PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper??

Pro_Angler
09-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Why isnt he playing????

Sn@keIze
09-15-2008, 06:51 PM
Why isnt he playing????
Because hes no good anymore. Dolphins had him, they still suck..Faids had him, they still suck. You want to go down that same road?

I wish people would get off this Quinn-Culpepper thing.

Bike
09-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Why isnt he playing????
Ah, he's done?

Sn@keIze
09-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Ah, he's done?
yup, he retired

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=A373B94CFB6E41DFD6DF53B4B76DF844? id=09000d5d80a7fe83&template=with-video&confirm=true

slc chief
09-15-2008, 07:14 PM
he does still suck i won't get off the quinn thing i know it will never happen in k.c but i think he has a bright future in the nfl he almost fell to us in the draft that would have been good but that is a big would have.still curious about croyle i am hoping he can finish the season at best.why doesn't herm or chan on the first play of the atlanta game bomb it down the right side to bowe deep has he never heard of the pass establishing the run come on show a little ba##s

javarick
09-15-2008, 11:26 PM
How bad could he be? Daunte was great at one point and looked really good last year. He can get that ball down the field and to Bowe, Tony, Darling. We need that now!

It would help LJ and get the lame offense moving!

slc chief
09-15-2008, 11:53 PM
who would you let go then thigpen or huard and by the time he learns the system croyle will be back then what bench croyle granted he is injury prone but you abandon him now what is that telling the rest of the team we had a plan qb got injured now it's time to abandon it heres the new plan in my eyes there is not enough upside to cullpepper to make that commitment and he is injury prone as well

Sn@keIze
09-16-2008, 12:21 AM
How bad could he be? Daunte was great at one point and looked really good last year. He can get that ball down the field and to Bowe, Tony, Darling. We need that now!

It would help LJ and get the lame offense moving!
I understand what you mean by "how bad can he be?" because compared to what we have now hes better.

BUT...remember, we're rebuilding and Culpepper is up there. An old QB who is going to retire next year or next is not going to do it, we need a young, intel, QB 1st rounder who is willing to learn with the rest of this young team and go from there.

About LJ, I do blame a lot on lacadasical running. But you cant run without pass, (and you cant pass w/o run) so a lot is blamed on our [QB and play calling].

Hayvern
09-16-2008, 01:34 AM
who would you let go then thigpen or huard and by the time he learns the system croyle will be back then what bench croyle granted he is injury prone but you abandon him now what is that telling the rest of the team we had a plan qb got injured now it's time to abandon it heres the new plan in my eyes there is not enough upside to cullpepper to make that commitment and he is injury prone as well

I don't think Culpepper would come here anyway. He is smart enough to know that this offensive line with Herm Edwards at the wheel, he would get killed.

Falcon
09-16-2008, 01:24 PM
dont think im joking...but Joey harrington is a decent QB

Jluk
09-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I respect Culpepper but the guy had an offense that was elite when he was in Vikings. More credit goes to the offense than rather the QB.

He had a front 4 that was just amazing. He had a thunder and lighting RB in Bennet and Moe Williams. Oh and I forgot, he had Randy Moss :)

m0ef0e
09-16-2008, 01:30 PM
What about trying to get Matt Leinart? Maybe next year if the Cardinals decide he's not their guy?

rbedgood
09-18-2008, 04:53 AM
What about trying to get Matt Leinart? Maybe next year if the Cardinals decide he's not their guy?

Don't do it to yourselves. His issues in Arizona have been with dedication and mentality. He doesn't work hard enough. That isn't going to fly in KC, he won't be what you are looking for.

hermhater
09-18-2008, 04:56 AM
Don't do it to yourselves. His issues in Arizona have been with dedication and mentality. He doesn't work hard enough. That isn't going to fly in KC, he won't be what you are looking for.

It might bet a couple of years before we have a healthy QB though dude, we might need to stock up.

rbedgood
09-18-2008, 05:01 AM
It might bet a couple of years before we have a healthy QB though dude, we might need to stock up.

There are better options...the Chiefs missed the boat big time a few weeks ago when the Bengals let their RT-Anderson go in a salary cap move. He would've solidified the biggest hole on the line, and frankly made LJ and the QBs better and keep the QBs healthier.

I personally think that Matt Leinart is headed towards a nice career holding a clipboard and partying with B-list celebrities. He'll end up as an analyst alongside Salisbury and a few other mediocre QBs.

Sn@keIze
09-18-2008, 05:09 AM
Wow, good point HermH. With the pass protection our O-line is given.

However, Im not ready to give up on Matt L. yet. I dont think hes gonna be a free agent next year. But he may be worth a 3rd round trade or later if Cards want that. And being that Kurt W. is old, I doubt Cards would trade him.

But I could be wrong, rbedgood, I feel the same way bout Quinn from the Browns. We dont want him.

Sn@keIze
09-18-2008, 05:14 AM
There are better options...the Chiefs missed the boat big time a few weeks ago when the Bengals let their RT-Anderson go in a salary cap move. He would've solidified the biggest hole on the line, and frankly made LJ and the QBs better and keep the QBs healthier.

I personally think that Matt Leinart is headed towards a nice career holding a clipboard and partying with B-list celebrities. He'll end up as an analyst alongside Salisbury and a few other mediocre QBs.
Anderson is awesome, but we're rebuilding and by the time we get to the SB hes retired. hes only got a couple of years left at most. The Ravens have a more legit shot, hence, they gave him a very short contract.

rbedgood
09-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Anderson is awesome, but we're rebuilding and by the time we get to the SB hes retired. hes only got a couple of years left at most. The Ravens have a more legit shot, hence, they gave him a very short contract.

yeah, but any good rebuilding effort includes a handful of solid veterans. Tony G is one, but frankly a guy like Anderson would go a long way to helping Albert along at Off Tackle, and would help fans deal with the rebuilding process as you'd at least have some offense.