PDA

View Full Version : Let's have fun (Coaching)

texaschief
09-23-2008, 01:21 AM
Alright, now coaching. So many people here HATE Herm Edwards. Fine. Give us some serious thoughts on who would be a better replacement. If you don't like Edwards, you're not going to like Cowher, Kiffin, Dungee, L. Smith, etc. So, let's come up with some better names and why they would bring to the Chiefs that is so much better than Edwards.

Who would you bring in to build an offense around this VERY YOUNG team?

Who would you bring in to keep building this defense?

McLovin
09-23-2008, 07:59 AM
Alright, now coaching. So many people here HATE Herm Edwards. Fine. Give us some serious thoughts on who would be a better replacement. If you don't like Edwards, you're not going to like Cowher, Kiffin, Dungee, L. Smith, etc. So, let's come up with some better names and why they would bring to the Chiefs that is so much better than Edwards.

Who would you bring in to build an offense around this VERY YOUNG team?

Who would you bring in to keep building this defense?

As much as I hate to say it I would like to see Kirk Ferentz come up from the Hawkeyes, I am a huge Hawkeye fan and dont want to lose Ferentz but they may be able to get another great coach and the Chiefs could sure use his talent and vision. Although things are far different from college to the Pros.

texaschief
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
As much as I hate to say it I would like to see Kirk Ferentz come up from the Hawkeyes, I am a huge Hawkeye fan and dont want to lose Ferentz but they may be able to get another great coach and the Chiefs could sure use his talent and vision. Although things are far different from college to the Pros.

Very few coaches make the jump as you pointed out. I think the Chiefs need a guy who has at least some kind of track record in the pros.

But, if we had to go college, how about Les Miles?

TRB05
09-23-2008, 01:38 PM
Dick LeBeau - Defensive Coordinator from Pittsburgh. He always has that unit at the top of the league in Defense.

Others - Jim Johnson from the Eagles or Greg Manusky from the 49ers, he seems to have turned them into a decent D with lots of youth.

rbedgood
09-23-2008, 01:53 PM
...or you could wait a few weeks and grab Lane Kiffin. There is a history of x-Raider coaches going to a division opponent and having lots of success. Not to mention "The Rat" or his team (Donkeys)...but I do think Lane Kiffin could have a good future in the NFL, and he's done a good job with the patchwork pieces and lack of control he has in Oakland.

m0ef0e
09-23-2008, 01:56 PM
I hate to say it but I was thinking Kiffin as well. Wow... Just wow... That would blow my mind if we dumped Herm and hired the crappy faders coach to replace him mid-season. My head may explode! It'll never happen, tho.

rbedgood
09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
I hate to say it but I was thinking Kiffin as well. Wow... Just wow... That would blow my mind if we dumped Herm and hired the crappy faders coach to replace him mid-season.

...just think of it as an opportunity to slap Al Davis in the face. :D

texaschief
09-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I like Kiffin. I hate that he's in Oakland. If he were given control of that team, they'd be really good. Thank God for Al Davis!!

But, i gotta tell you. If you hate Herm, you'll hate Kiffin. Kiffin even came out recently and said he agrees whole heartedly with what the Chiefs are trying to do and basically said that Herm was doing the right things in Kansas City.

Just thought y'all should know.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
09-23-2008, 06:14 PM
TRUST ME IM A HAWKEYE FAN AND I HAVE HATED FERENTZ FOR A LONG TIME I DONT THINK HE IS THAT GOOD OF A COACH! WE HAVE BE TO SOME ****TY BOWLGAME BECAUSE OF HIM! JMO

Canada
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Canada and Coach could take this team to the SB.

m0ef0e
09-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I like Kiffin. I hate that he's in Oakland. If he were given control of that team, they'd be really good. Thank God for Al Davis!!

But, i gotta tell you. If you hate Herm, you'll hate Kiffin. Kiffin even came out recently and said he agrees whole heartedly with what the Chiefs are trying to do and basically said that Herm was doing the right things in Kansas City.

Except Kiffin seems to be making more progress-- even while being shackled by Al.

royalswin100games
09-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Dick LeBeau - Defensive Coordinator from Pittsburgh. He always has that unit at the top of the league in Defense.

Others - Jim Johnson from the Eagles

I like both these guys for the head coaching position.

I think Alex Van Pelt could be a good O cord at one point. He's got Trent Edwards playing well in Buffalo.

Todd Bowles would be my pick for D cord if LeBeau was HMFIC. Both know 3-4 and can make average linebackers look good.

greg3564
09-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Mack Brown from the University of Texas. But I'm too selfish to let a head coach with a 102-25 Big 12 record and a National Championship leave. :D

Coach
09-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Canada and Coach could take this team to the SB.
And we'll for work for cheap.

Cowher would be my first choice just based on track record. I don't want a college coach. I'd prefer someone that has NFL experience. It seems like the college coaches have not worked out very well.

rbedgood
09-24-2008, 12:30 AM

You have to read through the politics there. He knows his term as a Raiders coach isn't likely to last long, and he'll be looking for an NFL coordinator job before the next head coaching job comes around. Can't burn any bridges.

texaschief
09-25-2008, 03:20 PM
So, basically the best this board can come up with are the obvious? Cowher and Kiffin?

Come on guys.

Canada
09-25-2008, 05:44 PM
...and Canada and Coach. Pay Attention man!

royalswin100games
09-25-2008, 06:50 PM
So, basically the best this board can come up with are the obvious? Cowher and Kiffin?

Come on guys.

Read my post up there^^^.