PDA

View Full Version : New thread: Chiefs spank Carolina

Bike
10-01-2008, 08:10 AM
The losing streak is over. Now time for a 12-game winning streak!! After our performance in Denver, there is no reason we can't keep the streak alive in Charlotte.
Steve Smith is a 1-man wrecking crew. Got to contain him. No doubt in my mind we will.
Hold these guys to nothing but field goals as we did with Donks and its over.
Chiefs 9 1/2 pt dogs? Don't think so!!
Chiefs roll 24-13.

jtandcrew
10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
The losing streak is over. Now time for a 12-game winning streak!! After our performance in Denver, there is no reason we can't keep the streak alive in Charlotte.
Steve Smith is a 1-man wrecking crew. Got to contain him. No doubt in my mind we will.
Chiefs roll 24-13.

Im not quite as optimistic, although I think we can pull out the win. Though, this will test our young corners and test our O-line. Carolina's defense is solid. This will be a better test than what Denver gave us.

Bike
10-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Im not quite as optimistic, although I think we can pull out the win. Though, this will test our young corners and test our O-line. Carolina's defense is solid. This will be a better test than what Denver gave us.
Carolina D ranked about 20 in a lot of ff polls. Their strength really is their offense. Smith and Muhammid are probably the top reciever tandem in nfl. Young corners will definetely be tested! I think they are up to the job. Chiefs win.:bananen_smilies046:

Sn@keIze
10-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Carolina D ranked about 20 in a lot of ff polls. Their strength really is their offense. Smith and Muhammid are probably the top reciever tandem in nfl. Young corners will definetely be tested! I think they are up to the job. Chiefs win.:bananen_smilies046:

Offense was the donks strength too:yahoo:

We need to ram LJ down those kittens throat to stay in the game, and let our 2ndary embarrass Delhomo like they did Cutler.

We can do it!

Bike
10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Offense was the donks strength too:yahoo:

We need to ram LJ down those kittens throat to stay in the game, and let our 2ndary embarrass Delhomo like they did Cutler.

We can do it!
We WILL do it!:bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
10-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Carolina's defense is actually pretty good also. Their biggest problem so far this year has been third down penalties, giving up automatic first downs or getting themselves into third and long.

We're going to have to play very well and match our intensity from our last home game on the road in order to beat the Panthers.

My gut tells me a one point win.

Bike
10-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Carolina's defense is actually pretty good also. Their biggest problem so far this year has been third down penalties, giving up automatic first downs or getting themselves into third and long.

We're going to have to play very well and match our intensity from our last home game on the road in order to beat the Panthers.

My gut tells me a one point win.
A win is a win! I'll take it!!!:sign0098:

Sn@keIze
10-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Im actually worried more about Jonathan Stewart more than Smith or Muhahmid believe or not.

Seek
10-01-2008, 02:10 PM
While I would love to see it. I really think the atmosphere at Arrowhead helped feed the team. This being an away team that plays the same style of football as the Chiefs. I don't like the match up.

We will have to stop the run and in return run the ball well.

Hayvern
10-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Putting aside that Carolina is a more consistent team on both sides of the ball. The real challenge here is being able to win on the road. If we can beat Carolina, I think that gives us good momentum to get a few more wins this season.

Three7s
10-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Carolina has a very balanced offense. In total, their RBs average 3.6 ypg, but their main guy averages around 4.5. So, stopping the run will be monumental again. After we do that, then we have to focus on stopping one of the best WR duos in all of the NFL.

Their defense is ranked 8th in yards given up per game, and 6th in points per game at just 17. They have a solid pass defense, but their weakness is run defense, giving up around 115 rushing yards per game. If we run the ball well, this game should be ours.

slc chief
10-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Chiefs roll 24-13.

i like your attitude i really hope we get some good play from our special teams this weak that would help tremendousley back to back wins that will be great GO CHIEFS

Bike
10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
i like your attitude i really hope we get some good play from our special teams this weak that would help tremendousley back to back wins that will be great GO CHIEFS
Back to back!!!:bananen_smilies046:

greg3564
10-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Carolina D ranked about 20 in a lot of ff polls. Their strength really is their offense.

I don't know about polls, but Carolina has an overall ranked defense of 8th in the NFL. We have an overall offense of 27th.

Their offense, ranked 24th, against our defense ranked 29th.

Statistically, they are better. Throw that in with being on the road. But one never knows what can happen on any given Sunday. So long as Huard doesn't get hurt or LJ doesn't start throwing his helmet on the field, anything is possible.

Bike
10-03-2008, 07:23 AM
I don't know about polls, but Carolina has an overall ranked defense of 8th in the NFL. We have an overall offense of 27th.

Statistically, they are better. Throw that in with being on the road. But one never knows what can happen on any given Sunday. So long as Huard doesn't get hurt or LJ doesn't start throwing his helmet on the field, anything is possible.
I stand corrected.

Three7s
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM

Statistically, we're gonna have trouble passing. Their weakness is run-defense, luckily, so LJ better feel mad this week.

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Last 5 years for Carolina:

2007: 7-9
2006: 8-8
2005: 11-5
2004: 7-9
2003: 11-5

I saw some predictions in the pre-season that Carolina would likely have another mediocre 8-8 type season. At 3-1, they may be on their way to more like another one of those 11-5 seasons, but I'm not sold on them yet. They came back and squeaked by SD in week one on that 4th and 12 on the final play, so that was a near loss. The win against the Bears was a late 4th qtr td too.

But they're solid on defense and the passing game, as noted, as well as being at home, so it will be an uphill battle for us (well, actually the field there is all level, heh). They're a consistent decent team so it really depends on how we do. Hopefully the Chiefs can keep the enthusiasm and energy despite being away from the Arrowhead Atmosphere.

Chiefs win 26-20. Panthers nearly pull out yet another late td comeback victory 27-26. But they don't, our cornerbacks prevail!

Good pep rally thread here for this weekend.

LET'S GO KANSAS CITY CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three7s
10-03-2008, 06:05 PM
I'll say this much, if we can't run the ball, then we're through. Carolina is no Denver, this team actually has a defense. So, we won't get into the 30s, probably not even the 20s. If we win, it'll be a boring, low-scoring game. One thing is certain, if we're gonna win, we better have the lead going into the 4th, if we don't, we probably won't.

IlovetheChiefs
10-03-2008, 06:17 PM
I think several days ago I saw that Carolina currently has the longest streak of losing games where they allow 100 or more yards rushing. So if LJ can get about half of his 198 yards last week it will give us an excellent chance. :)

CarolinaFan787
10-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Statistically, we're gonna have trouble passing. Their weakness is run-defense, luckily, so LJ better feel mad this week.

We have a GREAT run D, and one of the best LB corps in the NFL.

LJ is a great RB, but he won't get much on us.

Julius Peppers
Jon Beason
Thomas Davis
Na'ill Diggs
Chris Harris
Chris Gamble

We got playmakers on D, and we stop the run.

Heres to an injury free, good game though.:bananen_smilies046:

tornadospotter
10-03-2008, 08:31 PM

Julius Peppers
Jon Beason
Thomas Davis
Na'ill Diggs
Chris Harris
Chris Gamble

:welcome: To the Chiefs Crowd!!
:bananen_smilies046: To a injury free game, and on this given Sunday, a Chiefs win!!

Three7s
10-03-2008, 09:57 PM

Julius Peppers
Jon Beason
Thomas Davis
Na'ill Diggs
Chris Harris
Chris Gamble

Hmm, thought I read that the Panthers were giving up around 115 yards rushing per game. Which is 19th in the league.

Ah, here it is!
http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/statistics?team=CAR&campaign=Google_Teams_CarolinaPanthers
Just click on defense.

Mark V
10-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Hello Chiefs Crowd. Panthers fan here.

It is true that we have given up a little over 100 yards per game in total run offense this year, but we have also faced the likes of LT, Peterson, Forte, and Turner/Norwood. No slouches yet for stat padding . Of the group I've mentioned, we still haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher for the season. If we keep LT under 100 yards and no score, I like our chances, but of course I do. I'm a cats fan.

Coach
10-04-2008, 08:47 AM

It is true that we have given up a little over 100 yards per game in total run offense this year, but we have also faced the likes of LT, Peterson, Forte, and Turner/Norwood. No slouches yet for stat padding . Of the group I've mentioned, we still haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher for the season. If we keep LT under 100 yards and no score, I like our chances, but of course I do. I'm a cats fan.

Every one of those teams have a better o-line than the Chiefs. But it only takes 1 big run, to blow your stats up. Looking forward to Sunday. OUt team is a completely different team with a fairly competent QB like Huard.

milkman
10-04-2008, 09:53 AM
It's amazing what one win against an overrated team will do.

The Panthers D is far more stout than the Donkey's D.

Chiefs will be lucky to score 10 points.

Canada
10-04-2008, 10:18 AM
It's amazing what one win against an overrated team will do.

The Panthers D is far more stout than the Donkey's D.

Chiefs will be lucky to score 10 points.

Glad you are still here to point that out!!

milkman
10-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Glad you are still here to point that out!!

So glad I can be of service.

Canada
10-04-2008, 11:37 AM
So glad I can be of service. I wish I was less lazy so i could go look up the post where you probably said the Donkeys were gonna kick our *** too!!

milkman
10-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I wish I was less lazy so i could go look up the post where you probably said the Donkeys were gonna kick our *** too!!

You wouldn't find it, cuz I haven't posted here in a while.

But I would have posted it, that's for sure.

I underestimated just how bad their D-line is.

Canada
10-04-2008, 12:06 PM
No chance that our O line is getting it together a bit?

milkman
10-04-2008, 12:14 PM
No chance that our O line is getting it together a bit?

I think the line from the center and left is solid.

The right side, not so much.

I would expect Mike Trgovac to line up Peppers on the left side of their D-Line some to take advantage of the McGinaTosh Sieve.

IlovetheChiefs
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM
If we keep LT under 100 yards and no score, I like our chances, but of course I do. I'm a cats fan.

cats = Chiefs are totally superior

;)

Bike
10-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I'll say this much, if we can't run the ball, then we're through. Carolina is no Denver, this team actually has a defense. So, we won't get into the 30s, probably not even the 20s. If we win, it'll be a boring, low-scoring game. One thing is certain, if we're gonna win, we better have the lead going into the 4th, if we don't, we probably won't.
I love boring, low-scoring wins!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Bike
10-04-2008, 12:25 PM

I don't. Chiefs got MO on their side this sunday!:bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
10-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I love boring, low-scoring wins!!!:bananen_smilies046:

Here here! :bananen_smilies046:

I think it's eminently reasonable to think the Chiefs score 17-20 points this Sunday, but even if we win in a game of field goals by 9-6, that's great! I guess some would say, "Well we won but we only scored 9 points" whereas I would say, "We won! :yahoo: "

Bike
10-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Here here! :bananen_smilies046:

I think it's eminently reasonable to think the Chiefs score 17-20 points this Sunday, but even if we win in a game of field goals by 9-6, that's great! I guess some would say, "Well we won but we only scored 9 points" whereas I would say, "We won! :yahoo: "
Yeah! Don't see why we can't keep those little friskies out of the end zone. Our red zone D stuffed them Donks nicely and they had to kick field goals when they desperately needed td's on the road!!
Red zone D stands up to Carolina this sunday!:bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
10-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I really think we have a good shot at this game. We will probably need Kolby or Charles to step up with a big play (if LJ can't seem to break loose) and our defense needs to keep improving on what they did last week. I really do feel good about this one tho.

Chiefster
10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Here's the paper matchup:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/4.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/5.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/6.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/7.jpg

Seek
10-05-2008, 03:36 PM
I really think we have a good shot at this game. We will probably need Kolby or Charles to step up with a big play (if LJ can't seem to break loose) and our defense needs to keep improving on what they did last week. I really do feel good about this one tho.

How are you feeling now? I am lucky. I apparently cut my cable cord aerating my yard and I can't watch the game, and it is not recording.

I just turned on the regular TV without an Antenna and decided to just turn it off.

greg3564
10-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Here's the paper matchup:

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/4.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/5.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/6.jpg
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2008/10/7.jpg

Well, you know what they say....Stats don't lie. I'm sure any moment now Herm will be telling us to "Get over it."

drstandley31
10-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Well they can't blame the fans. One win and we're ready to think these guys can play, and get excited about it. And to have that happen on a day when T G gets the record. Hope the ownership's happy with that performace.

You're right, Herm can just tell us to get over it, we're rebuilding. Exactly what the F are we rebuilding?

greg3564
10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Exactly what the F are we rebuilding?

Herm's pay check and retirement account.

jtandcrew
10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Well they can't blame the fans. One win and we're ready to think these guys can play, and get excited about it. And to have that happen on a day when T G gets the record. Hope the ownership's happy with that performace.

You're right, Herm can just tell us to get over it, we're rebuilding. Exactly what the F are we rebuilding?

He will prob tell us we have atleast 1-2 more drafts before we get to where we need to be which will mean 3-5 years since we will lose some of the better players we have now for draft picks! You know, Petersons plan from almost 20 years ago!:lol: