PDA

View Full Version : fins up offer

TXChief
05-26-2007, 10:18 AM
rotoworld.com says fins offering cond 5th.

Coach
05-26-2007, 02:18 PM
rotoworld.com says fins offering cond 5th.

Carl please pull the trigger and end this mess. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have Trent Green as our QB, but that isn't going to happen at this point.

Canada
05-26-2007, 06:24 PM
maybe HE can play left tackle?!?!

Chiefster
05-26-2007, 06:40 PM
Carl please pull the trigger and end this mess. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have Trent Green as our QB, but that isn't going to happen at this point.

I agree; I can't believe Miami blinked.

texaschief
05-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Does anyone know what the Chiefs would get as a compensatory pick if they kept Green on the payroll for his last year? I've got to say I'm with Carl on this one. If we can keep him under the cap along with all the rookies, why not? The guy just said he's been keeping in communication with Brodie and has been helping in his development. One year with Green behind him, helping out with his experiences, would only help Croyle. The only reason it's a distraction is because nothing is set in stone yet. If the Chiefs pull Green off the market, the distraction goes away and everyone knows what Green's roll will be. Then, after his contract is up, we might get more than a 5th round pick for him as a compensation pick.

If Carl and Herm think they know what they will get from the league for Green, i say don't go any lower than that. We'll already have Allen and Johnson as disgruntled players on the team for this season, what's one more?

I think the Chiefs know they'll get at least a 4th round pick from the league. If that's the case, Carl shouldn't be talked down any further just because all the pundits want to see this deal done with and over.

Chiefster
05-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Does anyone know what the Chiefs would get as a compensatory pick if they kept Green on the payroll for his last year? I've got to say I'm with Carl on this one. If we can keep him under the cap along with all the rookies, why not? The guy just said he's been keeping in communication with Brodie and has been helping in his development. One year with Green behind him, helping out with his experiences, would only help Croyle. The only reason it's a distraction is because nothing is set in stone yet. If the Chiefs pull Green off the market, the distraction goes away and everyone knows what Green's roll will be. Then, after his contract is up, we might get more than a 5th round pick for him as a compensation pick.

If Carl and Herm think they know what they will get from the league for Green, i say don't go any lower than that. We'll already have Allen and Johnson as disgruntled players on the team for this season, what's one more?

I think the Chiefs know they'll get at least a 4th round pick from the league. If that's the case, Carl shouldn't be talked down any further just because all the pundits want to see this deal done with and over.

Ummmmmm; Cinnamon? LOL!!!

I'm not sure we'll get a 4th round pick for Green; he'll be 38 and would have, probably, spent the entire 07 season as a back-up.

Coach
05-26-2007, 08:46 PM

Because he'll be a distraction. Because he'll be earning 7mm of Carl's money when they have no intention of starting him. Because they can get something for him now, in 12 months they'll get nothing.

Chiefster
05-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Because he'll be a distraction. Because he'll be earning 7mm of Carl's money when they have no intention of starting him. Because they can get something for him now, in 12 months they'll get nothing.

Ditto! Hit the nail on the head three times; I completely agree.