PDA

View Full Version : Thigpen aint it so...

5xchamps
09-22-2008, 02:36 AM
what about tim rattay?

slc chief
09-22-2008, 10:41 AM
i think we should have gotten simms while he was available for some quick patchwork untill next years draft

Seek
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
i think we should have gotten simms while he was available for some quick patchwork untill next years draft

Why not play Huard then? Herm isn't interested in patch work. He is seeing what Croyle and Thigpen have otherwise the injury to Huard wouldn't have happened. I saw the supposed hit on hurad again yesterday. Huard didn't even make a grimace after that hit. Explains why Huards, Thigpen's and Herm's stories are not matching up after last weeks game.

zro2gon
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
there were plenty of qb's we could have picked up...who knows what their mindset is...its definitely not rebuilding this team for the better..they sure are losing plenty of money and fans over all this...hopefully hits them where it hurts so something will be done

Seek
09-22-2008, 03:01 PM
there were plenty of qb's we could have picked up...who knows what their mindset is...its definitely not rebuilding this team for the better..they sure are losing plenty of money and fans over all this...hopefully hits them where it hurts so something will be done

The point being, it is clear what their mindset is. It is all about rebuilding. The fans won't leave. If you don't believe that look at the Royals. It takes a .500 season for the fans to fill the seats and they have blown for years.

If said fans decide to leave the Chiefs, they probably weren't really die hard fans to start with, and there will be just as many band wagon fans to return once the team gets going again.

DaBlueGuy
09-23-2008, 04:17 PM

Why bother. let Thigpen get some experience until Croyle is ready, then go with Croyle until he proves he's not the guy or gets hurt again. Why we want old never were's like Huard or rattay to start I'll never understand.

TRB05
09-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Why bother. let Thigpen get some experience until Croyle is ready, then go with Croyle until he proves he's not the guy or gets hurt again. Why we want old never were's like Huard or rattay to start I'll never understand.

Best first post ever. Please stick around.

Coach
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Rattay is better than anyone on our roster currently. But what's the point. He's not something you can build around.

rbedgood
09-24-2008, 12:28 AM
Rattay is better than anyone on our roster currently. But what's the point. He's not something you can build around.

Yeah, but I'd argue that a rebuilding team should bring in a guy like Rattay that would be a great #2 if you brought in a young guy or made a run at a Carson Palmer in the next offseason.

Coach
09-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Carson Palmer in a Chiefs uniform puts a huge smile on my face. That would be incredible. Then spend additional money in free agency shoring up o-line. We could then use the draft to build a lock down defense.

Bike
09-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Carson Palmer in a Chiefs uniform puts a huge smile on my face. That would be incredible. Then spend additional money in free agency shoring up o-line. We could then use the draft to build a lock down defense.
Yeah but is it doable. I don't think Cincy would ever let him out, no matter how disgruntled he is...

Three7s
09-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah but is it doable. I don't think Cincy would ever let him out, no matter how disgruntled he is...
I don't think it is. Remember all of the craziness that happened with Chad Johnson in the off-season? He's still with them.

rbedgood
09-24-2008, 10:41 PM

...I dunno, TO has forced his way out of a few teams, so has Randy Moss. I can't remember a top QB pulling it off, but other players have. Charles Haley managed it before the salary cap era in the late 80s/early 90s.

Dyno-Mite
09-25-2008, 03:59 PM
Thigpen and Rattay suck.I'll let Damon get the entire work until CRoyle comes back.Damon is better than Thigpen,Rattay and also Simms put together.

slc chief
09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
what about sage rosenfels that plays for the texans he is young has an arm and has won in this league we would not have to give up as much for him

TRB05
09-25-2008, 10:32 PM
So, I've read this thread a bunch of times, and never knew what the hell the title meant. Now I get it. It should read "Thigpen aint it....so.... What happened to capital letters and periods and commas? It's really hard to read these posts without them sometimes.

tornadospotter
09-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Thigpen and Rattay suck.I'll let Damon get the entire work until CRoyle comes back.Damon is better than Thigpen,Rattay and also Simms put together.
Damon better be able to survive a game first! Thig made it thru a entire game with out injury!

slc chief
09-25-2008, 10:53 PM
i agree huard should get the start but he is like a sitting duck back there no awareness of the pocket collapsing at all but then again a sack is better than a pick

greg3564
09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
i agree huard should get the start but he is like a sitting duck back there no awareness of the pocket collapsing at all but then again a sack is better than a pick

A sitting duck with knee braces. :11:

Keep Thigpen in there and let's see if he's our future number 2 or 3. Huard can't last more than a game or two back to back. Saw that last season and we've already seen that trend this season. He's old(not knocking old guys) and he's not going to recover from injuries as quickly. And we've seen the O line isn't any better than last year and we have to have a QB who can run for his life, uh, I mean scramble.

tornadospotter
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Yes, but he is getting all the work with the one's, he gets hurt Thig is back in with less work with the one's in practice. Huard has been around enought to be prepared to come in and play. I just hope Huard can play well and not get hurt.

Canada
09-25-2008, 11:31 PM

I think Huard is quite aware of the pocket collapsing around him, he just can't do anything about it. I have seen him hobble for a few first downs and I gotta give the guy credit for standing in the and at least trying to deliver the ball. But like someone else said. A sack is better than a pick! :bananen_smilies046: