PDA

View Full Version : Herm HAS to go

Ryfo18
09-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Everyone,

I am a die hard Chiefs fan. But this new "system" Herm has brought to the Chiefs is the goddamned worse thing I have ever seen in my life. He talks about being a hard nose type of guy...The defense is terrible. We cannot stop the run. We bring in Herm Edwards to a downright decent team and he turns them in to the worst team in the league. He says let's start Thigpen to give him a chance. Herm...you are a ****ing idiot. You don't bring in players and evaluate them during the regular season. You play the players that give you the best chance to win (AKA Huard). If someone steps up, THEN you play that person.

Herm Edwards is outright the worst coach I have ever seen in the NFL. Talk about drafting young people and making a team out of that. That has to be the most flawed argument ever. We have gotten ****pounded by the other two worst teams in the NFL and there is no chance we will win this season under the misdirection of Herm Edwards. I know he thinks he is a genius trading off people like Jared Allen for draft picks............Draft picks are just like gambling, and I refuse to have a coach that relies solely on draft picks.

Thigpen at one point in the game was 3/16 with two picks, and we still didn't see Huard. Herm, please learn that yes we do care about the future, but you have to win in the present as well. One of the greatest franchises in football has sunk to the same level that our beloved royals are at.

MANAGEMENT, please bring someone to KC that knows how to win.

47jedi47
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Paul Wiggin wasn't THIS BAD!

zro2gon
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
herm isnt a good coach..why do you think the jets go rid of him...should get us a college coach...bring him in with the young players

jerhart
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
....in response to the title of this thread....

...Duh. :lol:

Bike
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
OK. So why the hell is he still here???????

IlovetheChiefs
09-21-2008, 08:26 PM
In view of this statement from Herm a few days ago regarding the decision to start Tyler Thigpen...

"If he struggles a lot and it gets too big for him Damon’s always a guy who can come off the sideline and get the team going.”

... It seems puzzling why he kept leaving Tyler in the whole game, despite being down 24-0, despite Tyler being like 1-11 at one point, 3-16 at one point with 2 interceptions. I can see once we made it 24-7, 24-14, and then almost 31-17 (missed field goal) leaving Tyler in since we were finally generating some offense. But I question Herm's decision to have left Tyler in the game in the first place when he kept playing poorly and Atlanta kept padding their lead on us.

Three7s
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
He doesn't know what the word "struggling" means, obviously.

Bike
09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
He doesn't know what the word "struggling" means, obviously.
He should know. Since thats what he's been doing since he's been here...

IlovetheChiefs
09-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Or has been numbed to what struggling really constitutes, with 12 consecutive losses now.

I don't remember us ever starting the season with a lot of losses before we won the first game. I checked our history and see the worst start we ever had was 0-5 in 1977. Looking at our schedule (the next 5 teams we play have a combined 11-3 record) I'm afraid we're in jeopardy of having the worst start ever.

Coach
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
worst start/season ever possibly.

47jedi47
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Or has been numbed to what struggling really constitutes, with 12 consecutive losses now.

I don't remember us ever starting the season with a lot of losses before we won the first game. I checked our history and see the worst start we ever had was 0-5 in 1977. Looking at our schedule (the next 5 teams we play have a combined 11-3 record) I'm afraid we're in jeopardy of having the worst start ever.

0-16 IS A GOOD POSSIBILITY with this staff in place

drstandley31
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
This will be the worst season in our history, I believe that. I just hope Herm did find enough good raw talent that will become a good core when we fire that Jack A$$ and get a real coach in here to kick them into a real team. a team that wants to win, a team that knows they can win. I can't even watch the games right now. I DVR them and watch them after I know the result. I just hate to see the team I love get hammered every week.

Bike
09-21-2008, 10:31 PM
This will be the worst season in our history, I believe that. I just hope Herm did find enough good raw talent that will become a good core when we fire that Jack A$$ and get a real coach in here to kick them into a real team. a team that wants to win, a team that knows they can win. I can't even watch the games right now. I DVR them and watch them after I know the result. I just hate to see the team I love get hammered every week.
I'll always watch the games. They are building. They are learning. And, eventually, they will be winning.
But not with Peterson or Herm.
Hunt should fire Peterson now. Why delay it to the end of the year? Or the next year? Buy out Cowhers' contract with Pittsburg and bring him back. Now.

tornadospotter
09-21-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll always watch the games. They are building. They are learning. And, eventually, they will be winning.
But not with Peterson or Herm.
Hunt should fire Peterson now. Why delay it to the end of the year? Or the next year? Buy out Cowhers' contract with Pittsburg and bring him back. Now.
While I agree with this,,,, I do not see it happen untill all the work on Arrowhead is done. Sad, but thats what I think.

Bike
09-21-2008, 10:58 PM
While I agree with this,,,, I do not see it happen untill all the work on Arrowhead is done. Sad, but thats what I think.
But we need help now!
19 years and Peterson has got us to 0 Superbowls.
And now 0-3 in a 12-game losing streak.
Clark, fvck everything else and fire his a$$.
Do it tomorrow, please. Thank You.

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 03:25 AM
yeah we're losing it sucks and im pissed and i have to listen to everyone here in buffalo talk about how the bills are 3-0 and blah blah blah....

You guys do realize we are the youngest team in the NFl right???

With youth comes mistakes and pain and anger and big disappoinments.... Did anyone really have high expectations??? We are young and it could STILL go either way....But everyone wants to fire Herm, These kids are learning on the fly and I like that. A little adversity never hurt anybody.... But maybe some fans on here its a little too much...

Im mad just like most of you but just for one second look at the freakin big picture would you!!!!!!!!

slc chief
09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah we're losing it sucks and im pissed and i have to listen to everyone here in buffalo talk about how the bills are 3-0 and blah blah blah....

With youth comes mistakes and pain and anger and big disappoinments.... Did anyone really have high expectations??? We are young and it could STILL go either way....But everyone wants to fire Herm, These kids are learning on the fly and I like that. A little adversity never hurt anybody.... But maybe some fans on here its a little too much...

Im mad just like most of you but just for one second look at the freakin big picture would you!!!!!!!!

the packers area very young team as well same with the titans the bad part about this whole thing is that we are losing bad to teams that are not that good. the dolphins are rebuilding as well and look what they did yesterday. the more this goes on the longer it will set us back and i think that is were alot of the frustration is coming from the big picture is we are a team with some talent on a very long losing streak i am hoping as soon as we get that first win whenever that will be we can roll from there and as soon as our rookies get 6 to 7 games under their belt we will see a vast improvemant if not we are really in trouble

Hayvern
09-22-2008, 10:39 AM

I think most of us are looking at the big picture. We have a coach who's lifetime record is a losing one. Who has a perpensity for getting his quarterbacks injured. Who does not seem to be able to prepare his club to play their best. Who, quite frankly, does not know how to call plays and evidently put together a playbook.

I have heard for the last three years about how you play to win the game, and then hear excuses as to why he cannot take chances, throw the long pass, make a play during the game.

In the last three years since Herm has been coach, just how many times have we reached down the field for a long pass play? 5, 6, maybe 7? This includes 2 seasons where we were not "officially" rebuilding.

Herm is not the answer for this team.

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
The packers had a hall of fame QB did you forget that?? And now have a QB that watched Favre play for 4 years... Not only that, when the packers were the youngest team, before we took that title, they lost and lost a lot until favre caught fire last year..

How can you throw the ball down the field with a guy that cant even throw a freaking hitch pattern??? How many times yesterday did you see thigpen over throw the ball and against the raiders make awful throws???

Not only that but how about the QB never has time because Mcintosh cant make a block...

You only get 7 draft picks a year and if they were good 3 maybe 4 of them are going to start on your team... As much as I hate to say this its going to be 2 or 3 years to develop something special and a strong stomach...

But I do believe that between the draft and GOOD free agent pick ups it could be faster, only time will tell....

wolfpack
09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
fire carl now. this will make hermmie and company sweat alittle. a new bm,i mean gm, always hires his own coaches.

Chief_kickingtale
09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
You forgot!

Worst coach = worst team = worst start/season

Chief_kickingtale
09-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I am with you. We can't rebuild a team with a coach that has taken 2, 10-6 teams to the cellar!
Herm couldn't coach the Dallas Cowboys with all that talent to a .500 record!
I really wish they would fire him now, that way the new coach could evaluate who he has and who needs to stay before the draft!
Fire Herm, Call Cower?

kcchiefs4life
09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
I am with you. We can't rebuild a team with a coach that has taken 2, 10-6 teams to the cellar!
I really wish they would fire him now, that way the new coach could evaluate who he has and who needs to stay before the draft!
Fire Herm, Call Cower?
I don't care who it is, just someone else. Herm is awful. Did you see his answers after the game? He never answers the whole question, avoiding the answer. Herm AALWAYS talks about the positive.......which right now is really hard to do.

zro2gon
09-22-2008, 02:17 PM
I don't care who it is, just someone else. Herm is awful. Did you see his answers after the game? He never answers the whole question, avoiding the answer. Herm AALWAYS talks about the positive.......which right now is really hard to do.

the positive of that game he was talkin about was the check in his back pocket...would be nice to get paid to fail all the time..

nigeriannightmare
09-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Fire Herm, Call Cower?

Chris Berman noted, last year, that Herm could have coached the dolphins to an 8-8 season and the Patriots to an 8-8 season. Mediocre coach warrants mediocre results. I don't get it, but it's obvious he isn't going anywhere. I wish I could perform this poorly at work and still have a job/business.

Chief_kickingtale
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Herm is always talking about the 2 or 3 plays that are positive, b/c if you asked him how to fix the other plays he wouldn't know how. I bet if you asked him about why the 2 or 3 plays worked, he wouldn't know why! He should put this on tape for the next 13 weeks.
"Offense played good for awhile, Defense played good for a while, but not good enough. We have to play harder, work harder, and not commit that many mistakes." Done for the year!

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Its always the fault of the coach.... Interception, ahhh man herm should be fired, Bad throw damn herm should be fired..... Mcintosh cant block my dead grandmother, yeah thats herms fault too... Bowe drops balls, guess what?? herms fault too.... Thomas misses 10 tackles a game awe man herms gotta go... I guess you guys are right!!!!!

I guess if you really have to point the finger and use him as the scape goat then feel free.... 3rd week in the season and everyone is packing it up...

m0ef0e
09-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Its always the fault of the coach.... Interception, ahhh man herm should be fired, Bad throw damn herm should be fired..... Mcintosh cant block my dead grandmother, yeah thats herms fault too... Bowe drops balls, guess what?? herms fault too.... Thomas misses 10 tackles a game awe man herms gotta go... I guess you guys are right!!!!!

I guess if you really have to point the finger and use him as the scape goat then feel free.... 3rd week in the season and everyone is packing it up...

Herm's the one putting them on the field. Bowe rebounded from the dropped balls in week 1 and has played ok. Sackintosh has to go, period. Pigpen has not played good enough yet to even be a backup QB. Pat Thomas doesn't deserve to have that last name on the back of his jersey and needs to follow Sackintosh out the door.

Granted, Herm can only work with what he has but it's his and Carl's fault that we have what we are working with.

We're rebuilding with only half of the materials needed to complete the foundation.

drstandley31
09-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Rebuilding or not, he never has this team ready to play. They are never prepared, and they can never play 4 quarters. I don't like how we got here, but we're here. Problem is we've got nobody to lead us out. Herm's making this up as he goes. He has no idea where to go from here. I'm willing to back off and realize we're not going to win, but I cannot take teams like oakland just bending us over in our own stadium. That was heartless. Herm didn't have this team anywhere near ready to play that game and it showed.

slc chief
09-22-2008, 10:39 PM
herm just flatout sucks winning is not in his coaching nature he willnever be able to take any team to the next level

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 10:40 PM
great post and very well thought out, lol

greg3564
09-22-2008, 10:51 PM
I'll admit, I got caught up in the Herm Edwards hoopla when they hired him. They guy was getting lavished with praise by the media pundits. But in hindsight, he perpetrated one of the biggest frauds in head coaching history. He was all hype and no substance. He obviously calls the offensive plays. Because the play calling is EXACTLY the same as it was under Solari. He threw Solari under the bus, but Chan hasn't shown a damn thing different.

Herm's record in the NFL is now at 52-63 for an average of .452. How does a guy who only wins 45% keep his job? How does a guy who only wins 37% with the Chiefs keep his job? How does a guy who hasn't won a football game since Oct 21, 2007 keep his job?

All I can say is, thank God I have University of Texas football to keep me halfway sane.

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Herm's the one putting them on the field. Bowe rebounded from the dropped balls in week 1 and has played ok. Sackintosh has to go, period. Pigpen has not played good enough yet to even be a backup QB. Pat Thomas doesn't deserve to have that last name on the back of his jersey and needs to follow Sackintosh out the door.

Granted, Herm can only work with what he has but it's his and Carl's fault that we have what we are working with.

We're rebuilding with only half of the materials needed to complete the foundation.

Well, its not an over night process and there is no quick fix. He inhereted an old team that needed this turnover whether its him or someone else it was bound to happen and it just so happens to be Herm Edwards...

Its going to take a couple of drafts and some growing pains for us to get back on track and firing coaches every other year isnt the answer either because thats what the raiders, lions, 49ers and rams do; not our franchise..

You guys do realize that he has really never had stability and the Qb position ever!!! And when he did the Jets were a playoff team... He works tirelessly sometimes sleeping at the stadium offices... Contrary to other stupid posts I think our team plays pretty damn hard and you are going to get gashed if you cant help out the defense a little...

greg3564
09-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Well, its not an over night process and there is no quick fix. He inhereted an old team that needed this turnover whether its him or someone else it was bound to happen and it just so happens to be Herm Edwards...

Its going to take a couple of drafts and some growing pains for us to get back on track and firing coaches every other year isnt the answer either because thats what the raiders, lions, 49ers and rams do; not our franchise..

You guys do realize that he has really never had stability and the Qb position ever!!! And when he did the Jets were a playoff team... He works tirelessly sometimes sleeping at the stadium offices... Contrary to other stupid posts I think our team plays pretty damn hard and you are going to get gashed if you cant help out the defense a little...

Are you serious? Herm had a winning record with the Jets of 39-41. Come on! I, for one, am tired of the blaming of Vermeil. At least that guy gave us a serious chance at winning. Herm can't coach a game to save his life. He screws up the game clock management, he screws up the offensive play calling and the "great" defensive "coach" can't seem to get even that right.

Herm and Carl have shown us that they are both inept in thier positions. Personally, if this team continues down the path they are on, Carl and Herm may both be let go before the season is over. At least, that's the way it SHOULD be.

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
he had 3 winning seasons moron do your homework kid and the seasons they did bad pennington was hurt!!!!!!

McLovin
09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
he had 3 winning seasons moron do your homework kid and the seasons they did bad pennington was hurt!!!!!!
Wow are you taking it up the A&& from Herm or are you really that stupid?

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah me and Herm go way back!!!!!

greg3564
09-22-2008, 11:21 PM

Jeez, another guy who resorts to name calling when his manliness is threatened.

Three winning seasons is awfully deceptive. Considering the BEST season he mustered up was a 10-6. That's the best season he's had going into his 8th season now. His Jet's record is nothing to thump your chest over-

2001 10-6
2002 9-7
2003 6-10
2004 10-6
2005 4-12

Hmm. No consistency and it must all be Penningtons fault for getting injured. Seems to be that Herm has that happen to him a lot. Could it be that he can't coach an offense or offensive players?

Herm's postseason record is is 2-4 for a .333 average. Vermeil's was 6-5 for a .545 average.

Herm's a waste. If you'd like to debate the issue, leave the insults at home. It just shows your lack of intellect.

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 11:25 PM
Why am I stupid because Im taking up for a coach that took over an aging team, is choosing to rebuild a franchise that at least I know I love for the future?? Because you are a whiny a$$ b!tch that wants a quick fix and cant get his way?? You think I enjoy watching my team get pounded??? Really??

garciakcfan
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Jeez, another guy who resorts to name calling when his manliness is threatened.

Three winning seasons is awfully deceptive. Considering the BEST season he mustered up was a 10-6. That's the best season he's had going into his 8th season now. His Jet's record is nothing to thump your chest over-

2001 10-6
2002 9-7
2003 6-10
2004 10-6
2005 4-12

Hmm. No consistency and it must all be Penningtons fault for getting injured. Seems to be that Herm has that happen to him a lot. Could it be that he can't coach an offense or offensive players?

Herm's postseason record is is 2-4 for a .333 average. Vermeil's was 6-5 for a .545 average.

Herm's a waste. If you'd like to debate the issue, leave the insults at home. It just shows your lack of intellect.

Im not saying it is but dont come at with a 39-41 record that is a little deceptive itself considering he did have 3 winning seasons out of 5 and they did make the playoffs each of those years and posted 2 post season wins... How the hell does that make him a bad coach??? Because we are a young team and arent winning right now??

Three7s
09-23-2008, 12:09 AM
Im not saying it is but dont come at with a 39-41 record that is a little deceptive itself considering he did have 3 winning seasons out of 5 and they did make the playoffs each of those years and posted 2 post season wins... How the hell does that make him a bad coach??? Because we are a young team and arent winning right now??
Are you freaking serious? I can't believe anyone could honestly defend Herm after this comedy routine of a season. AND IT'S ONLY BEEN 3 WEEKS! Let me ask you something, does a good coach treat regular season like preseason? Does a good coach pray a guy isn't on the draft board when it's his team's turn to pick, so that he doesn't have to deal with the possibility?(choosing between Ryan and Dorsey) Does a good coach leave a QB who goes 1/8 in a quarter, while promising to go to a more polished guy if he starts stinking? Why yes, that obviously makes him a good coach!

tammietailgator
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Herm is not going anywhere even if we go 0-16
Unless Cowher decides to come out of retirement.... I could be wrong... but I dont think so...

Seek
09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Herm is not going anywhere even if we go 0-16
Unless Cowher decides to come out of retirement.... I could be wrong... but I dont think so...

I am not sure about that. There was already rumors about Clark Hunt not favoring Carl Peterson last year, and that they have taken some responsibility away from him. They are saying the only reason Carl is still here is because Clark promised his father that he would let Carl finish his contract.

The radio people in KC are already pleading to make a change at GM after the season. The fan base opinion usually follows the media.

If the Chiefs finish 0-16, and you start seeing the Fire Carl or Herm signs by the next home game. Clark may pull the plug on Carl. If that happens, the New GM most likely will hire his own management and coaches.

Personally, it should have happened last year to let the new GM build his own team instead of picking the pieces two years after someone else started to build a different team.

Hayvern
09-23-2008, 02:57 PM

Some would say that this is because he is not a good coach. The coach has to bear some responsibility for not giving the QB the protection and tools that he needs.

I believe that gettting young players is the future of the team, but how are those young players going to learn if there are no veterans around to teach them. Somethings cannot be taught by the coaching staff alone. Why not go out and get a couple of free agents to fill in at those weak positions we have? We knew there was not way we could draft a completely new offensive line, so why not pick up a veteran o-lineman or two in the off-season?

This is what I lay directly at Herm's feet. Yes, CP has some say in it, but I am pretty sure that if Herm wanted a player like that, they would have done something to get them.

Oh, and I don't care how hard the guy works, how often he sleeps in the stadium. The truth is that it tells me the guy is in over his head if he has to do that. It is admirable the guy works hard to try and be competitive, but if that is what it takes for him to field a team like this, it makes me think even more that he does not have what it takes.

garciakcfan
09-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Hayvern I do agree with the FA's to come in and fill some holes. But if there is nothing there then we have to go about it through the draft... It also makes me really weary about plugging in free agents... Vermeil tried to do this and look at all the busts he had...

The last thing this team needs is more unknown with bringing in more coaches and im a firm believer in that... But if he doesnt get this team on the right track in another year or so then i'm right with everyone else calling for his head... But I would like to see this played out and us not jumping the gun too early

Hayvern
09-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Hayvern I do agree with the FA's to come in and fill some holes. But if there is nothing there then we have to go about it through the draft... It also makes me really weary about plugging in free agents... Vermeil tried to do this and look at all the busts he had...

The last thing this team needs is more unknown with bringing in more coaches and im a firm believer in that... But if he doesnt get this team on the right track in another year or so then i'm right with everyone else calling for his head... But I would like to see this played out and us not jumping the gun too early

Well lets be clear, there is no place to go this season, there is nothing that can be done. The option of getting Quinn is clearly dead and ultimately, would not have done anything to make us better this year.

I think the damage was done this last offseason. One thing I do not want to see happen is that we load the team up with all free agents, but addressing the weaknesses with free agents in the offseason is a good thing I think.

So, just so we all know, there is nothing about this season that can be changed, and while I go into each week with the optimism that anything CAN happen, I have to also understand that my favorite football team is not the team of 4 years ago.

Canada
09-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Why am I stupid because Im taking up for a coach that took over an aging team, is choosing to rebuild a franchise that at least I know I love for the future?? Because you are a whiny a$$ b!tch that wants a quick fix and cant get his way?? You think I enjoy watching my team get pounded??? Really??

Some members feel like they have friends when they can gang up on someone stating their opinions. We are just Homers ya know. We aren;t real fans.

tammietailgator
09-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Some members feel like they have friends when they can gang up on someone stating their opinions. We are just Homers ya know. We aren;t real fans.

:bananen_smilies046: The people that are ganging up are stat freaks that are unhappy about our team and want to beat a dead horse! They call themselves fans and they may be fans, I just don't want to hear the negativity .... I yell enough during the game!

If my kid is not doing well in a sport I would encourage him to do better, I would not tell him he sucks!

JUST MY OPINION! GO CHIEFS!!!!!!:yahoo:

wolfpack
09-23-2008, 05:17 PM
the queen has made the hunts money, no question about that. Clark needs to fire carl of gm duties but keep him around for other things. lets say bathroom cleaning, till his contract runs out. if they fire carl now,hermmie and his flunkies will feel the heat of a new gm now. most gm`s hire their own coaches anyways.

tammietailgator
09-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I am not sure about that. There was already rumors about Clark Hunt not favoring Carl Peterson last year, and that they have taken some responsibility away from him. They are saying the only reason Carl is still here is because Clark promised his father that he would let Carl finish his contract.

The radio people in KC are already pleading to make a change at GM after the season. The fan base opinion usually follows the media.

If the Chiefs finish 0-16, and you start seeing the Fire Carl or Herm signs by the next home game. Clark may pull the plug on Carl. If that happens, the New GM most likely will hire his own management and coaches.

Personally, it should have happened last year to let the new GM build his own team instead of picking the pieces two years after someone else started to build a different team.

My information may be wrong, but it is coming from two reliable sources... one being a close friend of the Hunts and the other having worked within the chiefs organization. You never know though... I am just going off of what I have been told.

Bike
09-24-2008, 08:48 AM
the packers area very young team as well same with the titans the bad part about this whole thing is that we are losing bad to teams that are not that good. the dolphins are rebuilding as well and look what they did yesterday. the more this goes on the longer it will set us back and i think that is were alot of the frustration is coming from the big picture is we are a team with some talent on a very long losing streak i am hoping as soon as we get that first win whenever that will be we can roll from there and as soon as our rookies get 6 to 7 games under their belt we will see a vast improvemant if not we are really in trouble
That is a really long sentence.

slc chief
09-24-2008, 09:27 AM
That is a really long sentence.

thanks bud

kcchiefs4life
09-24-2008, 10:21 AM
How bout we all just pool our money and buy the chiefs? Maybe then we could get the team up and running.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/30/sportsmoney_nfl08_Kansas-City-Chiefs_309072.html

Chief_kickingtale
09-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Lets look at the future?

Herm has to be done, along with Carl! The product on the field isn't good enough. Simple!

So, new GM, new Coach! I hope it is a hard nosed S.O.B. like Cower or Jack Del Rio.
A very young team that should have some talent in spots, Albert, Bo, Page, DJ, Dorsey, the corners,ect. Plus they get another draft, with the first pick, and you have enough cap room to get some key free agents. Starting at both sides of the LINE! That is how you build a team! At the Line. And all these new guys will learn from the coach and have a system that will work! WOW, they may actually play to win a game!!!!!!!

Seek
09-24-2008, 11:55 AM
My information may be wrong, but it is coming from two reliable sources... one being a close friend of the Hunts and the other having worked within the chiefs organization. You never know though... I am just going off of what I have been told.

Well you would have thought if the change was going to be made last year was the time to do it. Since Clark has allowed Herm to remain on the team for this year. It would be easy to assume that Clark is give him and CP the rest of their contract to see if they can turn it around.

I hope something happens to change that.

m0ef0e
09-24-2008, 12:33 PM

Vermiel's draft picks were busts. He was actually quite successful in free agency.

Bike
09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Well you would have thought if the change was going to be made last year was the time to do it. Since Clark has allowed Herm to remain on the team for this year. It would be easy to assume that Clark is give him and CP the rest of their contract to see if they can turn it around.

I hope something happens to change that.
Yep. But I don't see any changes, players or management, until after the season is over. There is just too many holes to fill to try to quick fix anything. CP and company made the personnel decisions that got us to this point, and they will face the consequences, but probably not till the off-season.
In earlier posts, I didn't want to trade for Quinn. After another loss to Atlanta, I was ready to bring him in-at any cost. Now I realize how foolish that would be. We need all the early draft picks we can get to build our Chiefs into a championship team. There is really no quick fix for this team at this point. Every game we play is more experience for our 1-2 year players.
I just wish we would had started this process 3 years ago after DV left.
I look to see some drastic improvement out of our young players, starting this sunday. Our lb's, Nap and Hali, need to seriously step up and stuff the Donks. Thomas should not be a mlb on this team. DJ needs his breakout year now. He needs a couple sacks to fire up these guys. Shouldn't have to constantly blitz Pollard to get to the qb.
I didn't expect our offense to be lights out this year, but I did expect better play on D. And I know they're on the field a lot, but its time for a gut check.
Its time for a win.
Chiefs beat Denver 24-17.

Bike
09-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Holy crap! Detroit just fired Millen!!
I guess you don't have to wait for off-season to fire president/gm!!
We have hope...

IlovetheChiefs
09-24-2008, 04:40 PM
Ah yes I see they did. But the article says he's been there since 2001 and the Lions are a horrible 31-84 since then. So even though the firing comes after just 3 games this season, he lasted a long time through 7 losing records in a row (including a 2-14 and two 3-13's).

nigeriannightmare
09-24-2008, 04:53 PM

The remnants of the team that Bill Parcells built, you forget that Bill Parcels built the Jets that made it to the playoffs, not HERM, He hasn't re-built any team. I hope you are right and Herm's philosophy will work... but I have a feeling history will repeat itself and we will be as inconsistent as the Jets were during his tenure. I don't want a couple of playoff wins....

Dyno-Mite
09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Firing Herm is straight out ridiculous.He brung us to the playoffs during his first year with us which was a great thing.A heavy burden was on him last season but we can't ponder on that because he made up for it during the draft.The Chiefs did have the best draft.Thanks Herm.Ok,if we go 0-16 then that's something else but it won't happen.Going 8-8 definitely will keep Herm with us.I know one thing after it is all said and done.Bring on the next draft!!!!!!:nnn:

kcchiefs4life
09-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Firing Herm is straight out ridiculous.He brung us to the playoffs during his first year with us which was a great thing.A heavy burden was on him last season but we can't ponder on that because he made up for it during the draft.The Chiefs did have the best draft.Thanks Herm.Ok,if we go 0-16 then that's something else but it won't happen.Going 8-8 definitely will keep Herm with us.I know one thing after it is all said and done.Bring on the next draft!!!!!!:nnn:
Look at the rest of our season. There is NO WAY we will finish 8-8. I would love it if we pulled something out and beat some big teams, but I don't see that happening. I love the chiefs and will always follow them, but its time to be honest and think about some changes. Herm does need to go, we need someone who can get the job done. Look at Herm's record in NY and you will see the same thing.

Bike
09-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Herm sucks a$$. Had 3 years to address OL, LB, and QB. Still gaping holes. Has lost 12 straight games. Play calling so predictible my 15 y/o daughter knows whats coming. Cover 2 blows.
Other than that, he's ok. Actually, I really like Herm as a person. Not all our problems stem from Herm.
My biggest gripe against Herm is that he doesn't instill winning attitude to his players. Its like they don't expect to win. His team needs to play more hungry. More mean. Just don't see it...yet. But when and if I do, I will take back 'Herm sucks a$$'.

Three7s
09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Have you seen this team play?

slc chief
09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
he needs to go or definantly rethink his strategies and most head coaches are too hard headed to do so and herm is one of them it's his way or no way and his way is not working i think he has totaly lost this team they are not playing for him he might make a good espn analyst though do it herm you know you want that job

Seek
09-25-2008, 09:26 AM

Herm made the playoffs using DV's talent. Everyone wanted DV to stay on one more year in hopes of taking the team to the superbowl, but he hung it up. Herm took a play off team and made the play offs using a back door thanks to the Donkies losing at home.

texaschief
09-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Everyone,

I am a die hard Chiefs fan. But this new "system" Herm has brought to the Chiefs is the goddamned worse thing I have ever seen in my life. He talks about being a hard nose type of guy...The defense is terrible. We cannot stop the run. We bring in Herm Edwards to a downright decent team and he turns them in to the worst team in the league. He says let's start Thigpen to give him a chance. Herm...you are a ****ing idiot. You don't bring in players and evaluate them during the regular season. You play the players that give you the best chance to win (AKA Huard). If someone steps up, THEN you play that person.

Herm Edwards is outright the worst coach I have ever seen in the NFL. Talk about drafting young people and making a team out of that. That has to be the most flawed argument ever. We have gotten ****pounded by the other two worst teams in the NFL and there is no chance we will win this season under the misdirection of Herm Edwards. I know he thinks he is a genius trading off people like Jared Allen for draft picks............Draft picks are just like gambling, and I refuse to have a coach that relies solely on draft picks.

Thigpen at one point in the game was 3/16 with two picks, and we still didn't see Huard. Herm, please learn that yes we do care about the future, but you have to win in the present as well. One of the greatest franchises in football has sunk to the same level that our beloved royals are at.

see, this is why i think there should be a min. post count before :sign0104: s can start new threads.

Bike
09-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Everyone,

Yeah, right moron. God has nothing to do with Herms' system here. Use his name in vein somewhere else.
Dumba$$.

hartelc
09-25-2008, 09:52 PM
I read a post with this same title last year early in the season, and here we are again. I don't understand what has happened to my team.

I have watched the chiefs since 1992. I liked vermeil even though he didn't win, at least he made fun games. these 3 seasons of edwards are getting worse every year. he is without a doubt the worst coach ever. he is not prepared, and cannot adjust in game at all.

It all started with the loss in the playoffs to the colts. yes the colts were good but everyone thought we would win because they couldn't stop the run. so they put nearly every defensive guy on the line of scrimmage and we run the entire game? trent green was good enough to throw the ball at least a little bit.

and then he's injured and we trade him. good job edwards. huard, croyle, and thigpen are a big improvement. huard is only good as a backup, reliable. he is not a long term qb starter at all. why did we pick a 5th round in croyle. should have been number one priority, either that or O line, neither of which was apparently.

4-12 is unacceptable, and starting seasons badly is par for the course for edwards.

the fact is he doesn't prepare, adjust, know the right prioritys, can't manage the clock (despite his claim on the importance of that), he overworks RBs, and flat out sucks.

typical plays:

3 and 1 - lets pass more than 60% of the time and fail
3 and 10 -lets draw or other type of run 60% of the type.

what an idiot.

anybody could do a better job that him, even someone who knows nothing about football. what a joke.

he has to go, and carl peterson should go with him if he doesn't change whats going on with this team. i watch every chiefs game and i can't watch games like this, it's just too atrocious. if he doesn't go i predict 0-16. i'm calling it right now, although im not the first to say so.

slc chief
09-25-2008, 09:57 PM
there is noway this team is going 0-16 i do not like what is going on either but that kind of talk is just depressing herm has lost this team i agree get rid of him i agree but 0-16 HELL NO

Canada
09-25-2008, 09:58 PM
there is noway this team is going 16-0 i do not like what is going on either but that kind of talk is just depressing herm has lost this team i agree get rid of him i agree but 16-0 HELL NO

Especially since we are already 0-3 although, I think it would be alright to 16-0. JMHO :bananen_smilies046:

slc chief
09-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Especially since we are already 0-3 although, I think it would be alright to 16-0. JMHO :bananen_smilies046:

hopefully nobody else caught that ah canada happy hour started early thank god for the edit button

Canada
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
hopefully nobody else caught that ah canada happy hour started early thank god for the edit button

I only get 24 happy hours a day. gotta take advantage when you can!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
09-25-2008, 10:08 PM
I only get 24 happy hours a day. gotta take advantage when you can!! :bananen_smilies046:
You started happy hour with out me? Well give me :bananen_smilies046: :beer: .

Sn@keIze
09-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Are you High? Did CP put you up to this?

I hope this is sarcasm.

Firing Herm may be ridiculous.......but only because that would be too nice.

Cmon man, worst KC streak ever........I hold this org to a lil higher standard.

IlovetheChiefs
09-26-2008, 11:15 AM

Well we can go 16-0 the rest of the season. 13 wins to finish 13-3. Then 2 AFC playoff victories, then the Super Bowl.

CHIEFS #1 !!

Canada
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Well we can go 16-0 the rest of the season. 13 wins to finish 13-3. Then 2 AFC playoff victories, then the Super Bowl.

CHIEFS #1 !!

Post of the Season!! :bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
09-26-2008, 11:54 AM

CHIEFS #1 !!
I like the why you think! Congrats on this awesome 1000th post!!!

m0ef0e
09-26-2008, 02:29 PM

CHIEFS #1 !!

Excellent idea. I fully endorse this. We should proceed immediately.

IlovetheChiefs
09-26-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey thanks guys, glad I made the 1000th a goodie!

Hayvern
09-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Herm calls the same damn running play twice trying to get into the end zone? That is why he has to go.

doomsday
09-29-2008, 12:39 AM
The system is fine. The players have not executed it up until todays game, and they must continue to improve on that if they want to stay competitive. The philosophy is sound.

Hayvern
09-29-2008, 02:00 AM
The system is fine. The players have not executed it up until todays game, and they must continue to improve on that if they want to stay competitive. The philosophy is sound.

Herm called the same play twice while tryign to get into the endzone. The way the play was executed it was clear what was going to happen when they snapped the ball. When you line up the pro-bowl tight end behind the tackle, you know that an off-tackle running play is going to be called.

He did this twice and had to settle for a field goal. That kind of play calling is what is killing this team. It might be unpopular to say it, but it is true, and one win does not change it.

Big Daddy Tek
09-29-2008, 02:45 AM
Herm called the same play twice while tryign to get into the endzone. The way the play was executed it was clear what was going to happen when they snapped the ball. When you line up the pro-bowl tight end behind the tackle, you know that an off-tackle running play is going to be called.

He did this twice and had to settle for a field goal. That kind of play calling is what is killing this team. It might be unpopular to say it, but it is true, and one win does not change it.
Hey Doomsday, you could say whatever you want about the Chiefs. If its not badmouthing them over a great win then Hayvern doesnt want to hear it. LJ sucks, Herm sucks, The Chiefs suck. Go everybody else. Right Vern?

Hayvern
09-29-2008, 02:53 AM
Hey Doomsday, you could say whatever you want about the Chiefs. If its not badmouthing them over a great win then Hayvern doesnt want to hear it. LJ sucks, Herm sucks, The Chiefs suck. Go everybody else. Right Vern?

You do not know me and clearly you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

On two seperate occasions I have traveled over 1700 miles to attend a Chiefs home game, and on both occasions they lost. If I could afford it, I will travel EVERY weekend to a game and see them play. I am going to the Chiefs, Chargers game in San Diego this year as well. You know nothing about me or how much I like the Chiefs, having said that, I am also entitled to my opinion about how this team is playing or how they are not playing.

I know a lot of people do not like negativity on this board, apparently you are one of them. I think today's game was great and am happy for the win, but that is just one win and Herm has a long way to go to prove to me and aa huge number of other Chief's fans that he is worthy of being a coach at this level.

As for Johnson, he gets a little easier road, he is starting to prove his worth again, if he can continue and show some leadership on this team, then he will win me over, but his actions of late do not give him an automatic free pass.

Seek
09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Can someone explain to me why Herm waited for the play clock to run down to 01, before calling a time out in the 2nd quarter with like 10 minutues still on the clock when it was 3rd and 7. Then the Chiefs run another stupid HB screen to J. Charles for another nil gain after the time out.

Hayvern
09-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Can someone explain to me why Herm waited for the play clock to run down to 01, before calling a time out in the 2nd quarter with like 10 minutues still on the clock when it was 3rd and 7. Then the Chiefs run another stupid HB screen to J. Charles for another nil gain after the time out.

Umm, no

Seriously though, it felt to me like a play where all the receivers were covered and Huard dumped it off to the safety valve

Seek
09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Umm, no

Seriously though, it felt to me like a play where all the receivers were covered and Huard dumped it off to the safety valve

It is not a safety valve when their is line men supposedly blocking for him. It specifically isn't a good play when it was the 5th time they tried it.

m0ef0e
09-29-2008, 12:26 PM

I don't like that play, either... waaay too obvious. However, a couple of times I saw them go away from Tony's side on that play, trying to get the donkeys to over-commit. I still don't think it's a very good play, tho. That toss is our bread and butter right now.

greg3564
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM

Wow, pop a Valium. I was thrilled we won. Am I suddenly a Herm lover now? No. Why? He's so inconsistent it's not even funny. How is it we demolished a team like Denver at home, but then get our @sses handed to us at home by the Raiders? But that's how all of Herm's teams have been as a head coach. No consistency at all. He still needs to be shown the door along with Carl.

Brenjetfan
09-29-2008, 05:34 PM
I remember those threads on jetnation...lol...I feel your pain!

:bananen_smilies046:

chief31
09-30-2008, 06:14 AM
Fine. Let's all pay homage to the mighty 1-3 record that Herm has this season.

He took a good team in NY and ran it into the ground. Now he has run this team into the ground.

But, since The Donkos sucked a55 on Sunday, suddenly he is a good caoch?

He is a career loser, who takes good teams and finds a way to get high draft picks with them.

if your team goal is to become the '90s Bengals, then Herm is the guy to lead the way. Just stick with him.