PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City Chiefs - the Herm Edwards Downhill Slide.

Quarum
09-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Now that the Chiefs have lost 12 regular season games in a row, I thought everyone would like to see the Herm Edwards Downhill Slide.
Last Game Won
KC 12 @ OAK 10 - 10/21/2007
KC Herm Edwards Downhill Slide - 12 Regular Season Game Loss Streak
GB 33 @ KC 22 - 11/4/07
DEN 27 @ KC 11 - 11/11/07
KC 10 @ IND 13 - 11/18/07
OAK 20 @ KC 17 - 11/25/07
SD 24 @ KC 10 - 12/2/07
KC 7 @ DEN 41 - 12/9/07
TEN 26 @ KC 17 - 12/16/07
KC 20 @ DET 25 - 12/23/07
KC 10 @ NYJ 13 - 12/30/07
Start 2008 Regular Season
KC10 @ NE 17 - 9/7/08
OAK 23 @ KC 8 - 9/14/08
KC 14 @ ATL 38 - 9/21/08

http://www.allaroundkc.com/pics/kcc.jpg

Ryfo18
09-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Best post ever. Too bad the Chiefs organization isn't a democracy...Who was the last QB that led us to a win???? Huard. **** the young guys who "need playing time to be good." They are garbage.

Quarum
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
You are correct. Huard went 16/37 in passing with 177 yards and 1 interception. Larry Johnson rushed for 112 yards.

texaschief
09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
that's what happens when you rebuild and why you don't see too many franchises rebuilding this way. this is a "win now" league. franchises don't want to rebuild teams the correct way anymore because they are worried about losing in ticket sales. (which is what you hear a lot already from KC fans) coaches don't have security to build teams the right way anymore. rebuilding this team with rookies thru the draft is the right way to build a team.

I don't care if CP goes, but i hope Edwards gets the chance to take advantage of the players he brought to this franchise when they become good/great NFL players.

Say what you want about this team, i think the Chiefs could very possibly be 3-0 if Croyle is under center all three games.

Ryfo18
09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Say what you want about this team, i think the Chiefs could very possibly be 3-0 if Croyle is under center all three games.

Right....Just like he went 0-9 last year and you say he could go 3-0. The fact is, he is garbage and should not be a starting QB. He's had his chances...10 of them actually. IN THE NFL IF YOU CAN'T WIN A GAME, YOU NEED TO GO. I'm not gonna sit and wait for him to develop his game.

Quarum
09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Well no matter what happens - remember the words of our great coach Herm!

"get over it"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160251

texaschief
09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Right....Just like he went 0-9 last year and you say he could go 3-0. The fact is, he is garbage and should not be a starting QB. He's had his chances...10 of them actually. IN THE NFL IF YOU CAN'T WIN A GAME, YOU NEED TO GO. I'm not gonna sit and wait for him to develop his game.

who WOULD you wait for?

Quarum
09-21-2008, 05:54 PM
I think Herm wants us to go 0-16 this year so he can draft a QB next year unless he is fired - that is unless he is that sweet on Carl.

Ryfo18
09-21-2008, 05:59 PM
who WOULD you wait for?

I'm not waiting for anyone. Huard is the best QB that gives us a chance to win. He's on the team. As far as I'm concerned, he should be playing...Why shouldn't he? He's 9-7 in games that he starts with the Chiefs. We're starting a guy who can't throw an accurate pass. Croyle sucks *** too. I'm not going to wait for a QB to develop. Croyle has had 12 games to do that and hasn't shown any improvement.

If you don't like Huard, trade for Garcia. Please my fellow Chiefs fans realize that Croyle and Thigpen do not give us a chance to win.

texaschief
09-21-2008, 06:02 PM
i doubt the Chiefs draft a QB in the first round, even if they have the top pick. there just won't be that big time QB in next year's draft.

I love Tebow but it seems like there is concern with him making the transition to the NFL.

I like Stafford, but he's not a top 5 pick.

Daniel is one inch taller than Hagans... no thank you.

So, there aren't too many options with that top 5 pick as far as QBs go. I think you'll see a DE, OL or LB taken with the Chiefs top pick. They'll probably go with a QB with their next pick whether they can move back into the first or whether its in the 2nd.

texaschief
09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm not waiting for anyone. Huard is the best QB that gives us a chance to win. He's on the team. As far as I'm concerned, he should be playing...Why shouldn't he? He's 9-7 in games that he starts with the Chiefs. We're starting a guy who can't throw an accurate pass. Croyle sucks *** too. I'm not going to wait for a QB to develop. Croyle has had 12 games to do that and hasn't shown any improvement.

If you don't like Huard, trade for Garcia. Please my fellow Chiefs fans realize that Croyle and Thigpen do not give us a chance to win.

Are you kidding? I'm not saying i'm sold on Croyle, but he's the best QB on the team. Huard is awful. PERIOD. At some point, the Chiefs are going to have to develop a QB. Might as well be in the next couple years when they're not expected to win anyway.

wolfpack
09-21-2008, 06:21 PM
going young is great but we went to far. they should have spent some of that 30 mil on some vets. as far as a qb, spend the money next year and get a vet. anything is better than what we have.And as a side note,,,,FIRE CARL AND HERM! get a coach that knows what he is doing.

teamcool68
09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
i'm curious.. the people that keep saying huard is the qb that gives this team the best chance to win... are we watching the same offense?

thigpen made/makes terrible throws, but do you really think huard brings anything to this offense other than more completions coupled with many more sacks?

tornadospotter
09-21-2008, 06:28 PM

He can not even make it thru one half of a game, he is brittle, he can not move. So he is our best chance at winning this year. BS! Yes Thig needs some work, but this was his first ever NFL start! He also made it thru the game with out getting hurt!

Bike
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Ingles' turn!

tornadospotter
09-21-2008, 06:32 PM
Ingles' turn!
Might be!

texaschief
09-21-2008, 06:58 PM
going young is great but we went to far. they should have spent some of that 30 mil on some vets. as far as a qb, spend the money next year and get a vet. anything is better than what we have.And as a side note,,,,FIRE CARL AND HERM! get a coach that knows what he is doing.

I saving money on FAs last year was a good move. At least we aren't stuck with a bunch of bad contracts for players who are taking up playing time so our young guys can't develop. This winter might be more of the same. Although, i think you might see the Chiefs be a LITTLE more active in the market.

After this season, we'll have a better idea as to which of our young players can be a NFL starters. Then, we'll also have another full draft of rookies who will be able to step in and contribute. If the Chiefs can find some way to stock pile picks again and have a repeat performance in the 2009 draft as they did in 2008, then the Chiefs will be set up nicely in the spring of 2010 to get some real impact free agents to put this team in serious contention.

The key though has to be QB. The Chiefs need to make a decision at QB. Croyle is not the answer right now for the Chiefs. They need a guy who can take a couple shots as this team develops. Like i said before, i think Tebow needs to be that guy for the Chiefs. He's mobile, built like a brick sh!# house and tall enough to see over his line while making the throws necessary to give his team a chance to win.

The Chiefs HAVE to find their QB of the future. They HAVE to find a guy to build their offense around. There just aren't too many franchise cornerstones on the free agent or trade markets. That's just a fact. You can say "we should go out and get a vet" all you want, but that's easier said then done. Take a look at the vets who are or will be available as free agents after this season and make a list of the QBs you would like to see as the cornerstone of this team for the next decade. Then, we can have a serious dialogue about who we could/should sign.

nigeriannightmare
09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
that's what happens when you rebuild and why you don't see too many franchises rebuilding this way. this is a "win now" league. franchises don't want to rebuild teams the correct way anymore because they are worried about losing in ticket sales. (which is what you hear a lot already from KC fans) coaches don't have security to build teams the right way anymore. rebuilding this team with rookies thru the draft is the right way to build a team.

I don't care if CP goes, but i hope Edwards gets the chance to take advantage of the players he brought to this franchise when they become good/great NFL players.

Are you related to Herm? What teams has he rebuilt, what are those credentials, how is that Herm is the one and only coach that knows how to rebuild. If we were going to blow this team and start fresh, then start with a new coach, one with little or no head coaching experience but has the mental capacity and potential to turn this thing around. Please I need to know why you think Herm can do it, what has he ever done as a coach that warrants his praise. How many more losing seasons need there be?

Quarum
09-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Herm started his Head Coaching career in 2001 with the Jets. If you look at his wins over the last 7 years now, you can see that he is a rollercoaster.

His first year with the Jets they won 10 games - his last year they only won 4 games. Now with KC all he has managed to do is to slide down to winning nothing so far this year.

KC has only gotten worse under Herm - time for him to move on. But thats only my opinion as I am sure he and Carl Peterson are close since Herm worked for the Chiefs from 1990-1995 as a scout and a defensive back coach.

http://www.allaroundkc.com/pics/herm.jpg

Seek
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM

Not a chance. The Chiefs were already losing with Croyle in against the Pats. It was Huard who turned that game around.

The Raiders just killed us in every aspect of the game except for passing. They made our offensive line look stupid.

Croyle may have won the game yesterday, assuming he didn't get hurt on the opening sack. Thigpen took a bigger hit on that play than the one that hurt Croyle.