PDA

View Full Version : Herm's Postgame Comments

Hayvern
10-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I paraphrase:

I don't think anybody saw that coming at all...

We have to figure a few things out, how to make a first down, it's puzzling to me...

I can't say exactly what happened...

We didn't play like we did last week...

This is pathetic! If our coach doesn't even know what is happening and how to adjust on the field, how on earth does he expect the players to understand.

What an idiot!!!

I thought we were passed this point...

Herm Edwards has no business being a coach in the NFL!

Miller
10-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Herm has lost this team and I don't think he will ever get it back. Maybe it is time for carl and herm to ride off in the sunset

chief31
10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Now, you guy do realize that some of the more 'positive' members are going to be mad about all of this negativity that is headlining every new thread, don't you?

:D

I am prepared for it. But I just want to make sure that the rest of you guys are ready too.

I figure that since I allowed everyone to enjoy themselves with last weeks win, not even expressing my opinion, that the Broncos played horribly, more than The Chiefs played all that well, that should earn me a free pass this week.

:yahoo:

nigeriannightmare
10-05-2008, 05:55 PM
I paraphrase:

We have to figure a few things out, how to make a first down, it's puzzling to me...

This is pathetic! If our coach doesn't even know what is happening and how to adjust on the field, how on earth does he expect the players to understand.

What an idiot!!!

I couldn't agree more....

Hayvern
10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Now, you guy do realize that some of the more 'positive' members are going to be mad about all of this negativity that is headlining every new thread, don't you?

:D

I am prepared for it. But I just want to make sure that the rest of you guys are ready too.

I figure that since I allowed everyone to enjoy themselves with last weeks win, not even expressing my opinion, that the Broncos played horribly, more than The Chiefs played all that well, that should earn me a free pass this week.

Considering I think I took the brunt of it last week, I can say I am more than prepared, there is nothing anyone can say that will bother me at this point!

chief31
10-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Considering I think I took the brunt of it last week, I can say I am more than prepared, there is nothing anyone can say that will bother me at this point!

:lol:

Yeah. I'd say you took your lumps last week, and have earned the right for this week. :D

greg3564
10-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Oh. come one, he has a CAREER record of 53-63 as a head coach! Isn't a mediocre winning percentage of .457 good?

I think the Jets saw what he was about and the Chiefs were definitely fooled. But the writing is on the wall and cannot be ignored by the Hunt family much longer. I've said before and I'll say it again, let Herm and Carl go and bring in a new GM and Head Coach to finish the season and point the team in a new direction. It's painfully obvious that the Old Guard of the Chiefs franchise are completely ineffective. Their is so much poison and bad blood right now that we really have nothing to lose this season. Give the players something to look forward to with a new GM and coach. Hell, give us fans something to look forward to.

Chief from the North
10-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Dude, Herm has no business coaching Canadian High School football...

I paraphrase:

What an idiot!!!

IlovetheChiefs
10-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Since this game was sooo bad, and maybe the worst ever for the Chiefs, maybe in the upcoming 2 weeks we'll be hearing the news of Herm being fired.

garciakcfan
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM
greg im sure you are loving the fact that we lost and it showed in your post.... You didnt have much to say after last week which didnt surprise me..... It doesnt change the fact that you are a d-bag like I said before... I didnt catch the first half because I was at work, but from what I did see huard looked like a totally different quarterback and I have no idea why, like I said i missed what happened in the first half someone enlighten me!!!!

Its pretty funny how some people stay quiet and hide when we win and just wait until we lose to pounce on their team. Tough loss all around... So LETS HERE IT NAY SAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM READY

Chief from the North
10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
IMO Herm should have been fired last week already for the ****ty way he treated Tony G. The guy has given blood, sweat, tears and loyalty to the Chiefs and all it would have taken was a 3 yard pass to honor that. 3 yard pass.
Classless Herm...classless. Win or lose, you're an ***.

Since this game was sooo bad, and maybe the worst ever for the Chiefs, maybe in the upcoming 2 weeks we'll be hearing the news of Herm being fired.

rbedgood
10-05-2008, 08:27 PM
greg im sure you are loving the fact that we lost and it showed in your post.... You didnt have much to say after last week which didnt surprise me..... It doesnt change the fact that you are a d-bag like I said before... I didnt catch the first half because I was at work, but from what I did see huard looked like a totally different quarterback and I have no idea why, like I said i missed what happened in the first half someone enlighten me!!!!

Its pretty funny how some people stay quiet and hide when we win and just wait until we lose to pounce on their team. Tough loss all around... So LETS HERE IT NAY SAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM READY

I didn't see the game as I was flipping between Miami-SD and SEA-NY which were played here in Phoenix. So I can't say much about the game, but if I were to make an educated guess the war was lost in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Look at the difference in rushing totals and you don't need to look much farther.

As for addressing those who need to vent, I think that's a lot of what Greg and others are doing. Everyone needs to respond differently to a "bad day". Some people need to vent, while others need to look towards tomorrow. Try to drop the 'name-calling' and show respect to other members of the forum...everyone is entitled to their opinion...(well except the trolls from Chokeland)

section311
10-05-2008, 08:34 PM
You are what your record says you are. Herm is 14-24 since he came here. The team has stopped playing for him, I doubt next year will be better. There's actually still time to turn the season around, but there has to be a turning point soon. I'd love to know what's really happening at practice. My recollection is that Herm likes to give certain players days off from practice. Just wondering.

Three7s
10-05-2008, 09:45 PM

I thought me and some of the other "nay sayers" have said it before. I will be critical of this team when they deserve it and I will praise them when they deserve it. What is there to praise after that game? How can you even THINK of positive comments after that piece of garbage? Next thing I know, you'll tell me Herm is the greatest coach ever and that we'd be idiots for keeping him.

Sorry guys, but it ticks me off when someone questions whether someone is a fan or not, just because he's critical and realistic.

nigeriannightmare
10-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Besides saying that you are positvie, which I highly doubt you are, give us some positvie insight that can be taken from this game. The youth movement thing is played out, we know this is a young team, we know it's gonna take time, even Herm is clueless as he stated in his post game interview. So come on Mr. Positive shed some light on us.

greg3564
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM

You're right....I didn't jump on the "our season is saved" bandwagon after 1 win since last October. That Denver game left me scratching my head and wondering if it could continue. Well that question was answered loud and clear today. I have no real issues with the players. They're stuck playing for a head coach who shouldn't be a head coach and a GM who shouldn't be a GM. Herm Edwards is completely ineffective managing a game or a team. So Garcia, I guess you like Herm? And yes I'm a fan and have been for quite some time. I have every right to be totally pissed off in how the team is coached and run. It sucks and things MUST change or we will repeat all of this again next year. If you think that doesn't make me a fan, that's your problem and not mine.

Hayvern
10-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I do have to say that Herm is a good evaluator of talent. There is no doubt that some of these players are going to be awesome in the years to come and I am excited about seeing it.

However, I also have to say we have to get this guy out of the headcoaching position. He has already cost three and maybe four quarterbacks their careers in his inability to protect and nurture them to success.

He had built a group of players on defense that will be here many years to come, but for some reason, which I can only attribute to ignorance, he has sucked on offense.

For this team to get better, with Edwards at the helm, he has to listen to Chan Gailey. At this point I am not sure he is.

tornadospotter
10-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I do have to say that Herm is a good evaluator of talent. There is no doubt that some of these players are going to be awesome in the years to come and I am excited about seeing it.

However, I also have to say we have to get this guy out of the headcoaching position. He has already cost three and maybe four quarterbacks their careers in his inability to protect and nurture them to success.

He had built a group of players on defense that will be here many years to come, but for some reason, which I can only attribute to ignorance, he has sucked on offense.

For this team to get better, with Edwards at the helm, he has to listen to Chan Gailey. At this point I am not sure he is.
I agree, same with Gunther, I have not seen a Gun defense yet with Herm as head coach.

Coach
10-05-2008, 11:00 PM

No namecalling please. You know the rules.

You are what your record says you are. Herm is 14-24 since he came here. The team has stopped playing for him, I doubt next year will be better. There's actually still time to turn the season around, but there has to be a turning point soon. I'd love to know what's really happening at practice. My recollection is that Herm likes to give certain players days off from practice. Just wondering.

Welcome. I think several players took the day off today, so I'd be pretty surprised if Herm is handing out those cards.

garciakcfan
10-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Sorry Coach, I just really dont like this guy and I challenge everything he says because most of it is stinky bile. I wont call you anymore names greg ok??? sorry... Show me where people were jumping on some bandwagon about 1 win, show the post please... We were all happy thats all and you were quiet, waiting for the next loss so you can have some fun again...

Yeah maybe we should find a new coach again and gut the team one more time and wait another 3-6 years for a contending team... Do you "realists" really think thats a good idea???? Or is it because you are too impatient to go through the growing pains that its going to take to get the franchise back on track.... Are you listening to the commentators on the tv??? They all said it had to be done...

texaschief
10-06-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry Coach, I just really dont like this guy and I challenge everything he says because most of it is stinky bile. I wont call you anymore names greg ok??? sorry... Show me where people were jumping on some bandwagon about 1 win, show the post please... We were all happy thats all and you were quiet, waiting for the next loss so you can have some fun again...

Yeah maybe we should find a new coach again and gut the team one more time and wait another 3-6 years for a contending team... Do you "realists" really think thats a good idea???? Or is it because you are too impatient to go through the growing pains that its going to take to get the franchise back on track.... Are you listening to the commentators on the tv??? They all said it had to be done...

It won't take this team another 3-6 years to become a contender, no matter who the coach is. The players that have been brought in under Herm are legit NFL players. If the Chiefs brought in another coach, they wouldn't have to rebuild this team the way Herm has had to do. The foundation of a winning team is already being laid.

I didn't see this game. I did look at the stats and they truly are staggering. LJ with almost zero rushing yards and hardly ANY carries to speak of. Huard with 2 INT's and two fumbles... good lord. He is just as bad as Thigpen, although a completely DIFFERENT kind of bad. When you get down by that many points, that early, you're forced to throw the ball to keep up. I'm guessing that's why there were so few rushing attempts.

Altogether a horrible day and i doubt this will be the last one of the season.

Three7s
10-06-2008, 04:43 AM
It won't take this team another 3-6 years to become a contender, no matter who the coach is. The players that have been brought in under Herm are legit NFL players. If the Chiefs brought in another coach, they wouldn't have to rebuild this team the way Herm has had to do. The foundation of a winning team is already being laid.

I didn't see this game. I did look at the stats and they truly are staggering. LJ with almost zero rushing yards and hardly ANY carries to speak of. Huard with 2 INT's and two fumbles... good lord. He is just as bad as Thigpen, although a completely DIFFERENT kind of bad. When you get down by that many points, that early, you're forced to throw the ball to keep up. I'm guessing that's why there were so few rushing attempts.

No way is this the last one, we got the Titans as our next game, they'll destroy us.

hardcorechiefsfan
10-06-2008, 06:09 AM

I just want to see the chiefs win a on road game. The chiefs had a prob with that even before Hermie decided to do some housecleaning.

jtandcrew
10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I paraphrase:

What an idiot!!!

That just backs up what I saw in his face when they kept panning the camera on him. At several points he almost looked amused that it was happening. He actually smiled! At some point in the game he shoulda not thought this was funny!

jtandcrew
10-06-2008, 08:40 AM

Also, Albert had 1 of the biggest challenge of his young career trying to contain Peppers. He didnt do a total terrible job but McIntosh could not even come close to protecting Huards SEEING side. 1 play in particular McIntosh actually was totally turned facing the other way as Huard got smacked down. I agree Herm has brought in some talent but has not come close to prove that he can coach.

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Also, Albert had 1 of the biggest challenge of his young career trying to contain Peppers. He didnt do a total terrible job but McIntosh could not even come close to protecting Huards SEEING side. 1 play in particular McIntosh actually was totally turned facing the other way as Huard got smacked down. I agree Herm has brought in some talent but has not come close to prove that he can coach.

Albert did not play. Mac was very bad.

jtandcrew
10-06-2008, 08:51 AM

OK, my bad, I didnt wake up until half way into the 2nd quarter and thought he played. Sorry!:sign0104:

tornadospotter
10-06-2008, 09:40 AM
OK, my bad, I didnt wake up until half way into the 2nd quarter and thought he played. Sorry!:sign0104:
Sorry, Sorry is that all you have, I demand :bananen_smilies046: :beer: , for you not waking up until the 2nd quarter, but then again I though I was still asleep and having a nitemare! Then wished I was:D

jtandcrew
10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Sorry, Sorry is that all you have, I demand :bananen_smilies046: :beer: , for you not waking up until the 2nd quarter, but then again I though I was still asleep and having a nitemare! Then wished I was:D

:lol: I wish I didnt have to work EVERY freaking Sun.! I work 6pm to 6 am! Have to sleep sometime :lol: So I try not to go to bed until atleast 5am Sun morn to get on my sleep schedule after the weekend, but yes, I woke up and thought I was having a nightmare also! Wanted to start drinking before work!:lol: :toast2:

Seek
10-06-2008, 09:59 AM

This game coulnd't compare to the Play off Loss to the Colts Herm's first year here.

Bike
10-06-2008, 12:49 PM
That just backs up what I saw in his face when they kept panning the camera on him. At several points he almost looked amused that it was happening. He actually smiled! At some point in the game he shoulda not thought this was funny!
He probably thinks its amusing that he somehow still has a job as as the Chiefs head coach...

Dyno-Mite
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM
It was a great thing seeing T-Gunz break the reception by a TE record.If we beat the undefeated Titans then that's another thing.

Hayvern
10-06-2008, 03:29 PM
He probably thinks its amusing that he somehow still has a job as as the Chiefs head coach...

Yeah, laughing all the way to the bank, with the money from the hardworking, dedicated, Chiefs fans!

nigeriannightmare
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
It was a great thing seeing T-Gunz break the reception by a TE record.If we beat the undefeated Titans then that's another thing.

Should have happened against the Donks at home, and a win. Instead the road and 34-0 blowout. Nice Hermie, way to tkae care of your Hall of Famer.

Dyno-Mite
10-07-2008, 02:20 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where in the hell were you?!!

:iamwithstupid: J.T. no money?!

You don't need to wonder if Herm can coach.You obviously don't know who is in the game or not.I just wished that you would've saw Albert playing right guard while Mac switched back to left tackle.

Coach
10-09-2008, 10:58 PM
I couldnt believe how bad Macintosh looked. Is that really the best RT we can field?

Three7s
10-10-2008, 03:31 AM
I couldnt believe how bad Macintosh looked. Is that really the best RT we can field?
Herb Taylor is better, which I still don't understand why we don't start him, but it wouldn't have mattered with Albert's injury.

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Looks like Herb Taylor will be taking MacIntosh's place!

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Looks like Herb Taylor will be taking MacIntosh's place!

Sounds good to me!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Sounds friggin' awesome to me too!

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Herm is the man!?

Canada
10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Herm is the man!?

Wait a minute...wait a minute...Herm is a man?

Bike
10-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Wait a minute...wait a minute...Herm is a man?
He's a HERMaphrodite!!!

hermhater
10-11-2008, 11:06 PM

hardcorechiefsfan
10-12-2008, 12:57 AM