PDA

View Full Version : Whining

greg3564
09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
So some, who shall remain nameless, are saying some of us fans are whining. They say we're down on our team. Look, I don't get all wishy washy and hop on the emotional bandwagon. I look at numbers, wins, loses and at the heart players have. So far, not too many of those things are real great. We have players who arguably maybe shouldn't even be playing, coaches who shouldn't be coaching and GM's who shouldn't be managing. The numbers so far are pretty dismal. Even the numbers against the Patriots are suspect after the pounding Miami just dished out to them.

NFL rankings

Offense

Points 30th
Yards 28th
Passing Yards 28th
Rushing Yards 16th

Defense

Points Allowed 25th
Yards Allowed 25th
Passing Yards Allowed 4th(Amazing, I know)
Rushing Yards Allowed 31st

Defensively we're ranked 25th overall.
Offensively we're ranked 28th overall.
Kicking we're ranked 32nd overall.
Field goals we're ranked 30th(3 way tie for last) overall.
kick returns we're ranked 19th overall.

garciakcfan
09-23-2008, 12:01 AM
Greg you are one of the most negative people i have ever, kind of, talked to in my life... You never have anything positive to say about the team you supposedly cheer for.... I was curious about your previous posts so I actually wasted 10 minutes of my life reading the garbage you post on this website.... All the way from march or something and I couldnt read it anymore and my assumption of you being a d-bag was true...

Heres a number for ya out of 75 posts maybe one was kind of positive and it was complimenting a thread.... Why do you like this team, "seriously"???? lol

Maybe you should start following bowling or something???

texaschief
09-23-2008, 12:08 AM
such is the life of a completely green team that's going thru a rebuild. i don't know if those numbers or rankings will be a whole lot better by the end of the season, but that will be the basis of judging this team... did they improve as the season progressed. if at the end of the season, those numbers and rankings are the same or even worse than they are now, my guess will be that management changes will be made.

It's just really hard to judge what this team is when you aren't stable at QB. If the Chiefs don't have 4 turnovers from their QB against the Falcons, do they still get blown out like that or even lose? I doubt it.

every team lives and dies with their QB. right now, the Chiefs are dying because they don't have a living QB. They have a statue and a D2 QB.

Those defensive numbers are skewed. You can't hope to have a stellar defense when they're back on the field every fifth play. Players just aren't conditioned for that. Couple that with the fact that your most experienced Dlineman is in his 3rd year, there are going to be a couple hiccups against the run. Tank and Dorsey are going to be studs on that line. They just need some playing time.

At this point in the season with an offense that was built around a particular QB and with that QB being hurt and the offense in shambles because of it, yeah... i would compare a lot of this current fan reaction to whining.

Over HALF of this team is either one, two or three years removed from college. They're not going to be full on NFL studs yet. That takes time.

Rebuilding a NFL franchise thru the draft is like being drunk. The only thing that is going to fix it is time.

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a better plan than the one being instilled in Kansas City. Any coach you bring in here is just going to keep doing what Herm is doing and build thru the draft. Any OC you bring in here is going to build an offense that a really young group of players can handle. If you try to insert the Al Saunders offense, this team is going to look even worse. Bill Cowher, Kiffin, Shottenheimer, etc... they are going to do the EXACT same thing that Edwards has done. They're going to dump bad contracts and bring in young players who need playing time.

So, yup. Whining is a good word here.

Three7s
09-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Greg you are one of the most negative people i have ever, kind of, talked to in my life... You never have anything positive to say about the team you supposedly cheer for.... I was curious about your previous posts so I actually wasted 10 minutes of my life reading the garbage you post on this website.... All the way from march or something and I couldnt read it anymore and my assumption of you being a d-bag was true...

Heres a number for ya out of 75 posts maybe one was kind of positive and it was complimenting a thread.... Why do you like this team, "seriously"???? lol

Because every post that every member makes absolutely MUST be positive and wreak of homerism in every way possible, even with the fact that there is almost NOTHING to be positive about in this season, and could even go 0-16!

garciakcfan
09-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Awesome f-ing post and the first freaking logical thing ive read in awhile... Ya know with all this *****ing and carrying on im actually excited to see my team grow into contenders and watch the maturation process...

Texas, I wish you would have come the the home opener bro

texaschief
09-23-2008, 12:15 AM
Awesome f-ing post and the first freaking logical thing ive read in awhile... Ya know with all this *****ing and carrying on im actually excited to see my team grow into contenders and watch the maturation process...

i thought about it. just didn't happen.

garciakcfan
09-23-2008, 12:17 AM
Because every post that every member makes absolutely MUST be positive and wreak of homerism in every way possible, even with the fact that there is almost NOTHING to be positive about in this season, and could even go 0-16!

Im not saying that everything should be positive I was just helpfully pointing out the guys faults as he does to everyone else. But back up what you say besides stupid things like, "fire herm" "herm sucks" "herm has bad play calling" how about some examples and logical thinking... Is that too much to ask from your little brain???

Three7s
09-23-2008, 12:20 AM
Texas, it's arguable that the Chiefs would at least have one win right now if we had Croyle. I can give you that, but these guys really needed to have a safety net under Croyle, the guy is injury-prone, plain and simple.

I'm not saying they should've drafted a top QB in last draft, though Herm clearly stated that he would've taken Dorsey over Ryan if they were both on the board, but how about taking one in one of the later rounds, just to have someone to fall on? Or pick up a FA? They say it isn't the move you make that pins you as a bad coach, but the one you don't make.

tammietailgator
09-23-2008, 12:20 AM

Your an awesome fan! I agree.... I will be there no matter what! I am also excited about seeing our team grow.... Herm is not going anywhere.... unless cowher comes in. We do need some help and some growth and maturing. We will do this and us fans will be well versed and our excitement will surpass all others!:yahoo:

greg3564
09-23-2008, 12:23 AM

Yawn. Maybe my posts have something to do with this team sucking @ss. If you go back to last season I had hope and praise for for this team. I was suspicious of the "rebuilding". It needs to be done. But when a team rebuilds, they are supposed to get somewhat better. We are, in my opinion, worse than we were last season.

I don't think it's the youth movement that's killing this team. Hell, I was, and still am, a supporter for Croyle. I think the kid has talent. But you can't throw him, or any other QB, to the wolves EVERY game and expect him to live up to any potential.

Edwards CAN'T COACH! He's inconsistent and can't coach a complete game. We were all told that Solari was to blame for last season. I didn't believe it one bit. And so far, I'm being proven right this season. A different OC, same crappy, predictable play calling. Herm has his hand in the cookie jar and is controlling the offensive play calling. We saw it last year and we're seeing it this year. He may be a good defensive coach, I don't think so, but he has no place in this league as a head coach.

And another thing garcia, if you can't participate in an adult conversation or refrain from the name calling, don't bother. What, are you like 12 years old?:iamwithstupid:

garciakcfan
09-23-2008, 12:28 AM
Sorry Im a chef and have worked in restaurants all my life name calling and ball busting is the name of the game.... Dont have such soft skin

All of your posts are whining about something and Im going to say something about it just like you choose to....But reading your posts definitely makes me question what kind of fan you really are... So deal with it

texaschief
09-23-2008, 12:33 AM
Texas, it's arguable that the Chiefs would at least have one win right now if we had Croyle. I can give you that, but these guys really needed to have a safety net under Croyle, the guy is injury-prone, plain and simple.

I'm not saying they should've drafted a top QB in last draft, though Herm clearly stated that he would've taken Dorsey over Ryan if they were both on the board, but how about taking one in one of the later rounds, just to have someone to fall on? Or pick up a FA? They say it isn't the move you make that pins you as a bad coach, but the one you don't make.

I have no doubt in my mind that Brodie Croyle is a NFL QB with a red practice jersey on. He can make all the throws, his reading and progressions have gotten better and he's mobile enough to buy time or scramble for a first down. Injuries are hard to predict. The Oline isn't great, but at the very least it's average. They weren't responsible for his injury. The rookie RB was (who coincidentally is better at blocking than the 6 year vet).

Injuries to QBs are so unpredictable. I agree that they should've had a contingency plan in place if Croyle went down, but if they brought in someone like, Garcia or Culpepper ect., if Croyle had had one bad game, the Chiefs faithful would've been clamoring for the guy behind Croyle. That's not a situation you want when you're trying to develop a franchise QB. Everyone knew what Huard was and nobody would've called for him. Thigpen is so much worse than Croyle, but we still had fans over the summer hoping he would supplant Croyle as the starter.

All the coaching staff really has to go on from Croyle are those games last year where he was playing behind that gawd awful line and this spring and summer. If Croyle was showing he was making all the right reads, throws, plays etc. during camp, then he deserved the shot to be THE GUY.

I think Croyle's history has shown that he's too fragile to be a franchise cornerstone. I think he could be a good backup. But again, you don't want your "franchise QB" to be looking over his back every time he makes a bad play... why do you think the Pack got rid of Favre? Because he was a bad QB? It was because they were going to develop Rogers and wanted to take that pressure off of him.

greg3564
09-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Sorry Im a chef and have worked in restaurants all my life name calling and ball busting is the name of the game.... Dont have such soft skin

All of your posts are whining about something and Im going to say something about it just like you choose to....But reading your posts definitely makes me question what kind of fan you really are... So deal with it

Oh, I'm so upset. Not! I'm a fan too, just not a homer fan like you. I don't believe that the team can do no wrong. I've been a fan through thick and thin since I was a kid. And as a fan I have the right to question what they hell they're doing. And I typically back up my posts with stats and facts. So obviously you haven't read many of them or choose to ignore those. I'm done with you unless you want to argue semantics about "winning seasons." Those are great, but I for one would like to see Championships.

Three7s
09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Well, then our best bet would've been to get a guy that would've been fine with being backup. Of course, I have no clue if anyone available would've been fine with that.

tammietailgator
09-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Oh, I'm so upset. Not! I'm a fan too, just not a homer fan like you. I don't believe that the team can do no wrong. I've been a fan through thick and thin since I was a kid. And as a fan I have the right to question what they hell they're doing. And I typically back up my posts with stats and facts. So obviously you haven't read many of them or choose to ignore those. I'm done with you unless you want to argue semantics about "winning seasons." Those are great, but I for one would like to see Championships.

Us Homers are the best.... and when it is done we will still be here! I got stats for you too... you want to hear them?

I have met Garcia.... you are out of line!

garciakcfan
09-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Yep you are right I am a HOMER!!! And damn proud of it too!!! Maybe YOU should look at your posts and you willl see what im talking about.

And as a "fan" you are entitled to "your" opinion

And as a "homer" I reserve the right to tell you, you should start watching bowling instead of chiefs football because you obviously cant handle it

texaschief
09-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Yawn. Maybe my posts have something to do with this team sucking @ss. If you go back to last season I had hope and praise for for this team. I was suspicious of the "rebuilding". It needs to be done. But when a team rebuilds, they are supposed to get somewhat better. We are, in my opinion, worse than we were last season.

I don't think it's the youth movement that's killing this team. Hell, I was, and still am, a supporter for Croyle. I think the kid has talent. But you can't throw him, or any other QB, to the wolves EVERY game and expect him to live up to any potential.

Edwards CAN'T COACH! He's inconsistent and can't coach a complete game. We were all told that Solari was to blame for last season. I didn't believe it one bit. And so far, I'm being proven right this season. A different OC, same crappy, predictable play calling. Herm has his hand in the cookie jar and is controlling the offensive play calling. We saw it last year and we're seeing it this year. He may be a good defensive coach, I don't think so, but he has no place in this league as a head coach.

And another thing garcia, if you can't participate in an adult conversation or refrain from the name calling, don't bother. What, are you like 12 years old?:iamwithstupid:

Right now, yeah. We are worse than what we were last season. The Chiefs are bad, but they're bad for different reasons than they were last season. Last season was a step backward that sent this franchise into a downward spiral. They went to the playoffs the year before and spent last season chasing fool's gold by starting Huard and signing LJ to a long term deal instead of trading his ***.

The Chiefs should've started Croyle last season so we could decide whether or not to take a QB in the draft. I blame that on CP. I think when you listen to his comments last season during Hard Knocks, you could tell he was the driving force behind starting Huard. That was a REALLY bad decision (kinda like the one not to draft any Olinemen while Vermeil was here).

What the Chiefs are going thru this year is what they should've done last year. Now, we're stuck with two REALLY horrible seasons instead of just one because of the decisions being made by Carl. I don't believe for one second that Herm wanted to start Huard last year. He wants to start every young player possible (just look at Thigpen). CP just thought he could squeeze one more winning season out of that old team. FAIL

The Chiefs are in the process of fixing all the problems in this organization personnel wise. But this team is just too young to quit on. IMO

Three7s
09-23-2008, 12:50 AM
It's just hard to imagine this team winning more than 2 games, and COULD go 0-16. Our schedule is much tougher than what we originally thought it would be.

Titans look like the old Colts, Panthers are a surprise, Bills look like they have a franchise QB in Edwards, and the Broncos have a "greatest show on earth" type offense. Let's face it, I thought we could beat the Titans and Bills before, and at least make it competitive against some of the others. Not good.

greg3564
09-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Right now, yeah. We are worse than what we were last season. The Chiefs are bad, but they're bad for different reasons than they were last season. Last season was a step backward that sent this franchise into a downward spiral. They went to the playoffs the year before and spent last season chasing fool's gold by starting Huard and signing LJ to a long term deal instead of trading his ***.

The Chiefs should've started Croyle last season so we could decide whether or not to take a QB in the draft. I blame that on CP. I think when you listen to his comments last season during Hard Knocks, you could tell he was the driving force behind starting Huard. That was a REALLY bad decision (kinda like the one not to draft any Olinemen while Vermeil was here).

What the Chiefs are going thru this year is what they should've done last year. Now, we're stuck with two REALLY horrible seasons instead of just one because of the decisions being made by Carl. I don't believe for one second that Herm wanted to start Huard last year. He wants to start every young player possible (just look at Thigpen). CP just thought he could squeeze one more winning season out of that old team. FAIL

The Chiefs are in the process of fixing all the problems in this organization personnel wise. But this team is just too young to quit on. IMO

And THAT is a good post. What I can't stand is when others start in on the name calling when there is a disagreement. Some, like you Texas, are level headed and can have a discussion. If this board were nothing but homer fans, how interesting would it really be?

hermhater
Yep you are right I am a HOMER!!! And damn proud of it too!!! Maybe YOU should look at your posts and you willl see what im talking about.

And as a "fan" you are entitled to "your" opinion

And as a "homer" I reserve the right to tell you, you should start watching bowling instead of chiefs football because you obviously cant handle it

:lol:

Rep dude!

garciakcfan
So some, who shall remain nameless, are saying some of us fans are whining. They say we're down on our team. Look, I don't get all wishy washy and hop on the emotional bandwagon. I look at numbers, wins, loses and at the heart players have. So far, not too many of those things are real great. We have players who arguably maybe shouldn't even be playing, coaches who shouldn't be coaching and GM's who shouldn't be managing. The numbers so far are pretty dismal. Even the numbers against the Patriots are suspect after the pounding Miami just dished out to them.

NFL rankings

Offense

Points 30th
Yards 28th
Passing Yards 28th
Rushing Yards 16th

Defense

Points Allowed 25th
Yards Allowed 25th

Prime example of what i'm talking about just look at your post, lol. The only positive number you have posted is followed up by a d-bag sarcastic remark.... Seriously and you wonder why I questioned your posts??

greg3564
09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
I have met Garcia.... you are out of line!

Lighten up! I don't know him or you and you don't know me. Isn't that why we're all tough guys with opinions on the internet? :sign0153:

greg3564
09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Prime example of what i'm talking about just look at your post, lol. The only positive number you have posted is followed up by a d-bag sarcastic remark.... Seriously and you wonder why I questioned your posts??

Are you still here?:funnypost:

YZILLA
09-23-2008, 12:56 AM
I have a great Idea for anyone who doesnt want to read the nagative crap spewing from Gregg anymore - Add him to your ignore list. Then when all he hears is crickets he might go do it somewhere else . I really think everyone is entitled to an opinion.And I am entitled not to listen to it any more ( Ignore ) .

tammietailgator
09-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Lighten up! I don't know him or you and you don't know me. Isn't that why we're all tough guys with opinions on the internet? :sign0153:

I pick the homers to win then!! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-23-2008, 12:57 AM
I have a great Idea for anyone who doesnt want to read the nagative crap spewing from Gregg anymore - Add him to your ignore list. Then when all he hears is crickets he might go do it somewhere else . I really think everyone is entitled to an opinion.And I am entitled not to listen to it any more ( Ignore ) .

he speaks truth :bananen_smilies046: :sign0098:

m0ef0e
09-23-2008, 01:00 AM
I pick the homers to win then!! :bananen_smilies046:

ive given out too much rep in the last 24 hours... :lol::mob: rep anyway... this means I win... (yea... i capitalized the i and put a lotta d...o...t...s... in this)...... :beer: :drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046:

greg3564
09-23-2008, 01:01 AM

Wonderful idea. The rest of us will have intelligent discussion.

Sn@keIze
09-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Greg posted FACTS!. If anybody disagrees w/ him then post your facts, not opinions.

The only facts you that all you happy goers have is that Carl Peterson has 1 playoff win in his 20 years of being here. And we have 1 SB since 1970!

I understand being positive, its okay. But for some of us:

Going to Arrowhead for fellow Chiefs fans isnt enough.

Going to "Watch" the Chiefs isnt enough. We must see them win! If not that, fight, scratch and claw....EVERY TIME!

Do any of you have children? Do you truly love him/her/them. Im a die hard Chiefs Fan, and have been since I could remember.......But because Im hard on the Chiefs.....that proves how much I love them.

Seek
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM

Every post in this thread created by you is whinning about a whinner. Ironic HUH... Your post had nothing intelligent in it other than bashing a person for constant whinning and negative post towards that person becuase he or she failed to bend over and take it in the arse the same as you.

Carl Peterson has been here for 20 years without a superbowl appearance. Lets all get in a circle jerk and sing Kumba Ya the fans who have had enough of losing the junk for wanting to win.

This team is a joke. When a group Raider fans can be an arse at arrowhead and get Chiefs fans thrown out. (which I witnessed in section 123 around row 15) There is issues. When there is Atlanta Fans pointing at Chiefs fans and just laughing. We have issues. When the Chiefs lose to the Lions. We have issues. When another team rebuilding like Miami destroys the Pats, we have issues.

Chiefs fans are allowed to get their pride hurt. They have a right to be upset with the 0-12 losing streak. Not everyone has to ignore reality and act like we will win the following week just because it is our team and we are playing the Broncos. Obvious, the person whinning is a fan or they wouldn't take the time to whine.

So please continue hating on a Chiefs fan for wanting more. It makes a lot of sense.

tornadospotter
09-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Greg posted FACTS!. If anybody disagrees w/ him then post your facts, not opinions.

The only facts you that all you happy goers have is that Carl Peterson has 1 playoff win in his 20 years of being here. And we have 1 SB since 1970!

I understand being positive, its okay. But for some of us:

Going to Arrowhead for fellow Chiefs fans isnt enough.

Going to "Watch" the Chiefs isnt enough. We must see them win! If not that, fight, scratch and claw....EVERY TIME!

Do any of you have children? Do you truly love him/her/them. Im a die hard Chiefs Fan, and have been since I could remember.......But because Im hard on the Chiefs.....that proves how much I love them.
Not defending cp but speaking of facts here you may want to review this.

Yes I am a Homer and damm proud of it.

Three7s
09-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Not defending cp but speaking of facts here you may want to review this.

Yes I am a Homer and damm proud of it.
15 years is close enough . :(

Hayvern
09-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Actually this is not so amazing and is a shining example of what is good about the Chiefs this year. With Page and Pollard both playing well, and Flowers showing why he was an awesome pick, our secondary is playing very very well. Surtain is still a liability, but I like the fact that we have an experienced veteran back there teaching these youngsters the ropes.

I would also attribute the secondary's success to the fact that Edwards was a cornerback. He knows more about the secondary, and I would say he knows more about defense as well. I have said before he would make a great defensive coordinator, but he is not head coach material and it shows.

Anyway, I don't think I would say that it is amazing our secondary is strong, I think that is the hope for the future on the field right now and is a glimmer of excitement for things to come.

Canada
09-23-2008, 04:01 PM

Boy, you kinda had me until you had to keep up the name calling. :lol:

rbedgood
09-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Actually this is not so amazing and is a shining example of what is good about the Chiefs this year. With Page and Pollard both playing well, and Flowers showing why he was an awesome pick, our secondary is playing very very well. Surtain is still a liability, but I like the fact that we have an experienced veteran back there teaching these youngsters the ropes.

I would also attribute the secondary's success to the fact that Edwards was a cornerback. He knows more about the secondary, and I would say he knows more about defense as well. I have said before he would make a great defensive coordinator, but he is not head coach material and it shows.

Anyway, I don't think I would say that it is amazing our secondary is strong, I think that is the hope for the future on the field right now and is a glimmer of excitement for things to come.

Not to burst your bubble Hayvern but I'd argue that the biggest reason your "passing yards allowed" ranking is so good is that opposing offenses have had very little need to pass the ball. If I can gain 7+ yards per carry I'll simply run the ball down your throat until forced to do otherwise. Additionally so far you've faced 1 quarter of Tom Brady, 3 quarters of Matt Cassel, 4 quarters of Jamarcus Russell, and 4 quarters of a rookie, (Matt Ryan). I'm sorry, but lets see what the passing rank looks like after Cutler, Delhome, Favre, Rivers and Brees have played against your defense. Not trying to be "Debbie Downer" (wa-wa-waaaaaahhh), but the teams you've faced so far have very strong running games and suspect passing games. Lets see what the secondary looks like in a few weeks. Going into the bye you face Cutler then Delhomme, following the bye you've got 3 of the next 5 games against solid passing teams (Jets, San Diego, & New Orleans).

Seek
09-23-2008, 04:12 PM

I would also say that we haven't been tested in the secondary because there is no need throw when Oakland gashes us for 300 yards rushing and Atlanta puts up 189.

We made Matt Cassell look like a pro-bowler, but that was a lot for Surtain and JOHN FREAKING MCGRAW.

Page and Pollard have been horrific in the run stop. I guess that happens though when your own line backers are blocking you. The long pass last week was just a joke.

I do like Flowers and Carr. They have been one bright spot this year. When they get beat, they are still close enough to make the play.

Three7s
09-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Not to burst your bubble Hayvern but I'd argue that the biggest reason your "passing yards allowed" ranking is so good is that opposing offenses have had very little need to pass the ball. If I can gain 7+ yards per carry I'll simply run the ball down your throat until forced to do otherwise. Additionally so far you've faced 1 quarter of Tom Brady, 3 quarters of Matt Cassel, 4 quarters of Jamarcus Russell, and 4 quarters of a rookie, (Matt Ryan). I'm sorry, but lets see what the passing rank looks like after Cutler, Delhome, Favre, Rivers and Brees have played against your defense. Not trying to be "Debbie Downer" (wa-wa-waaaaaahhh), but the teams you've faced so far have very strong running games and suspect passing games. Lets see what the secondary looks like in a few weeks. Going into the bye you face Cutler then Delhomme, following the bye you've got 3 of the next 5 games against solid passing teams (Jets, San Diego, & New Orleans).
Most of those teams have great running games, too. Broncos are going committee, but they're still averaging 130+ per game. Panthers have got DeAngelo Williams, Jets have Thomas Jones, we all know who the Chargers have, and the Saints have got the Deuce and Reggie Bush.

Looking through the schedule, just about every team has a solid running back, even if they have a suspect passing game, if we can't stop the run, we're in deep trouble.

nigeriannightmare
09-23-2008, 09:42 PM
every team lives and dies with their QB. right now, the Chiefs are dying because they don't have a living QB. They have a statue and a D2 QB.

I do believe the Ravens won the superbowl without living and dying by the quarterback. Trent Dilfer got lucky that he was on team with one of the best defenses the NFL has seen....

Canada
09-23-2008, 09:46 PM
I do believe the Ravens won the superbowl without living and dying by the quarterback. Trent Dilfer got lucky that he was on team with one of the best defenses the NFL has seen....

True, but they had Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis running the ball. Their offense was not as bad that year as everyone seems to think it was.

rbedgood
09-24-2008, 12:14 AM
True, but they had Priest Holmes and Jamal Lewis running the ball. Their offense was not as bad that year as everyone seems to think it was.

They also had Mushmouth at TE and a young Brandon Stokely. They didn't move the ball much on offense, but they could at times.

Sn@keIze
09-24-2008, 06:40 AM
plus they had the Best Defense in the history of SB appearances.

nigeriannightmare
09-24-2008, 03:56 PM

Point taken. Good line, running game, and great defense, no need for a franchise quarterback there are other ways to win.