PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm not a bad idea!!!

balto
09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2008/09/16/cowher-vick-2009-a-post-game-report-requires-an-actual-game/#more-2337

Bill and Vick.

rbedgood
09-18-2008, 04:01 AM
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2008/09/16/cowher-vick-2009-a-post-game-report-requires-an-actual-game/#more-2337

Bill and Vick.

Cowher would be great for almost any team if he comes back...but Vick? No way do you guys need a guy who wasn't a very good passer to start with, and has been off the field for 2+ years by the time he can play again. I'd say your better bet would be to pursue a veteran free agent this offseason and draft a real QB of the future, (early 1st round talent)...free agents this upcoming offseason http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2009

Possible guys who'd be interesting for the Chiefs
David Garrard--not a dynamic guy, but he's athletic, makes good decisions, and has shown he can flourish in a conservative offense with poor WR talent
JP Losman---Bills won't resign him, he's not great, but he could be a good stop-gap if you draft a legit guy...and who knows he could end up holding the job kind of like Derek Anderson did in Cleveland.
Matt Cassel---hmmm, he might play well enough this year to demand more money than the Pats will pay for a backup...
Kerry Collins/Kurt Warner---the ultimate stop-gaps, and only if you win the Tebow sweeps...
Kyle Orton---he's playing this year in Chicago, with no playmakers around him. If he does decently even it says something about him.

The others are mostly career backups, scrubs and complete headcases.

Sn@keIze
09-18-2008, 04:34 AM
Vick................No Way!!

Id defineatly be willing to give Losman or Garrard a tryout.

But theres no way Jags are that stupid to let go of Gerrad.

Everybody else is too old or inadequate for this team for our rebuilding stage.

rbedgood
09-18-2008, 04:44 AM
Vick................No Way!!

Id defineatly be willing to give Losman or Garrard a tryout.

But theres no way Jags are that stupid to let go of Gerrad.

Everybody else is too old or inadequate for this team for our rebuilding stage.

Yeah my point with the older guys is only if you guys 'give up' on Croyle and reach into the draft again. Then ideally you'd have a Tebow or other top talent not be 'forced' to start game 1 of their first NFL season. Not that they wouldn't win the job (see Matt Ryan and Joey Flacco) but that there'd be another 'option' if they are deemed not ready.

slc chief
09-18-2008, 06:24 PM
keep michael the hell out of here bill yeah vick no way he sucks as a qb

Coach
09-20-2008, 12:09 AM
Garrard isnt going anywhere. Losman, maybe. No way on the rest.

Chiefster
09-20-2008, 01:15 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Need Vick, we do not.

jtandcrew
09-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Id give Losman a try!

OTR Chiefs fan
09-20-2008, 02:51 AM
Garrard would be the only one that would be worth getting. But the Jags aren't going to get rid of him anytime soon. Personally, if Cowher were to come back into coaching, I don't think he'd come to K.C. :D

Three7s
09-20-2008, 03:39 AM
I wouldn't want Garrard, he's just like Huard. Have you seen him perform with a bad O-line? If you haven't, just watch him with the Jags right now. Theirs is as bad as ours, and he looks awful!

texaschief
09-20-2008, 02:28 PM
wow... could this idea (Cowher/Vick) be anymore unoriginal?

Let's say the Chiefs get a top draft pick and use it on a QB. GREAT!! But I agree that he shouldn't necessarily be THE GUY next season. I would seriously consider bringing in a legit backup to supplant Huard/Thigpen. I would keep Brodie or whoever the FA would be as the starter in '09 and let the rookie hold a clipboard.

Again, the Chiefs should've drafted a QB in one of the first two rounds even before they used a third on Brodie. Now, the Chiefs are in a position where we're playing catchup to the rest of the division and their young QB's. Our young QB should've been learning from Trent for a couple years... not Damon Huard. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather my young guy learn from a starter... not a career backup.

Three7s
09-20-2008, 07:50 PM
i would love to see Vick's talents used on the Kansas City Chiefs football team! He would open the offense up so much with his ability to run/scramble and he could deliver to Tony G. Just my opinion, dont hate :)
I respect your opinion, but Vick can't throw his way out of a paper bag.

Hayvern
09-20-2008, 09:45 PM
i would love to see Vick's talents used on the Kansas City Chiefs football team! He would open the offense up so much with his ability to run/scramble and he could deliver to Tony G. Just my opinion, dont hate :)

Personally, I don't want our team to be associated with this guy in any way. Let the Raiders have him, that is the type of organization that would hire such a immoral a$$wipe.

Seriously, I do not want our team degraded by the presence of this guy. He might have paid the price set forth by the law and by the NFL in general, but there is a larger price to be paid to the fans that he let down with his immoral behaviour, and I do not want that to spill over to the best, classiest team in football.

Sn@keIze
09-21-2008, 04:25 AM
By the time he gets out of prison he will be too old(for a rebuildin team). And being away from football for that long he will be too rusty.

jtandcrew
09-21-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/

Need Vick, we do not.

If we cant get Cowher? Then Yoda for head coach!:lol:

Three7s
09-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Even if by some miracle, Cowher wants to coach, he's under contract with the Steelers.