PDA

View Full Version : Insults.

m0ef0e
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
We get a win and now everybody's on their high-horse. Can we enjoy it a little bit? So, we don't all agree with each other on everything... What's new? It seems there are some posters who are just resorting to throwing poo at each other like a bunch of caged monkeys.

I'm thinking it may be time to neg-rep insulting posts and maybe even temp-ban some repeat offenders. Okay, maybe bans are a little harsh, I don't want to drive good posters away just because they got frustrated in a few posts. I've been guilty of this before, myself. It happens. But if somebody's posts are primarily school-yard insults, I don't care what their opinion is or if I agree with it or not. That's not what this site is for. I'm not the FCC but there are a few rules here. Please adhere to them.

Chiefster
10-01-2008, 01:44 AM
We get a win and now everybody's on their high-horse. Can we enjoy it a little bit? So, we don't all agree with each other on everything... What's new? It seems there are some posters who are just resorting to throwing poo at each other like a bunch of caged monkeys.

I'm thinking it may be time to neg-rep insulting posts and maybe even temp-ban some repeat offenders. Okay, maybe bans are a little harsh, I don't want to drive good posters away just because they got frustrated in a few posts. I've been guilty of this before, myself. It happens. But if somebody's posts are primarily school-yard insults, I don't care what their opinion is or if I agree with it or not. That's not what this site is for. I'm not the FCC but there are a few rules here. Please adhere to them.

Eggsactly! You have learned well my young padawan!

rbedgood
10-01-2008, 03:25 AM

Well said Moefoe, and guys don't forget the handy "ignore" feature will remove perpetual offenders from your personal view.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Well said Moefoe, and guys don't forget the handy "ignore" feature will remove perpetual offenders from your personal view.
We can send people to iggyville here?

rbedgood
10-02-2008, 02:45 AM

We can send people to iggyville here?

Yep...click on their username link at the top left of the post. Then a menu comes up and you select "view public profile". From that screen there is an option to "add XXXXX to your ignore list" towards the middle of the screen.

If you can't find it I'm sure someone around here would be kind enough to photobucket a screenshot in...

spiman
10-02-2008, 04:27 AM
:mob: YouTube - Official 2008 Olympics Song: Please Ignore The Communism :bananen_smilies046: :11: If anyone deserves it is me.

AkChief49
10-02-2008, 04:35 AM
spiman, that is funny-sad,true and funny

spiman
10-02-2008, 04:43 AM
Gimme rep for being sooo dumbb... Please not!!!

hardcorechiefsfan
10-02-2008, 07:25 PM
:mob: YouTube - Official 2008 Olympics Song: Please Ignore The Communism (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XDU3ePlyH8) :bananen_smilies046: :11: If anyone deserves it is me.

:funnypost: