PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson lashes out at Chiefs

KC Cultivation
09-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Early in the third quarter Week 2 against the Raiders, Larry Johnson (http://gd2002.football.sportsline.com/players/playerpage/396164) rumbled up the middle for a 2-yard gain, his 12th carry against the Oakland Raiders. It turned out to be Johnson's last -- and he didn't like it. Unhappy with his role in a dismal offense, Johnson lashed out at Kansas City's coaching staff and front office Sunday, saying he didn't see himself being a part of the team in the future. "Something's going on -- I just don't know what it is," Johnson said after a 23-8 loss to Oakland in the Chiefs' home opener. "I'm going to sit down and talk with someone." Johnson had a relatively successful start to this season, running for a team-high 74 yards on 22 carries in a hard-fought 17-10 road loss to the defending AFC champion New England Patriots. He didn't have nearly the same impact against the Raiders, finishing with 22 yards for a 1.8 per-carry average, and complained about it afterward. "I've been here long enough to know that if I'm not getting the ball, then I'm tired," he said. "If I'm not tired and I'm not getting the ball, something's going on and I've got to deal with it."

jerhart
09-14-2008, 08:28 PM
Great....Trade him for Quinn...I am happy relying on J.Charles...

Bike
09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Great....Trade him for Quinn...I am happy relying on J.Charles...
Agree. But nobody in their right mind is gonna eat this contract!

greg3564
09-14-2008, 08:37 PM
As much as I hate it, he's here to stay. Some of the problems are his own doing and some are the coaches. But, I think we're starting to see the team disintegrate already.

texaschief
09-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Agree. But nobody in their right mind is gonna eat this contract!

If it meant bringing back a starting QB, I'd eat the contract if i were the Chiefs. The trade would go something like LJ and cash for Quinn and a draft pick.

McLovin
09-14-2008, 08:43 PM
As much as I hate it, he's here to stay. Some of the problems are his own doing and some are the coaches. But, I think we're starting to see the team disintegrate already.
And that hurts worse then losing to the Raiders.

Although to recap my day, woke up to a pouring down rain. 7 inches of rain in 3 hours to be exact. My sump pumps couldnt keep up. Basement flooded soaking and probably ruining 4000 dollars worth of carpet. Worked almost 5 hours trying to keep up with the basement. Got it dried out (just the sump pit not the carpet) and watched the Chiefs get routed by the Raiders. But found a bar in Illinois that I can watch the Chiefs weekly. All in all I would say today was a great day.

jerhart
09-14-2008, 08:44 PM
If it meant bringing back a starting QB, I'd eat the contract if i were the Chiefs. The trade would go something like LJ and cash for Quinn and a draft pick.

I'd do it....:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
09-14-2008, 08:45 PM
What has Quinn done?

wolfpack
09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
i heard Huard had a mild head trauma. i think it was more like he didnt want to go back in to joke of a offense.

McLovin
09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
What has Quinn done?
He has not won a starting role from Derek Anderson (I admit had to look that up) although he hasnt lost the backup job to Ken Dorsey I guess that is something.

Lord CarlTard
09-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Larry Johnson just doesn't have the mindset of a champion. He was pampered probably from grade school all the way to Penn State. His balls probably never had the chance to drop because there was always someone there to push em back up in there before they could.

If he were smart, which he's not, he'd shut his mouth and give it 110 percent, and realize there are guys in high school right now that would love to trade places someday...and those guys both have the athleticism and the brains...and he's not getting any younger. BTW, an inflated ego can and will cause brain damage and will eventually lead to dream careers ending abruptly.

greg3564
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM

Johnson's price tag is so out of whack with his performance, he's stuck. He hasn't played a decent season since 2006. It's a double edged sword for him. He can't get a team to buy his contract because of marginal playing, while at the same time playing behind an offense that can't do anything. If he had a team like we used to a few years ago, he'd probably be a top RB again. Who knows for sure. But we bought this horse and will have to ride him for a while.

Jamal Charles would probably be even better, if he too had a decent offense to work with.

KC Cultivation
09-14-2008, 08:52 PM
What has Quinn done?

No kidding what is the fascination with Quinn?

McLovin
09-14-2008, 08:53 PM
i heard Huard had a mild head trauma. i think it was more like he didnt want to go back in to joke of a offense.
I have to say for as critical as I have been on Huard (or Horrid or Hutard) that I cant say I dont blame him for not wanting to go back in. Statues get broken when they are hit too hard or too many times. And any hit could be his last in the league and with this line he is going to get hit.... and hit .... and hit. One the positive side the left side of the line does seem to be getting better. But I also watched LJ run from a block and watch the QB take the sack. I believe it was the last play for LJ and Huard.

Bike
09-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Larry Johnson just doesn't have the mindset of a champion. He was pampered probably from grade school all the way to Penn State. His balls probably never had the chance to drop because there was always someone there to push em back up in there before they could.

If he were smart, which he's not, he'd shut his mouth and give it 110 percent, and realize there are guys in high school right now that would love to trade places someday...and those guys both have the athleticism and the brains...and he's not getting any younger. BTW, an inflated ego can and will cause brain damage and will eventually lead to dream careers ending abruptly.
It ended the day he signed his multi-million dollar contract (just another CP blunder) and bought his new Bentley. I wish he'd drive it the hell out of KC.

Big Daddy Tek
09-14-2008, 09:48 PM
When teams fall apart, players outlash. Larry was no worse than any other of the running backs. The Chiefs will not be able to run the ball until we have a passing game that forces a defense away from our line of scrimmage. Walter Peyton in his prime couldnt run behind these joke lineman.

Big Daddy Tek
09-14-2008, 09:51 PM
It ended the day he signed his multi-million dollar contract (just another CP blunder) and bought his new Bentley. I wish he'd drive it the hell out of KC.
Where do you want him to run Bike? Thier's nowhere to go man. Sometimes he gets tackled as hes taking the handoff. Larry Johnson is the least of our problems. As far as another CP blunder: If he didnt get the deal done with Larry, youd be talkin the same trash about him.

nigeriannightmare
09-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Where do you want him to run Bike? Thier's nowhere to go man. Sometimes he gets tackled as hes taking the handoff. Larry Johnson is the least of our problems. As far as another CP blunder: If he didnt get the deal done with Larry, youd be talkin the same trash about him.

It's not Herm's fault, it's not Carl's fault, it's not LJ's fault, then whose fault is it. where does the blam fall on 11 regular season losses, or do we need to lose 20 in a row before we can start placing the blame on the management, who assembles the team, and provides the game plan for the players. WE JUST GOT BEAT, BADLY MIND YOU, BY THE FADERS AT THE HOME OPENER!!!!!! If that doesn't get you fired up, nothing will....

TRB05
09-14-2008, 10:04 PM

I somewhat disagree with this. It's obvious he doesn't have huge running lanes, and there are plays he gets hit as he gets the ball, true. But, he has lost something, and it was evident last week vs. the Pats, and it was glaring today.

He does not have ANY fire in him. He used to take on safeties instead of skipping out of bounds. He used to hit the hole (or pile of linemen) hard and fight for every inch. Now, he gets the ball, dances around, half-assed runs into the line and falls down. Or he breaks a decent run (vs. the Pats) and after running for about 15 yds, he simply goes out of bounds, when he could take on the safety, and gain another 3,4 or 5 yards.

It makes me sick when guys making millions don't give it their all. Maybe he has been told to tone it down and save himself, if so then I guess he is doing what is right. But more likely, he has achieved what he wanted from the Chiefs, and that is a fat retirement plan, now that he has it, why would he want to put himself through that kind of punishment?

And if he is giving it everything he has, then I apologize. But if that's the case then it's time to retire. Because that showing today from LJ was nothing short of PATHETIC.

kcchiefs4life
09-14-2008, 10:11 PM
I somewhat disagree with this. It's obvious he doesn't have huge running lanes, and there are plays he gets hit as he gets the ball, true. But, he has lost something, and it was evident last week vs. the Pats, and it was glaring today.

He does not have ANY fire in him. He used to take on safeties instead of skipping out of bounds. He used to hit the hole (or pile of linemen) hard and fight for every inch. Now, he gets the ball, dances around, half-assed runs into the line and falls down. Or he breaks a decent run (vs. the Pats) and after running for about 15 yds, he simply goes out of bounds, when he could take on the safety, and gain another 3,4 or 5 yards.

It makes me sick when guys making millions don't give it their all. Maybe he has been told to tone it down and save himself, if so then I guess he is doing what is right. But more likely, he has achieved what he wanted from the Chiefs, and that is a fat retirement plan, now that he has it, why would he want to put himself through that kind of punishment?

And if he is giving it everything he has, then I apologize. But if that's the case then it's time to retire. Because that showing today from LJ was nothing short of PATHETIC.
I agree. There is no reason for LJ to lash out, the only perosn he should be pissed at is himself. He needs to figure out what it means to give 100%, and what it means to be humble.

leaves
09-14-2008, 10:21 PM
LJ's just frusterated cuz he didnt get his 16carries and his production sucks. He could complain for a trade, but with his present game and the crazy # of good RB's, he wouldnt be on the pedestal we let him stand on. If were lookin for blame, pick one:
LJ's not as good. Gailey's offense is simple. We have no super qb, and our best one's hurt. We have a buncha 3rd wr's behind Bowe, not a 2nd. We have 2 rbs as good as LJ who could be better, but not great. Too many young'ns. And, Herms crazy and Carl's stupid.

jakesmith
09-14-2008, 10:52 PM
I wonder why anyone is surprised by the way LJ is acting. He has never really been a team player. Least we forget when LJ started complaining a few years ago because he wasnt getting enough playing time. At that time he backing up the best RB in game at that time. I knew then that he was all about himself and not the team.

But as it is, we are stuck with LJ. No one is going to take him except us.

Pro_Angler
09-14-2008, 10:56 PM
WHAT lJ ACTUALLY CARES NOW??LMAO...

5xchamps
09-15-2008, 12:41 AM
lj is a selfish twat-
he spoke up and talked a bunch of isht how the game had passed joe paterno by in college when things weren't going well for him and now he's crying in kc. i'm not surprised in the least that he's whining. watching him run today made me think of another stud rb who is now completely out of the league....
Shaun Alexander
:11: (i just really wanted to use that)

Fastphilly
09-15-2008, 02:40 AM

His performance is carrying over from last season when the level of his play receded...The holes aren't there like they used to be with Roaf and Shields on the line...Now a good passing game is more crucial then ever... But until we can handle the issues on the OL, we will continue to have teams playing their entire defence within 5-10 yards off the line of scrimmage..

Bike
09-15-2008, 07:58 AM
When teams fall apart, players outlash. Larry was no worse than any other of the running backs. The Chiefs will not be able to run the ball until we have a passing game that forces a defense away from our line of scrimmage. Walter Peyton in his prime couldnt run behind these joke lineman.
LJ adnitted in post game interview that his running woes had nothing to do with the OL. He was complaining that they kept taking him out - not allowing him to get into his rhythm.
IMO its the poor ofensive play calling that has trashed our running game more than anything else. Why not run some sweeps or throw Cox in front of LJ (or whoever) or just ANYTHING but straight up the gut. We need some imaginetive game planning and play calling. And we need it now.

McLovin
09-15-2008, 08:06 AM
LJ adnitted in post game interview that his running woes had nothing to do with the OL. He was complaining that they kept taking him out - not allowing him to get into his rhythm.
IMO its the poor ofensive play calling that has trashed our running game more than anything else. Why not run some sweeps or throw Cox in front of LJ (or whoever) or just ANYTHING but straight up the gut. We need some imaginetive game planning and play calling. And we need it now.
I hadnt really considered that but I do believe you are right. The playcalling is way to vanilla, if they are going to pound the ball then use the fullback simular to when TRich opened holes for LJ and for Priest. If Hermie hates the Chiefs so much why doesnt he coach for the Broncos? Hermie if your reading this with your non internet using .... then go away leave the Chiefs alone. You have done enough damage.

Bike
09-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Where do you want him to run Bike?
I want him to run to Cleveland. Good as place as any. LJ is a locker room cancer with a sh!t attitude. Its plain to see his heart aint in it any more. He has lost a step physically and has lost his will mentally.
As far as signing LJ to this huge contract, I voted to let him walk. Hell, I didn't want him around when he was bichin about pt while Priest was running through, over and around defenses. He could have learned a couple things from Priest - the least of which is how to conduct yourself as a role-model in the community.
Sh!t-can his A$$.

leaves
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I think LJ is a better RB than Priest. Priest was a better Team Player. If you're wondering how I can say LJ's better at RB, well, go look at any stats. LJ gets more yds, he's stronger, maybe faster. Holmes got into the endzone more though. We don't need studs right now, we need a team.

DrunkHillbilly
09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Comical to blame this on LJ!!!! Obviously those that are have never played any sport at any level! Frustration is part of the game!!!!! AT ANY POSITION!!! Want quotes from other players??? I'll give you a million! Weird that they give him all that money and then play him 50% of the time!!! The O line should just fall down when a running play is called, that way he could at least see where the defenders are coming from rather than just create a smoke shield for them to hide behind and then make the tackle when the RB gets to the line!!! God knows they aren't creating any holes!!! This team is pathetic!!!! How many that said we would make the playoffs or even go 7 and 9 are rethinking things now I wonder???? PATHETIC!!!!!

The Chiefs are now on the clock!!!!

Ldub
09-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Run production always goes down for people like Larry Johnson that are invite contact. It happens all the time. Plowbacks always run out of steam after 2-3 years. Jamal Lewis, Cory Dillion, Clinton Portis, and LJ all have burned out even though in there prime they were breaking single game, and single saeson records. The greatest running backs are the ones that dance around and avoid contact, like Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, and even LT (sigh). Larry just does not have the thump anymore.

leaves
09-15-2008, 01:29 PM
The greatest RB's are ones who are versatile and hit the endzone no matter what. Walter Payton a dancer?? No, not even close, he clashed over Defenders for the TD. Its true that most powerbacks wear out, but its all about getting the touchdown. Even a withered rb can do that.

KC Cultivation
09-15-2008, 01:36 PM
I wonder why anyone is surprised by the way LJ is acting. He has never really been a team player. Least we forget when LJ started complaining a few years ago because he wasnt getting enough playing time. At that time he backing up the best RB in game at that time. I knew then that he was all about himself and not the team.

But as it is, we are stuck with LJ. No one is going to take him except us.

It all started when the city did not back him and turned on him when he got in a little trouble. He has never liked KC and has always *****ed about being here

Ldub
09-15-2008, 01:52 PM
Jerome Bettis (a powerback) once had a game with -3 yards and 3 touchdowns. I would consider this the team around him being productive, not him, even though he could get the touchdowns.

Our team relies on Larry to move the ball down the field, not just get in the endzone. His 2.8 yards a carry will not cut it.

You are correct about Payton, he would plow in when he got near the endzone, but he was not looking for contact everytime he got the ball.

leaves
09-15-2008, 03:51 PM
No, Payton didnt always have contact..but thats what he's most known for. I do agree that LJ is s'posed to carry the ball down the field. Maybe thats part of the problem. I think LJ would be a lot more effective at this point, once were down the field to get the score. This offers him a reward in the TD as well. I think we can pass and run w/smith and charles well enough to get down to the red...then we can let LJ be "the key guy."

Bike
09-15-2008, 04:18 PM
No, Payton didnt always have contact..but thats what he's most known for. I do agree that LJ is s'posed to carry the ball down the field. Maybe thats part of the problem. I think LJ would be a lot more effective at this point, once were down the field to get the score. This offers him a reward in the TD as well. I think we can pass and run w/smith and charles well enough to get down to the red...then we can let LJ be "the key guy."
HUH? Why have Charles and Smith hammer it the 1st 90 yards and then let LJ get the glory with the TD?

leaves
09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
It is completely wrong, but thats what many systems end up doing. Smith and Charles are modest enough do go with it for a season or two until we can do something about it. A good example of this is Tenn., who has Chris Johnson working the field, but LenDale White score the td's... saints do it, steelers did it, cowboys did it.

Sn@keIze
09-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I think LJ is a better RB than Priest. Priest was a better Team Player. If you're wondering how I can say LJ's better at RB, well, go look at any stats. LJ gets more yds, he's stronger, maybe faster. Holmes got into the endzone more though. We don't need studs right now, we need a team.

Your out of your mind to say LJ is better!!!

Priest could do it all!!!

Running: LJ is strickly power. Priest is balanced, able to run scatback (like if he has to bounce outside when the line implodes) or come right at someone if it comes down to it.

Catching: Why dont you look up the stats on that!!!

Blocking: Priest was Full Back in College blocking for Ricky Williams and FB for Ravens, he s an awesome blocker. LJ is a joke of a blocker.

Attitude: Self explanitory.

Cant believe you said LJ is better.

Bike
09-15-2008, 05:50 PM
It is completely wrong, but thats what many systems end up doing. Smith and Charles are modest enough do go with it for a season or two until we can do something about it. A good example of this is Tenn., who has Chris Johnson working the field, but LenDale White score the td's... saints do it, steelers did it, cowboys did it.
Every teams' situation is different. Pittsburg, for example, used Bettis in the red zone. But Bettis was a fan favorite and locker room favorite. kinda like the Fridge on 85 Bears.
LJ is a jacka$$.

leaves
09-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Okay, yes LJ is kind of a jack***, but he's still bigger than Charles or Smith and would get in the endzone, I assure you that.

And as for Priest Holmes being better because he can run, block, and catch better than LJ... I don't think so. Priest can run/pull away from defenders, he got injured most of the times he tried to plow, he got injured. I would agree he could catch better, but that doesnt really support the generic running back role. And as for blocking, I have never heard of him blocking for Ricky Williams or Jamal Lewis, what I've heard of is him being replaced by Ricky @ Texas and backing up Jamal Lewis.

Bike
09-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Okay, yes LJ is kind of a jack***, but he's still bigger than Charles or Smith and would get in the endzone, I assure you that.

And as for Priest Holmes being better because he can run, block, and catch better than LJ... I don't think so. Priest can run/pull away from defenders, he got injured most of the times he tried to plow, he got injured. I would agree he could catch better, but that doesnt really support the generic running back role. And as for blocking, I have never heard of him blocking for Ricky Williams or Jamal Lewis, what I've heard of is him being replaced by Ricky @ Texas and backing up Jamal Lewis.
You can't assure me of sh!t.
Anybody that would rant that LJ is a better back than Priest hasn't acquired enough football knowledge to be posting on this board.
Leaves - LEAVE

Big Daddy Tek
09-16-2008, 12:05 AM
I gotta go with Leaves. With a great O-line. I go with LJ over Priest all day. I love Priest but LJ is a monster. Check out LJ's highlights, hes always looked like he was stuttering or "jogging" like you say. He just has long legs and takes big strides behind the goaline. When he breaks free, HE BREAKS FREE. Just cause our play calling sucks and our O-line is awful, doesnt mean LJ sucks. If you guys are looking for someone to blame, thier is alot bigger culprits than LJ!

Three7s
09-16-2008, 01:03 AM
I really think the problem is our guard play. LJ runs up the middle, that's how he's always ran, who opens up the holes in the middle? The guards! Now don't go blaming Waters for this, we have two guards remember? A backup that's starting in Adrian Jones. If one guys blocks his man, but the other guy doesn't, what happens? Hole sealed.

The way our offensive line is now, we'd be better off running off-tackle behind Albert, but LJ has NO speed, so he can't make it there in time. Kolby Smith or Charles would be better suited for that, but can't have that can we?

Big Daddy Tek
09-16-2008, 01:17 AM
I really think the problem is our guard play. LJ runs up the middle, that's how he's always ran, who opens up the holes in the middle? The guards! Now don't go blaming Waters for this, we have two guards remember? A backup that's starting in Adrian Jones. If one guys blocks his man, but the other guy doesn't, what happens? Hole sealed.

The way our offensive line is now, we'd be better off running off-tackle behind Albert, but LJ has NO speed, so he can't make it there in time. Kolby Smith or Charles would be better suited for that, but can't have that can we?
I think your right 7's. Although LJ has speed just no acceleration. If he can get a running start (through a hole perhaps) he can really get going. But I agree with your opinion on guard play.

rbedgood
09-16-2008, 01:22 AM
LJ is a beast, but you'd have to be Barry Sanders to have much success behind the Chiefs current line. Seriously LJ is not being put in a position to succeed. His job is to do his best (which he could probably do a little better) but the coaches and Carl have not put him in a position to succeed. When Roaf/Shields retired there should've been a plan already in place. You can't have an offense based on 2 studs on your O-line and not have young up and coming talent at all times.

Check Green Bay (I hate that team)...but throughout Favre's career they've always been grooming a backup QB. (Hasselbeck, Detmer (FAIL) and Rodgers)...2 out of 3 of those worked out. Their offense requires the QB to be the star...alas they plan for Favre's depature whether by injury or age. The Chiefs had a young guy to replace Priest, but they didn't consider or completely failed to properly prepare for the loss of their stud O-linemen.

Three7s
09-16-2008, 01:27 AM
LJ is a beast, but you'd have to be Barry Sanders to have much success behind the Chiefs current line. Seriously LJ is not being put in a position to succeed. His job is to do his best (which he could probably do a little better) but the coaches and Carl have not put him in a position to succeed. When Roaf/Shields retired there should've been a plan already in place. You can't have an offense based on 2 studs on your O-line and not have young up and coming talent at all times.

Check Green Bay (I hate that team)...but throughout Favre's career they've always been grooming a backup QB. (Hasselbeck, Detmer (FAIL) and Rodgers)...2 out of 3 of those worked out. Their offense requires the QB to be the star...alas they plan for Favre's depature whether by injury or age. The Chiefs had a young guy to replace Priest, but they didn't consider or completely failed to properly prepare for the loss of their stud O-linemen.
We did draft a couple of guys, but WAAAAY down in the draft, they never materialized, obviously.

rbedgood
09-16-2008, 01:33 AM
We did draft a couple of guys, but WAAAAY down in the draft, they never materialized, obviously.

I'm not trying to rub it in...trust me, my team is no better as we've been unable to replace any of the pieces of our legacy and haven't even sniffed the playoffs since the last millenium.

It infuriates me time and again that I can watch college football on TV and tell you better who is going to translate to the NFL that the dumba$$e$ with the checks.

Bike
09-16-2008, 06:49 AM
I gotta go with Leaves. With a great O-line. I go with LJ over Priest all day. I love Priest but LJ is a monster. Check out LJ's highlights, hes always looked like he was stuttering or "jogging" like you say. He just has long legs and takes big strides behind the goaline. When he breaks free, HE BREAKS FREE. Just cause our play calling sucks and our O-line is awful, doesnt mean LJ sucks. If you guys are looking for someone to blame, thier is alot bigger culprits than LJ!
No. LJ sucks.
LJ may have used to be a monster, but he aint no more.
LJ slows down at the end of runs. He doesn't try to get the extra yards at the end of runs.
If there is a sideline nearby, LJ will find it.
He plows straight ahead, plows off his own blocker, and falls to the ground. Woooooooooooo!!!!!!
LJ is an awesome back! Just ask him!!!
LJ used to be good - had a couple great years, but he will never be like that again.
LJ sucks on the field and in the locker room.
LJ can't hold a bowl of Priests' toilet water.
OUT>

Dyno-Mite
09-16-2008, 12:09 PM
larry johnson being better than priest is laughable at best.

Priest was versatile. LJ is one-dementional.

Priest ran, caught, and blocked.

LJ runs....for negative yards.

easy comparison of who is better. :fatlock:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jtandcrew
09-16-2008, 12:36 PM
No. LJ sucks.
LJ may have used to be a monster, but he aint no more.
LJ slows down at the end of runs. He doesn't try to get the extra yards at the end of runs.
If there is a sideline nearby, LJ will find it.
He plows straight ahead, plows off his own blocker, and falls to the ground. Woooooooooooo!!!!!!
LJ is an awesome back! Just ask him!!!
LJ used to be good - had a couple great years, but he will never be like that again.
LJ sucks on the field and in the locker room.
LJ can't hold a bowl of Priests' toilet water.
OUT>

So what your saying he is sorta like Okoye? He was great for just a few years and then with injury got replaced by Barry Word. LJ is a good if not great RB, but he dont have a line to follow!

m0ef0e
09-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Priest > LJ

Priest Holmes holds the Chiefs records for career rushing attempts (1,275), career rushing yards (5,933), career rushing touchdowns (76), and total touchdowns (83).

LJ holds his vag cuz it hurts.

I know that Priest's career here would have been vastly different had we not had the stud o-line we did. Just look at the difference in LJ's production when we lost those guys. As a player, LJ may have potential to be better than Priest. The Chiefs just do not have the personnel and system in place for a runner of LJ's skill-set to be successful right now. As a teammate and a person however, Priest leaves LJ's whiny butt in the dust.

Bike
09-16-2008, 12:53 PM
So what your saying he is sorta like Okoye? He was great for just a few years and then with injury got replaced by Barry Word. LJ is a good if not great RB, but he dont have a line to follow!
I have a job.
If I don't produce and do my job correctly, I am not going to blame my co-workers for my fallout.
I would most likely either be demoted or fired.
Why should LJ be any different?

Bike
09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I think your right 7's. Although LJ has speed just no acceleration. If he can get a running start (through a hole perhaps) he can really get going. But I agree with your opinion on guard play.
As I have posted before, If LJ is not suited for this offensive line, then start somebody that is. Start Charles or Smith. They won't fall down at the line of scrimmage - they'll run around it!!

m0ef0e
09-16-2008, 01:01 PM
As I have posted before, If LJ is not suited for this offensive line, then start somebody that is. Start Charles or Smith. They won't fall down at the line of scrimmage - they'll run around it!!

Its not that LJ isn't suited for our line, our line isn't suited for a running game... or pass protection... or scoring points. Basically, our o-line isn't suited for him. I agree that Smith and Charles would be a better fit right now simply because they have a quicker step/cut and more speed so they can run away from the angry mob of defenders in our backfield.

Bike
09-16-2008, 01:22 PM
Its not that LJ isn't suited for our line, our line isn't suited for a running game... or pass protection... or scoring points. Basically, our o-line isn't suited for him. I agree that Smith and Charles would be a better fit right now simply because they have a quicker step/cut and more speed so they can run away from the angry mob of defenders in our backfield.
I agree our ol is weak. But good teams with good coaching must overcome their weaknesses. Obviously, we can't find a couple all-pro linemen before next sunday, so we must compensate. Start the rb that will be the most successful with the personel we have. Start Charles or Smith.

DrunkHillbilly
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Look at what LJ did in 8 games when Priest went down. IMPRESSIVE RIGHT????

Priest would have the same if not worse results running behind this line!

m0ef0e
09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I agree our ol is weak. But good teams with good coaching must overcome their weaknesses. Obviously, we can't find a couple all-pro linemen before next sunday, so we must compensate. Start the rb that will be the most successful with the personel we have. Start Charles or Smith.

Agreed but we never will. Starting somebody else after giving LJ all that money will just prove CP and Herm made a mistake and they will never do that unless they have no choice. Nope, they would rather get almost no production out of LJ and the offense than admit that they blew that much cash on a guy who doesn't fit any more. They'll stick to their pea-shooters (guns is not appropriate) hoping that they will get their money's worth and not look so stupid. When in fact, they will wind up making themselves look MORE stupid. Good job, Carl. Way to let your ego stand in the way yet again. By the way, you know that bridge on I-35 that goes over the Missouri river? Yeah, why don't you grab Herm and go for a swim... Bye Carl. Have fun at the unemployment office next year.

Bike
09-16-2008, 01:50 PM
Agreed but we never will. Starting somebody else after giving LJ all that money will just prove CP and Herm made a mistake and they will never do that unless they have no choice. Nope, they would rather get almost no production out of LJ and the offense than admit that they blew that much cash on a guy who doesn't fit any more. They'll stick to their pea-shooters (guns is not appropriate) hoping that they will get their money's worth and not look so stupid. When in fact, they will wind up making themselves look MORE stupid. Good job, Carl. Way to let your ego stand in the way yet again. By the way, you know that bridge on I-35 that goes over the Missouri river? Yeah, why don't you grab Herm and go for a swim... Bye Carl. Have fun at the unemployment office next year.
Metro Ford is looking for used car salesmen. Thats all Carl is anyway - a salesman.

leaves
09-16-2008, 04:30 PM
wow, its getting whily in here now.I find it funny how I'm one of the few ppl who started hating on LJ, but this is getting out of hand. Priest has great CAREER #'s cuz he was here longer than LJ. LJ isnt horrible by any means, and LJ's not the reason we havent won playoff games or gone to the super bowl.

Bike
09-16-2008, 05:12 PM
wow, its getting whily in here now.I find it funny how I'm one of the few ppl who started hating on LJ, but this is getting out of hand. Priest has great CAREER #'s cuz he was here longer than LJ. LJ isnt horrible by any means, and LJ's not the reason we havent won playoff games or gone to the super bowl.
So. Whats your point?

leaves
09-16-2008, 06:46 PM
so we cant just blame LJ like most of the ppl here are doing. LJ is a problem, and he's gonna get frusterated, but that happens on every team. If the team were better we wouldnt be as focused on his comments.

leaves
09-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I have a question too, as to why you highlighted Ricky Williams on my earlier post, when you just flatout insulted me. Cuz you havent explained your statement yet about the Texas or Ravens situations. I'm really asking you, when did Priest block for Ricky or Jamal.

Bike
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I have a question too, as to why you highlighted Ricky Williams on my earlier post, when you just flatout insulted me. Cuz you havent explained your statement yet about the Texas or Ravens situations. I'm really asking you, when did Priest block for Ricky or Jamal.
Ah, wasn't me. You might want to go back and have another look.

Bike
09-16-2008, 07:19 PM
so we cant just blame LJ like most of the ppl here are doing. LJ is a problem, and he's gonna get frusterated, but that happens on every team. If the team were better we wouldnt be as focused on his comments.
I'm not saying LJ is the reason we can't win. I'm just saying he's cooked.

Canada
09-16-2008, 07:48 PM
If LJ is so frustrated, he needs to go talk to his coach, GM or ownership...whoever. But when there is media in his face he needs to shut the **** up!

Three7s
09-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Herm covered the LJ stuff in the press conference, today. Basically said that he'd be mad too if he only got 12 carries in a game, but that he needed to understand that with the way the game was unfolding, it was more of a pass-offense.

No freaking duh, Herm. Normally, when you fall behind to start every game, the running game goes to nothing! He also figured out something that most of us had figured out years ago! "We must get the passing game going and get a lead, then we can work on the running game." Boy, did we get a genius or what?

Sn@keIze
09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Priest played FB/HB for the Texas Longhorns, He and Ricky played together there.

They moved Priest Holmes to FB for the Ravens when Jamal was the the primary runner. He split FB duties with FB Sam Gash.

Priest Holmes has a SB ring as a RB/FB for the Ravens.

My point being...Priest can block. One of the many things LJ cannot do.

Bike
09-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Herm covered the LJ stuff in the press conference, today. Basically said that he'd be mad too if he only got 12 carries in a game, but that he needed to understand that with the way the game was unfolding, it was more of a pass-offense.

No freaking duh, Herm. Normally, when you fall behind to start every game, the running game goes to nothing! He also figured out something that most of us had figured out years ago! "We must get the passing game going and get a lead, then we can work on the running game." Boy, did we get a genius or what?
Wow. I'm finally having second thoughts about Herm. I was willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt - give him another year. I don't think I can do it now.
These brilliant statements at press conferences along with blundreous game planning displays a complete lack of leadership to these young players. I think he has lost his team.
Couple this with a GM that was happy with a 7-point loss at NE, and you have a team in complete disarray.
This team doesn't even expect to win.
If Herm loses his 12th regular season game in a row at Atlanta, its time to move on.:beer:

leaves
09-16-2008, 08:29 PM
oh, okay.

drstandley31
09-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Bike you said it right, No Leadership. They don't expect to win. Herm's lost before he starts and his players know it. Season opener last year, Bears I believe, this was Herm's comment before the game. "If we can find a way to say close, maybe we can find a way to pull it out in the 4th quarter". OMG, he didn't think his team had a chance. And as it turned out, they could have easily won, had their wonderful leader lead them out there like a football team and not a girlscout pack. You need to have your team ready to Kick a$$, but he was sure the bears were so much better that they had to hope to stay close. make me sick. He's defeated before he starts. F'n loser.

Three7s
09-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Bike you said it right, No Leadership. They don't expect to win. Herm's lost before he starts and his players know it. Season opener last year, Bears I believe, this was Herm's comment before the game. "If we can find a way to say close, maybe we can find a way to pull it out in the 4th quarter". OMG, he didn't think his team had a chance. And as it turned out, they could have easily won, had their wonderful leader lead them out there like a football team and not a girlscout pack. You need to have your team ready to Kick a$$, but he was sure the bears were so much better that they had to hope to stay close. make me sick. He's defeated before he starts. F'n loser.
Agreed, but our season opener was against the Texans! Bears were 2nd week.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2008, 11:54 AM
If LJ is so frustrated, he needs to go talk to his coach, GM or ownership...whoever. But when there is media in his face he needs to shut the **** up!
Maybe he has!!!!! Obviously like he said, something is up! When he is the number 1 back and the other two guys aren't doing anything more than he is, he should be in the game. Period!!!! I'm sure he has voiced his opinion to Herm and the OC! If that doesn't work, what other alternative does he have? CP isn't going to do anything and that should be moooooore than obvious to everyone!!

I don't exactly endorse going to the media but when your not getting the time and nobody is out preforming you along with the fact that you are on arguably the worst team in football, frustration is going to set in and something needs to be said!!!!

Bike
09-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Maybe he has!!!!! Obviously like he said, something is up! When he is the number 1 back and the other two guys aren't doing anything more than he is, he should be in the game. Period!!!! I'm sure he has voiced his opinion to Herm and the OC! If that doesn't work, what other alternative does he have? CP isn't going to do anything and that should be moooooore than obvious to everyone!!

I don't exactly endorse going to the media but when your not getting the time and nobody is out preforming you along with the fact that you are on arguably the worst team in football, frustration is going to set in and something needs to be said!!!!
Yeah, but he runs 1 yard, hits a lineman, and falls to the ground. It would help if he could return to his 05 form...

Canada
09-17-2008, 12:06 PM

Maybe he needs to put more of his time and effort into his game instead of crying to the media and complaining that his 1.8 yard average does not automatically qualify him as a #1 back. LJ was great 2 seasons ago. Now his a millionaire.

I met Rasheed Wallace on the flight home from KC and he was in town over the weekend hanging out in the Power and Light district with LJ. Maybe Sundays game was not all that important to him then. I am not saying that he is the only one to blame, but maybe he needs to keep his finger in his pocket instead of pointing it at everyone else.

tornadospotter
09-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Maybe he needs to put more of his time and effort into his game instead of crying to the media and complaining that his 1.8 yard average does not automatically qualify him as a #1 back. LJ was great 2 seasons ago. Now his a millionaire.

I met Rasheed Wallace on the flight home from KC and he was in town over the weekend hanging out in the Power and Light district with LJ. Maybe Sundays game was not all that important to him then. I am not saying that he is the only one to blame, but maybe he needs to keep his finger in his pocket instead of pointing it at everyone else.
So was LJ out haven a good time on Sat nite before the Home opener, or was this after the game!

Canada
09-17-2008, 12:16 PM
So was LJ out haven a good time on Sat nite before the Home opener, or was this after the game!

I don't know, he said he was in KC for the weekend. Didnt say when he was out.

DrunkHillbilly
09-17-2008, 12:22 PM

I don't exactly disagree with what your saying but we all know what he is capable of and when you can't get it done because of a direct result of the players in front of you, I'm sure it's frustrating! I'm tired of hearing people talk about "why doesn't he bounce to the outside". BS!!!!! There are sooo many guys swarming into our backfield, it would be impossible to go anywhere!! Like someone else said, if we could get ANYONE to open up a hole, he would take off. We saw it once on Sunday but once a game won't cut it!!

Even the best of em at some point blow up in the media! This is nothing new and has been going on forever! TG is just biting his lip as an "I told ya so" IMO!!! Thats why he wanted out!

Do you think LJ should be frustrated? It's been 3 years of rebuilding Canada!!!!!! When do you say enough is enough as a player? You of all people don't actually believe that when these guys get paid, they quit playing do you? All of these guys love to play the game and it's not because of the money. Yes, they definetly want to get what guys have been getting for years but so would anyone else. You or I would be no different so I don't blame any of them for wanting fair market value!!

If this guy had any blocking up front, we would be talking about him breaking tackles for 5 yds per and about how teams are going to start stacking the box because our passing game sucks so bad!!! Dude can still play but can't do it all from that particular position!!!! O LINE IS PARAMOUNT TO ALL ASPECTS OF OFFENSE!!!!

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but he runs 1 yard, hits a lineman, and falls to the ground. It would help if he could return to his 05 form...

In '05 he could confidently head to the left on a broken play and know he had at least 2-3 yards before being touched. This allowed him to get a head of steam and then he became the beast to bring down. Just like nearly every other 'power' back to ever play the game, he's got to have a little space to get going before that power applies. Best way to take down a big guy (or any power back) is to get to them before they get going.

The elusive types (Westbrook, Sanders, etc.) have their benefits also...but I'd argue even Sanders would've struggled behind a line like this.

tornadospotter
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I don't exactly disagree with what your saying but we all know what he is capable of and when you can't get it done because of a direct result of the players in front of you, I'm sure it's frustrating! I'm tired of hearing people talk about "why doesn't he bounce to the outside". BS!!!!! There are sooo many guys swarming into our backfield, it would be impossible to go anywhere!! Like someone else said, if we could get ANYONE to open up a hole, he would take off. We saw it once on Sunday but once a game won't cut it!!

Even the best of em at some point blow up in the media! This is nothing new and has been going on forever! TG is just biting his lip as an "I told ya so" IMO!!! Thats why he wanted out!

Do you think LJ should be frustrated? It's been 3 years of rebuilding Canada!!!!!! When do you say enough is enough as a player? You of all people don't actually believe that when these guys get paid, they quit playing do you? All of these guys love to play the game and it's not because of the money. Yes, they definitely want to get what guys have been getting for years but so would anyone else. You or I would be no different so I don't blame any of them for wanting fair market value!!

If this guy had any blocking up front, we would be talking about him breaking tackles for 5 yds per and about how teams are going to start stacking the box because our passing game sucks so bad!!! Dude can still play but can't do it all from that particular position!!!! O LINE IS PARAMOUNT TO ALL ASPECTS OF OFFENSE!!!!
Which is why we need to be a more open offense! Every team we play, knows that Herm will run the ball first! That is the problem! LJ will get better if we are not so predictable!

Bike
09-17-2008, 12:34 PM
C'mon, drunk. If I don't do my job, I don't blame my co-workers. Can't blame OL for all of LJ's problems. He just needs to shut the fvck up and do his job!!!
Let his performance on the field do the talking.

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 12:38 PM
C'mon, drunk. If I don't do my job, I don't blame my co-workers. Can't blame OL for all of LJ's problems. He just needs to shut the fvck up and do his job!!!

Drunk is right on this one. Look at it this way.

Real world analogy:

My job is to sell products, however even if I sell them I depend on the factory to make them so they can ship. If the factory is 2 weeks behind on shipments I can sell all I want, but the territory will miss its numbers because the factory workers didn't do their job. So who is to blame...?

It happens in jobs everywhere, 1 person often depends on the work of others for success. If the others can't do their job, in the real world they are replaced. In this case better candidates may or may not be available.

tornadospotter
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
That is very true! Lj spouting off doesn't make me like him very much.

Three7s
09-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok, that's just silly, it takes teamwork to play football. Teams have an O-line for a reason.

tornadospotter
09-17-2008, 12:45 PM

Real world analogy:

My job is to sell products, however even if I sell them I depend on the factory to make them so they can ship. If the factory is 2 weeks behind on shipments I can sell all I want, but the territory will miss its numbers because the factory workers didn't do their job. So who is to blame...?

It happens in jobs everywhere, 1 person often depends on the work of others for success. If the others can't do their job, in the real world they are replaced. In this case better candidates may or may not be available.
The CEO!

Bike
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM

Real world analogy:

I guess I can't argue with that.:sign0098: But I still don't think he is the same back as he was in 05...

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
The CEO!

...and therein lies the truth...as the 'culprits' for a lack of success should've been replaced.

tornadospotter
09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
...and therein lies the truth...as the 'culprits' for a lack of success should've been replaced.
yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bike
09-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Ok, that's just silly, it takes teamwork to play football. Teams have an O-line for a reason.
Yeah, but LJ is not a team player!! LJ is all about LJ.
He's cooked.
Bench his sorry a$$.

Bike
09-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I'd like to continue with u guys, but just got called to work. Sh!t. Until tomorrow.....

tornadospotter
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, but LJ is not a team player!! LJ is all about LJ.
He's cooked.
Bench his sorry a$$.
I agree, LJ needs to become a team player, Does he even have a charity that he is helping?

Canada
09-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Real world analogy:

Another real world analogy

You DON'T sell any of the product and the factory does not make enough. who is to blame then? You should still have accountability for your job even if others around you are not doing theirs.

rbedgood
09-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Another real world analogy

You DON'T sell any of the product and the factory does not make enough. who is to blame then? You should still have accountability for your job even if others around you are not doing theirs.

However in LJ's case he has a history of success, when given the opportunity to succeed. If either of the back-ups came in and did much of anything I'd say the problem was him. However when they come in and also get stuffed, the problem is likely elsewhere.

His attitude is a problem, but it is a separate problem.

Canada
09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
However in LJ's case he has a history of success, when given the opportunity to succeed. If either of the back-ups came in and did much of anything I'd say the problem was him. However when they come in and also get stuffed, the problem is likely elsewhere.

NFL football is a "What have you done for me lately" business. LJ was good 2 seasons ago. To me LJ is more of a problem than an asset right now. If he can't get the job done, why are we paying him $45 million? Along with that money comes the finger pointing when you do not produce. I agree with you that it does all boil down to LJs attitude and the fact that is sucks. Always has and always will.

texaschief
09-17-2008, 11:40 PM
I wonder if "Diaper Boy" has given any thought to the fact that he hasn't played well in a season and a half. He was awful in the second half of 2006, he couldn't stay healthy last season, and hasn't performed like the LJ pre-contract that everyone is accustomed to seeing.

If this offense and O-line is as bad as everyone is saying they are, does Larry think everyone but the coaching staff can see that? The fact is, the Kansas City Chiefs committed a long-term investment in Larry Johnson and realize this O-line is probably not the O-line that the Chiefs want him running behind right now.

He'll probably see his play calling pick up later this season once the line has played a few games and worked out at least SOME of the kinks.

I've gotta think the Chiefs as an organization know this isn't the year to whip their workhorse. Keep him in game shape, but for the most part, protect the $45 million investment you've made in this guy. Perhaps the Chiefs ARE thinking about moving him at some point in the future. Why run the risk of getting him hurt AGAIN behind a green line and watch his stock plummet even further?

There was an article in the KC local newspaper about how committed the organization is to developing the young players on the roster this season. If that's the case, Larry shouldn't be shocked that his role is less this season and should be happy he isn't playing behind this green line yet.

but that's jmo

texaschief
09-18-2008, 12:29 AM
you are talking like lj has a long nfl future ahead. well first off runningbacks age faster than any other position in the nfl. His career is dwindling down. He is darn right near the end of it.

That would be true if he had been the starter and had taken 20+ snaps as the featured part of the offense since 2003. Since he was drafted 5 years ago, the guy has only played two full seasons from beginning to end. His first two seasons were on the bench. Half of last season, he was hurt. This guy still has very fresh legs and hasn't had nearly any of the beating he SHOULD have at this point in his career.

If he were as run down as he SHOULD be at this point, the Chiefs wouldn't have given him the contract he got.

Larry probably has a good three to perhaps even five years left in this league. Larry Johnson is 28. Edgerin James is 31 and still considered one of the better backs in this league... AND HE'S an example that you would point to as being old at 31. He's been the featured back since his rookie year. There are BIG differences in the two RB's careers.

Larry still has plenty of time in his career to be an elite back again.

Joe of OP
09-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Gentlemen, join the cause...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5360

Big Daddy Tek
09-18-2008, 01:04 AM
So who would do better than Larry right now, in this offense with this line.

Three7s
09-18-2008, 01:15 AM
So who would do better than Larry right now, in this offense with this line.
A guy who is quick to accelerate and make fast cuts, AP is probably a candidate. I know it'd be tough for anyone, but LJ is probably the worst type of back for this line.

rbedgood
09-18-2008, 03:14 AM
A guy who is quick to accelerate and make fast cuts, AP is probably a candidate. I know it'd be tough for anyone, but LJ is probably the worst type of back for this line.

LOL...AP is a beast of a back, but remember he's running behind what is likely the best run-blocking O-line in football. They actually create space for him when the entire defense is focused on the run. AP managed 100 yards last week when everyone knew he was going to run, the box was stacked and he still had open space for the first 4-5 yards. Frankly Herm and company should be studying Vikings game film...if they can move the ball with crap play at QB, maybe the Chiefs could take a page out of their playbook. Sure there is a talent disparity at O-line, but heck give LJ 2-3 yards of open space and that would be an improvement.

The only back in NFL history that I think could do anything with this O-line would be Barry Sanders...and don't forget, despite all those miracle runs, and his great games, he was 'tackled for loss' more than anyone else in most of the seasons he played.

Joe of OP
09-18-2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not saying Larry Johnson is a bad football player, but what I am saying is, he is not apart of the team, doesn't fit well with our offense, spoiled beyond belief, and ultimately bringing the whole team down, because with him being payed the most, he is also somewhat looked at as a leader. The fact that he doesn't see the benefit of having 2 backs in the backfield only proves my point. Give me Kolby Smith & Jamaal Charles, I guarantee combined they get more than 22 yards of 12 carries against the raiders. Sure, we have a ****ty o-line, bad QB, doesn't matter, Good players make everyone around them better. Kansas City needs a team that plays together, and with Larry Johnson on the football field, I don't see that happening.

Bike
09-18-2008, 03:48 PM

Vince Lombardi use to tell his players:
Success is 90 percent attitude and 10 percent ability.
If true, LJ may want to consider retirement....

Big Daddy Tek
09-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Its hilarious how we have all of these glaring needs on the offense, on the defense, on the coaching staff, and in the front office. But All I hear about is LJ. Did you guys just start watching football yesterday. Maybe your mad because he makes so much money and hasnt bailed the entire crappy team out. Oh, I know, what it is. He actually says whats on his mind. That bothers you doesnt it? He didnt say 1 thing after sundays "so called" game that wasnt true. If I was LJ I would of thrown every one those worthless piles of crap under the bus. Like ive said a million times, we have alot bigger problems than LJ. Pull your heads out.

Joe of OP
09-18-2008, 05:05 PM
My friend! He is not our only problem, but the fact still remains LJ is a problem, and there are steps to creating a better team, this is just one of many in a right direction. Priest Holmes, played football on a team, and when he had a bad game, I never heard him once blame the blockers or blame anyone other than himself. Real players don't say anything, because they leave it all out there on the football field. That's something a team creates. That's something Larry Johnson doesn't have. Your right Big Daddy Tek, it is about the money. I would rather the money go to a new QB, or blockers, something we actually need. You don't bite the hand that feeds you, Big Daddy Tek, or in his matter, protects him. So on that note, I'm sorry Big Daddy Tek, but he has to go, and if you want to help bring back Kansas City football, the way it used to be, you will join me, in this rally.

Bike
09-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Its hilarious how we have all of these glaring needs on the offense, on the defense, on the coaching staff, and in the front office. But All I hear about is LJ. Did you guys just start watching football yesterday. Maybe your mad because he makes so much money and hasnt bailed the entire crappy team out. Oh, I know, what it is. He actually says whats on his mind. That bothers you doesnt it? He didnt say 1 thing after sundays "so called" game that wasnt true. If I was LJ I would of thrown every one those worthless piles of crap under the bus. Like ive said a million times, we have alot bigger problems than LJ. Pull your heads out.
Agreed. But this particulat thread concerns LJ.

jakesmith
09-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Your out of your mind to say LJ is better!!!

Priest could do it all!!!

Running: LJ is strickly power. Priest is balanced, able to run scatback (like if he has to bounce outside when the line implodes) or come right at someone if it comes down to it.

Catching: Why dont you look up the stats on that!!!

Blocking: Priest was Full Back in College blocking for Ricky Williams and FB for Ravens, he s an awesome blocker. LJ is a joke of a blocker.

Attitude: Self explanitory.

Cant believe you said LJ is better.

Amen Brother!!!