget Brady Quinn. Let's go get Vince Young. He just needs a change of scenery. Chan is just the guy who can develop an offense around that guy. I watched him too long in high school at Houston Madison and then at UT to think this guy just can't handle it mentally.

tornadospotter
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Forget Brady Quinn. Let's go get Vince Young. He just needs a change of scenery. Chan is just the guy who can develop an offense around that guy. I watched him too long in high school at Houston Madison and then at UT to think this guy just can't handle it mentally.
I would have to say, go for it!!! He can be a play maker!

Three7s
09-10-2008, 05:05 PM
No thanks, he's just another one of those dumb running QBs. Get me someone that can make throws, please.

Bike
09-10-2008, 09:13 PM
No thanks, he's just another one of those dumb running QBs. Get me someone that can make throws, please.
Already got him. Huard can throw just fine. Just wanna see if Thig can win us a game...

jtandcrew
09-10-2008, 10:03 PM
OMG.....they didnt even try for a veteran! Typical KING CARL for you. That means Ingle wont even get a chance to play!

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Thats An Excellent Peice Of Opinion Texas. I Wish These Idiots Would Figure It Out!

Bike
09-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Most likely not. He's our 3rd qb...

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2008, 10:23 PM
What Are You Smoking. Read My Last Thread And Ill Tell You Why We Didnt. And I Promise You, It Doesnt Have Anything To Do With Carl Peterson Mr. Whitlock. I Mean JT.

Bike
09-10-2008, 10:27 PM
This idiot will never figure out that Vince Young is the answer to our offensive woes. Hell, he's not even the answer to his own woes!

tornadospotter
09-11-2008, 08:46 AM
The Chiefs had a nearly two-hour practice session inside on Wednesday.
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/09/10.jpgOn the field with the team was new quarterback Ingle Martin, signed to the active roster off the Tennessee practice squad. Also working was WR Marques Hagans, who was moved up from the Chiefs practice squad to the active roster.
The Chiefs have not officially announced the moves they’ve made to make room for Martin and Hagans, but WR Maurice Price and RB Jackie Battle are headed for the practice squad. They did not take part in Wednesday’s practice session, but were in the building. Price is not expected to be able to practice this week because of a shoulder injury.
Ingle Martin
QB Brodie Croyle was the only player who did not participate in any part of the practice. He was on the field watching. His right arm was not in a sling, like it was after Sunday’s game in New England. Crhttp://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/09/11.jpgoyle had a small ball in his right hand and was squeezing it throughout the practice.
WR Will Franklin was back to full participation in practice. He missed last week’s opener recovering from minor knee surgery.
Not practicing were LB Napoleon Harris (knee) and FS Jarrad Page (back).

chief31
09-11-2008, 09:45 AM

I think he is as big of a long-shot as anything that we already have. But that may be just me.

I think your lonestar state of mind may be creating some bias.

Thats An Excellent Peice Of Opinion Texas. I Wish These Idiots Would Figure It Out!

Rules.

What Are You Smoking. Read My Last Thread And Ill Tell You Why We Didnt. And I Promise You, It Doesnt Have Anything To Do With Carl Peterson Mr. Whitlock. I Mean JT.

That one is pretty creative. I'm not sure if that qualifies or not. But Kudos for the creativity.

tammietailgator
09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Croyle had a small ball in his right hand and was squeezing it throughout the practice.
WR Will Franklin was back to full participation in practice. He missed last week’s opener recovering from minor knee surgery.
Not practicing were LB Napoleon Harris (knee) and FS Jarrad Page (back).

I can think of some balls that he can squeeze during practice!!!!!:11:

chief31
09-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I can think of some balls that he can squeeze during practice!!!!!:11:

I don't even want to know what that innuendo means.

:scared2:

tammietailgator
09-11-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't even want to know what that innuendo means.

:scared2:

I was thinking of our GM - or Herm! :lol:

tornadospotter
09-11-2008, 10:16 AM
:funnypost: :lol:

chief31
09-11-2008, 10:50 AM

EEEWWW!!! I knew I didn't want to know. :mob: