PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brohm

balto
09-24-2008, 06:17 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/9/23/620137/the-qb-who-should-be-on-ou

Talks about our best way to get a QBOTF. I like Brohm and always have, but I think we could get him for Surtain, Huad, and MAYBE switch our 2nd rounders BUT NOT first like this guy says.

Hell I think Straight up trade for Surtain and Huad, I mean Brohm did get beat out by a 7th rounder of teh SAME draft class. SO teh packs would be loosing there 3rd stringer.

What you think?

rbedgood
09-24-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2008/9/23/620137/the-qb-who-should-be-on-ou

Talks about our best way to get a QBOTF. I like Brohm and always have, but I think we could get him for Surtain, Huad, and MAYBE switch our 2nd rounders BUT NOT first like this guy says.

Hell I think Straight up trade for Surtain and Huad, I mean Brohm did get beat out by a 7th rounder of teh SAME draft class. SO teh packs would be loosing there 3rd stringer.

What you think?

My thought is wait until next year, keep your draft picks, and go after Matt Cassell in free agency. He's due to be a free agent, the Pats will have Brady back as the starter, and no way is Cassell going to sign to be a backup again when a half dozen starting jobs are going to present themselves (Chiefs, Vikings, maybe San Francisco, Cincy if Palmer gets out like he wants, Tampa is always looking for a QB, Detroit possibly, St Louis possibly and who knows is Favre will return next year in NY)

The Pats can't 'franchise tag' a backup, so essentially he'll be able to go as a free agent, and if the Chiefs can land a few top linemen in the draft I think they could turn the team around in one season. The defense would look a lot better if the offense was controlling the clock 35+ minutes a game...and of all those teams, KC might be in the best salary cap position thus could outbid the others for Cassell without breaking the bank.

texaschief
09-25-2008, 02:58 PM
My thought is wait until next year, keep your draft picks, and go after Matt Cassell in free agency. He's due to be a free agent, the Pats will have Brady back as the starter, and no way is Cassell going to sign to be a backup again when a half dozen starting jobs are going to present themselves (Chiefs, Vikings, maybe San Francisco, Cincy if Palmer gets out like he wants, Tampa is always looking for a QB, Detroit possibly, St Louis possibly and who knows is Favre will return next year in NY)

The Pats can't 'franchise tag' a backup, so essentially he'll be able to go as a free agent, and if the Chiefs can land a few top linemen in the draft I think they could turn the team around in one season. The defense would look a lot better if the offense was controlling the clock 35+ minutes a game...and of all those teams, KC might be in the best salary cap position thus could outbid the others for Cassell without breaking the bank.

call me crazy, but i'm not willing to build this franchise around Matt Cassel. If he's here as a "stop gap," that defeats the efforts the Chiefs will be putting forth trying to build this team thru youth because whoever the young QBOTF is, will be years behind this team when they are finally ready to compete. This is the year the Chiefs HAVE to find their franchise QB. They're already two years behind and can't afford to waste another year waiting to develop a QB.

rbedgood
09-26-2008, 12:18 AM
TX,

You're not crazy. My philosophy is that you don't need a stud QBOTF if you have the right team around a better than average QB. I like Cassell for a guy who has little experience. I think he will be a starter in this league and I'd rather see you guys use your top pick for a stud O-linemen that would push Albert back into the interior line, once again giving you a dominating line rather than a mediocre to poor one. My philosophy would be to solve the problems in the trenches first.

texaschief
09-26-2008, 01:00 AM
TX,

You're not crazy. My philosophy is that you don't need a stud QBOTF if you have the right team around a better than average QB. I like Cassell for a guy who has little experience. I think he will be a starter in this league and I'd rather see you guys use your top pick for a stud O-linemen that would push Albert back into the interior line, once again giving you a dominating line rather than a mediocre to poor one. My philosophy would be to solve the problems in the trenches first.

I honestly haven't seen anything from Albert to think he can't handle the LT position. If Albert can stay there, it would be more advantageous to spend that high pick on another position, QB/DE/LB rather than another OL. You can pick up a stud Guard or RT in the 2nd or 3rd round. I think spending two high 1st round picks on two LTs would be overkill... even if Albert can play another position.

I don't like the idea AT ALL of spending a top 15 pick on a guard. Because, that's basically what it would boil down to. I just think you could much better value with that high of a pick than spending it on a position that you could fill later in the draft.

tornadospotter
09-26-2008, 01:28 AM
:sign0153: is sad is we are talking about the next draft, already, and the season just got started. We suck for sure, no reason to watch anymore, we are playing to win the draft now for sure, guess I will stick my head back down into the sand, and F that, I do not want a low pick in the first round, I want this team to start playing to win! I want cp out! I want this rebuilding to go faster, I want in the playoffs, I want to win in the playoffs, and I want a Super Bowl win!!!!!!!!!! cp needs to go, facts are, we should not be rebuilding, but always retooling........... Herm has done well in draft so far, but I do not see the passion to win, at least DV had that. Much that our problems now are from the cp/DV time, at least DV was always playing to win, not playing to lose.

Three7s
09-26-2008, 02:35 AM
:sign0153: is sad is we are talking about the next draft, already, and the season just got started. We suck for sure, no reason to watch anymore, we are playing to win the draft now for sure, guess I will stick my head back down into the sand, and F that, I do not want a low pick in the first round, I want this team to start playing to win! I want cp out! I want this rebuilding to go faster, I want in the playoffs, I want to win in the playoffs, and I want a Super Bowl win!!!!!!!!!! cp needs to go, facts are, we should not be rebuilding, but always retooling........... Herm has done well in draft so far, but I do not see the passion to win, at least DV had that. Much that our problems now are from the cp/DV time, at least DV was always playing to win, not playing to lose.
You mean playing not to lose!

m0ef0e
09-26-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd rather have Brohm than Cassell and sooner rather than later.

Bike
09-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm not sold on Cassel. A career backup in college and nfl, he led Pats to a 25 pt loss to Miami? At Foxboro.
My choice would be Stafford in next draft.

rbedgood
09-26-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm not sold on Cassel. A career backup in college and nfl, he led Pats to a 25 pt loss to Miami? At Foxboro.
My choice would be Stafford in next draft.

Don't sell the guy short because he couldn't beat out Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Seriously.

m0ef0e
09-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Don't sell the guy short because he couldn't beat out Carson Palmer and Tom Brady. Seriously.

And his name comes up yet again! How many chickens do I have to sacrifice to get this guy? :lol:

Three7s
09-26-2008, 06:54 PM
And his name comes up yet again! How many chickens do I have to sacrifice to get this guy? :lol:
I can think of two butt-buddies that you could sacrifice!

Bike
09-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Makes sense. I just think it would be difficult to pick up somebody worth a crap from another team, or they would keep him themselves. It was Pats that had the forsight to draft Cassel, not Peterson. Why would they give him up?
IMO (obvious, I know) a teams success depends on its ability to spot, draft, sign, and develop players from the draft. And I feel that many holes can be filled through free agency - just not qb. We need to build around a qb that we draft and develop ourselves.
I think if you'd look back at all the superbowl winners, 95 percent of them drafted and developed their own qb's.

rbedgood
09-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Makes sense. I just think it would be difficult to pick up somebody worth a crap from another team, or they would keep him themselves. It was Pats that had the forsight to draft Cassel, not Peterson. Why would they give him up?
IMO (obvious, I know) a teams success depends on its ability to spot, draft, sign, and develop players from the draft. And I feel that many holes can be filled through free agency - just not qb. We need to build around a qb that we draft and develop ourselves.
I think if you'd look back at all the superbowl winners, 95 percent of them drafted and developed their own qb's.

They may have to give him up, just like the Chargers had to give up Michael Turner. They can only pay a backup so much because of the salary cap and as a restricted free agent it is easy enough for teams to put in a poison pill in the contract that makes it so the Pats can't match the deal.

jtandcrew
09-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Start yourself a KFC restaraunt!:lol:

Remember! It was the Pats that had Bledso (spelling?) before Brady got the start. Im wondering if we arent seeing then beginning of the end of Brady's future in New England.

They may have to give him up, just like the Chargers had to give up Michael Turner. They can only pay a backup so much because of the salary cap and as a restricted free agent it is easy enough for teams to put in a poison pill in the contract that makes it so the Pats can't match the deal.
I dont foresee too many teams jumping at Cassel. Again, I think Brady would come up before Cassel. Bellichek has proven that he will go with a healthy and young guy before a older hurt guy.

AkChief49
09-27-2008, 07:19 AM
does anyone have any hair or an old dried bloody towel from J. Montana? We could clone him....watched the old donk game from 1994 tonight...(ah, those halcyon days)That guy had unbelievable pocket presence, a step here a move there to work with the line for that one more second.....sorry, was lost in a moment!