PDA

View Full Version : Branden Albert Injured?

texaschief
09-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I heard on the radio that he got hurt but i can't find any info on this. Does anyone know what happened? Is he done for the month, season, career? Anyone know?

hardcorechiefsfan
09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
I read that Albert got to ride on the cart for a elbow injury.

Pro_Angler
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
dislocated elbow. shouldnt be too serious unless broken

TRB05
09-28-2008, 07:38 PM
I couldn't tell for sure from my seats next to the clouds, but I thought he was back in later in the game. Anyone else see?

TRB05
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Nope, I guess it was Herb Taylor. 75 looks alot like 76 from the top of the stadium.

tornadospotter
09-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Nope, I guess it was Herb Taylor. 75 looks alot like 76 from the top of the stadium.
Wish I had been there!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

TRB05
09-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Well, I'll tell you, it was pretty dead until LJ broke that run. If they had gone 3 and out to start the game, the crowd would have totally lost interest, and it may have been a totally different game.

slc chief
09-28-2008, 08:09 PM
dislocated elbow hope he is a fast healer

hardcorechiefsfan
09-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I hope so too, no matter about the youth movement, the Chiefs need all their players.

Chiefster
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I hope so too, no matter about the youth movement, the Chiefs need all their players.

True.

Seek
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
supposedly the report changed from dislocated to Hyper extended. He had Bronco player role up on his elbow and bend it the other way.

They had to cart him off the field with someone holding his arm in place because it hurt so bad. As they were leaving the stadium he started to slide off the cart and gave a huge scream in pain.

Based on the amount of pain he was in, I would guess he is done for the season.

jtandcrew
09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I truely hope this is just bad luck and not injury prone. I liked what I saw out of him playing a new position from college into the pros!

m0ef0e
09-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Here's to a speedy recovery, big Al. We all love you and want to see you back on the field throwing defenses around.:bananen_smilies046:

jtandcrew
09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
here here :bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2:

Seek
09-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I truely hope this is just bad luck and not injury prone. I liked what I saw out of him playing a new position from college into the pros!

Based on the injury yesterday it was nothing but bad luck. He was on the ground had his hand planted and was supporting himself when a Donkie rolled into him from the back side of his elbow and his elbow gave way.

I guess the best way to describe it would be looking at Tom Brady's injury and change Tom's Leg to Albert's arm.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-01-2008, 02:37 AM
supposedly the report changed from dislocated to Hyper extended. He had Bronco player role up on his elbow and bend it the other way.

They had to cart him off the field with someone holding his arm in place because it hurt so bad. As they were leaving the stadium he started to slide off the cart and gave a huge scream in pain.

Based on the amount of pain he was in, I would guess he is done for the season.

Ow! That has got to hurt, I can barely survive dealing with a ingrown toenail - my pain tolerance is so low.

Sn@keIze
10-01-2008, 05:07 AM
:sign0153: How do you get Carted off from an elbow injury?

Brady walked off from a torn MCL and ACL.

Must have been some elbow injury!

tornadospotter
10-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Has anybody heard any updates to Alberts injury?

Seek
10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Has anybody heard any updates to Alberts injury?

Yes, they have said it was separated but it went back in. There was no break, so his status is now questionable. Herm said it is hurting him and "Swoll".

The media people are thinking he may be back after the bye.

milkman
10-04-2008, 09:23 AM
:sign0153: How do you get Carted off from an elbow injury?

Brady walked off from a torn MCL and ACL.

Must have been some elbow injury!

I've never dislocated or hyperextended an elbow, but have torn the ACL and MCL, and on a separate occassion, broken a finger on the job, and my job is physically demanding.

In both instances, I finished the day on the job, and I can tell you that working with the broken finger was far more painful and uncomfortable than working with torn ACL and MCL.

Fact is, I continued to work with those tears for three months before I had reconstructive knee surgery.

jerhart
10-04-2008, 09:30 AM
I've never dislocated or hyperextended an elbow, but have torn the ACL and MCL, and on a separate occassion, broken a finger on the job, and my job is physically demanding.

In both instances, I finished the day on the job, and I can tell you that working with the broken finger was far more painful and uncomfortable than working with torn ACL and MCL.

Fact is, I continued to work with those tears for three months before I had reconstructive knee surgery.

Geeze, What the hell are you doing here then?! We need you in that Line! :bananen_smilies046:

milkman
10-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Geeze, What the hell are you doing here then?! We need you in that Line! :bananen_smilies046:

I'm 5'7" and 160.

I happen to enjoy living.

jerhart
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm 5'7" and 160.

I happen to enjoy living.

Psshhhh C'mon man you can do it! :lol: Size is overrated! I graduated with Darren Sproles....I saw him put guys 3 times his size to shame in the weight room and on the turf.

Canada
10-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Psshhhh C'mon man you can do it! :lol: Size is overrated! I graduated with Darren Sproles....I saw him put guys 3 times his size to shame in the weight room and on the turf.

Yeah, but on the turf he is running away from the big guys, not towards them!! :lol:

milkman
10-04-2008, 10:25 AM

I'm pretty sure I'd make you miss McGinaTosh.

Nah......Even I wouldn't be that bad.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-05-2008, 12:53 AM

What is the ACL? Is that the Achilles tendon?

rbedgood
10-05-2008, 01:22 AM
When I was in high school I hyperextended my elbow my Junior year in wrestling. I missed 3 days of practice and 2 meets before I was strong enough to compete. However I could still feel it 2-3 months later when I was lifting.

milkman
10-05-2008, 08:17 AM
What is the ACL? Is that the Achilles tendon?

Anterior cruciate ligament.

The primary ligament in the front portion of the knee.

Bike
10-05-2008, 09:33 AM
I use to get shin splints in H.S. during track and C.C. season, but nobody really gave a sh!t. Chiefs win in Charlotte. Do it.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-06-2008, 04:48 AM
I use to get shin splints in H.S. during track and C.C. season, but nobody really gave a sh!t. Chiefs win in Charlotte. Do it.

Me too, shin splints bothered me so bad that I wanted to cut my lower legs off. It was hard to go to sleep when my shins were hurting like crazy.

chief31
10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Me too, shin splints bothered me so bad that I wanted to cut my lower legs off. It was hard to go to sleep when my shins were hurting like crazy.

I have heard that shin-splints are a nightmare.

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 11:13 AM
I have heard that shin-splints are a nightmare.
I rember getting them in track, they are!!!!