PDA

View Full Version : LJ for Matt Cassel?

ASDF
09-15-2008, 03:49 PM
What do you think of trading LJ or Matt Cassel? I think after Tom recovers, Cassel would want to look for a place where he gets more playing time and we need a young QB.

Pats need to enhance their running game and KC looks for a QB. We can get rid of LJ because he talks too much and has character issues - I love LJ, don't go nuts on me-it's just that we have potential in Charles and Kolby smith as RBs. And we are rebuilding, so they will take their time to blossom.

leaves
09-15-2008, 03:54 PM
I appreciate the creativity, especially the smith and charles love, but this would never happen. NE can pay Cassel very well as a backup, and he would break w/our line. I think qb's like Brady, Rogers, or McNabb would be more productive than Croyle, but I think Brodie's as effective as were gonna get w/our OLine what it is.

Grey144
09-15-2008, 05:08 PM
No matter what we do at QB I do think it is time LJ found the Door. I think Vermeill had him pegged when he was still here, he is nothing but a big baby. He does not have the heart to play this game. He may have some talent but if he had the heart of say Marcus allen or Priest holmes it wouldn't matter who he ran behind he would find a way to gain yards. He wouldn't sit back and cry about not getting the ball in the game when he had gotten it 12 times and could only eek out 22 yards, but oh thats right it was his lack of play time that produced his crappy performance. I say get rid of him and eat the money we lose on him, maybe we can all pitch in and get him a box of pampers as a good-bye gift.

Bike
09-15-2008, 05:13 PM
What do you think of trading LJ or Matt Cassel? I think after Tom recovers, Cassel would want to look for a place where he gets more playing time and we need a young QB.

Pats need to enhance their running game and KC looks for a QB. We can get rid of LJ because he talks too much and has character issues - I love LJ, don't go nuts on me-it's just that we have potential in Charles and Kolby smith as RBs. And we are rebuilding, so they will take their time to blossom.
1. Why would Pats trade Cassel? Brady aint gettin any younger...
2. Why would Pats (or anyone else) want to eat a huge contract for a has-been runner with a sh!t attitude?:sign0153:

rbedgood
09-15-2008, 05:35 PM
The issue isn't whether you or I could put together a trade that sounds good to the Chiefs. Hell at this point just getting rid of LJ's salary cap hit would likely make it worth trading him for a bag of potato chips.

However what NFL team in their right mind would take LJ's baggage and contract for what is a questionable player at this point?

Figure any of the teams with top running backs are out...(that includes)
San Francisco, San Diego, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York Giants, Jets, Buffalo Bills, Dallas, St Louis, Philly, Washington, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and even Miami)
...also figure anyone with young or rising talent would rather see them develop (Houston-Slaton, Chicago-Forte, Detroit-Smith, Baltimore-Rice, Oakland-McFadden/Bush, Arizona-Hightower, Pittsburgh-Mendenhall, Carolina-Stewart, Atlanta-Michael Turner)
Okay teams that are left include

Denver--Shanahan sees HBs as replaceable commodoties, and history doesn't disprove him
Seattle--Julius Jones isn't great, but I can't see Holmgren giving much for LJ...maybe Seneca Wallace?
Cincy---no O-line, why would you trade for LJ?
Cleveland---they have Jamal Lewis, same initials as LJ, same type of running back, and better attitude
New England---seriously anyone think that Bellicheck wants to deal with LJ? And the salary cap would be a major issue here. You'd have to take a big contract in return, not Cassel.

m0ef0e
09-16-2008, 02:30 PM
The issue isn't whether you or I could put together a trade that sounds good to the Chiefs. Hell at this point just getting rid of LJ's salary cap hit would likely make it worth trading him for a bag of potato chips.

However what NFL team in their right mind would take LJ's baggage and contract for what is a questionable player at this point?

Figure any of the teams with top running backs are out...(that includes)
San Francisco, San Diego, Minnesota, New Orleans, New York Giants, Jets, Buffalo Bills, Dallas, St Louis, Philly, Washington, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, Pittsburgh and even Miami)
...also figure anyone with young or rising talent would rather see them develop (Houston-Slaton, Chicago-Forte, Detroit-Smith, Baltimore-Rice, Oakland-McFadden/Bush, Arizona-Hightower, Pittsburgh-Mendenhall, Carolina-Stewart, Atlanta-Michael Turner)
Okay teams that are left include

Denver--Shanahan sees HBs as replaceable commodoties, and history doesn't disprove him
Seattle--Julius Jones isn't great, but I can't see Holmgren giving much for LJ...maybe Seneca Wallace?
Cincy---no O-line, why would you trade for LJ?
Cleveland---they have Jamal Lewis, same initials as LJ, same type of running back, and better attitude
New England---seriously anyone think that Bellicheck wants to deal with LJ? And the salary cap would be a major issue here. You'd have to take a big contract in return, not Cassel.

:lol: I'll take a bag of Lays or Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips, please.

Good post though. I agree.

Canada
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Funny thread

hometeam
12-03-2010, 03:15 PM
wtf

ZOMBIE THREAD

matthewschiefs
12-03-2010, 04:12 PM
ok this is random lol.

buffman316
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
lol extremely random

70 chiefsfan70
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
WOW! We've come along ways in a short time.

Hayvern
12-04-2010, 11:02 AM
WOW! We've come along ways in a short time.
I find it remarkeable that LJ had such a bad attitude here and did not want to be a part of this team. Now he is a player with no job.

Couldn't have happened to a better individual!

matthewschiefs
12-04-2010, 11:56 AM
I find it remarkeable that LJ had such a bad attitude here and did not want to be a part of this team. Now he is a player with no job.

Couldn't have happened to a better individual!

It's rather telling that NO team will even touch him not even a UFL team. That tells you a lot.

tornadospotter
12-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Who is LJ?

Boxermm187
12-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Who is LJ?
dude, it is leo jakes!!! he plays for a high school in my home town. I can't believe you have'nt heard of him.

matthewschiefs
12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
dude, it is leo jakes!!! he plays for a high school in my home town. I can't believe you have'nt heard of him.
:lol: Oh that's who he is