PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at Arrowhead

mudslapper
09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
I live out of town and I have never been to a Chiefs game. I just bought two tickets and I am pumped about going to Arrowhead. I want to know all about tailgating from those of you that do it there. I will bring some food, but I don't really know what to expect. Are there tents where you can go like the VIP tent? Can you buy food from other people? Any tips for making it an awesome experience will be very helpful. Thanks

YZILLA
09-25-2008, 09:28 PM
first off where are you traveling from. And what game did ya get the tickets for . I can help you with everything with a few details.

Canada
09-25-2008, 09:29 PM
I wanna go to the game this wekend!!

slc chief
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
it is going to be AN awesome experiance regardless i know i was in awe the first time i went and it becomes addicting hands down the best tailgating stadium in the league

Canada
09-25-2008, 09:55 PM
it is going to be AN awesome experiance regardless i know i was in awe the first time i went and it becomes addicting hands down the best tailgating stadium in the league

Hell Yeah!! I was sold the first time I went and now I want to go every game. Stupid wife won;t let me. Gotta save money for christmas. Stupid kids were bad anyways!! Lemme go see the Chiefs!!!

mudslapper
09-26-2008, 09:52 AM
I am coming from Nebraska. I am going to the Saints-Chiefs game on Nov 16th.

tornadospotter
09-26-2008, 10:36 AM
I am coming from Nebraska. I am going to the Saints-Chiefs game on Nov 16th.
I like this newbie, Go Chiefs!, Go Huskers!:bananen_smilies046:

Seek
09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I live out of town and I have never been to a Chiefs game. I just bought two tickets and I am pumped about going to Arrowhead. I want to know all about tailgating from those of you that do it there. I will bring some food, but I don't really know what to expect. Are there tents where you can go like the VIP tent? Can you buy food from other people? Any tips for making it an awesome experience will be very helpful. Thanks

Generally speaking you are on your own when it comes to tailgating. There is a VIP tent, but I am not sure how to purchase tickets other than through Wolf Pack package.

Personally I like doing my own thing. I have never met a true tailgater that didn't pack some extra food. I am not sure if there will people willing to sell it. Most talegators like myself would offer it for free, assuming you are a Chiefs fan.

jtandcrew
09-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Hell Yeah!! I was sold the first time I went and now I want to go every game. Stupid wife won;t let me. Gotta save money for christmas. Stupid kids were bad anyways!! Lemme go see the Chiefs!!!

Sell the kids so you can afford the tickets! j/k :lol:

I like this newbie, Go Chiefs!, Go Huskers!:bananen_smilies046:

Homer!:lol:

YZILLA
09-27-2008, 07:16 PM
What I would do is pack a small grill - get your favorite food and bring lawn chairs, dont forget all the little things such as condoments paper towels, garbage bags . It should be cool so you really dont need a canopy . Being from Nebraska you know how to dress for the weather . Find out what parking lots are near your seats and park anywhere. get there as early as you can ( gates open at 8:30 ) . I highly recommend going to sportsnutz on saturdays from noon to 4 they have a party with food, live music . They have tons and tons of memorabilia and one or more of the players signing autographs from 2-4. its just about a half mile north of the stadium on the blueridge cutoff exit.no matter where you park you will meet tons of great people and have a huge blast partying with 80,ooo people in the parking lot ( give or take a few people depending how the rest of the season pans out ) . you will soon find out that you will want to make the next home game because you had so much fun. If for some reason I come to that game , I would be happy to tailgate with ya. but Im gonna be going to the Buffalo game on like the 23rd , so I dont know if I can make the saints game.Let me know if you need anything, any info , I will be glad to help. I am on here often so I will respond quickly. Take care ! :bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
09-27-2008, 07:52 PM
wish i was at arrowhead

YZILLA
09-27-2008, 08:20 PM
wish i was at arrowhead

I was there today. taking photos of Arrowhead and the new practice facility and fields. Hung out at Sports Nutz all afternoon . Got to meet Dontrell Savage today. Hes very small. Smaller than Charles.It was like 85-90 here today so all in all avery nice saturday . Cant wait to tailgate with X-Factor and the other KC Superfans tommorrow. Go Chiefs !

mudslapper
09-30-2008, 05:17 PM
any especially good tailgating this past Sunday? Of course a win makes everything better. :yahoo:

YZILLA
09-30-2008, 05:26 PM
It doesnt matter if you have a huge production of things to tailgate or a couple of chairs and a little webber grill. Any tailgating at Arrowhead is a special event . You will be surrounded by great people no matter what parking lot you are in. just sit back and enjoy the atmosphere. or walk around and introduce yourself and many people will be happy ya stopped by ! Its sooooo addictive .

mudslapper
11-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Well, I got to go to the game! I want to say first that it was an absolute perfect day for football. The people who let their empty seats watch the game really missed out. I wanted to talk about the tailgating since I had originally started the thread asking about it.

For those of you who have not gone early and tailgated you are really missing out. Since it was early(before 9am) we decided to do a breakfast tailgate. My friend and I started talking with the guys next to us and before long we were sharing food and having a great time. It was a great experience and I hope to go back soon.

After the game we went back outside and set everything back up and had an afternoon tailgate. A lot of the people from the morning were around us and setting back up and doing the same thing.

For those of you who were at the game....can you believe the second guy who kicked field goals for that contest at halftime? I almost died from laughter! That last ball he kicked he had to have hit with his heel and he almost missed the ball. It went no more than two yards! (he could almost be the kicker for the chiefs though, they couldn't get a kickoff past the 10 yard line ugh)

tornadospotter
11-17-2008, 07:34 PM
Arrowhead, win or lose, is always a great time!!!!! Glad you enjoyed your day, wish I had been there.

Seek
11-18-2008, 03:47 PM
For those of you who were at the game....can you believe the second guy who kicked field goals for that contest at halftime? I almost died from laughter! That last ball he kicked he had to have hit with his heel and he almost missed the ball. It went no more than two yards! (he could almost be the kicker for the chiefs though, they couldn't get a kickoff past the 10 yard line ugh)

Oh man, I laughed my arse off. I kind of felt sorry for him with everyone laughing and KC wolf slapping the ground in laughter. His last kick didn't even go 5 yards.

Chiefster
11-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh man, I laughed my arse off. I kind of felt sorry for him with everyone laughing and KC wolf slapping the ground in laughter. His last kick didn't even go 5 yards.

You shouldn't laugh off body parts; you'll look funny without them.

Nite Crowd! Everyone behave themselves. :D

hermhater
11-19-2008, 03:30 AM
I want to make a ruckus!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?u=1202&type=sigpic&dateline=1219955956