PDA

View Full Version : Get Brady Quinn Now..

mabortdrummer
09-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Hey guys newbie here. Just been looking around and browsing lots of forums and I came across a website that is dedicated to getting Brady Quinn. Alot of Chiefs fans feel that he would be a good fit here and could outplay Brodie Croyle if given the chance.

This website is so dedicated they even have a petition. If you feel that Brady Quinn would be a good fit here in KC go on over and sign the petition.

www.getbradynow.com

spiman
09-12-2008, 08:20 PM
:sign0104: No thx..Too late and will cost to much $ or draft picks which we will b high up on next yr.. Dare I say Maybe Tbo "Florida" will come our way.. This is a rebuild yr and our record will reflect it..The 'O' line is not ready for a new inexperienced QB right now and at what price.. :wheelchair: :mob:

Big Daddy Tek
09-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Hey guys newbie here. Just been looking around and browsing lots of forums and I came across a website that is dedicated to getting Brady Quinn. Alot of Chiefs fans feel that he would be a good fit here and could outplay Brodie Croyle if given the chance.

This website is so dedicated they even have a petition. If you feel that Brady Quinn would be a good fit here in KC go on over and sign the petition.

www.getbradynow.com
Your outta your mind pal. We are now in the middle of the reguilar season. This isnt baseball. There will be no blockbuster trades until about 8 months from now. Our entire team is either young prospects or high paid veterans. We dont have trade value other than draft picks or losing a potential great player. We wont give either and we shouldnt. Theres guys coming out next year bud. Go read my "HEY IDIOT" Thread in this forum.

jtandcrew
09-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Even though KU lost tonight I think Reesing would look good in a Chiefs uni!

Three7s
09-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Even though KU lost tonight I think Reesing would look good in a Chiefs uni!
Texas wouldn't approve! He's even shorter than Daniels!

jtandcrew
09-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Texas wouldn't approve! He's even shorter than Daniels!

Yeah, but hes smart both in the head and in football! Tonight he just forced a ball he shouldnt have. Not all great QB's are tall!

mabortdrummer
09-13-2008, 09:04 AM
Yea BUT he is actually 5'10'' not 5'11'' or 6'0'' like all of his stats say. The guys is too small to compete. He will probably go to the NFL but he will only go as a backup. You can't have a good qb when he can't even see over his own linemen..

Bike
09-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Why do they allow newbies to start new threads? You should have at least 500 posts (including myself) before you can start a new thread....
The answer is - NO.
We already have 3 unproven nfl qb's on our roster - and 1 vet. Why would you add another?
HELLOOOOOO

mabortdrummer
09-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Why do they allow newbies to start new threads? You should have at least 500 posts (including myself) before you can start a new thread....
The answer is - NO.
We already have 3 unproven nfl qb's on our roster - and 1 vet. Why would you add another?
HELLOOOOOO

Wow good logic... We have 1 injury proned unproven qb that has half the number of injuries as touchdowns.. We have another qb that showed he wasn't all the impressive throwing the ball but he could run in preseason. Then we have another unproven qb that we just signed this week thats stats show he has only two RUSHING attempts for -5 yards?!?! Yes this sounds amazing to me.. Looks like we are going to make a run for the playoffs in a few years. Lets face it. Brodie Croyle won't make it thru an entire season. Thigpen is still unproven but his chances are slimming down. and Ingle Martin has been thrown out the back door of two different organizations...so if they didn't see anything then why do you think we will? Ingle Martin will be the backup to the backup no more.

With your type of logic why do they even let you reply to posts on these forums?

Bike
09-13-2008, 09:46 AM
What makes you think Quinn is a better qb than Thig or Martin? He ain't proved sh!t to me.
You may be stupid, but you ain't smart. Go trash somebody elses' forum. Bonehead.

mabortdrummer
09-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Do you not watch football?? Quinn has played very well in the preseason but Derek Anderson has the reins of the team now until he screws up. What did Thigpen do? He ran, then ran some more, then threw, and then ran some more. We don't need some versatile qb like Vick.. we need someone to get the ball to Bowe and Gonzalez.. Martin really? Your going to stand behind this guy?

I wasn't talking smack when I came to this forum. It was someone like you who came along and started crap that got me pissed off. If you can't handle it then don't try to dish out your crap to me. You really need to watch some more football before you start smack talking cause this is just getting ridiculous.

Bike
09-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Do you not watch football?? Quinn has played very well in the preseason but Derek Anderson has the reins of the team now until he screws up. What did Thigpen do? He ran, then ran some more, then threw, and then ran some more. We don't need some versatile qb like Vick.. we need someone to get the ball to Bowe and Gonzalez.. Martin really? Your going to stand behind this guy?

I wasn't talking smack when I came to this forum. It was someone like you who came along and started crap that got me pissed off. If you can't handle it then don't try to dish out your crap to me. You really need to watch some more football before you start smack talking cause this is just getting ridiculous.
PRESEASON. DING DONG. HELLOOOOOOO Put an egg in your shoe and beat it. Excuse me while I spew. Out.:sign0104: :sign0104: :sign0153: :sign0153:

mabortdrummer
09-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Hmm.. the maturity you have seems to be decreasing with each and every post of yours.

As all NFL fans know. Preseason is a time to catch a good glimpse of what players can contribute to the team. It's exactly why we picked up Erik Walden from the Cowboys. So if your saying that all things from preseason should be thrown out the door then please leave and save me some time. Preseason is very important for every team. I just wish you could grasp that.

What internet site are you getting all these lame jokes from anyways?

Three7s
09-13-2008, 12:06 PM
We're all Chiefs fans here, try to treat opinions with respect, even if you highly disagree!

TRB05
09-13-2008, 06:51 PM

Well since you are standing behind Quinn's preseason performance, the reason the Chiefs picked up Thigpen last year was because of his impressive showing in the scrimmage between the Vikings and Chiefs, and the preseason games he got into last year.

Hmm.. the maturity you have seems to be decreasing with each and every post of yours.

As all NFL fans know. Preseason is a time to catch a good glimpse of what players can contribute to the team. It's exactly why we picked up Erik Walden from the Cowboys. So if your saying that all things from preseason should be thrown out the door then please leave and save me some time. Preseason is very important for every team. I just wish you could grasp that.

What internet site are you getting all these lame jokes from anyways?

So why would we give up a first day draft pick for Quinn, when we already have an unproven (in the regular season) QB, who has looked good at times in the preseason?

I don't get it. If Quinn was the next hall of fame QB, I think the Browns would have shown Anderson the door a while ago.

By the way, if the Chiefs actually wanted to get Quinn, the Browns still have to agree to a trade and compensation. The Chiefs can't just acquire talent by trading with everyone for nothing in return.

Chiefster
09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
We're all Chiefs fans here, try to treat opinions with respect, even if you highly disagree!

:sign0098:

Chad Peter
09-15-2008, 04:54 AM
I'd start with a new head coach first. Gotta build from the ground up, and then consider a franchise QB. The Chiefs would have better luck getting a solid veteran to rebuild themselves, all the while nursing a baby-QB to lead in the future.

But first, a new coaching staff. Maybe start with bringing Kiffin on as an offensive coordinator once he's fired.

mabortdrummer
09-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Well not to bring this back up or anything but it looks like at least some people agree with this.. It jumped from 23 signatures to 127 in one day.. that says alot.

Hayvern
09-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Well not to bring this back up or anything but it looks like at least some people agree with this.. It jumped from 23 signatures to 127 in one day.. that says alot.

I am not one to start rumors, but spreading them is perfectly fine.

As we were leaving today, we stopped off at one location and I have it on a very unreliable source that there might actually be some talk of trading Johnson and Huard to get Quinn.

Please remember that this is so far removed that I might actually be making it up!

:yahoo: :D

m0ef0e
09-16-2008, 02:12 PM

As we were leaving today, we stopped off at one location and I have it on a very unreliable source that there might actually be some talk of trading Johnson and Huard to get Quinn.

Please remember that this is so far removed that I might actually be making it up!

:lol::lol::lol:Do it now! Let's just keep the revolving door going at QB until we find somebody who sticks.

tornadospotter
09-16-2008, 02:15 PM

:funnypost: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :sign0153:

Bike
09-16-2008, 02:42 PM
No it don't.
Again, what has Quinn done?

Three7s
09-16-2008, 05:30 PM
No it don't.
Not saying I'd want him or anything, but he's done about as much as Croyle!

Bike
09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Not saying I'd want him or anything, but he's done about as much as Croyle!
True! Neither one has yet to win an NFL game!

slc chief
09-16-2008, 07:08 PM
i would like to see some more comprtition at qb they atleast have to draft one early next year

Canada
09-16-2008, 08:36 PM
No it don't.

Less than Huard and more than Croyle, Thigpen, and Ingle put together. Wheres the harm? If we trade LJ then there will be no one to run up the middle every first down. :D

Bike
09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Less than Huard and more than Croyle, Thigpen, and Ingle put together. Wheres the harm? If we trade LJ then there will be no one to run up the middle every first down. :D
Sold.:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Canada
09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
:bananen_smilies046:

mabortdrummer
09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Haven't we been thru this before?? Your right he hasn't done much but Cleveland hasn't really given him the chance either.. We have given Croyle what like 7 starts now? Don't knock Quinn just because you haven't seen him play in the NFL yet. The Chiefs are going to take chances whether you like it or not. This was shown especially last Sunday. SO GET OVER IT. This guy has a ton of potential someone just needs to tap into it.

But on a lighter note.. the chances of us getting Quinn are slimming down because Derek Anderson is playing pretty bad. A few more bad games for him and it looks like they will name Quinn their starter. It's just going to be sad day for you Bike when you finally realize how good Quinn is and why we didn't try to take a chance.

No it don't.

mabortdrummer
09-16-2008, 09:32 PM
Just to keep you guys updated.. The signatures seem to keep growing. 127 to 178 in a day.. Not bad

Bay Area Chiefs
09-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Sigh... Imagine if we have favre. I know we wont be as bad as we are now...
Chiefs all the way !!!

Bike
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Haven't we been thru this before?? Your right he hasn't done much but Cleveland hasn't really given him the chance either.. We have given Croyle what like 7 starts now? Don't knock Quinn just because you haven't seen him play in the NFL yet. The Chiefs are going to take chances whether you like it or not. This was shown especially last Sunday. SO GET OVER IT. This guy has a ton of potential someone just needs to tap into it.

But on a lighter note.. the chances of us getting Quinn are slimming down because Derek Anderson is playing pretty bad. A few more bad games for him and it looks like they will name Quinn their starter. It's just going to be sad day for you Bike when you finally realize how good Quinn is and why we didn't try to take a chance.
OK, OK! Go get him! I'm tired of arguing about the guy.

Bike
09-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Just to keep you guys updated.. The signatures seem to keep growing. 127 to 178 in a day.. Not bad
What do you want. A cookie?
Thanks for keeping score for us.

balto
09-17-2008, 11:43 AM
This might actually make a little sense. I mean Quinn woudl cost 7mill from us compared to teh 30's of drafting a QB this coming darft?

Quinn WAS a top rated draft pick a few years ago and if we coudl get him for say our 2nd round pick this would be great.

What we need to think of is if stafford or Teebo is gonna be better then Quinn?

I hear alot about Quinn being unproven, but hell so will any QB we draft this coming year.

I would rather take a 7mil and 2nd round pick RISK then a 30mill and 1st round pick on a QB that has a couple years of being in the NFL and has shown he coudl be great if given the chance. (I think Quinn is and will be better then the QB's up for draft this year)

this would allow us to grab a hell of a player with our 1st round pick (i'm sure top 5) to fill another need and still get our Franchise QB.

Just thinking :)

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Tebow in my opinion is the next Steve Young. Athletic, poised, fundamentally sound passer, and seems to have a grasp of the game beyond his years. Question is, if he sees the 49ers, Raiders and Chiefs at the top of the draft board, does he decide on another year of college?

Canada
09-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Not if he sees the Chiefs.

balto
09-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Well the Raiders would be out hehe, But ya never thought about if Tebow would not go into the Draft if he didn't like the top teams hehe

Dyno-Mite
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Herm made it clear that when his boy BRodie CRoyle returns from injury he will be our starter for the remainder of the season.No need to get Brady Quinn.Herm has complete trust with the future of our franchise by relying on his Rainbow City boy.:SmokinBanana:

mabortdrummer
09-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Another update.. the petition has now gone from 178 to 264 in yet again another day.

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Another update.. the petition has now gone from 178 to 264 in yet again another day.

Wow, on an Internet with millions of people, where well over 100,000 of them have to be Chiefs fans you were able to manage 264 signatures? We'll be impressed when you get to 20,000 or more and they are verified not to be duplicates. Until then your petition is a waste of bandwidth.

Canada
09-17-2008, 08:47 PM

You would get a lot more people to sign it if you did not have to register to do it. Just a suggestion. :bananen_smilies046:

mabortdrummer
09-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow quick to assume things are we? I didn't start the petition therefore it is not my petition. Plus it is to my belief that this was just started this past weekend. For 3 or 4 days thats a good number of people.

Canada
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Wow quick to assume things are we? I didn't start the petition therefore it is not my petition. Plus it is to my belief that this was just started this past weekend. For 3 or 4 days thats a good number of people.

Sorry for the suggestion. Good luck with it then.

mabortdrummer
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
You would get a lot more people to sign it if you did not have to register to do it. Just a suggestion. :bananen_smilies046:

Again this isn't my petition I just support the idea of it and would like to see more people sign it..

Canada
09-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Like I said, I would if I did not have to register to another website. Seems more like a membership grab than anything else.

mabortdrummer
09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Sorry for the suggestion. Good luck with it then.

That lash out wasn't to you Canada sorry I should have quoted it. That was towards rbedgood. Sorry.

mabortdrummer
09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Like I said, I would if I did not have to register to another website. Seems more like a membership grab than anything else.

I am pretty sure its not registering I think its more the fact that you have to have a email address to sign it so you don't sign it over and over again.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Quinn2KC/petition-sign.html?

I am pretty sure its not registering. Hope this helps.

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 09:00 PM
I am pretty sure its not registering I think its more the fact that you have to have a email address to sign it so you don't sign it over and over again.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/Quinn2KC/petition-sign.html?

I am pretty sure its not registering. Hope this helps.

LOL...great you want to bring over Brady Quinn. Honestly he might be better than your other QBs, but he'll still face the same issues. Need 1 more receiving target, need 2-3 more quality O-linemen and need a coach that can put together some sort of gameplan (or at least allow Chan Gailey to do so without Herm's input.

Besides that, why on earth would Cleveland give up Quinn? They got him relatively cheap for his talent level, and what do the Chiefs have that the Browns want?

Three7s
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Just kind of nitpicking, but really it's just the right side of the line that stinks. Jones and Macintosh shouldn't even sniff the starting line. Left side isn't bad.

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Just kind of nitpicking, but really it's just the right side of the line that stinks. Jones and Macintosh shouldn't even sniff the starting line. Left side isn't bad.

Yeah, I said 2-3 because I wasn't sure about the Center. I knew Waters and Albert were fine.

Three7s
09-17-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I said 2-3 because I wasn't sure about the Center. I knew Waters and Albert were fine.
From what I've seen, Niswanger isn't too bad. He isn't the classic run-blocker that we were used too with Wiegman in his prime, but he's certainly not awful.

AkChief49
09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Put in Herb on the right and get rid of Sackintosh!!

mabortdrummer
09-18-2008, 09:31 PM
The signatures went from 264 to 445 today.

OMGLadyGaga
10-02-2012, 09:15 AM
How is this thread not hilarious?

Serious tho put him in instead of Cassel for the Ravens game

mejohnm
10-02-2012, 02:45 PM
Have to admit it was interesting to read the thread again. I say give Cassel the first period. If he deserves to play the next period, then let him. If not... sit him.

KCraised
10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Have to admit it was interesting to read the thread again. I say give Cassel the first period. If he deserves to play the next period, then let him. If not... sit him.

Im for this idea. Play it like its your last, buddy. Because it very well could be

Canada
10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
Tebow in my opinion is the next Steve Young. Athletic, poised, fundamentally sound passer, and seems to have a grasp of the game beyond his years. Question is, if he sees the 49ers, Raiders and Chiefs at the top of the draft board, does he decide on another year of college?Is there a post of the decade award?? :D