PDA

View Full Version : Closing threads

Drunker Hillbilly
10-01-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm not in favor!!!!!!!!! I know there are mods for a reason but it seems to me that closing a thread just because a particular mod "thinks it has ran it's course" is silly! Yes you all know what thread I am talking about. Most here are grown adults!!!!!! Why must we be corraled and watched after like children. Yes, I totally agree with the F bombs and using the lords name etc. but to close a thread because of some "I'm gonna beat your a**" comment is ridiculous in my estimation. Heck, he even rebutted and explained himself!!! Loosin up the reigns a bit Chiefster. After all, it is a site that talks about one of the most violent sports in the world!!:D No offense meant, just giving my opinion.

Hayvern
10-01-2008, 02:26 AM
I'm not in favor!!!!!!!!! I know there are mods for a reason but it seems to me that closing a thread just because a particular mod "thinks it has ran it's course" is silly! Yes you all know what thread I am talking about. Most here are grown adults!!!!!! Why must we be corraled and watched after like children. Yes, I totally agree with the F bombs and using the lords name etc. but to close a thread because of some "I'm gonna beat your a**" comment is ridiculous in my estimation. Heck, he even rebutted and explained himself!!! Loosin up the reigns a bit Chiefster. After all, it is a site that talks about one of the most violent sports in the world!!:D No offense meant, just giving my opinion.

Well considering I am the one that was offered to have my A$$ kicked, I still agree with you.

However, there are a lot of guys that do not like the negativity here. Some of it is founded, some maybe not so much.

Lets let these things run their course though, the argument will just spill over to another thread if you close it.

chief31
10-01-2008, 02:46 AM
Lets let these things run their course though, the argument will just spill over to another thread if you close it.

Surprisingly, it does seem to bottle the grudge when a thread gets closed.

I don't know why, and some, like DH and myself, will go right back at each other soon enough. But it does seem to put a damper on things for a moment.

Not that I remember ever closing a thread for that purpose, nor that I think it was, or wasn't the right move.

Just pointing out that it is kind of effective, despite how easily it can be gotten around.

rbedgood
10-01-2008, 03:34 AM
Dangit...now I have to go and read every friggin' thread until I find this argument. Alas, who needs to sleep

Guru
10-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Sorry, I just can't resist this.......:lol::yahoo:

rbedgood
10-01-2008, 04:11 AM
Sorry, I just can't resist this.......:lol::yahoo:

The thought crossed my mind, however it didn't stick. :D

Guru
10-01-2008, 04:21 AM
The thought crossed my mind, however it didn't stick. :D
Hey, I can do that too.

Coach
10-01-2008, 07:57 PM
If you are you are 12 years old and want to fight, then quit being a sissy. Exchange addresses, meet up, and do your thing. But this is not a UFC forum. It is a Chiefs forum. And I will keep it that way. Don't tell me or my mods to loosen the reigns or how to run our board. If you don't like it here, then go somewhere else.

Heyvern, PM me the thread/post where you were threatened and that user will be dealt with.

Guru
10-02-2008, 12:46 AM
If you are you are 12 years old and want to fight, then quit being a sissy. Exchange addresses, meet up, and do your thing. But this is not a UFC forum. It is a Chiefs forum. And I will keep it that way. Don't tell me or my mods to loosen the reigns or how to run our board. If you don't like it here, then go somewhere else.

Heyvern, PM me the thread/post where you were threatened and that user will be dealt with.

I like this side of you. :lol::bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-03-2008, 01:08 AM
HAHAHAHAAAHAAAHAAA HAAAAAA!!!

The closing threads thread got closed! Say that five times real fast. :D

Sorry for adding to it, but I just find that to be hysterical. :yahoo: