PDA

View Full Version : How Bout Them Rookie Corners Folks!!!

Big Daddy Tek
09-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Is it just me or did Brandon Carr, a 4th round pick play excellent against, statisically, the games best wide reciever in Brandon Marshall. At first, I thought they were crazy for putting Flowers on Royal and Carr on Marshall. I figured, you put our best on thier best right? But Gunny knew what he was doin! These two Rookies played exceptional!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fastphilly
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
excellent job by Flowers on that play to attempt an interception I believe it was against Marshall.He clearly was guilty of offensive PI.

texaschief
09-28-2008, 07:58 PM
that entire defense sucks. Herm is a horrible judge of talent.

tornadospotter
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM
:sign0153: :sign0103: :funnypost:
Herm is still a horrible coach!

slc chief
09-28-2008, 08:07 PM
they looked pretty good definantly something to build on

Big Daddy Tek
09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
NO KIDDING. IM GLAD YOU BROUGHT THAT UP SINCE THESE GUYS WILL BE FLIP FLOPPIN ALL OVER THE PLACE. WONT THEY TEX!

Seek
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
excellent job by Flowers on that play to attempt an interception I believe it was against Marshall.He clearly was guilty of offensive PI.

It wasn't Marshall, it was the guy who ended up leaving the game on the stretcher. Number 10. That guy had no idea the ball was coming is way, and it was clearly PI.

zro2gon
09-29-2008, 03:54 PM

:funnypost: well they sure sucked against one of the best offenses yesterday....They only held one of the highest scoring offenses to 19 points...i sure wouldnt say they suck...defense is the only thing this team has right now..

m0ef0e
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
33 points is nothing to sniff at. Good job all around Chiefs!

Pro_Angler
09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
yea and we are what like the 3rd ranked pass defense in the NFL too

slc chief
09-29-2008, 05:17 PM
give them some credit they created plenty of turnovers and held the donks to 19 something no defense has done this year give credit were credit is due

YZILLA
09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
That Defense was everywhere ! How about Turk catching Eddie Royal from behind downfield and knocking the ball loose for a turnover. all and All being at that game was well worth the money and the drive !

m0ef0e
09-29-2008, 05:43 PM
That Defense was everywhere ! How about Turk catching Eddie Royal from behind downfield and knocking the ball loose for a turnover. all and All being at that game was well worth the money and the drive !

That was awesome. I'm glad you got to go to a good one this time. I wish I would have been there. Arrowhead was electrified!

nigeriannightmare
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM

No one has ever said that Herm is a horrible judge of talent...most of us just think he is a horrible coach, time manager...

Big Daddy Tek
09-29-2008, 10:16 PM
give them some credit they created plenty of turnovers and held the donks to 19 something no defense has done this year give credit were credit is due
Tex is being sarcastic because this is what most people on this site usually say. Trust me, he thinks the exact opposite

mabortdrummer
09-29-2008, 10:35 PM
I honestly think that Flowers and Carr will end up being two out of the top 5 corners in the NFL in a couple of years. These guys look really good and play hard. Speaking of playing hard.. Pollard has really shown he is going to play 110% all the time. This guy is fun to watch.

I would guess that in a couple of years alot of teams are going to be afraid at throwing down the field against us because of our backfield. We just need to work on our LB's and we will be set.

texaschief
09-29-2008, 10:50 PM
No one has ever said that Herm is a horrible judge of talent...most of us just think he is a horrible coach, time manager...

I beg to differ. Plenty of people on this board think Herm has zero value. (that includes judging talent)

mabortdrummer
09-29-2008, 10:58 PM
yea and we are what like the 3rd ranked pass defense in the NFL too

Actually we are the 15th but we are getting there..

Dyno-Mite
09-30-2008, 02:59 PM
I honestly think that Flowers and Carr will end up being two out of the top 5 corners in the NFL in a couple of years. These guys look really good and play hard. Speaking of playing hard.. Pollard has really shown he is going to play 110% all the time. This guy is fun to watch.

I would guess that in a couple of years alot of teams are going to be afraid at throwing down the field against us because of our backfield. We just need to work on our LB's and we will be set.

Our backfield is dynamic.A big reason for that is because it's filled with tremendous young blood while having gifted speed and athleticsm.I'd have to believe from a offensive standpoint that we need to upgrade the linebacker and defensive line positions.I see us keeping linebackers such as D.J. and Donnie.I honestly believe that Donnie has 1 or 2 good quality years left as a Chief.If we can get that superb elite linebacker with the addition of an elite defensive lineman then we are straight from a defensive standpoint.

nigeriannightmare
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
I beg to differ. Plenty of people on this board think Herm has zero value. (that includes judging talent)

Myabe you are right, however, beating the Donkeys and then losing as badly as we did to the Oakland would prove just how inconsistent his teams really are.

m0ef0e
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Myabe you are right, however, beating the Donkeys and then losing as badly as we did to the Oakland would prove just how inconsistent his teams really are.

As far as that goes, I think a lot rides on this week against Carolina. If we play well and win, the first three weeks could be seen as the team taking their lumps early in the process of getting it together. If we come out looking like we did against the faders and falcons, then inconsistency would be the word.

Three7s
09-30-2008, 04:30 PM
As far as that goes, I think a lot rides on this week against Carolina. If we play well and win, the first three weeks could be seen as the team taking their lumps early in the process of getting it together. If we come out looking like we did against the faders and falcons, then inconsistency would be the word.
I think this is gonna be the most important game this season for the Chiefs. We will know, instantly, whether it was a fluke against the Broncos, or if we really do have talent on this team. Even if we don't win, just compete with the Panthers, and give us a reason to be optimistic for the next seasons to come.

Bike
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I think this is gonna be the most important game this season for the Chiefs. We will know, instantly, whether it was a fluke against the Broncos, or if we really do have talent on this team. Even if we don't win, just compete with the Panthers, and give us a reason to be optimistic for the next seasons to come.
Agreed. Now that we know we can win, we need to know we can win on the road. This is gonna be a tough one. But Denver was no slouch. And we put a hurtin on them Donks!!! After that performance, I don't see a reason to lose in Charlotte!!!

m0ef0e
10-01-2008, 12:37 PM
Agreed. Now that we know we can win, we need to know we can win on the road. This is gonna be a tough one. But Denver was no slouch. And we put a hurtin on them Donks!!! After that performance, I don't see a reason to lose in Charlotte!!!

We've got to match the intensity from last week and take it on the road with us.

Dyno-Mite
10-01-2008, 03:42 PM
We've got to match the intensity from last week and take it on the road with us.

No matter what.I still believe that we need Pat Surtain,Donnie Edwards and Napoleon back in the starting mix to truly show that the last game against the Broncos wasn't a fluke.

Bike
10-01-2008, 05:10 PM
No matter what.I still believe that we need Pat Surtain,Donnie Edwards and Napoleon back in the starting mix to truly show that the last game against the Broncos wasn't a fluke.
No we don't. Why am I responding to this crap?

Dyno-Mite
10-01-2008, 05:21 PM
No we don't. Why am I responding to this crap?

Face it,we played good without those key guys but Bike I brung it up because we are a better defense with them.It's not safe to say that we are better without them.:sterb184:

m0ef0e
10-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Donnie and Pat have both lost a step. Did you notice that when they both were on the sidelines, we had our best defensive performance of the season? Sure, we held the Brady-less Pats to 17 points but our defense wasn't ball-hawking and creating turnovers like they did against the donkeys.

Three7s
10-01-2008, 08:40 PM
As much as I hate to say it, Donnie Edwards needs to retire, so does Surtain, and Napoleon Harris is a backup. I'm not sold on our defense after one week, either, but to say those guys would dramatically make our defense better is silly.

Seek
10-02-2008, 09:18 AM
As much as I hate to say it, Donnie Edwards needs to retire, so does Surtain, and Napoleon Harris is a backup. I'm not sold on our defense after one week, either, but to say those guys would dramatically make our defense better is silly.

I seriously think Grbac makes silly comments like that to get attention. Everything in that post made no sense.

Bike
10-02-2008, 10:00 AM
I seriously think Grbac makes silly comments like that to get attention. Everything in that post made no sense.
You be correct. Nobody can be that stupid.

Sn@keIze
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Donnie Defineatly.

I think Surtain can contribute to give young rookies a break, but not necessarily as a starter. He cant go man to man with these wide outs as much anymore, but still has a solid zone coverage.

And I agree with you on keeping Nappy Harris as Back up.

Dyno-Mite
10-02-2008, 11:15 AM

My opinions on getting Donnie,Pat and Napoleon back to improve our defense is nothing in the silly column.It's simply my opinion.For those that think opposite then how bout you sit those key guys for the remainder of the season.Our defense will be worse.

Seek
10-02-2008, 12:32 PM
My opinions on getting Donnie,Pat and Napoleon back to improve our defense is nothing in the silly column.It's simply my opinion.For those that think opposite then how bout you sit those key guys for the remainder of the season.Our defense will be worse.

Then I seriously doubt you watch the games.

Donnie Edwards has been nothing but a nigthmare. Teams were shredding him and Tamba for huge gaines. D. Williams corrected that problem last week. In three different phases of the game. Run Support, Pass coverage and rushing the Qb.

Have you seen Donnie actually make a play at the line of scrimmage this year NOPE. They are all down field for 5 yard gains. That is the history of Nap Harris, specially the last part of the season where he was completely lost. The one pre-season game he played, third stringers were killing him. He looked aweful, and i can only imagine that is why Pat Thomas is getting the start, as bad as he has looked.

Surtan is serviceable, but when was the last time Surtain actually made a good play on a ball. His age is clearly catching up to his play. He is a clear and cut improvement over Patterson at NB but his starting days are all but over.

Three7s
10-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Then I seriously doubt you watch the games.

Donnie Edwards has been nothing but a nigthmare. Teams were shredding him and Tamba for huge gaines. D. Williams corrected that problem last week. In three different phases of the game. Run Support, Pass coverage and rushing the Qb.

Have you seen Donnie actually make a play at the line of scrimmage this year NOPE. They are all down field for 5 yard gains. That is the history of Nap Harris, specially the last part of the season where he was completely lost. The one pre-season game he played, third stringers were killing him. He looked aweful, and i can only imagine that is why Pat Thomas is getting the start, as bad as he has looked.

Surtan is serviceable, but when was the last time Surtain actually made a good play on a ball. His age is clearly catching up to his play. He is a clear and cut improvement over Patterson at NB but his starting days are all but over.
Actually, there is one good place that Donnie Edwards made against Oakland. I think Donnie was sent on a blitz and went towards the hole that was shown by our defense. It just so happens that McFadden went there and got him for a nice loss. Other than that, yea.

rbedgood
10-03-2008, 03:10 AM

...reminds me of someone...starts with a T ends with a 1. Any guesses?!

Bike
10-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Why would anyone call themselves Grbac? Seriously.

Three7s
10-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Why would anyone call themselves Grbac? Seriously.
He loves his bad football players, don't ruin it for him!

Bike
10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
I think i'm gonna logon as "Elliot" for now on...

m0ef0e
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I think i'm gonna logon as "Elliot" for now on...

:funnypost: You might get burned at the stake for that... :lol:

:mob::mob::mob::mob:

milkman
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM

AJ Smith knew what he was doing when he let Donnie walk after '06.

Donnie was done, and should neve have been brought back.

Chiefster
10-04-2008, 05:25 PM
AJ Smith knew what he was doing when he let Donnie walk after '06.

Donnie was done, and should neve have been brought back.

12 years in the league will do that to a player, although I think Tony G still has gas left in his tank.

milkman
10-04-2008, 06:12 PM
12 years in the league will do that to a player, although I think Tony G still has gas left in his tank.

Tony plays a position where speed isn't nearly as important to making plays as LB.

And he has never been all that fast anyway.

Donnie's only real strength was his speed.

When he lost a step, he was done.

OTR Chiefs fan
10-04-2008, 09:06 PM
Is it just me or did Brandon Carr, a 4th round pick play excellent against, statisically, the games best wide reciever in Brandon Marshall. At first, I thought they were crazy for putting Flowers on Royal and Carr on Marshall. I figured, you put our best on thier best right? But Gunny knew what he was doin! These two Rookies played exceptional!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it was great how they played against the Broncos, but don't be surprised if they have an up and down season, due to their inexperience. The nice thing is we're starting to see some positive progress. Our biggest test so far will be against the Panthers. They are the most complete team we've come across so far. Even if we don't win, if we're at least competitive that will show me that we're making improvements. :D