PDA

View Full Version : Herm..." I'm just saying"

DrunkHillbilly
09-10-2008, 12:45 PM
News: Coach Herm Edwards is hinting that the Chiefs may go with some sort of two-quarterback system while Brodie Croyle (http://drats1.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/408998) is sidelined with a separated shoulder. Backup Damon Huard (http://drats1.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/1748) will start this week against the Raiders, relieving an injured Kansas City quarterback for the third time in three years. But Edwards made clear that third-teamer Tyler Thigpen (http://drats1.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/435413) will also get on the field in the next few weeks. Asked directly if he was talking about a two-quarterback system, Edwards replied, "I'm just saying (Thigpen's) going to play."

jakesmith
09-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Good, he should play, we gotta know if he can take a hit better than Croyle.

Bike
09-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Just start Thig. If he can't get the ball downfield, we always got Huard. Need to see what Thig can do!

jtandcrew
09-10-2008, 10:44 PM
Just start Thig. If he can't get the ball downfield, we always got Huard. Need to see what Thig can do!

i agree!:mob:

Big Daddy Tek
09-10-2008, 11:25 PM
Thats a good point Bike.

chief31
09-11-2008, 06:14 AM

I totally agree.

Seek
09-11-2008, 08:51 AM

I heard the interview and Herm also included that it was not fair starting Thig the home opener. Huard gave them momentum and wanted to go with that this week. Basically said, they didn't want to throw Thig into the fire at the home opener.

hermhater
09-12-2008, 01:27 AM
I totally agree.

Been saying this since last year...

jtandcrew
09-12-2008, 05:22 AM
I heard the interview and Herm also included that it was not fair starting Thig the home opener. Huard gave them momentum and wanted to go with that this week. Basically said, they didn't want to throw Thig into the fire at the home opener.

of course he dosent want to do that! We dont want another Ryan Leaf!

Seek
09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
of course he dosent want to do that! We dont want another Ryan Leaf!

But by stating that Thig will play on Sunday, it is basically saying we are not playing our best players to win the game. We are playing players to give them experience. Who cares if we are on a 10 game losing streak. Who cares if it is home opener. Who cares if it is a rival game.

kcchiefs4life
09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
But by stating that Thig will play on Sunday, it is basically saying we are not playing our best players to win the game. We are playing players to give them experience. Who cares if we are on a 10 game losing streak. Who cares if it is home opener. Who cares if it is a rival game.

I'm starting to wonder who our best players are on this team?
I guess football has changed. Watching NFL growing up it always seemed to me like the QB was the person in charge of the team. I grew up watching Phil Simms, Joe Montana, etc. who were leaders on the team. Lately with the chiefs I wonder what the hell are they doing? Who is making these decisions? I don't understand what Herm/Carl are thinking, then signing someone like Ingle? Are you kidding? There are people like Joey Harrington out there and we go with INGLE?
its going to be a frustrating year.....I hope Carl steps down like the rumors say, i really think thats the best thing for the Chiefs right now.

Seek
09-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I guess football has changed. Watching NFL growing up it always seemed to me like the QB was the person in charge of the team. I grew up watching Phil Simms, Joe Montana, etc. who were leaders on the team. Lately with the chiefs I wonder what the hell are they doing? Who is making these decisions? I don't understand what Herm/Carl are thinking, then signing someone like Ingle? Are you kidding? There are people like Joey Harrington out there and we go with INGLE?
its going to be a frustrating year.....I hope Carl steps down like the rumors say, i really think thats the best thing for the Chiefs right now.

I am fine with Ingle. He is essentially a fourth string QB, If it gets to the point that we will need Ingle, I am sure there will be other QB's signed to play in front of him.

As a fourth stringer he still has a potential to be something in the NFL. (probably not, but there is stilla chance that he is Kurt Warner). Joey Harrington, David Carr, Alex Smith are broken players and have been tested over and over and get worse each test.

Sn@keIze
09-12-2008, 02:02 PM
Hellz NO!! Lets beat the Raidtards first then let start dickin round and experiment like its preseason.

jtandcrew
09-13-2008, 12:39 AM

I care for 1, but its a "rebuilding year" if it is? Then take a damned chance on somone! We've done it at other positions! Why not QB?

I agree whole heartedly! I hope Carl steps down even if the Chiefs cant put a competitive team on field for a couple or few years! Im tired of the mediocre teams we have been putting on the field for the last 10-15 years! As far as signing a new QB? I think we shoulda went with a vet myself or since we signed Ingle then we should start Thigpen this week!

Hellz NO!! Lets beat the Raidtards first then let start dickin round and experiment like its preseason.

Lets find out what we have first! Then we can worry about it! ITS A DAMNED REBUILDING YEAR! We cant expect to win every division game. It would be nice but the Chiefs are committed to rebuilding!

OTR Chiefs fan
09-13-2008, 09:09 PM
I am fine with Ingle. He is essentially a fourth string QB, If it gets to the point that we will need Ingle, I am sure there will be other QB's signed to play in front of him.

As a fourth stringer he still has a potential to be something in the NFL. (probably not, but there is stilla chance that he is Kurt Warner). Joey Harrington, David Carr, Alex Smith are broken players and have been tested over and over and get worse each test.

Ditto! :D

Chiefster
09-13-2008, 09:59 PM

Yeah, I really don't care who starts or finishes as long as swe beat the faders tomorrow.

Home opener baby! It's going to be a wild time!

okikcfan
09-14-2008, 01:54 AM
Do we really have a choice who we need to start. Our back up is our only proven QB. He has started more games. He has proven himself. He's not the best, but he's more or less all we have.

Chiefster
09-14-2008, 06:01 AM
Do we really have a choice who we need to start. Our back up is our only proven QB. He has started more games. He has proven himself. He's not the best, but he's more or less all we have.

You raise a good point. We need awin today; it's the home opener and it's against the faders.

Bike
09-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Aaron Rogers, Joe Flacco, and Matt Ryan started their 1st nfl games last weekend - and they all won!
So you see, it really doesn't matter how many games you have started. What matters is how well you can play the game...:beer:

okikcfan
09-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I mean lets think about it, Brodie got his start last year and granted, we did not have a very good OLine, but he had his time to shine, so far he has not been what Herm has hoped for. How long do you wait until you change QB's. Let's not turn back the clock to Marty ball, the Gannon vs Elvis ara, that was a disaster.